Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

beach tanning towels?

I saw a sim the other day who sunbathed with a beach towel. Were do i find the item in the buy mode? :?:

Comments

• AlexBoyJrAlexBoyJr Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't think the item is in buy mode. When sims do the ''relax'' option at a beach, a towel (and maybe a parasol) will spawn in the spot you selected and lay on it. I've seen sims catch a tan either sleeping or reading a book, enjoy.
  • xokissez45oxxokissez45ox Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    If you go to a beach (so far I've only had success at community lots designated as beaches) and click the sand, there's an option to "relax here". A towel automatically appears, you don't need to buy one :) I also recommend bringing along a radio or boombox in your inventory and then taking it out and placing it next to the towel. it's nice!

9166149501_96d46b8f35_c.jpg
  • KamiyoshaKamiyosha Posts: 1 New Member
    hey, sorry for the long time bump here, but, when I click on a beach (and its classed as a beach...) I don't get this interaction. do you require a specific EP for this to work?
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    I believe it came with Seasons.

If I remember correctly, there is a certain strip of area that needs to be clicked within for the option to appear.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    I think it came with Island Paradise - so if you don't have that EP you won't get the option.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Sunbathing came with Island Paradise. It's here in the official trailer... :)
    https://youtu.be/4BTIGeKpepY
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Okay, going back through EP content:

Sunbathing came with Seasons. You can lie in a lounge chair or the pool float (or just stand outside). There is also a tanning booth.
    Sunbathing on a towel came with Island Paradise.

I remember my Sims spontaneously combusting when I didn't want them to (trying to score the badges) after Seasons came out. :D
    IP added the towel option in the mix.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    It's not in buy mode, your sim automatically lays one on the ground when you click the option to suntan
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
  • 111melonie111melonie Posts: 5 New Member
    You can buy them in outdoor activities. Or just do a search for towel in outdoor activities. You can pick from several patterns.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there it's awesome you're wanting to help out but this thread has been inactive for quite a while so I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top