Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If I see one more pre-teen discussion...

Comments

• SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I bet EA is really regretting that survey that mentioned preteens to start with.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2017
    Pre-teens might turn up in Sims 5, but right now the most likely fix is an improvement on Teen appearances. People thought Teens would look different because of the way the kids in the trailers were designed - they were all thinner, with no direct comparisons, the swearing teen wore a hat, the angles they were seen from, and the pimples (that are actually CAS content, so you won't automatically get 'em). Making Teens a little smaller would require new designs for them which would then have to be patched in, but at least it's not such a strain on the engine.

It's just like asking for height sliders - it's not something this game could handle but it's one of the things that could make Sims 5 better. After all, remember the advancement of technology - your computer needs to be able to handle it too! All these threads fail to take that into account.

Not that I expect Sims 5 any time soon while they're still making packs for Sims 4.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited May 2017
    Movotti wrote: »
    Pre-teens are the new toddlers.

This.

They got their toddlers, but that isn't enough to make them happy. They'll always be wanting something more.

omg has it come this again!? Luckily I haven't noticed the pre teen threads. Where are they? In the ideas section or in the general discussion? I know about the darn teens' height threads and they're majorly annoying.
    I agree that there should only be one thread. Cause if they have the right to express themselves and post whatever they want then howcome I don't have the right to go on a subforum and post there. And when all I see is the same thread, even without opening them, then how come is my forum experience less important than their complaining?
    When the toddler thing was happening I had to quit general discussion for months cause I was just so done with the constant complaining. I just opened a thread in the forum ideas section about better blocking. Like I would have loved to block all people who posted about toddlers just so I could enjoy the forum aswell.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    The Pre-Teen threads are starting to slide down. We only need one, really. If that. And it should be one that concentrates on new ideas. What did I do when I was in my Tweens? Well, maybe I was too busy with my parents divorcing at the time to notice anything special happening.

When you're 10 to 15 you go through a huge growth spurt, and your body changes a lot. That's why the change between Child and Teen is so glaring right not - not because we need new gameplay.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Pre-teens might turn up in Sims 5,
    I suspect something like that too.

Making Teens a little smaller would require new designs for them which would then have to be patched in, but at least it's not such a strain on the engine.
    Bu tit might mean animations would have to be redone.
    It's just like asking for height sliders - it's not something this game could handle but it's one of the things that could make Sims 5 better.
    That's a thought I've had too.
    Not for TS4, but it might be possible for TS5
    After all, remember the advancement of technology - your computer needs to be able to handle it too! All these threads fail to take that into account.
    That is something a lot of people seem to forget about... until their game is laggy.
    Not that I expect Sims 5 any time soon while they're still making packs for Sims 4.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen until 2020. Either released then, or announced then.

Simpkin wrote: »

This.

They got their toddlers, but that isn't enough to make them happy. They'll always be wanting something more.

omg has it come this again!? Luckily I haven't noticed the pre teen threads. Where are they? In the ideas section or in the general discussion?
    Ideas.
    You might want to stay out of there, and the height ones seem to be in feedback.

When it was toddlers, it sounded like a bunch of 13 year olds wanting to play house, now with preteens, it's like a bunch of 13 year olds wanting to play themselves.

Maybe I should go spam the place up with threads about stuff I want in the game. Drums, bands... uhhh... uni? Something, something, more black clothing. Proper bar fights, using pool cues and barstools? idk. Drums are all I really desperately want in the game right now. I got my vamps, they're pretty good, I'm happy.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Showtime didn't go down well last time. Maybe this time they'll get the fame careers right? That's another thing that we should be telling EA how to do their job right.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    LOL the logic in this...
    tumblr_na84m4sZ2C1rxm95zo1_500.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited May 2017

Simpkin wrote: »
    omg has it come this again!? Luckily I haven't noticed the pre teen threads. Where are they? In the ideas section or in the general discussion?
    Ideas.
    You might want to stay out of there, and the height ones seem to be in feedback.

When it was toddlers, it sounded like a bunch of 13 year olds wanting to play house, now with preteens, it's like a bunch of 13 year olds wanting to play themselves.

Maybe I should go spam the place up with threads about stuff I want in the game. Drums, bands... uhhh... uni? Something, something, more black clothing. Proper bar fights, using pool cues and barstools? idk. Drums are all I really desperately want in the game right now. I got my vamps, they're pretty good, I'm happy.
    Okay, thanks for the heads up. Luckily I don't go there that often anyway. Yeah someone should spam those sections with other annoying and repetitve threads so theirs get pushed to the second page :D then they'll see how annoying it is when the stuff you wanna see is clouded by crap.

Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    edited May 2017
    This post seems counterproductive and will most likely turn into the sort of pre-teen discusscion you're tired of seeing.

Honestly, truthfully.

I don't care for pre teens whatsoever & when I see a discussion about it I typically just scroll right past it, unbothered.

It could all be so simple.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2017
    i really don't see the point in preteens, haven't seen anyone make a compelling argument for them, either, in any of the threads
    that said if people want it they should be vocal about it - but at the same time these threads should probs be in the ideas corner and not GD.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I get tired of seeing multiple threads on the same topic but it's not so much the desire for a certain thing in the game as the tone that it's presented in and if it's the same poster over and over it makes it even more unpalatable. I'm not necessarily talking about this topic or the argument here in this topic but in general. It makes me wish for a way to hide threads from view so I don't have to wade through them to get to something I'd be interested in reading or posting in.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SeliosSelios Posts: 81 Member
    edited May 2017
    the thread problem is pretty bad, but even worse is when people take an innocent topic and SOMEHOW align it to teens, preteens, open world, or color wheels. It's actually miraculous.

It's very annoying and it honestly needs to stop.
  • JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    edited May 2017
    Well @Simanite, if your Teens were made to look shorter and more youthful, would you forget all about asking for pre-teens? Because if so, all you want is new graphics - and updating the looks of teens might actually happen. Or it might not.

If we had a whole new life-stage though, I would want it to be different, just like how being a toddler is different to being a child, and being a teen will hopefully soon be more different from being a Young Adult. Nobody seems to be coming up with too many ways in how Pre-teens would be functionally different from BOTH Children and Teenagers.

I don't get it either, what will preteens do that would make them distinct from the child phase and the teenager phase? I can't think of anything. Apparently freeplay has preteens, but I don't know how they're treated as I don't play freeplay.

Sure, more could be done to make teens look more distinctive from young adults but aside from the cosmetics, what will preteens add ?

Personally I'd prefer they flesh out the elder phase a little more.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

This.

except that toddlers have been a part of the sims and was expected with the base game, left out shortly before release. Preteens have not been a part of the sims.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I honestly don't care about preteens. I never noticed them missing and I have a hard time seeing how they would be different than children or teens. I don't particularly care about the height of teens either though if a general height slider existed, I'd like that. I'd rather manage the heights of all my sims, so that's something I'd like in an eventual - eventual being the key word - TS5 if it's not possible in 4. Being able to at least choose short, medium or tall height would be good and realistic.

I actually like Sim teens as 16-18 yr olds. If there were a preteen age, I'd pretty much be wanting to skip through it to get to the more interesting stuff. That's probably how I felt as a preteen. That can basically be achieved with a late-stage child and it sounds like Parenthood will add more complexity to childhood development. It sounds like making school projects in Parenthood is an example of the kinds of activities that a preteen/late child would do. Perhaps they can eventually develop a School GP depending on what is in or not in this pack.

The life stages are getting a bit out of balance so if they add preteens then they should also add some sort of "active adult"/middle age before Elder so that adults can have lives other than just raising children if they want and so that they have a better ability to live to become grandparents as elders/late stage "active adults". I might use the pause button on aging less for my YAs/Adults if that were to happen.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    @Sc3niX but think about it gameplay wise, what is the gameplay difference between a pre-teen and a child? I literally can't think of ANYTHING in terms of gameplay that sets pre-teens and children apart. Like I said the children in TS4 looks like they're 10 or 11, which to me, once you hit the double digits you're a older kid or the tweens. And if they do give us pre-teens for some odd reason, I have a feeling everyone will be worked up by how pre-teens are the same exact height as children. And believe me, the height difference between an 8yo and 12yo is super subjective and god help the gurus when it comes to height
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    There's about 6 threads in the top page alone with the word 'Pre-Teen' in it and something like 10 more complaining about teens in general. And that's not paying attention to all the packs specifically about the parenthood pack.

Okay, people are excited. But could you at least read the topics of other discussions before you make new ones?

Why should they though? Its a forum and there really isn't any rule against it. People voice their opinions here, and that won't change. You could just skip past these threads like I do.
    Personally, @Sc3nix, I think that EA did us a great disservice by leaving out Toddlers originally - but also that we should be very grateful that they bothered to fix it.

Grateful how? Their original "vision" was tainted by someone who actually knew nothing whatsoever about the Sims fan base, and continued to lie to the media about our wants just to make this pitiful game seem like it was great. So no I'm not grateful that they added something that should have been in the base game. What I am grateful for however is, that this person is no longer a factor. Since this person hasn't been a factor I will truthfully say this game has been 90% better in the last 10 months than it has in its entire lifetime (sims 4 lifetime that is.) Just to add before people take this the wrong way, I really do like the game now :)
    Ooooh, how dreadful that a business should try to make a profit! We are all, without exception, suckers and chumps to them, as I realised when I bought Bowling. EA won "Worst Company In America" multiple times in a row, did you know?

I may have heard that once or twice :P
    EA has been treating its customers very shabbily but it is still a company with sales targets to meet, and more importantly changes in the game need to be programmed into the game engine. Now Toddlers could go in because babies were so very basic. Babies aren't affected by traits. But Toddlers now affect Children, and Children affect Teens - except all the affects Children have on teens would have to affect these Tweens instead, and things that happened with Tweens would need to affect Teens. That's all some heavy-scale programming.

And yet all these "I want Tweens" threads completely ignore this part.

Yeah cause its not the fan bases job to workout the logistics, its EA's.

They said toddlers weren't possible, all the features that basically weren't with the game from the start were claimed to be impossible. When we get pets its also some heavy-scale programming, but should we write it off because its "shame its too hard for the developers." No. Its their problem to work out the logistics not ours.

If they add pre teens ill be happy, if they don't oh well. Not gonna bang my head about it. I would much rather have them work on babies next to be honest.
    #freethebabies

• Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    @Sc3niX but think about it gameplay wise, what is the gameplay difference between a pre-teen and a child? I literally can't think of ANYTHING in terms of gameplay that sets pre-teens and children apart. Like I said the children in TS4 looks like they're 10 or 11, which to me, once you hit the double digits you're a older kid or the tweens. And if they do give us pre-teens for some odd reason, I have a feeling everyone will be worked up by how pre-teens are the same exact height as children. And believe me, the height difference between an 8yo and 12yo is super subjective and god help the gurus when it comes to height

Preteens aren't really my priority. It would be nice to have another lifestage, but I'd rather have them work on the current ones. I just want them to shrink teens slightly, and give them younger facial features. Right now I literally can't tell the difference between a teen and an adult. Yes some teens are taller than their parents, but you can still see they're a teenager by the way they behave and their face. The teens of TS4 are exactly like adults, the only difference is they go to school.

My gripe with children are they're too independent for their age as well. They need to be more dependent on their parents, like when it comes to homework for example.

Then babies, my word. My biggest problem is with them. Babies are vegetables basically. We should be able to teach them to sit up, to crawl, to hold a bottle etc.

Anyway my point is, you literally gain nothing from being a good parent to babies, children and teens. Whereas with toddlers, you get a extra trait. The other lifestages just seem lackluster compared to toddlers.
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited May 2017
    I don't care for the pre-teenage lifestage at all, since the teenage lifestage needs serious touching up before we bring in another one. I don't see the point in fighting for a lifestage, when the teenage area needs to be developed more. I'm sure people just absolutely love to demand and argue for all these things which EA might not be willing to give to us at the end of the day.
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    Well - I mean - nobody is forcing you to look at them or anything. I may not agree with a lot of the stuff people post about around here, but they're well within their rights to post it.
    Well - I mean - nobody is forcing you to look at them or anything. I may not agree with a lot of the stuff people post about around here, but they're well within their rights to post it.

Yeah, but if half of them took a second to look they'd see that there's already six or more topics that they could post their opinions in without starting another one.

"Oh look a topic with the word 'pre-teen' in the title! What a coincidence! Nah, it can't possibly be identical to the discussion I want to have about pre-teens, I'll just start my own."

No rule against it? Shhh... My Common Sense is tingling.

"Original vision tainted." Man, @Sc3nix, seeing you posting is like watching a toddler throwing a tantrum as they demand more toys. Refusing to be grateful, just because you didn't get it straight away? The Devs don't have a magical fix-it stick that they can point at the game and POOF! New content! It takes time.

Yeah, Toddlers should have been in the base game. Leaving them out is what I call a 'bad idea'. But I do wonder, would Toddlers be this interactive if they had come out with base game? Instead, the Toddler patch was able to be focused on tightly. Was this a blessing in disguise? We'll never know.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    This went on and on with toddlers and guess what we got them
    So let them post on and on we may just get them in the end and would that be so bad? We had post after post about toddlers and the same arguments posted here. Like you dont have to read them you are denying others their game play. They made a difference.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    This went on and on with toddlers and guess what we got them
    So let them post on and on we may just get them in the end and would that be so bad? We had post after post about toddlers and the same arguments posted here. Like you dont have to read them you are denying others their game play. They made a difference.

but there's a difference between Toddlers and pre-teens. Toddlers have been in previous Sims games Pre-teens never had
    6adMCGP.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

yes they do have the right to ask for things but wouldn't it be better to wait for one thread to go down before starting another
    also some of these post are by the same people there making there own thread fall down the forum
    nobody's going to see there ideas if they keep doing that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I would love to see the elders get a little love. Preteens, nah, not interested.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top