Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GP5 Teaser

Comments

• angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    Maddis wrote: »
    18517985_1868744796746975_1311441209070089084_o.jpg

I absolutely adore those three Items...most of all the new sink (it's embedded in the kitchen counter) <3
    I don't use/own everything for TS4, or if it's been mentioned in another thread, so pardon my ignorance but...
    Is that a flat screen in the refrigerator?
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Is it a coincidence that they haven't showed any new hairstyles for toddlers yet? We've seen hairs for adults and clothes for adults and toddlers, but no hairs for toddlers. They wouldn't release a pack like this with no new toddler hairs, would they? Especially when we have so few! Toddler hairs are more needed than clothes, if you ask me.

Yes, I'm worried about that as well.

I don't have a big stake in this one, but if I had a worry it'd be this:

So far we know there's a parenting skill and allegedly this is called the Parenthood GP. I think it would be a mistake if the focus of the gamepack was moreso on the parents rather than the children. It's entirely possible they've provided ample amounts of new content to adults, teens, toddlers and children, but it's also possible that somehow there was a misunderstanding of priorities and that much of the focus went to the adults. Teens seem to be in the highest demand for new content for example, so it would be a shame if they just got acne but otherwise had nothing new to actually do.

I just feel like if the content of the GP gives children and teens something new to do then people will be thoroughly satisfied, but if much of the doing is done by the parents with the children just being recipients of their acts, then perhaps that won't be as ideal since yknow, we'd still have one-dimensional teens but your adult sims can be made more interesting when around teens. Also wouldn't neccesarily look good if we get the pack described as the "family pack" and it's got 4 dozen new clothing and hairstyles for adults but minimal content for the others, because if that's the ratio of a family pack, then obviously we can't really expect a better ratio from any packs in the future since the theme wouldn't be as suitable as this one.

As I said though, we've not really seen much yet so too soon to really say which way this is going. It could be they've provided plenty for both adults and the various kid stages; I was just providing a "pessimist's outlook" on what "mistakes" I'd expect to see, if any.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited May 2017
    I think it would be a mistake if the focus of the gamepack was moreso on the parents rather than the children.
    I'm not concerned about that in the slightest. So far, we've seen in the original quarterly teaser, a teen writing in a diary or journal as well as some sort of activity table for children and paintings hung up on clips. In this teaser, we've seen a toddler making a mess all over the floor and it was said elsewhere that this is only one of the types of messes the toddler can make. There is also some sort of child-decorated plate on the counter. From twitter, it was also revealed that teens will get acne. The last thing on today's teaser says "enjoy new family activities". So there hasn't been anything indicating some one-sided focus on the parents.
    Post edited by JimG72 on
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited May 2017
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I think one of the gurus revealed the name of the game pack by accident.

Parenthood GP:)
    It was SimGuruDrake in the give away thread:)

That makes me nervous. I was hoping for things to really center around kids and family. "Parenthood GP" seems to imply a more adult focus.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I wish it was tomorrow right now
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I am uber excited for this pack. I haven't been this excited since toddlers were patched in. I can't wait to play, I have been waiting for a family style pack since the beginning of Sims 4. I am a family/generational style player so this pack will mean a lot to me as far as gameplay.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a best seller
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Is it a coincidence that they haven't showed any new hairstyles for toddlers yet? We've seen hairs for adults and clothes for adults and toddlers, but no hairs for toddlers. They wouldn't release a pack like this with no new toddler hairs, would they? Especially when we have so few! Toddler hairs are more needed than clothes, if you ask me.

They have something like two years worth of CAS items for toddlers to catch up on, so I'll be disappointed if we don't have at least a handful of new items for them. It's worrying we haven't seen anything remotely resembling a new hair for toddlers, for example - but then again we've no idea what the gameplay objects are either (apart from that art box possibly?) I suppose I'll wait until tomorrow once I've seen the actual trailer to be cross about it if they decided to leave it out. ;)
  • angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    As I said though, we've not really seen much yet so too soon to really say which way this is going. It could be they've provided plenty for both adults and the various kid stages; I was just providing a "pessimist's outlook" on what "mistakes" I'd expect to see, if any.
    These days with EA, Maxis and TS4 I think a "pessimist's outlook" is part of the benchmark.

Personally, I just want whatever they put in the pack to work correctly (and not mess up the rest of the game as well).
    Vampires seems to have been the smoothest roll out and I hope GP5 continues along the same path.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    These days with EA, Maxis and TS4 I think a "pessimist's outlook" is part of the benchmark.

Sadly, and that's why I bothered with that post. I mean of the little we've seen thusfar, it does often seem to point towards the parents rather than the kids.

Still in this case I'd say it's a 50-50 shot, which is still good. I mean the GP team tends to do solid work and were behind the ever-praised Vampire pack, so there's decent odds that they have indeed provided kids, teens and toddlers with new things to do while simultaneously providing for adults as well. And as stated, we have seen very little, so it's not a whole lot to speculate off of. We'll see soon enough either way.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Skobee wrote: »
    I might not even use the parenting skill, just to see how bad at parenting they can be, it would make for some hilarious gameplay I think.

That does raise some interesting questions. Like can you opt out of the parenting skill? Could you still "parent" the way you've been doing before? Will sims with the parenting skill have kids turn out differently vs. kids who weren't raised with the parenting skill?

Might be the difference between sims who have their toddler skills and kid aspirations maxed out vs, those who don't? As in that the kids get an extra trait depending on how they're raised?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Skobee wrote: »
    I might not even use the parenting skill, just to see how bad at parenting they can be, it would make for some hilarious gameplay I think.

That does raise some interesting questions. Like can you opt out of the parenting skill? Could you still "parent" the way you've been doing before? Will sims with the parenting skill have kids turn out differently vs. kids who weren't raised with the parenting skill?

Might be the difference between sims who have their toddler skills and kid aspirations maxed out vs, those who don't? As in that the kids get an extra trait depending on how they're raised?

This is why I stopped playing my family when the GP was announced. My kids' and toddler skills aren't maxed and I didn't want to miss any advantages.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »

That makes me nervous. I was hoping for things to really center around kids and family. "Parenthood GP" seems to imply a more adult focus.
    Well, I would think there has to be some focus on the kids, for parents to have things they can parent. Considering that the current kids don't do a whole lot that requires parenting (only really toddlers, with a few mischievous things like playing in the toilet and there's already an autonomous thing where the parent will scold them).
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Im hoping they will include some toddler playground activities or more traveling activities for toddlers and kids. Right now toddlers can travel with you but none of the playground equipment works for toddlers and if you try to go to a restaurant with your family you have to add a highchair and do a whole work around to get your toddler to eat at a restaurant. There isn't many family activities.

I agree with this! For the moment, I've built sandboxes in my parks where I've put building blocks and some spare toys for toddlers to play. But it's not nearly enough.

It would also be great if we got strollers/pushchairs for both babies and toddlers.

And kids need to be able to play with other kids without using playground equipment, doll houses or other objects, just old fashioned games like tag, cops and robbers, Mary Mack etc. I'm hoping thins GP does something about it too.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Im hoping they will include some toddler playground activities or more traveling activities for toddlers and kids. Right now toddlers can travel with you but none of the playground equipment works for toddlers and if you try to go to a restaurant with your family you have to add a highchair and do a whole work around to get your toddler to eat at a restaurant. There isn't many family activities.

I agree with this! For the moment, I've built sandboxes in my parks where I've put building blocks and some spare toys for toddlers to play. But it's not nearly enough.

It would also be great if we got strollers/pushchairs for both babies and toddlers.

And kids need to be able to play with other kids without using playground equipment, doll houses or other objects, just old fashioned games like tag, cops and robbers, Mary Mack etc. I'm hoping thins GP does something about it too.

I agree. Kids need games like tag and cops and robbers! Saying that though, I would love a swing set and slide.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member

I agree. Kids need games like tag and cops and robbers! Saying that though, I would love a swing set and slide.

Oh yes! I also want some traditional playground equipment like a swing, a regular slide, a seesaw etc. Parks look weird and incomplete without them. Also the current equipment is just too huge for regular homes (well I can fit the monkey bars in some backyards but definitely not the pirate ship thing). I'd love to get tree swings too!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Oh yes! I also want some traditional playground equipment like a swing, a regular slide, a seesaw etc. Parks look weird and incomplete without them. Also the current equipment is just too huge for regular homes (well I can fit the monkey bars in some backyards but definitely not the pirate ship thing). I'd love to get tree swings too!

Tree swing would be awesome! I would also love to have the tree house back. As much as I like the pirate play thing, I agree it is way too big for the average home.
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    This is legit the first pack from Sims 4 that has got me hyped up. Looking forward to it :)
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited May 2017
    DivieOwl wrote: »

But isn't the whole point of being a parent how you raise your kids? So, the pack will be focused on kids. Otherwise, it would be called 'Adulthood'...
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    Does that mean MORE TODDLER INTERACTIONS???
    FFCOojX.gif
    Does that mean MORE TODDLER INTERACTIONS???

most likely
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Thanks @elelunicy ! It looks really good, it seems we may have some new after-school activities with the science things (it's different from the children we already have), a punishment system and I really like how we can dress the table, I suspect it's probably a decor item and Sims will put their plates on it.

You may want to post your pictures in http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917843/family-gp-prerelease-info-simguru-statements-etc too :)