Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions on Parenthood

Comments

• Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I am wondering if there will be a "Family Portrait" option for the photography studio? It is something I feel has been missing for many players who enjoy family play and wish to get the whole family for a nice picture. If it isn't, hopefully the feature would be added later.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    also if my sim has a baby but my sims parent (the babies grandparent) raises the child in their home instead can they still do all of the parenting stuff even though they are the childs grandparent and not their parent? I hope that made sense!
    That's been answered elsewhere. Yes, parents will automatically be caregivers but you can add additional ones such as grandparents or other adults in the household.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2017
    SImGuruNinja how many food types can we pack in a sack lunch? Eg can we put a peanut butter jelly sandwich and a slice of cake in sack lunches?

I'm pretty sure he said that you can put anything in a lunch sack but idk

I mean how much of anything. One item,Two Items,Three Items? I hope were not restricted to just putting one item in a sack lunch. I'd love if we can put a main chorus,dessert and soda or water in the sack.

A better way of describing my question is can you put more then one item in a sack lunch at the same time? I guess I should have been more specific.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    People, it's just a lunch sack. Do you expect your simkid to pull a seven course dinner out of it? Your simkid doesn't need more than one item, plus you won't even see them eat it anyway. Has the brown bag become the new swearing? Some of you people are trying to put too much emphasis on a simple task that was meant to be a cute game add in.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    People, it's just a lunch sack. Do you expect your simkid to pull a seven course dinner out of it? Your simkid doesn't need more than one item, plus you won't even see them eat it anyway. Has the brown bag become the new swearing? Some of you people are trying to put too much emphasis on a simple task that was meant to be a cute game add in.

They just want a touch of realism, it seems to me. There's nothing wrong with that. She just wants to know if your sim kids can take some orange juice to school along with their grilled cheese? Or maybe even a cookie? I know that when I was in school I never only took one item for lunch.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

They just want a touch of realism, it seems to me. There's nothing wrong with that. She just wants to know if your sim kids can take some orange juice to school along with their grilled cheese? Or maybe even a cookie? I know that when I was in school I never only took one item for lunch.

This. Part of the fun is deciding which selections to pack for lunch.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I wonder if bag lunches are reserved for school only or if you can pack a lunch and send your kid to the park with it.
  • Options

The bag lunch is the realism, but I doubt that it comes with a menu like at a restaurant. It's probably something like "pack an apple" or "pack a sandwich" or pack a juice box". It would be great if you could pack anything in the game, I would load those bags down, but I just don't think it will be that involved.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I wonder if bag lunches are reserved for school only or if you can pack a lunch and send your kid to the park with it.

I'm wondering if adults can take a bag lunch to work.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member

I'm wondering if adults can take a bag lunch to work.

I'd like that
  • Options
    simgamersimgamer Posts: 22 Member
    Will you be able to use different parenting styles on different kids? I'm thinking about creating a Cinderella type story line
  • Options
    I would love to be able to send all my sims off to work or school with a sack lunch, but that may mean that they have to stay awake all night to have time to prepare them. Already, getting everyone up and fed breakfast, showered, change clothes and pee before they set off is time consuming as it is. Throwing sack lunch preparation in there too, might just brake the camels back.
  • Options
    The bag lunch is the realism, but I doubt that it comes with a menu like at a restaurant. It's probably something like "pack an apple" or "pack a sandwich" or pack a juice box". It would be great if you could pack anything in the game, I would load those bags down, but I just don't think it will be that involved.

It appears that we should be able to pack basically any food:

I'm sure it will have to be sitting out or in the sim's inventory or in the frig. Wouldn't be a bag menu and wouldn't need to be. Just something like clicking on a plate of food brings up an option like "pack a serving in sack lunch" or something like that.

• Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »

It appears that we should be able to pack basically any food:

I wonder if we can pack microwave meals.. Every kid loves microwave meals!
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Okay, here's the scoop on sacked lunches...

-You can pack pretty much any prepared food into a sack lunch
    -You can select a few quick sack lunches from the fridge (if you don't want to spend the time cooking an actual meal)
    -You can premake sack lunches and pack them in the fridge to grab on the way out to school/work/whatever
    -Kids & Teens will eat them at school (if their hunger motive is low enough)
    -Adults can take lunches to work and will eat them (if their hunger motive is low enough)

This is awesome, but if you don't prepare a sack lunch will the sim be hungry at work or school? If they get their hunger filled either way there is little incentive to do this!
  • Options
    Thanks for clearing up our questions.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Loving the look of this! But of course, I have more questions:

1. Will our Sim families with children automatically get the family bulletin board? Will there be one for each child?
    2. Will you be able to "cheat" character traits onto Sims that are already in the game?
    3. Right now, all Sims go to work automatically. In future, will only "responsible" Sims do that?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

-You can select a few quick sack lunches from the fridge (if you don't want to spend the time cooking an actual meal)
    -You can premake sack lunches and pack them in the fridge to grab on the way out to school/work/whatever
    -Adults can take lunches to work and will eat them (if their hunger motive is low enough)

omg, work! Thank you for adding work in there. This solves so many times my silly Sim was starving at work, you do mean off-world work don't you? When I tell them to take it easy they never actually eat and I have to make them come home early.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

omg, work! Thank you for adding work in there. This solves so many times my silly Sim was starving at work, you do mean off-world work don't you? When I tell them to take it easy they never actually eat and I have to make them come home early.

I don't want to take this off-topic, but my Sims eventually eat if they get hungry at work, and I never bring them home. Even if they go into the red zone, they still have 24 hours before they die of starvation.
  • Options
    I just thought of another question -- Will you be able to include character traits in criteria for clubs? Like only Sims with good manners can join the Tea Ceremony club, or irresponsible Sims only are welcome in the Slacker club.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

I don't want to take this off-topic, but my Sims eventually eat if they get hungry at work, and I never bring them home. Even if they go into the red zone, they still have 24 hours before they die of starvation.

That red or orange face overlay in the avatar always makes me have mercy and bring them home and as soon as I do they are 'fine'. lol I could slap them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I just thought of another question -- Will you be able to include character traits in criteria for clubs? Like only Sims with good manners can join the Tea Ceremony club, or irresponsible Sims only are welcome in the Slacker club.

Great question we should @ @SimGuruNinja on that
  • Options
    This is awesome, but if you don't prepare a sack lunch will the sim be hungry at work or school? If they get their hunger filled either way there is little incentive to do this!

My sim kids leave for school on a full stomach and come home hungry. That already happens.

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited May 2017
    JimG72 wrote: »

My sim kids leave for school on a full stomach and come home hungry. That already happens.

Me too. The reason why this option is useful.
    Lu4ERme.gif