Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLEASE Let it be True!

2...Next

Comments

• Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I'm hoping there will be a lot of toddler content in this pack. We need more hairstyles and clothes, for instance.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I just want my sims to go to cafes, bars, etc and sit the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 down together!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    This is one of the elements that might backfire for a micromanager. It may be very well that it works like this: sims child swears or burps autonomously. Sim parent now has the option to scold, as with pets in Sims 2. If parents scold enough, the well behaved trait will be added. Otherwise the ill-behaved trait. But if I my non free will sim children never swear or burp, because I just do not command them to and because I rarely sacrifice gametime for family meals (where burping and swaering might occur as part of the table chatter), then my well-behaved children will recieve the ill-behaved trait simply because they have not been scolded often enough. As a result I must make my children act inappropriately on purpose to allow my other sims to teach them how to behave appropriately.

It's only speculation so far, of course, looking forward to the lifestream to confirm or dissolve my worries :)
  • angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    This is one of the elements that might backfire for a micromanager...But if I my non free will sim children never swear or burp, because I just do not command them to...
    A legitimate concern of course...though autonomous actions happen often even with autonomy off.
    Since basic Sim behavior doesn't seem to be affected by autonomy off, depending on how these elements are added we may be asking for a swear / burp toggle ;)
    As a result I must make my children act inappropriately on purpose to allow my other sims to teach them how to behave appropriately.
    Isn't that how you would want it as a micromanager?
    I know I want the actions and consequences for my Sims to be my decision.
    It's only speculation so far, of course, looking forward to the lifestream to confirm or dissolve my worries :)
    You didn't ask but...
    I just assume that whatever I want from the pack (if included) will not be implemented exactly how I want it but will still be enjoyable.
    &
    They will include things that I never thought of that will be a nice surprise.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    I think this is a cool idea, but I'm also nervous for it. I fear it's a real possiblity that they have made it so if your child grows up not having been reared "properly" then they will do nothing but burp and curse constantly and that this will in turn cause every sim they come in contact with to hate them. In real life there is a time and place to behave yourself and times when it's ok to use swear words and fart and laugh about it etc. I'm worried that the game won't have any sort of distinction and it'll turn out much like I've seen the uncontrollable hissing weakness in the vampire pack (granted I don't own the pack so haven't played it), but what I saw on youtube looked like the hissing just made all the sims around hate the vampire and the poor guy's family and everyone ended up being enemies with him. So I'm just really hoping it turns out well.
    I'm nervous about this as well. Right now my game lags every time my sims go from one high emotion to another. And this usually occurs when they get home from doing something in San Myshuno. And I'm nervous because this new trait system or what ever it is, and it's consequences might make this lagging in my game even worse.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think child rearing is going to be that in depth. I think families that are not played, will grow up average, a little bad but mostly good. Families that are played, will receive the benefit of good or bad parenting. I hope that in a single family, if one child is "taught" good manners, they will grow up with the new good traits. But if another child is ignored or left to their own devises with no punishments, they will grow up with the new bad traits.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think this is a cool idea, but I'm also nervous for it. I fear it's a real possiblity that they have made it so if your child grows up not having been reared "properly" then they will do nothing but burp and curse constantly and that this will in turn cause every sim they come in contact with to hate them. In real life there is a time and place to behave yourself and times when it's ok to use swear words and fart and laugh about it etc. I'm worried that the game won't have any sort of distinction and it'll turn out much like I've seen the uncontrollable hissing weakness in the vampire pack (granted I don't own the pack so haven't played it), but what I saw on youtube looked like the hissing just made all the sims around hate the vampire and the poor guy's family and everyone ended up being enemies with him. So I'm just really hoping it turns out well.

Well, that could be part of never learning proper behavior -- hence consequences. That Sim might have to work harder to make friends, or just find other friends who were raised that way. A Sim raised in a super-strict household could grow up extra rebellious, not able to deal with authority figures, or a Sim raised by parents who never paid attention to him/her might have trouble forming close relationships. We'll have to see exactly what the Character Value traits are and what they entail.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't think child rearing is going to be that in depth. I think families that are not played, will grow up average, a little bad but mostly good. Families that are played, will receive the benefit of good or bad parenting. I hope that in a single family, if one child is "taught" good manners, they will grow up with the new good traits. But if another child is ignored or left to their own devises with no punishments, they will grow up with the new bad traits.

I wonder if you can go in and set curfews and such for inactive families (play the families to do so then mark them as unplayed) and if those rules will stay in effect. I'd like to give all the households an early curfew for the children at least, then maybe vary the teen curfew a bit.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I agree with this ^^^^^^^. This new trait system or what ever it is and it's consequences, and the whole good parenting/bad parenting system sounds to me like it's all player controlled. And will have very minimal influence on Non-played households in the game. If these new character value traits are indeed going to be a new type of trait that a player can pick and choose in CAS, or just be a set of background traits. I see at this point in time a small percentage of the Townies with these new traits in the game.
    edited May 2017
    There might be a way to use trait cheats as well to add in the traits for some of your favorite townies to give them more depth or just to have some fun -- I'd love to see Nancy Landgraab belching and farting all over the place. >:) And I wonder what happens if you've got two parents with totally different parenting styles -- I could imagine Eliza Pancakes being the super-strict parent while Bob is a lot more laid back.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Just watched the new trailer about the Values system. It looks like playing families will be a lot more involved and fun. All the choices that a parent has to make to raise their child into a good adult.
    According to the new parenting trailer that was just released moments ago. There are at least three new traits in Parenthood, but they can only be unlocked after a sim has reached adulthood through normal play. But I'm certain that a cheatcoder will try and find a way for players to get around that with a cheat code.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    According to the new parenting trailer that was just released moments ago. There are at least three new traits in Parenthood, but they can only be unlocked after a sim has reached adulthood through normal play. But I'm certain that a cheatcoder will try and find a way for players to get around that with a cheat code.

I'm looking forward to cheating these traits all over town. (I'm also assuming that the cheats will be there and quickly found.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

You know what. I love the vampire-hissing <3

I have a mean-evil-vampire in my save and she is dangerous and everyone is scared and dislikes her. I play rotational and every time I log on to her household she has red bars everywhere and one or two green ones. It really makes me so happy because that is how I want her to be, how I tried to design her. She has clubs from GtW that lets her and her vampire offspring feed on the sims on the lot. A word of advice, if you see them arriving go the other way.

Most of the sims I play are kind little fellows, but I love creating these dangerous entities that moves about the save and makes things happen. The trick for me is applying the right trait on the right sim. We will see how it works out but I really look forward to sims being able to be less nice towards each other.

I like playing nice kind little sims as my mains, I love placing scary mean sims in the saves to make the world feel alive. This pack looks really promising to me.
    sunman502 wrote: »

I'm looking forward to cheating these traits all over town. (I'm also assuming that the cheats will be there and quickly found.)
    I'm sure that many of us will be looking forward to doing that, my self included. Just to see how the game will respond to the cheating at first. And if the game doesn't react badly towards the cheating. Then I may or may not keep cheating in that part of the game. :)
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    I hope this system get adopted to pets
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

I hope this system get adopted to pets
    I don't know if it will be added to pets or if we'll get pets in Sims 4 at all. But I'm very certain they will find a way to link this to pets somehow. If pets are added to the game. :)
  • caitybee73caitybee73 Posts: 121 Member
    The responsible trait would be a great tie-in to pets, especially given that its icon is a chick hatching. Responsible sims could be better pet owners and perhaps even keep small pets alive longer.

It would be amazing if they could use some of these awesome traits and punishment/praise systems in future packs! It's too good to isolate in one pack alone.