Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Mobile Release Date?

Does anyone know when it is exactly in the US? I wanna play it with my friends but I can't find a release date anywhere.

Comments

• AngeliqeueAngeliqeue Posts: 87 Member
    There's already an ipa/apk, you just have to download it.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    No word on a release date yet, soonest I could see EA releasing that info would be at EA Play. If they don't announce a worldwide rollout date there then it's really anyone's guess. My best guess would be in a few months. Theres not really a finite 'soft launch' timeframe to my knowledge, they will keep it at a limited release until they have most of the bugs worked out and enough server capacity (and stability) for a large influx of players.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited June 2017
    The idea behind soft launch seems to be to avoid a failed launch where the app becomes just another zombie app that doesn't appear on any of the top lists in the app stores. If this happens in the app stores in the chosen country then the company can reconsider and maybe change the app before the official launch or maybe just withdraw the app and never release it anyway. We don't know what EA will do here because we don't know how well the Sims Mobile is doing in the Brazil app stores?
  • BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 68 Member
    edited June 2017
    I have a strong hunch it will probably release soon after EA play event, that will last from 10th to 12th of june, play is EA's biggest yearly conference and sims mobile is listed as one of the main games they will introduce there, they probably delayed worldwide launch just so they can have it as an exclusive experience there.

I don't think they are doing any redesigning now, they are probably just polishing the bugs, preparing servers and optimizing for different devices. If I search for the game in the google store it says it has more than 10000 downloads.
    I have a strong hunch it will probably release soon after EA play event, that will last from 10th to 12th of june, play is EA's biggest yearly conference and sims mobile is listed as one of the main games they will introduce there, they probably delayed worldwide launch just so they can have it as an exclusive experience there.

I don't think they are doing any redesigning now, they are probably just polishing the bugs, preparing servers and optimizing for different devices. If I search for the game in the google store it says it has more than 10000 downloads.
    Is that really a lot in Brazil? The Sims Freeplay had more than 200 million downloads.

The problem with games that aren't on any of the top lists is that they are hard to find because you will only see them if you search for them in a specific way. Therefore I am sure that EA will change the game if it isn't on the top lists in Brazil more than a few weeks.
  • r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    Hopefully it comes out this month or something.
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Mess, by the time it comes out everyone won't care because of the new EP.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    It might be after cats&dogs
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimfullysimminSimfullysimmin Posts: 11 New Member
    So then I wonder if there is truth to the Wikipedia site saying November 21... I don't know when cats and dogs are coming but I'm assuming before then....
  • jmattgamingjmattgaming Posts: 18 Member
    I'm also keen to know. I know there are ways to play it already but I'd rather not have to use a workaround/illegitimate method :/ I keep checking the app store periodically but no sign of it yet (except for in Brazil) and seemingly no word at all :( Have to say I'm disappointed after all the initial hype
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    I think 11-21-17
    Oh hamburgers!
  • BARBRAH1BARBRAH1 Posts: 3 New Member
    I can't even imagine bothering to DL this. Who can even see it to play it? And I have iphone 7+never mind the smaller phone.
  • BeelzybobBeelzybob Posts: 1 New Member
    > @BARBRAH1 said:
    > I can't even imagine bothering to DL this. Who can even see it to play it? And I have iphone 7+never mind the smaller phone.

I think you're going off the assumption that they're not porting the game, it's not possible. You need to check Youtube videos. The graphics actually look pretty good. It's effectively The Sims Console meets Sims Freeplay but with Sims 4 graphics.
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    i can't wait
  • HardernaterHardernater Posts: 65 Member
    From what ive heard, it's been postponed until 2018

118n437.jpg

Admin of The Sims™ Mobile Community at Facebook

The Sims Mobile : Hard2Describe / HYC9F67

• gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member

Its out in Australia, and I'm sorta angry.

Its out in Australia, and I'm sorta angry.
    It is still just soft launched in a beta version which therefore still can be changed quite a lot. But it is now out for testing in 4 countries (Brazil, Spain, Australia and Ireland).

Besides that we can preorder it. But apparently not in all countries because when I tried I couldn’t choose Denmark (where I live) even though I could choose both Norway and Sweden. Quite mysterious because somebody told me that Danish now also is among the languages we can choose in the game!?!? But I guess that Denmark has to wait longer than our neighbor countries anyway.
  • SephardicSephardic Posts: 251 Member
    Seems a little annoying that it's out in Australia now, what about the UK? I'm getting really impatient.
    [quote="Sephardic;c-16196954"]Seems a little annoying that it's out in Australia now, what about the UK? I'm getting really impatient. [/quote]

Hold your shoes, the game in it's current state is not ready for everyone to play.

118n437.jpg

• BenincasaBenincasa Posts: 104 Member
    Any more news about this? I am assuming it won't come out until 2018?
    [quote="Benincasa;c-16218631"]Any more news about this? I am assuming it won't come out until 2018? [/quote]

It won't come out until 2018, if you live in Australia you can download it now.

118n437.jpg

• adamlevineadamlevine Posts: 14 New Member
    t don't know too
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    This is so lame that new members are bumping this thread.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited December 2017
    millsmolls wrote: »

Maybe they're just hoping someone knows something about it? I signed up for it on Google Play and had hoped that it was going to come out before Christmas. They might *be* new members entirely because they're hoping for the mobile game to come out. Not everyone is a PC player.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2017
    millsmolls wrote: »

Maybe they're just hoping someone knows something about it? I signed up for it on Google Play and had hoped that it was going to come out before Christmas. They might *be* new members entirely because they're hoping for the mobile game to come out. Not everyone is a PC player.

If some check their emails from EA there is a Coming Soon Email (Dec. 19th email date) for people to PreRegister Now, to get an Early Bird Access Gift ETA: (Not the same as Origin Early Access)...I think it will be very soon. So, anyone wanting that free gift and this game should go ahead and Preregister now since most preregister games are not a month away, but very soon.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.