Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood GP Prerelease Info: SimGuru Statements etc.

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I spot a new toy in the corner of this picture. It looks like a baby doll. :)

That's one of the variants for the Doctor Playset

Can toddlers interact with it?
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    @SimGuruNinja Thanks!
    Are there any new hidden or CAS traits as well?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    @SimGuruNinja is there new foods (both for lunches and other wise?) since I didn't regonize the dish that the child and Mom (and later, Mom, teen and fomer toddler) eatting?

also does this mean without MC other sims might get "busy"?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    So for the record. Misbehaving isn't autonomus or it is? Can we control when sims farts or swear?
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    So for the record. Misbehaving isn't autonomus or it is? Can we control when sims farts or swear?

That made me laugh so hard! I don't think I want to control when my sims fart, but it would make for a few interesting stories!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Actually, it doesn't sound like a bad pack after all. I just hope they tone down the occurrence of twins and triplets when they do the patch for this. Then I might be able to enjoy the content and how my sims are raising their kids.

Can you do that please? @SimGuruNinja
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    @SimGuruNinja since there's a grounding feature on this pack for children and teens, can teens throw a teen party just in case their parents are on a rabbithole activity or maybe the parents aren't in the house? That would be fun!
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    not sure if this question was asked yet but what happens with young adults and older who are created with create a sim how will they be affected by the new parenting system.

IMO, I think if you create a new family in CAS (Mom, Dad, teen, child, toddler and one or more grandparents) then the "parenting" begins when you download them into your game and begin to play them. I also hope that when you go to play a pre-existing family you already have in the game, the new "parenting" starts at that moment. It's like any other pack we install. It begins when we play for the first time automatically. For example. with vampires, when we created our own in CAS and played them, they were vampires. If we played a nonvampire family, there was a chance of meeting or being bitten by a new vampire added to the game.

well that is fine but my question regrauding sims being created after the pack was installed unless young adults will just be young adults like normal/pre parenthood and have no character traits.(yes i heard you can apparently cheat them in though but still)
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    After growing up, how would a sim with a good parent act differently from a sim who had a neglected parent?

The traits they can receive upon aging to YA reflect how they were brought up.
    And Sims will also remember how individual family members treated them.

Check your kid's relationship panel after they age up to young adult. It will change the titles of their family based off their childhood experience. A sibling may become "Childhood Buds."
    A parent who was really good to you might become "Oh Captain My Captain."
    A parent who was not so great could be "Repressive Childhood."
    Grandparents get changed titles too.
    And lots more.

Along with this, the relationship titles also introduce new social interactions between family members as well as updated autonomous behavior. So the way adult sims were treated when they were kids by individual family members dictates how they feel about them throughout adulthood.

*pant pant*
    I went a little off the rails there. Sorry. Excited.

Oh my... I think I may have forgotten how to breathe for a second. That sounds amazing!
  • jeromesimsworldjeromesimsworld Posts: 78 Member
    I don't know if this was brought up but do the roles of nannies have an affect on the upbringing or is it solely based off parents
    ORIGIN ID: JeromeJoynes

jeromesimsworld.wordpress.com

[img][/img]0g1lXMR.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Just saw this in another thread
    SimGuruNinja wrote: »
    Okay, here's the scoop on sacked lunches...

-You can pack pretty much any prepared food into a sack lunch
    -You can select a few quick sack lunches from the fridge (if you don't want to spend the time cooking an actual meal)
    -You can premake sack lunches and pack them in the fridge to grab on the way out to school/work/whatever
    -Kids & Teens will eat them at school (if their hunger motive is low enough)
    -Adults can take lunches to work and will eat them (if their hunger motive is low enough)
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Did you guys know that in the last patch I think it was April they put a Easter egg in for this game pack, I don't know if it was accidental or on purpose, but it is on the made dishes, click on a group serving of food plate and you get the normal menu of grab a serving, however they added pickup serving and place in inventory.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Did you guys know that in the last patch I think it was April they put a Easter egg in for this game pack, I don't know if it was accidental or on purpose, but it is on the made dishes, click on a group serving of food plate and you get the normal menu of grab a serving, however they added pickup serving and place in inventory.

I thought that was so you could pick anything up to give it to your toddler whereas with grab a serving the sim would just eat it.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Awesome job on this @luthienrising. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    So in the blog post, it was stated that they would do another post about how to guide a sim. When do you think they release one?
  • m3ukkiem3ukkie Posts: 45 Member
    Every new information sounds really awesome. I’m totally excited. This must be going to be my favorite pack. @luthienrising, thank you for making this thread!

I just hope for adjustment of sim’s life stage balance now. After the toddler addition, my sims, with normal aging speed, can barely survive until their first grandchild become a child. I watched the new trailer video and found a mention about grandparents, too. It looks really sweet to me. I would love to play such a big family over the generations.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I'd say before the live stream on Friday so wed or Thursday.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited May 2017

-You can select a few quick sack lunches from the fridge (if you don't want to spend the time cooking an actual meal)
    -You can premake sack lunches and pack them in the fridge to grab on the way out to school/work/whatever
    -Adults can take lunches to work and will eat them (if their hunger motive is low enough)

YES, now I don't have to panic to give my Sims a breakfast before work or school.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

YES, now I don't have to panic to give my Sims a breakfast before work or school.

They eat at school anyway I think
    giphy_1.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    Don't think it's been specified whether {the new walkstyle} will be available in CAS or just under particular circumstances.

Could you confirm on this one? @SimGuruNinja

This exasperated walk style triggers when your sim is in a mood swing (most common in teens). This is not a chooseable walk style in CAS, but an expressive walk based on sim's emotional state.
    From here
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »

They eat at school anyway I think

Unless they've now turned it off and you have to pack a sack lunch.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    @SimGuruNinja what kind of punishments we have?

Time-outs, grounding (you choose the activities they're grounded from), curfews, and a LOT of various discipline type socials.

while i understand with the rating "spanking" probly isnt an option but i hope anything from standing in the corner to appology letters are there along with maybe an option for "writing lines"
    i will not tell lies
    i will not tell lies
    i will not tell lies
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2017
    Kinda thought there had to be limitations somewhere in all this. Here's one:

34021575074_76bee7a8a6.jpg

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top