Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions on Parenthood

I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't have Twitter. I thought we could have a thread for questions that people have about the upcoming Parenthood pack.

1. Is the chart with stars and dots on it interactive or just décor? I noticed in one shot it has a clockface with 9:00 and in another the clockface is 11:00, suggesting that it might be a way to set curfew. Can you also schedule chores?
2. Will the school projects be available in buy mode, or do you only get them from school?
3. Can the parenting skill be learned from a book?
4. The quiz listed some options for volunteer activities. Will these exist in-game? As rabbit-holes, perhaps?

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    The volunteering activities have been confirmed as rabbit holes - that was here on the forum. :)
  • Options
    SIMGURUNINJA YOU ARE ON FIRE
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'm really curious to know if there will be any new aspirations.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    I'm really curious to know if there will be any new aspirations.

We know there will be at least one, I think, but they haven't been revealed yet. :)
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @SimGuruNinja . thanks so much for answering my questions. And also for giving me answers I wanted to hear!
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    @SimGuruNinja Will there be any family activities that the toddler can participate in too? Like a game or project that they can do with their parents and/or siblings.

• Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Is there anything for babies? Any changes?
  • Options
    StaleMuffinsStaleMuffins Posts: 28 New Member
    Rabbit holes as in like the sims 3, like your sims actually going into the spa and grocery store and disappearing into a building? Or rabbit hole such as them disappearing from their home to go? I'm hoping it'll be like sims 3 where we can see the building & they disappear. I'll take that
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Rabbit holes as in like the sims 3, like your sims actually going into the spa and grocery store and disappearing into a building? Or rabbit hole such as them disappearing from their home to go? I'm hoping it'll be like sims 3 where we can see the building & they disappear. I'll take that

i believe like the Sims 4 schools/workplaces when your sim goes to work/school (non-active careers or don't work from home ie the base gamer career)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I'm just very excited for what's in this GP. This is a dimension we really haven't had before. I'm liking the fact our Sim parents can set a curfew. Which one of us didn't have one growing up?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    I'm just very excited for what's in this GP. This is a dimension we really haven't had before. I'm liking the fact our Sim parents can set a curfew. Which one of us didn't have one growing up?

I didn't.. I still don't.. but I'm not very far away from my parents
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    caitybee73caitybee73 Posts: 121 Member
    @SimGuruNinja can you tell us if teens can learn the parenting skill? I have some teens who live on their own without adults. They are trying to raise their younger siblings. Can they still be good parents?

Thanks so much, this pack is looking great so far!
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I'm wondering if only parents will be able to set curfews? As in, can an adult sim playing the role of a guardian also set curfews for a young sim they're raising? I ask because I have a teen sim who is being raised by her older sister, so it'd be nice if her sister would be able to set these restrictions. Is there going to be a way to set an adult sim as a guardian to a sim whose parents are absent?

So excited for this pack and for curfews! :smile: Can't believe I just said I'm excited for curfews. :lol:
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member

MadameLee wrote: »

I didn't.. I still don't.. but I'm not very far away from my parents

Same, at least not as a teenager. I had to let my parents know when I was planning on being home and I had to meet those times (and tell them who I was with and where) but unless there was some special extenuating circumstances my parents would agree to the time I set. I mean it wasn't random, and I earned their trust that I would make mostly good choices, but I had a lot of freedom to come and go.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    On the rabbit hole volunteering -- does the entire family have to go or can one or more members stay home? Say you've got a teen who's on restriction; could s/he be left at home as punishment? Or if there's a toddler in the house, could the teen stay at home to babysit in lieu of calling a nanny?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    On the rabbit hole volunteering -- does the entire family have to go or can one or more members stay home? Say you've got a teen who's on restriction; could s/he be left at home as punishment? Or if there's a toddler in the house, could the teen stay at home to babysit in lieu of calling a nanny?

I guess you didn't see that your question was answered on another thread:

SimGuruNinja wrote: »
    ^^ You can go alone or take some or all of the fam.
  • Options
    AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    Will children still refer to their parents by their first name? My sims son calls him occasionally but it's always "Hey {Parents first name} wanna go to this rockin party at 4am at the bluffs" The whole message is weird but the weirdest part is that he's not called dad, lol.

Is the parenting trait for everyone or restricted to sims that are parents (by birth or adoption)? Can teens learn it, or un/related adults with no children?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    1) It's interactive. Family Bulletin Board. Among other things you'll be able to set and adjust curfew times here.
    2) They'll come from school, but you can buy them also. (There are several!)
    3) Sure, Magazines and Online Forums are a great way to help a new parent out.
    4) Rabbithole volunteering w/ wide variety of choices you make throughout the activity

OMG, that number 4 is totally new to The Sims, thank you! I love that. When I want rid of one of my Sims, lol, I can make them volunteer and go away for a few minutes. :D Parents who work at home or retired know what I mean. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Are there any special interactions between elders and sims? I saw one picture on facebook that had an elder comforting his adult son, it makes me wonder if that was just staged or if parenting can still happen from an elder to an adult.

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    edited May 2017
    Terra wrote: »
    SIMGURUNINJA YOU ARE ON FIRE

"OH MY PLUMBOB GET THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER!"

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SImGuruNinja how many food types can we pack in a sack lunch? Eg can we put a peanut butter jelly sandwich and a slice of cake in sack lunches?
  • Options
    RainbowColor1204RainbowColor1204 Posts: 193 Member
    SImGuruNinja how many food types can we pack in a sack lunch? Eg can we put a peanut butter jelly sandwich and a slice of cake in sack lunches?

I'm pretty sure he said that you can put anything in a lunch sack but idk
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

I did, man did i used to get into trouble! I was always late as id be down the street at a friends playing gta and loose track of time!
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Are there any special interactions between elders and sims? I saw one picture on facebook that had an elder comforting his adult son, it makes me wonder if that was just staged or if parenting can still happen from an elder to an adult.

I would like to know this too. also if my sim has a baby but my sims parent (the babies grandparent) raises the child in their home instead can they still do all of the parenting stuff even though they are the childs grandparent and not their parent? I hope that made sense!