Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why don't we have this interaction...

How comes in the sims mobile we have the "leave hickey" interaction but in the sims 4 we don't?? Im pretty sure people have been asking for thing like this forever lol, bit annoyed that a mobile game has this but the main game doesn't hm :|
Screenshot_20170510-174525.png

giphy_1.gif

Comments

• PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited May 2017
    Well that's one heck of a "friendly" acquaintance.... But anywho, I was wondering if this would be in family gameplay pack for teens and such, mainly bc I misread a comment (vampire bites made me think hickey) but it would be cool if they'd just randomly show on teens like pimples and parents can go into super nanny mode and lecture them on it.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    How comes in the sims mobile we have the "leave hickey" interaction but in the sims 4 we don't?? Im pretty sure people have been asking for thing like this forever lol, bit annoyed that a mobile game has this but the main game doesn't hm :|

Because Maxis Mobile read all our feedback and ideas and put them in The Sims Mobile. They appreciate you/us supplying them all great ideas for their game. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Share body warmth? I am guessing this is a translation miss for give a hug??
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Well that's one heck of a "friendly" acquaintance.... But anywho, I was wondering if this would be in family gameplay pack for teens and such, mainly bc I misread a comment (vampire bites made me think hickey) but it would be cool if they'd just randomly show on teens like pimples and parents can go into super nanny mode and lecture them on it.

Omg yeah that would be a cool touch if they added that!!
    giphy_1.gif
    Cinebar wrote: »

Because Maxis Mobile read all our feedback and ideas and put them in The Sims Mobile. They appreciate you/us supplying them all great ideas for their game. :D

Grrrr maybe they should have put all our ideas into the sims 4 instead ;)
    giphy_1.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Wait.....they speak English?? How strange. :o
    #Team Occult
    LiELF wrote: »
    Wait.....they speak English?? How strange. :o

The chat bubbles are but when they actually make the talking noises it is simlish!
    giphy_1.gif
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited May 2017
    I didn't notice this was a thing for the game! I'm sure it would be an interesting addition though.
  • MaanedatterMaanedatter Posts: 32 Member
    Yes it would be really nice to have.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited May 2017
    Sorry but I'm glad we don't have hickeys in ts4. I would punch someone in the throat if they ever put a trashy mark like that on me.

Hickeys are gross looking.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    TS4 has its own development goals and they've stated in clear terms multiple times that some stuff doesn't get put in simply because they haven't found a pack or theme where it would make sense to fit it in.

So the "why we don't" is most likely as simple as "they haven't found the right place where it would make sense to create such an interaction." I mean, the only pack we've had with romance as a theme was romantic garden and that ended up being more about wishing wells and romantic scenery than romance interactions themselves.

I think it'd be cool to see a pack that focuses on relationships, in general; not just romantic, but the other categories as well (friendly, enemy). And maybe add a new category or two in the process. That'd probably be a good place to fit in some new romance interactions.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Without playing the mobile game I can't be sure, but the associated animation is probably something TS4 already has. I see enough animation sharing socials in the main game that for me it really doesn't make a difference what socials the mobile game has.
  • AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    > @ladybreid said:
    > Sorry but I'm glad we don't have hickeys in ts4. I would punch someone in the throat if they ever put a trashy mark like that on me.
    >
    > Hickeys are gross looking.

I don't think it would actually show up and people with cc probably would be able to see it anyway depending, but the animation would look cute/nice.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Long as they don't show up it wouldn't be that bad
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    I know this has nothing to do with the chat, but one Simmer/Twitch Streamer KryticZeuz (check him out on Twitter) suggested self woohoo for teens, if you know what I mean
    FFCOojX.gif
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I'd rather have, "Nibble Neck" or "Kiss Neck". I personally don't like hickeys. But to each his own, I guess. :D
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Ellie_Dear_1Ellie_Dear_1 Posts: 33 Member
    Guys, don't freak out, Thar interaction for now leaves a hickey only by name, the animation has them just hugging, holding hands or something of the sort. No matter all the different interactions they have, they only have three or four animations available so far, most of them picked at random and copied from the Sims 4. Hopefully this will change in the future, but for now the mobile game is very bare and extremely buggy, definitely nothing to be jealous of
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    It's not a real interaction though, is it? It's probably just a different name for the kiss animation we have so many other names for.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    We also don't have the Fashion Career in TS4. We need it in TS4! <3
    a256aFi.gif
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Cinebar wrote: »

This is literally a Sims 4 interaction, renamed to sound more interesting. Nothing more.

It's like Freeplay renaming things that were in TS2/TS3, but they are the same. Preteens being children, is the biggest example.
    We also don't have the Fashion Career in TS4. We need it in TS4! <3

If they do, it better be 90% than what was given on The Sims Mobile. It's awful and useless.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

This is literally a Sims 4 interaction, renamed to sound more interesting. Nothing more.

It's like Freeplay renaming things that were in TS2/TS3, but they are the same. Preteens being children, is the biggest example.

Last time I checked my YA and adults couldn't leave a hickey. So, are those teens? People been requesting this interaction since day one for TS4 concerning romantic interactions. I have read those threads. Also, speaking in English has been something requested by players for years and years. (Or their own language/instead of Simlish speech bubbles) so seems they read requests and put them in mobile.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    Sorry but I'm glad we don't have hickeys in ts4. I would punch someone in the throat if they ever put a trashy mark like that on me.

Hickeys are gross looking.

And pimples aren't gross looking? Yet we have that in the Sims games. I don't see hickeys as any more "gross looking."
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Last time I checked my YA and adults couldn't leave a hickey. So, are those teens? People been requesting this interaction since day one for TS4 concerning romantic interactions. I have read those threads. Also, speaking in English has been something requested by players for years and years. (Or their own language/instead of Simlish speech bubbles) so seems they read requests and put them in mobile.

They don't in The Sims Mobile either. As I just said, they basically took a Sims 4 interaction, and labelled it to mean something else, but it doesn't do anything more than what we have in The Sims 4.

Think of it like, they take 'Hug' and then call it 'Embrace' when you're being romantic, but it's the same interaction.
  • adamlevineadamlevine Posts: 14 New Member
    try to share something in both