Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Wi-fi

SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
I was looking through the No Wi-Fi section on the Google Play Store on my tablet, and it put both SimCity Buildit and Sims Freeplay in that category, but when I tried to start up the game with Wi-Fi turned off, it kept going to the connecting to server screen. I'm pretty sure it does require Wi-Fi, correct?
Story_Banner.png
Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The Google Play store says:
    "Important Consumer Information:
    This app: requires a persistent Internet connection (network fees may apply); Requires acceptance of EA’s Privacy & Cookie Policy and User Agreement.
    includes in-game advertising; collects data through third party analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details); contains direct links to the Internet and social networking sites intended for an audience over 13."

So yes, the Sims Free play requires a constant internet connection :)
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    ^ What @Erpe said.

Due to the content and nature of the game, we do not support offline play at this point in time. Sorry!
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Thank you! :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Posts: 71 Member
    I had to quit this and all other apps on my iphone and shut my wiifi off completely because my phone company keeps charging me to much money for data. There really is not point in playing a "free" game when the phone company charges you more than if you were to buy an entire new gaming pc rig. I will never touch another app again for telephones. I'm not a cow to be milked.
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    I had to quit this and all other apps on my iphone and shut my wiifi off completely because my phone company keeps charging me to much money for data.

@Jemcrystal, I'm unsure as to what carrier you're with or where you're located however wifi connections do not rely on cellular data (unless you have wifi boost on, which is an iPhone only feature and you can turn off). If you connect to any wifi connection, such as your own private home network, or a free public access one at Starbucks, McDonalds or a public library, your carrier cannot charge you as you're not using their cellular data.
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    I had to quit this and all other apps on my iphone and shut my wiifi off completely because my phone company keeps charging me to much money for data.

@Jemcrystal, I'm unsure as to what carrier you're with or where you're located however wifi connections do not rely on cellular data (unless you have wifi boost on, which is an iPhone only feature and you can turn off). If you connect to any wifi connection, such as your own private home network, or a free public access one at Starbucks, McDonalds or a public library, your carrier cannot charge you as you're not using their cellular data.
    @Jemcrystal Wifi isn't the same as mobile data! So Emma is right: Wifi is usually free to use while mobile data isn't. So just disable mobile data on your phone and turn wifi on. Wifi is usually free :)
  • RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    Yeah... sorry, it does need wifi... That drives me crazy, and I really hope that you are able to make it without wifi needed --- the Party Boat is the only thing that actually NEEDS the wifi, right???
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
    RoggieBear wrote: »
    Yeah... sorry, it does need wifi... That drives me crazy, and I really hope that you are able to make it without wifi needed --- the Party Boat is the only thing that actually NEEDS the wifi, right???
    You can't get the weekly events without wifi either.

The game is designed as an online game. But it should be possible to play it shortly offline as it is with most other similar games. But daily rewards, new events and visiting other players usually always require that the games are connected to the internet.