Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ SIMS 4 QC MONTHLY ~ CHALLENGE 31 DUE (CDT) 1ST JULY ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The exterior design of Club Paradise Yacht and the layout of the build looks so very nice! @RivendellStar :) The design of the beach park area looks so very nice! The curtained pergolas look great! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the chairs there in the outdoors air. It is great there there is a firepit there for sims to enjoy using to toast food or keep warm. They will enjoy cooking on the grill and eating meals at the picnic table in the sunshine. The tropical palm trees look great! The string lights look very pretty on the edges of the yacht. Very nice deck areas! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. The furnishing of the interior of the yacht looks so nice! Very nice
    sofa and armchair sitting room for sims to rest there, and have a chat or read a book. The wall of bookcases looks great! The plants are nice touches of green and nature in the room. Very nice dining and stage room! The white colour and the type of dining seats used looks very nice. The dessert buffet table looks great! The fruit bowl, cake display item, and candles are great touches on it. Sims will enjoy listening to the singer and piano music whilst dining. The outdoors dance nook deck area looks great! Sims have fun dancing to the dj booth music in the outdoors sea air. The karaoke nook is very nice! Very nice comfortable seats sitting area there for sims to enjoy relaxing there watching other sims having fun karaokeing. The curtains behind the karaoke stand look pretty! Very nice furnishing of the bedroom! The colour scheme and wall paneling looks very nice!
    It is great that you have been able to post the pictures! :)
  • Options
    RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    Thanks @rosemow :)
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited May 2017
    Entry

QC Monthly challenge no: 19 Billionaire’s Yacht
    Origin ID: MyFavoritedesign
    Name of Lot used: Willow Creek, Oakenstead
    Build gallery name: Yacht: Black Swan
    Gallery Link: Yacht: Black Swan

Images

The main view of the superyacht "Black Swan"
    Mason did not even dream of owning his own super yacht.
    Here his yacht was moored in full glory near the beach, where he found a treasure.
    u3njHxp.jpg

Control panel for the Captain and his crew .
    Finding the lost gold, Parson became so fond of the sea that he mastered the skills of navigation and received a license for the role of captain.
    6n1pxaM.jpg

Treasure
    When Mason found the treasure he was surprised how much gold was there. He decided to leave some gold for the next lucky person.
    For that he have hidden the treasure map in the same location on the beach where he have found it many years ago.
    9rAey1Q.jpg

Bar-Buffet
    Parson loved hiring a favorite comedian for his personal events to tell guests the fun stories of treasure hunts.
    xKSY4qa.jpg

Karaoke Nightclub
    Mason is celebrating his success with wild parties surrounded by famous celebrities and friends.
    f1DxRtU.jpg

One of the many bedrooms
    During his adventures, Mason found true love, and for him it was more important than all royal gold.
    RtZoPYZ.jpg

Notes: Control room and above it yacht steering wheel room made with dashboards for decorative purposes.
    Ocean bottom is designed for decorative purposes and have some surfaces in brown colour what symbolise mud.
    The narrow windows between bedrooms and ensuite are designed for decorative purposes to look a part from the outside.

More Images:
    iLyTZmX.jpg
    HLcQkgL.jpg
    2foih2p.jpg
    mMcdov2.jpg
    jtuQYmF.jpg
    dGQgo8T.jpg
    pt6DT6Y.jpg
    CfLmcD3.jpg
    6VHPepy.jpg
    Zp1oPHw.jpg
    DnHYbTR.jpg
    tRID2g7.jpg
    FZoUVJf.jpg
    icvpklZ.jpg
    zqBsZzO.jpg
    KKMBlBt.jpg
    NsShp6O.jpg
    EZ7GLJp.jpg
    hUdyI3Z.jpg
    Post edited by MyFavoritedesign on
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    The Black Swan is such a very nice yacht! @MyFavoritedesign :) The exterior design of the yacht looks so very nice! Very nice park/beach areas! The pink flamingos are a nice touch there. Very nice camping nook. Sims will enjoy sitting near the firepit toasting food and keeping warm. It is great that there is a tent there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the yacht and the deck areas! It is a very detailed bulld! The design of the Control panel room looks creatively great! The treasure chest and gold area looks so very, very nice! You are so very creative! The positioning of the gold , coins and chest there looks so very nice! It is a special touch that it is under water. It is such a very detailed build! The colour schemes of the rooms look so very nice! There are many great feature areas on the yacht, both indoors and outside! The outdoors bar and buffet area looks very nice! Sims will enjoy siinging and dancuhf at the karaoke and bar nightclub! There are so many nice areas and features, so I am unable to write about tnem all.
    The build is so very creatively designed , built and furnished! :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of it @rosemow !
    Thank you @lisa17ann so much for your lovely comment. :)
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @Myfavoritedesign I love your x marks the spot. Your yacht is pretty awesome too. Fantastic party room!
  • Options

Thanks @Ainsleyf for your kind comment!
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    @MyFavoritedesign Great yacht entry! :) Loving the helicopter pad, exterior of the ship, and buried treasure. Looking forward to checking it out in game.
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options

Thanks for your compliments about my Yacht @RivendellStar. It's really my biggest project. Only Prison can compare with Yacht.
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited May 2017
    Origin ID: withlovejulien
    Name of Lot used: Oakenstead in Willow Creek

Build gallery name: Yacht at Castaway Cove
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/B066426A430B11E785308B20C9C2EFDF

Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)

Whew! I wasn't sure I was going to make it. :)

Function/questionable choices notes: "lounges" not functional though ottomans still act as seats. The chrome wall strip is uneven on both sides of the black portion of the boat since it wouldn't stay in place when downloaded if it crossed an interior wall intersection (sometimes!! Sometimes it did stay in place--the way it is set up now stays in place when downloaded). The short flag at the front of the ship is visible through the half-wall on the interior. I tried it 10 different ways and it's just thicker than the walls where they join. I liked it so much I kept there anyway. There is an underwater grass plant that sticks up through the surface of the water and I did that on purpose because sometimes seaweed reaches the surface. The plant pots are hidden by having them placed "in" rocks or ruins (and the room of ruins is unreachable since I only made it to give context to the oversized statue sticking up in the ruins area). The sea creatures are placed in an X pattern because they are two dimensional and would otherwise not be visible when viewed from the side. They are lit by deck lights hidden under rocks and the ocean floor is divided into "habitats" where the critter is matched with décor items I thought they went with. The vampire pack ivy needed to be placed back-to-back because it's not visible from the back. Lots of move objects for the lanterns on the dingy, under the umbrella, hanging from the decking, the strands of lights hanging from the decking next to the hot tub, and the clutter items inside the console table behind the sofa on the hot tub deck. The dinghy is not actually connected to the yacht because I wanted to give the sense of it being actually separate and because Sims still need to get to the island (though they could swim I doubt they'd be that ambitious), I included an ocean-colored strip of flooring between the dinghy and the yacht.

Castaway Cove was set up as a kind of museum to commemorate a man who was stranded on the island for a number of years and made his own little living space in a cave. It's since been used as a place to catch the latest indie music acts and use the bubble blower. People visiting the island from the yacht use a dinghy. The bottom level of the yacht includes crew quarters with their own beds, bath, lounge, and kitchen, and the engine room. The next level is the underwater dance and karaoke bar (the billionaire can afford special submarine glass to have windows under the level of the water), the movie room, a half-bath, and two bedrooms with baths. The sea level deck has two more bedrooms, the kitchen, dining area, life boats, mic for singers/comedians, access to swimming in the ocean. The second level deck has the captain's quarters and the bridge command area, musician performance space, a sectional sofa for enjoying the performers or TV, through a fold-away door the deck has lounge chairs and an umbrella. The deck in front of the command area has additional seating. The owner's deck includes the owners bed and bath with sun roof, a private deck where the owner can choose to meditate or do yoga in the fresh ocean breezes, a place to read and use the computer and a deck for enjoying the gaming table. The fourth floor deck include the hot tub (also under a glass roof) and more relaxing areas facing the bow of the ship. The fifth floor is for the necessities of ship life like radar and communication (the lantern light is meant to be a satellite or cell phone tower and that's why it's turned off). The lights on the front of the yacht are green and red to indicate port and starboard for other vessels nearby. I had a lot of fun decorating the ocean floor. I felt like I was making a diorama!

Street view:
    KUr39HQ.png

Back view (so much open deck in the front and back!):

JU5W1PI.png

Critters! View from the entertainment room on lower deck:

BaQBsn3.png

Dining and kitchen area on the main deck:

S9hquMX.png

Nightclub/party room with bar/dance floor/karaoke/arcade

hMqCj1z.png

This view creeped me out!

hKpDEXp.png

More images
    Post edited by withlovejulien on
  • Options

Thank you @steskens for your lovely comment. :)
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    @withlovejulien I love the creativity of the underwater ruins and the underground hut lounge area.
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Oh my GOD @withlovejulien..those underwater bits are fantastic!! Boat's pretty cool too! ;)

• Options
    Yacht at Castaway Cove is such a very creatively nice build! @withlovejulien :) It was great reading the background details to the build! The exterior design of the yacht looks so very nice! The underwater karaoke and dance bar looks great! Very nice purple and black colour scheme of the room! The dance floor area is great! Sims will enjoy dancing to the music, have fun karaokeing, and enjoy sitting at the tables watching on whilst having a drink from the bar. The decorating of the underwater sea level looks very great! Very nice outdoors areas! The land area with the bonfire and rock waterfall feature looks very nice!
    It is a very detailed and creatively designed build! :)
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Wow @MyFavoritedesign that looks amazing I love the beach and the treasure very creative. Fantastic color schemes and furnishings through out the yacht I cant wait to explore this one in game.

@withlovejulien fantastic yacht, love the design and especially the back of the yacht, those underwater pics are creepy haha
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options

@phantasmkiss I love how you used the roofing for that great sweeping affect at the back of the boat! Creative way to make your own karaoke station! Awesome! And an incredible dining room with all of those Sims being able to sit and eat at the same time!

@Liziann1 Very huge! You were able to fit in so many activities! The game room looks fun with the bowling alley. Great roofing and deck areas. Fun white exterior finish!

@Ainsleyf Amazing boardwalk/dock area. Love the strings of lights. You did an engine room, too! Yours looks awesome. Love the copper color choice! The oversized coffee table looks so sleek--just like the roofs used to make that great front wedge shape. I love the cabinet behind a half-wall.

@popettypop2012 The flags! Inspired! Love the parking lot with cars and fence. Love the pattern of the dance floor and your floor covering covering goes with the windows! Elegant rooms!

@RivendellStar Love how the stairs in the front give that wedge shape. Very elegant lounge area! I love those chairs! The shelf reversed looks great! wonderful rooms!

@MyFavoritedesign Love the little islands around the yacht and the yacht itself looks fabulous! Love the angled shapes! Love the initials in the pool :)
  • Options
    Thanks, @Cbear13! This was a lot of fun and a really great challenge idea to do something different!

I just updated my entry with a couple of other notes and a link to more images. Imgur is acting stupid with Microsoft edge these days.

@rosemow Thank you! I think the sims will enjoy it!

@ainsleyf I'm glad you like the underwater parts! :) I was like: Is this going to work? Is it going to look really dumb? And then: Hey! It does kind of work!

@RivendellStar I have to admit that I was tickled at making the underground music scene literally underground!
  • Options
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options

Thank you @withlovejulien for your kind comment!
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Holy plumbob! :o These yachts are amazing! You all did such an amazing job! I will be having a look at the in game soon and maybe one day I will finish my own and share it here when I do haha!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    @MyFavoritedesign & @withlovejulien OMG !! Such Amazing creative and stunning entries, I am not sure whose I want to live on 1st :)

I see lots of Max Fav's for us here at QCMonthly this month ;)
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Attention.png
    Challenge 19 is now officially over, what an amazing effort by everyone

Challenge 20 is now posted on page 1
    Challenge 20 found here
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • Options
    Final entries for challenge 19, these all look spectacular and great sims
    Thank you everyone who took part in this challenge you can find all the banners to your entries on page 1 they will be posted for 4 weeks til the next challenge ends, please save them to your computers. Though these challenges arent judged now we will be taking a look at all the entries in game and handing out some awards in the next few days.

Challenge 19 banners found here

Ch19%20entries%20banner.png
    Ch19%20entries%20pg1%206.png
    Ch19%20entries%20pg2%201.png
    ✶✶ phantasmkiss entry form ✶✶ Liziann1 entry form ✶✶ Ainsleyf entry form ✶✶ popettypop2012 entry form ✶✶
    ✶✶ RivendellStar entry form ✶✶ MyFavoritedesign entry form ✶✶ withlovejulien entry form ✶✶

Ch19%20sim%20entries%20banner.png
    Ch19%20entries%20sims%20pg1%205.png
    ✶✶ phantasmkiss sim entry form ✶✶ MyFavoritedesign sim entry form ✶✶ Ainsleyf sim entry form ✶✶ popettypop2012 sim entry form ✶✶
    ✶✶ Liziann1 sim entry form ✶✶
  • Options
    @Liziann1 I just noticed your gallery link doesnt work on your entry form for challenge 19

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top