Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

just saw the new gameplay trailer.

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    It looks amazing!
    That it does. But as another Simmer has done pointed out. This new Parenthood Game Pack looks to be a game changer, and what some of the SimGurus have comment about the Pack also hint that as well. And because of it looking like a game changer, that is causing some of us to express our fears and doubts about GP#5.

What? :confused:
    Sorry, but you have lost me on this. What part of my post are you confused about? I can try to help you understand better if you'll let me what part my post that you are confused about.

Why do you have doubts and fears if it looks like a game changer?
    Why? Easy, because some times these Packs that change The Sims no matter which iteration it is for some times causes problems in the game. I can give you one really good example of just what kind of problem that I'm talking about. By now I'm sure you have heard of the Expansion Pack called City Living. Well since getting City Living, my game has been lagging slightly every time when one of my sims goes from one high emotion to another. Particularly when one of my sims becomes very inspired. This lagging in my game is very noticeable when my sims are painting on their easel or cooking in their kitchen. And usually occurs right after my sims get home from visiting San Myshuno, the world that came in City Living. And City Living is a game changing EP because it has slightly changed emotions of a sim in the game. The EP had made it easier for a sim to find romance. Or become playful or focused because of the festivals that make this possible in the game.
    Another good example of how a game change Pack might cause some problems in the game is the game changing Game Pack called Vampires. It has been reported many time over on here about how that Pack causing some players' vampires, including mine to autonomously break in to a lot late at night. I don't know just how many of us or all whom have fears of Parenthood changing the game to the point that it might cause some problems with game play. But that's my fear of what Parenthood might do to my game, if I get the Pack. And I probably will anyways even thought I have only seen about that I like so far.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    See, I saw the trailer and thought.

I need it now!! I don't do that at all ever!

I have two EP's I brought on sale on impulse. Nothing else, but this I feel I really must have!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Being worried about bugs is perfectly understandable. With every update and every pack there will be bugs. However, if a pack is particularly interesting sometimes the benefits overweigh the costs. However, that is a decision every individual has to make on their own. Maybe wait until the game is out and check the forum what kind of bugs people experience. On the other hand remember it seems like it depends on each player. There are lots of bugs others experienced and I haven't. Dine out comes to mind. I experienced no noticeable bugs.
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I need this KNOW!!!?!!???!?!!! How am I supposed to play at all till it comes out? There is such great depths to dig into!!
  • Options
    Being worried about bugs is perfectly understandable. With every update and every pack there will be bugs. However, if a pack is particularly interesting sometimes the benefits overweigh the costs. However, that is a decision every individual has to make on their own. Maybe wait until the game is out and check the forum what kind of bugs people experience. On the other hand remember it seems like it depends on each player. There are lots of bugs others experienced and I haven't. Dine out comes to mind. I experienced no noticeable bugs.
    Yup, I agree 100%. The OP didn't express their concern about what problems Parenthood might have caused in their if they do end getting the Game Pack. But they were expressing their fear of Parenthood. So I supported them because we both have a fear about Parenthood at this time.
    Each of the Game Packs & EP's that change the game might have different impacts in each of our games. Which can lead to some players not experiencing bugs with a particular Pack.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    It looks amazing!
    That it does. But as another Simmer has done pointed out. This new Parenthood Game Pack looks to be a game changer, and what some of the SimGurus have comment about the Pack also hint that as well. And because of it looking like a game changer, that is causing some of us to express our fears and doubts about GP#5.

Not really sure why people are worrying, if you dont like the look of it dont buy it. :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    So i just saw the new gameplay trailer and i still have to wait and see if this pack will be good enough for me. as i am still not 100% sure what direction this pack is going. i have a better idea of where its going which does look promising but there is still not enough info for me to make a descsion yet. there are things that have my attention though but it also seems like some of things i was hoping was going to be detailed are as basic as i was worried about. there is still quite a bit i am concerned and worried about. but like i said some stuff does seem interesting and it could still go in a great direction but at the moment i am not sure.

What sort of details are missing for you? Other than non-controllable acne.

no i mean like deatils about how things work like for example how detailed will the punishment and chore system be for example. also how will the parenting befients affect young adults,adults,and elders made in create a sim.

That's the sort of thing that might be covered in the livestream on Friday -- it's also possible that there might be some Twitch streamers on Monday with early access codes so checking Sims 4 play on Twitch might be a good idea. But over-worrying isn't healthy -- it puts a lot of stress on your body, and you're a nice guy so I'd like to see you stick around a while. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    So i just saw the new gameplay trailer and i still have to wait and see if this pack will be good enough for me. as i am still not 100% sure what direction this pack is going. i have a better idea of where its going which does look promising but there is still not enough info for me to make a descsion yet. there are things that have my attention though but it also seems like some of things i was hoping was going to be detailed are as basic as i was worried about. there is still quite a bit i am concerned and worried about. but like i said some stuff does seem interesting and it could still go in a great direction but at the moment i am not sure.

I think you should tune into the live stream, or catch a recording once it's out. That should give a better idea of what to expect, also might be worth waiting a week or 2 after release and asking folks that play it how stuff you're worried about works before deciding whether to pick it up.

Personally I'm feeling better about this one as more has come out about how the system works, but this is potentially a big change and might not be for you, so I think you should keep asking questions and looking for info, and try to keep an open mind until you've seen the live stream and gotten opinions and details from other players.

Happy simming!
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    It looks amazing!

Not really sure why people are worrying, if you dont like the look of it dont buy it. :)
    Yeah, I couldn't figure that one out either. It's not like someone is twisting their arm, and saying that they have to buy a certain Pack or any Pack at all for that matter. And yet some people still worry about it. Me, I can worry about it because I'll probably end up getting it anyways.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It looks amazing!

How does this affect GP6? if there is one. Or do you think TS4 is winding down? This is GP5. Or do you mean you are afraid of all these changes and hard to undo them if you regret them?

ETA: SimguruNinja just posted you can cheat character values onto Sims so that helps with some of the fears, no?

yes but would that mean you need to cheat character values onto sims you made into create a sim if they start as young adults or older.
  • Options
    JimG72 wrote: »
    They aren't going to be able to show everything about the pack and how every scenario will play out in a 90 second or 2 minute trailer. If you're on the fence about the pack, there has been a lot of information posted beyond the trailers and you can go to this information compilation thread and all the additional info about the pack is conveniently organized on page 1 of the thread - http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/917843/parenthood-gp-prerelease-info-simguru-statements-etc/p1 Also, the livestream is on Friday at 1 PM PST and you'll be able to see all the CAS items and how the gamplay works, etc. If that's not enough, you can wait until after the pack comes out and read what other players have to say about it once they've had a chance to play it and watch videos from others which show the game play. It's really not a major life decision though...it's a $20 game pack in a video game. If you need more information, then look around for it or wait for more information to come out.

that a fair point to make they obviously can not show everything i get that. but at the same time some questions are raised i looked into thred you are talking about and i do not know if the question was asked or even answered that i had. last i checked it was not answered but that was a few hours ago.(what happens to character traits of young adults and older who are made by create a sim.)
  • Options
    It looks amazing!

Sorry, but you have lost me on this. What part of my post are you confused about? I can try to help you understand better if you'll let me what part my post that you are confused about.

Why? Easy, because some times these Packs that change The Sims no matter which iteration it is for some times causes problems in the game. I can give you one really good example of just what kind of problem that I'm talking about. By now I'm sure you have heard of the Expansion Pack called City Living. Well since getting City Living, my game has been lagging slightly every time when one of my sims goes from one high emotion to another. Particularly when one of my sims becomes very inspired. This lagging in my game is very noticeable when my sims are painting on their easel or cooking in their kitchen. And usually occurs right after my sims get home from visiting San Myshuno, the world that came in City Living. And City Living is a game changing EP because it has slightly changed emotions of a sim in the game. The EP had made it easier for a sim to find romance. Or become playful or focused because of the festivals that make this possible in the game.
    Another good example of how a game change Pack might cause some problems in the game is the game changing Game Pack called Vampires. It has been reported many time over on here about how that Pack causing some players' vampires, including mine to autonomously break in to a lot late at night. I don't know just how many of us or all whom have fears of Parenthood changing the game to the point that it might cause some problems with game play. But that's my fear of what Parenthood might do to my game, if I get the Pack. And I probably will anyways even thought I have only seen about that I like so far.

i have that happen where the vampire breaks in to my house i was told its a feature and hey i should embrace it as its a random event and this game is supposed to be about random events. actually i even mention legit issues i am told well you should focus on all the things they did improve upon.
  • Options
    It looks amazing!

Yeah, I couldn't figure that one out either. It's not like someone is twisting their arm, and saying that they have to buy a certain Pack or any Pack at all for that matter. And yet some people still worry about it. Me, I can worry about it because I'll probably end up getting it anyways.

well i am sure i will buy it cuz stuff in it looks interesting. i really hate idea of if you do not like it do not buy. i will buy it cuz some stuff looks interesting but i also would like certain things to happen. or even to understand how certain things will work(like how detailed the punishment system is,what happens to sims in create a sim with regaurds to character traits, there are a whole bunch of other things i am curious about) i got vampires cuz some of the build mode objects looked neat and it was enough to make me buy the pack but i am not a big fan of vampires. for you maybe its a simple soultion of do not buy it if you do not like it. but for me i like elements of it which is enough for me to buy and play it but not enough for me to fully enjoy it as much as i would want too i can get some enjoyment but i feel like i should be getting more.
  • Options
    I'm just guessing here. But I think that the new traits will just be added to the list, and won't have any affects on the ones that a sim already has. Just the other day I noticed that one my sims had 14 traits. And none of the traits had any affect on the other 13 traits that this sim had.
  • Options
    I'm just guessing here. But I think that the new traits will just be added to the list, and won't have any affects on the ones that a sim already has. Just the other day I noticed that one my sims had 14 traits. And none of the traits had any affect on the other 13 traits that this sim had.

what list are you talking about.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

what list are you talking about.
    The list of traits that is found in the sim's info panel. It will list the three traits that a player gives the sim in CAS. Plus the ones that the sim has earned from completing aspirations, and the reward traits that a play has bought for that sim. That list. That list will under the little profile head icon that is found in that same line of icons in the lower right hand corner of your screen along with the skill, job, aspiration progress, and all that. You click on the little head icon found there, and it will bring up the list of traits that I'm talking about.
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    From what I can gather, if you create an adult in CAS they won't have any of the character traits, unless you decide to cheat them on the sim. At first I thought that was disappointing as new sims wont be as deep as future generations but then at the same time it wouldn't make any sense if it was done any other way, it's not like they would have anything to go on for which traits your sim should get.

In terms of vampire break ins, I heard that if you start a save game and don't interact with the vampire side of things you wont be broken into, so if you don't learn the vampire lore skill then you shouldn't have to deal with break ins as far as I'm aware. I have the pack and so far have never had a vampire break in, my sims never interact with vampires or the skill either, unless it's in a particular save where I'm playing as a vampire.
  • Options
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    From what I can gather, if you create an adult in CAS they won't have any of the character traits, unless you decide to cheat them on the sim. At first I thought that was disappointing as new sims wont be as deep as future generations but then at the same time it wouldn't make any sense if it was done any other way, it's not like they would have anything to go on for which traits your sim should get.

In terms of vampire break ins, I heard that if you start a save game and don't interact with the vampire side of things you wont be broken into, so if you don't learn the vampire lore skill then you shouldn't have to deal with break ins as far as I'm aware. I have the pack and so far have never had a vampire break in, my sims never interact with vampires or the skill either, unless it's in a particular save where I'm playing as a vampire.

i did nothing that has to with vampires though.
  • Options
    It looks amazing!

i have that happen where the vampire breaks in to my house i was told its a feature and hey i should embrace it as its a random event and this game is supposed to be about random events. actually i even mention legit issues i am told well you should focus on all the things they did improve upon.
    I must have missed this one yesterday. With so many people posting things on here at nearly the same time. Missing someone's post on here is not hard to do.
    Anyways on with vampires. The part about the vampires breaking in on some townie's home is a key feature. In Vampires there are 5 lines of vampire power to choose from. And breaking in comes from the Eternally Welcome power which is on the fifth line down, and one the first power that you can pick for your vampire. As for the random part, I know nothing about that because I have not experienced any NPC vampires just randomly breaking in to some other sim's home in my game. So from my point of view the whole part about vampires just randomly breaking in somewhere in the game may be a just normal random thing. And then again, it might not be.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited May 2017
    It looks amazing!

I must have missed this one yesterday. With so many people posting things on here at nearly the same time. Missing someone's post on here is not hard to do.
    Anyways on with vampires. The part about the vampires breaking in on some townie's home is a key feature. In Vampires there are 5 lines of vampire power to choose from. And breaking in comes from the Eternally Welcome power which is on the fifth line down, and one the first power that you can pick for your vampire. As for the random part, I know nothing about that because I have not experienced any NPC vampires just randomly breaking in to some other sim's home in my game. So from my point of view the whole part about vampires just randomly breaking in somewhere in the game may be a just normal random thing. And then again, it might not be.
    So does this involve stalking to because the vampires are always stalking my sims one will show up the first day they move in which is ok but does Vlad have to make it creepier and say in a text how lovely your neck is?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    It looks amazing!

So does this involve stalking to because the vampires are always stalking my sims one will show up the first day they move in which is ok but does Vlad have to make it creepier and say in a text how lovely your neck is?
    Not that I'm aware of pepperjax. The Eternally Welcome power only has to do with a player's vampire breaking in to some unsuspecting sim's house in the game, and that's it. This power is not linked to other sim interaction in the game to my knowledge, including stalking. Which is another thing that I have not seen any NPC vampire do in any of my games with vampires. I do know about the Eternally Welcome and how it works because I have used that power a few times in some of my games. The last time that I had used this power. I had one of my vampires break into the BFF's house, and turn Summer and Travis into vampires. But no vampires stalk another sim in my games. Not even my vampires or the NPC vampires with this power do this in my games.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited May 2017
    It looks amazing!

Not that I'm aware of pepperjax. The Eternally Welcome power only has to do with a player's vampire breaking in to some unsuspecting sim's house in the game, and that's it. This power is not linked to other sim interaction in the game to my knowledge, including stalking. Which is another thing that I have not seen any NPC vampire do in any of my games with vampires. I do know about the Eternally Welcome and how it works because I have used that power a few times in some of my games. The last time that I had used this power. I had one of my vampires break into the BFF's house, and turn Summer and Travis into vampires. But no vampires stalk another sim in my games. Not even my vampires or the NPC vampires with this power do this in my games.
    Oh so I am the only one that experiences the vampire stalking thats lovely . :joy: I haven't seen them break in to any house they just stalk my sims family.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member

I have my worries, too, and expressed them several times. The question is, is that really a problem? The pack isn't running away from us one hour after it's released if we haven't bought it by then. There's no need to decide whether we want the pack before it's even released.
  • Options
    It looks amazing!

Oh so I am the only one that experiences the vampire stalking thats lovely . :joy: I haven't seen them break in to any house they just stalk my sims family.
    I don't know about that. I'm sure that there are other players out there that are experiencing vampire stalking in their game as well.
  • Options
    I just realized something about the new traits that were mentioned in the new parenting trailer, and the subject about the Eternally Welcome power. I'm now wondering what will happen if say a good vampire that was raised to be good and have those good traits breaks in to some unsuspecting sim's house in the game.