Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood GP Prerelease Info: SimGuru Statements etc.

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @JimG72 Cool, thanks! Adding this :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    At 28 seconds in the trailer, they show a dad and girl building a house with something that looks like a version of Lego. That could be the construction blocks.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    At 28 seconds in the trailer, they show a dad and girl building a house with something that looks like a version of Lego. That could be the construction blocks.

Good catch! And at 1:05 too...and there's no cardbox box next to it like you see with the school projects.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member

I wondered about that. Do you think it's a toy or a school project?
    Simanite wrote: »

It is one of the many school projects. These are the ones I've seen:

Construction Blocks (There may be a house version and a barn version)
    Rocket
    Cardboard Castle
    Electron Thingy
    Bridge
    Solar System
    Tin Can Robot
    Volcano
    Flower Box

I have also seen two versions of the Flower Box. This makes me wonder if, as you level up, they become more challenging or just different versions to pick from.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited May 2017
    Simanite wrote: »

It is one of the many school projects. These are the ones I've seen:

Construction Blocks (There may be a house version and a barn version)
    Rocket
    Cardboard Castle
    Electron Thingy
    Bridge
    Solar System
    Tin Can Robot
    Volcano
    Flower Box

I have also seen two versions of the Flower Box. This makes me wonder if, as you level up, they become more challenging or just different versions to pick from.

I don't think the blocks are a school project. They appear to be their own activity. Not only do the blocks not have a cardboard box next to them like the other school projects, but here's the product description from the link I posted: "Sims of all ages can work together to complete a variety of school projects, express their creativity using construction blocks, or volunteer their time for good." So that seems to indicate that the blocks are separate from the school projects which appear to be intended to build something specific.

Also, there's a dev tweet somewhere talking about the school projects which says that the resulting quality of the project can be different, so that's probably why you've seen two version of the Flower Box.

• auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited May 2017
    sims%204%20living%20room%201_zpsterrrqgx.pngblocks_zpswc1te6fy.png
    sims%204%20block%20house_zps2cjdywbe.png
    school%20project_zpsatqmkaox.png
    The blocks are not a school project. If you look closer you will see it's on a "block table", and school projects are on boxes. It makes me think of a lego table that kids have.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
    Maybe the construction blocks are tied to that activity table where the father and girl are working.
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    I'd be much happier if we could put that constrution blocks on the floor. Cause its another object to fit in my small house
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    YES I've wanted Lego in Sims for ages.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    @SimGuruDrake, What happens in a household that only has teens and children,because the parents died of old age, I sure hope that the teenagers will be able to claim caregiver for the only kid in the house.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    The Construction Block Table is an object separate from School Projects
    bag lunch answers! (Good morning, @SimGuruNinja !)
    Okay, here's the scoop on sacked lunches...

-You can pack pretty much any prepared food into a sack lunch
    -You can select a few quick sack lunches from the fridge (if you don't want to spend the time cooking an actual meal)
    -You can premake sack lunches and pack them in the fridge to grab on the way out to school/work/whatever
    -Kids & Teens will eat them at school (if their hunger motive is low enough)
    -Adults can take lunches to work and will eat them (if their hunger motive is low enough)
    from here
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited May 2017
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I f* <3 this:
    "Beyond this, all Character Values lead to new Chance Cards catered to Sims based on their Traits - which means you’ll be making tough choices for your Sims throughout their lives based on their upbringing."
  • TreleifinTreleifin Posts: 39 Member
    I wonder if our sims will be using the hot glue gun. I really love the whale rug and the bathroom sink and is that coffee table four square? And is that fridge a wall one or freestanding? Haha awesome, I look forward to checking it all out.
    34004882864_4b505e5138.jpg
    from here

34004882874_4c711d73f3.jpg
    from here
    edited May 2017
    And the trailer <3<3 increasing parenting skills through tips from grandparents / friends / the internet, sibling rivalries, character values, chance cards, permanent traits based on upbringing, time-outs, chores, curfew (and that thing is interactive!!!), teachable moments.

SOMEONE. GIVE. THIS. PACK. TO. ME. NOW!!!!!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Consequences!!! Plum yeah!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    edited May 2017
    I'm usually like the nicest sim parent ever but I'm itching to go for response 3 on this one :lol:
    lol_zpspojajgvr.png
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I'm usually like the nicest sim parent ever but I'm itching to go for response 3 on this one :lol:
    lol_zpspojajgvr.png

So happy you saw that. Makes me chuckle every time I see that option.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    @SimGuruNinja what kind of punishments we have?
    Lu4ERme.gif
    @SimGuruNinja what kind of punishments we have?

Time-outs, grounding (you choose the activities they're grounded from), curfews, and a LOT of various discipline type socials.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    34004882864_4b505e5138.jpg
    from here

34004882874_4c711d73f3.jpg
    from here

WE GON' BE SWIMMING IN TRAITS YASSS.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top