Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Marriage

So my male Sim finally got married to his Partner. It wasn't the move eventful Day having to get married outside your front door, no guests and a repeating ring action for a min was thrilling. After the event I expected his husband to move in, nope, he was left to wander with the rest of the NPC's nor was there any option for children. The Sims in the mobile app only have very short lives and expect my Sim to die alone Childless with his housemate for company!

Comments

• TheSimsFlixTheSimsFlix Posts: 23 Member
    well that got sad fast! I hope they're reunited!!!
  • AbneyTAbneyT Posts: 37 Member
    Sounds about right xD
  • ArianaMRArianaMR Posts: 38 Member
    Oh, no. I hope it improves.
  • rawrrbotrawrrbot Posts: 2 New Member
    They become playable if you:

1. Don't add a second sim when the option is first available. Build your relationship with an NPC and marry them, then make them the second playable sim by selecting the family portrait and selecting "make playable."
    2. When you open up the 3rd character slot, click on the family portrait, click your spouse and select "make playable." Note: they can't sleep in the same bed, even if it's a double.
    3. Select the family portrait, retire one of your playable sims (available once they're an elder or you've maxed out their wish bar, I believe) then promote the NPC spouse to playable.

I would recommend the first one as it's easier to reach relationship milestones if you can control both Sims.
  • AbneyTAbneyT Posts: 37 Member
    > @rawrrbot said:
    > They become playable if you:
    >

> 3. Select the family portrait, retire one of your playable sims (available once they're an elder or you've maxed out their wish bar, I believe) then promote the NPC spouse to playable.
    >

Yeah mine says you can do early retirement after the first sim retires.
  • Ellie_Dear_1Ellie_Dear_1 Posts: 33 Member
    Also there's an option for having children once you reach a high enough level, but just like in the original games gay couples can only adopt :/
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Also there's an option for having children once you reach a high enough level, but just like in the original games gay couples can only adopt :/

Actually, that's not the case since last May! You can click the 3 dots in CAS to set one of the couple as able to be pregnant.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Ellie_Dear_1Ellie_Dear_1 Posts: 33 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Ellie_Dear_1 wrote: »
    >
    > Also there's an option for having children once you reach a high enough level, but just like in the original games gay couples can only adopt :/
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Actually, that's not the case since last May! You can click the 3 dots in CAS to set one of the couple as able to be pregnant.

Oh, you are right, I forgot about that! I guess I only ever used that option when playing with trans characters, and I was thinking I'd like a pregnancy via surrogate option too!
  • JustGummiJustGummi Posts: 2 New Member
    Is there an option to break up couples?
  • CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    [quote="rawrrbot;c-15770038"]They become playable if you:

1. Don't add a second sim when the option is first available. Build your relationship with an NPC and marry them, then make them the second playable sim by selecting the family portrait and selecting "make playable."
    2. When you open up the 3rd character slot, click on the family portrait, click your spouse and select "make playable." Note: they can't sleep in the same bed, even if it's a double.
    3. Select the family portrait, retire one of your playable sims (available once they're an elder or you've maxed out their wish bar, I believe) then promote the NPC spouse to playable.

I would recommend the first one as it's easier to reach relationship milestones if you can control both Sims.[/quote]

I sleep with my BFF in bed as my second playable character. Planning to possibly marry them. So how long is the life cycle? Is it confirmed yet?