Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Parenthood - What about babies?

Please don't tell me they're abandoned and an "object" again *cries* babies deserve cuteness, too!
#FreeTheBabies
#BabiesAreCuteToo
Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

Comments

• ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    I would not be surprised if babies remained landlocked through the duration of this game. For me, this works because I've never liked how the newborns just laid around the house like a lump in previous games. I like being able to interact with them on an object base without having to search around like a crazy person trying to find out where the baby even is. I can understand your concern though. I know a lot of people don't want them tethered to the bassinet.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    edited May 2017
    You've got a point, but it's just really sad that they are completely abandoning the babies.

I think that babies deserve to have clothes too. Like you know change their clothes using the change clothes and a menu appears with a bunch of cute baby clothes instead of using CAS for them.

I'd also like a custom bars (hungry bar, social bar, and hygiene bar) for them too. Just you know, click their picture on the sim panel, and those bars appear at the top of their picture

That's just my idea to improve them.

edited May 2017
    Now that's something I definitely agree with. I'd like to be able to change their clothing. I'd like to be able to see their bars too. It's nice for realism because sometimes you just don't know what real babies want, but having a bar would make the life stage more fun for me to play.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited May 2017
    I don´t like it either that babys are so utterly neglected. They don´t really seem part of the family now.

EA made it so that they will cry much more often with one of the latest patches but as they are now, that makes it even worse.

I think what they need at least is a visual overhaul, like changeable clothes and some inherited features from their parents (eye/skin and hair color).

Plus some more interactions for the toddlers and children (wouldn´t mind to have of them for teens and up as well) with their little siblings. I´d love to see "peak in crib", "show toy", "make faces", "sing lullaby" and "peg". Toddlers could climb up a little stool or something else to reach the crib.

EA wouldn´t have to neccessarily free the babys for these changes.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • bethanrwatson94bethanrwatson94 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @83bienchen said:
    > I don´t like it either that babys are so utterly neglected. They don´treally seem part of the family now.
    >
    > EA made it so that they will cry much more often with one of the latest patch but as they are now, that makes it even worse.
    >
    > I think what they need at least is a visual overhaul, like changeable clothes and some inherited features from their parents (eye/skin and hair color).
    >
    > Plus some more interactions for the toddlers and children (wouldn´t mind to have of them for teens and up as well) with their little siblings. I´d love to see "peak in crib", "show toy", "make faces", "sing lullaby" and "peg". Toddlers could climb up a little stool ore something else to reach the crib.
    >
    > EA wouldn´t have to neccessarily free the babys for these changes.

Your ideas are fantastic!
    I would also like to see some clothes for babies. I understand their reasons for keeping them tied to the bassinet, but in reality, it's not what happens is it? What about playmats, bouncers etc. I would love to see them, along with more interactions with siblings.
    I'm quite disheartened that none of these have happened, as babies are still a huge part of the family and shouldn't get forgotten about.
    I'm still holding on to the hope they bring back bunk beds. The perfect time would have been City Living EP, and this is really there next chance.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited May 2017
    My thoughts too OP!
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I still wish they would make it to where the baby object was transferable to a floor-play mat or stroller or something to where it always isn't stuck in the same bassinet.

Cosmetic changes to the baby would be great to, skintone, hair, onesies, a new crib/bassinet.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    The babies don't bother me much, but I would like a couple of things:
    1. That sims wouldn't put babies down between interactions. This option has been mentioned before and I kind of understood it might be coming, but it's been a while now.
    2. Upgrade on the looks of the baby... they get wrong skin colours all the time, wrong eye colours. Customisation would be cool, but at least get the genetics right.
    3. Perhaps there could be other objects where the baby can be placed, ie. mat on the floor, stroller, babysling?
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    If they seperated babies from their bassinets, what would they even do? Cry? They can do that. Poop? That too. Be breastfed? Already possible.
    wJbomAo.png
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    I'm not too impressed with Sims 4 babies but one was included with a family I recently downloaded.

All the crying kept the mother and son occupied with it and the toddler resented the attention it was getting.

But, the Welcome Wagon turned up and one of them, a father of twin girls, went straight over to play with the baby. He never put it down.

It might not be feasible to always have visitors on the lot but the right sort do seem to know how to handle the baby which basically involves giving it the undivided attention that members of the household might not have the time to do.

Since the baby is more of an object or a plaything it doesn't feel like harassment when a visitor shows an interest. It's a relief :)
    Don't feed the trolls
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2017
    Well, babies don't do much apart from eat, sleep and cry in real life too. A little more interaction would be nice but would be pointless unless it affected skills and personality when aging to toddler.

From the way babies don't show at all in the Parenthood trailer, I expect that we've got pretty much everything out of them unless we start demanding more en masse.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I don't think a Game Pack's budget covers a whole Life Stage overhaul, and more to the point, any changes to babies would have to affect all saves, which means a patch.

I still think babies are on the developers mids, but I also think they should tackle it one at a time. No point replacing rushed work, with slightly less rushed work.

Give me everything or leave it as is. If they can't do anything more with Babies without them feeling limited still, invest that man power into something else that will work.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    It would be nice if there was more ways to.... Place The baby. Like, rather than just the bassinet, it would be nice if they gave a few more objects like an activity mat or something. I wouldn't rally want playable babies, but more ways of interacting would be nice to have. Maybe they'll throw in a patch to do that one day
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    How about teaching the baby how to sit, teaching the baby how to crawl, teaching the baby how to hold a bottle. Babies are so much more than just lying down in a crib the whole day...
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    #freethebabies!!!!! WE need to tread that on Twitter. lol But seriously, I would love to have the babies free once more. In Sims 2 and Sims 3 babies are much more party of the family, and even if you don't play with cc there are still ways to have them around and "interacting" with everyone, than just off in a room alone, tied to an objects. Freeing the babies they can give us swings and bouncy seats once more. Possibly a snuggie harness where they can be worn on mom or dad's chest while they do their daily thing.

Just the simple act of feeding the baby sitting while and watching t.v. would be a cool added touch. Again, washing them in the sink, teaching them how to sit up. Feeding them in the high chair, etc. So many things can be done with the babies instead of keeping them chained to that darn crib.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I don´t like it either that babys are so utterly neglected. They don´treally seem part of the family now.

EA made it so that they will cry much more often with one of the latest patch but as they are now, that makes it even worse.

I think what they need at least is a visual overhaul, like changeable clothes and some inherited features from their parents (eye/skin and hair color).

Plus some more interactions for the toddlers and children (wouldn´t mind to have of them for teens and up as well) with their little siblings. I´d love to see "peak in crib", "show toy", "make faces", "sing lullaby" and "peg". Toddlers could climb up a little stool ore something else to reach the crib.

EA wouldn´t have to neccessarily free the babys for these changes.

^^^

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    It would be great if children with a certain social level or logic skills could feed the baby. baby maybe still in the crib, but a child could go over and stand and feed it, start building their relationship. peek a boo would be great to. and I like the idea of a little step for toddlers to climb and reach in and tickle baby. kids and parents should be able to tickle babies to. But I think kids can.
    should definitely get the genetics right, and the baby should stay the same colour when he / she grows into a toddler.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    ponderosa wrote: »
    I would not be surprised if babies remained landlocked through the duration of this game. For me, this works because I've never liked how the newborns just laid around the house like a lump in previous games. I like being able to interact with them on an object base without having to search around like a crazy person trying to find out where the baby even is. I can understand your concern though. I know a lot of people don't want them tethered to the bassinet.

You realise there is something called double clicking on the baby to find him......right?
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    edited May 2017
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

You realise there is something called double clicking on the baby to find him......right?

Yes, I do. I'm aware of that. More often than not, it did not work for me in TS3. Thank you for your suggestion.
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

Yes, I do. I'm aware of that. More often than not, it did not work for me in TS3. Thank you for your suggestion.

Also right-clicking on the baby's portrait.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I was hoping for an update for babies. Anything at all, really. Even if they're still tied to their bassinets (wish it wasn't so, but I'll take what I can get at this point!) can we at least get some new bassinets? OMG, the only new bassinets we've gotten for these babies in over two years is the vampire one, which is hardly usable in most nurseries. Not cool.

It probably wouldn't be too hard for them to separate the clothes from the skin so we can change clothing and accessories. Maybe throw on some hair or a pacifier or some little socks. Or could we just have a new interaction with it?

Have we even had even a single additional item or interaction for babies since launch? Besides aging up to toddlers, I mean. Anything new at all in over two years? I don't think we have and that's kind of ridiculous.

Although, making us wait two years for toddlers was ridiculous, too.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Agreed babies need some love too. I really miss being able to rock the baby in a rocking chair and bathing in the sink. How cute would it be if parents could help a kid hold their baby sibling on the couch?
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited May 2017
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I still think babies are on the developers mids, but I also think they should tackle it one at a time. No point replacing rushed work, with slightly less rushed work.

I wish they were but I´m pretty sure I read one of the SimGurus mention that changing babys was NOT on their to-do-list. That was some months before the toddler release, though, so it might have changed since (I hope it has).

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    You've got a point, but it's just really sad that they are completely abandoning the babies.

I think that babies deserve to have clothes too. Like you know change their clothes using the change clothes and a menu appears with a bunch of cute baby clothes instead of using CAS for them.

I'd also like a custom bars (hungry bar, social bar, and hygiene bar) for them too. Just you know, click their picture on the sim panel, and those bars appear at the top of their picture

That's just my idea to improve them.

Yeah, it would be nice to know they're hungry, before I get a warning that they could be taken away, if I don't feed them soon enough.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    This is one of the first things I thought of when I saw the new trailer - lack of baby changes.

I am not expecting them to #FreeTheBabies (though that would be amazing), but a few small changes would make a big difference. Like some of you have said - hair, eyes, skintone, clothing choices, more cribs or different things they could lie in. It wouldn't have to be anything too complicated.

And extra interactions would be fab too - @83bienchen I love your idea for an older sibling to be able to peek in the crib etc.