Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood GP Prerelease Info: SimGuru Statements etc.

Comments

• JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited May 2017

This is indeed a feature. Well loved Grandparents will occasionally send your sim gifts in the mail. Simgurugeorge was saying that his Grandma IRL still does that for him to this day.

That's awesome! Guess I heard it right the first time after all, lol.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Wonder if MC will let me cheat and make my sim's parents. I don't want to age them up but I really want some grandparents in the family.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand that phase from the tweet. Can someone help?
    Well from the picture, it looks to me like either a phase related to wearing costumes, or to eating fruit. Or both.

There's a childhood phase called "I'm a Bear" where kids want to...well, be in their bear suit.
    And only their bear suit.
    They will be pretty unhappy if they aren't wearing it. (This is just like my 2 yr old IRL and his dang spiderman outfit. I swear, it's all he wants to wear morning/afternoon/nighttime).

And of course we had to give the adults those bear suits as well so they can play with their kids!

How long do such phases last on average?
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Well from the picture, it looks to me like either a phase related to wearing costumes, or to eating fruit. Or both.

There's a childhood phase called "I'm a Bear" where kids want to...well, be in their bear suit.
    They will be pretty unhappy if they aren't wearing it. (This is just like my 2 yr old IRL and his dang spiderman outfit. I swear, it's all he wants to wear morning/afternoon/nighttime).

And of course we had to give the adults those bear suits as well so they can play with their kids!

no toddlers bears :((
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member

Haha, awesome!
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited May 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    I love the fact that grandparents would send items through the mail!!' (The livestream)
    It's a little thing but it makes Family feel like a family

Are you sure? I thought the Guru was just saying that's what Grandma's do and his own did..?

This is indeed a feature. Well loved Grandparents will occasionally send your sim gifts in the mail. Simgurugeorge was saying that his Grandma IRL still does that for him to this day.

YAS!
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited May 2017

But what about toddler suits? :cry: And I wish we had new dress up outfits for kids/toddlers. :(
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I wonder if the bear night would accept those new bear suits for discount?
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Thanks for collecting these information for us!
    It's really helpful!! <3
    Can't wait till the release date!! :D
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    So setting the table disappears when sim's changing seat? So before everyone sit, all setting will disappear cause sims love chaning seats.
    Also during live sisters were arguing next to their parents and what.. Parents completely didn't care until we they told them to punish them.. This is how emotions work in this game.. Sims don't care about serious situations. For example daughter isn't sad cause she didn't see her father dying but they are happy because they ate something tasty...
    Well, pack seems great though base game still needs improvements..
    Did you see a lot of space upstairs? But sisters decided to go downstairs cause according to them there was no enough space for arguing..
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    It must be said there are 3 new bear costume colors as well in this pack.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    So setting the table disappears when sim's changing seat? So before everyone sit, all setting will disappear cause sims love chaning seats.
    Also during live sisters were arguing next to their parents and what.. Parents completely didn't care until we they told them to punish them.. This is how emotions work in this game.. Sims don't care about serious situations. For example daughter isn't sad cause she didn't see her father dying but they are happy because they ate something tasty...
    Well, pack seems great though base game still needs improvements..
    Did you see a lot of space upstairs? But sisters decided to go downstairs cause according to them there was no enough space for arguing..

noticed that too when there was plenty of room to do so. like you, it's not the EP or GPs that are the problem, it's the base game. sims didnt react properly in the base game. i know ZERO and i mean ZERO about programming and all that goes into video games, i'm a nurse my talents lie elsewhere, however i believe they need to dial down happy. it overtakes everything. everything can't make you happy. death of a close friend/family member should ALWAYS take presidence over a good meal or nicely decorated surrounds. so should anger. And they need to cut/dial down these attractions/fixation on getting water and sitting together. that needs to go today
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Also during live sisters were arguing next to their parents and what.. Parents completely didn't care until we they told them to punish them.. [...]
    I missed the live and all. But the Parenting system is supposed to depend on the player. In the Generarions EP, punishment/grounding occured automatically and some simmers didn't like like that. So that's why it's up to the player now.
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    So misbehaving should be totally autonomus cause where's the point of telling one sim to fart and another to punish him?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    So misbehaving should be totally autonomus cause where's the point of telling one sim to fart and another to punish him?

Different people play differently. Some people enjoy creating stories in different degrees than others.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I also noticed a bug where the toddler has a sad moodlet and their emotion is fine on the livestream.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• PlaidygamiPlaidygami Posts: 51 Member
    Will the release of this pack trigger another Sims sale? I missed the previous one completely and feel like an idiot.
    来る者は拒まず。 去る者は追わず。
    天下無不散之筵席。
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Plaidygami wrote: »
    Will the release of this pack trigger another Sims sale? I missed the previous one completely and feel like an plum.

No idea but I'm pretty sure there will be one again soon :) you can also check cdkeys (they've got cheaper prices as well on a lot of games) :)
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited May 2017

From what I gather, burping and um... similar actions :D occur autonomously. It's all about how the parents (or in this case you) shape their behavior.

Edit: typos
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Re. the house in the Twitch stream:

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I also noticed a bug where the toddler has a sad moodlet and their emotion is fine on the livestream.

Toddler was tired and that led to the sad moodlet and a sad emotional state. They used the parent to boost the toddler's energy (needs high level parenting skill). That lifted the toddler's energy enough to get her out of the sad emotional state. Not sure if it reduces time on the moodlet...couldn't see that...or if the moodlet is supposed to disappear altogether....or if the moodlet is supposed to remain but since her energy was bumped up, the moodlet, by itself, wasn't enough to drag her overall emotional state into the sad range.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Is there anything else for teens to do/be apart from getting punished, set curfew and anything else (that isn't the same as for children/younger sims)?
    ^^ Yup

Any particular examples?
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2017
    I still would like to know about teenagers that are raising a child in one of my households, they can't get any benefits from the parenting skill, but the kids and toddlers should be able to receive them from the teenagers. There parents are dead and they are the last of a huge family line. patch in exceptions to the young adult rule for parenthood game pack, like for houses that only have teenagers living in them with there sisters and brothers as children, in those circumstances, teenagers should be able to act as parents or caregivers to younger family members.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top