Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something I Did This Weekend, lots of pics.

Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
So I have had a whole week off and hoped to get around to building but ended up just playing until Saturday when the building bug finally hit. Normally I take a lot longer to work on a house but a few Monster drinks (helps with focusing issues), a lot of sitting and what you get is a half finished house but hey, the half that is finished is pretty nice!
I got inspired by a pic of a house's facade, mainly the sloping roof line and I wanted to try my hand at recreating that. Roofs give me fits and this one still has a few minor graphical irritations but if you squint and zoom out you can't see them at all! :D I only finished last night so I haven't uploaded yet, need to make sure it is harboring no sneaky hidden CC (except for the roof which I didn't want to compromise on, love the white trim).

So here are the bunch of pics, randomly presented and many very similar ones but hey. Sorry about the image warping in some of the pictures, I am sorely out of practice.

Screenshot-6_zpsrckfhi8e.jpg

Screenshot-4_zpsprklgj1t.jpg
Screenshot-5_zpsgksivtyv.jpg
Screenshot-22_zpsqukbfyda.jpg

Have you ever seen the ceiling treatment be a dark stained wood over the porch? I have, and kind of obsessed with the look and feel. Had to include it here though almost always I just use white beadbord kind of ceilings on the covered porches and entries.

Now for the layers,
Screenshot-14_zpsk2pnrdjh.jpg
Screenshot-15_zpsqhrwsvfk.jpg
Screenshot-16_zpsxctcyvdj.jpg
Screenshot-17_zpshn355ymo.jpg
Screenshot-18_zps5rd6zvl5.jpg

I really wanted to include an attic, buuuut, I didn't plan well and the attic got ditched and the basement was an afterthought and small, but hey - I got the roof!

The not an attic space but you can still store stuff up there just your sims can't get there...
Screenshot-44_zpsytxs6gph.jpg

And the scrunched up basement without exterior access and no windows. But there is a nifty ancient furnace down there thanks to unlocking the simport rewards. Not sure if it will transfer anyway but this thing makes a cool, if old looking, furnace. Try it out!
Screenshot-19_zpsfdik1fv3.jpg
Screenshot-20_zpshldnrhdj.jpg

Alrighty, let's get out of the basement.
Screenshot-34_zps8qczcjfa.jpg

The entryway. Not functional seating but I want one of these in my real home. The little white door goes to the basement, we've already been there.
Screenshot-23_zpsumdenwfg.jpg

Standing in the entry area looking left toward the kitchen.
Screenshot-26_zpspr1n3ckd.jpg

And at night without the glare.
Screenshot-48_zpskeid1ggj.jpg

More pics..
Screenshot-27_zpsfb67ynq9.jpg
Screenshot-25_zpsnyvhi981.jpg
Screenshot-24_zpsbbnpdnvl.jpg
Screenshot-28_zpsnt0qdhod.jpg
Screenshot-29_zpsx65uc0jx.jpg
Screenshot-49_zpskecqnn7q.jpg
Screenshot-30_zpslad5i6ne.jpg

An empty space across from the living room area. I decided against window treatments because I like the view even if it is of the street.
Screenshot-32_zpszpggvc45.jpg

Screenshot-53_zpsc7aykykv.jpg
Screenshot-52_zpsljk84tgc.jpg
Screenshot-50_zpsub8kejby.jpg

Ok, and a bunch from the bedrooms and bathrooms. Only one bedroom is sort of done, the bathrooms are done but all pretty much the same.
There are three bedrooms total, two full baths upstairs and a half bath downstairs with lots of room for future potty training, or to throw in a random shower if the house gets full of sims. The master bedroom area, though tiny, does have a small seating area which could be cleaned out to make room for a makeshift nursery close by.
Screenshot-37_zpslqbroyfp.jpg
Screenshot-38_zps9dq0qswm.jpg
Screenshot-39_zpsilftkqbh.jpg
Screenshot-55_zpsa0ldckqu.jpg
Screenshot-42_zpsjyk733ch.jpg
Screenshot-43_zpsvspczqbv.jpg
Screenshot-41_zpslt8eyodg.jpg
Screenshot-35_zpshr4tc1sq.jpg
Screenshot-40_zpsftezjbur.jpg
Screenshot-36_zpsiu4evbjo.jpg

And now for the last few to show where it is in my world and stuff. I don't remember the lot size but it is an odd one. Oh and there is a little shed in the back yard because my sims tend to collect stuff as they are played. It's also a nifty place to stick that pet hygienator thing that always looks oddball standing out in the open, unless you have a futuristic style home then it looks fine.

Screenshot-45_zpscmillne1.jpg

Screenshot-47_zpsxajqwbqh.jpg

Screenshot-46_zps8egcs58u.jpg

Screenshot-8_zpslfvziicl.jpg

There you go, thanks for having a look! :) I hope you like it and I hope it gives you some ideas of your own to build with.

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Looks stunning @Jessa_Dakkar! I love the exterior and I do love that dark wood ceiling on the porch area!
    Super duper gorgeous! <3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited May 2017
    Your home is very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing is so very nice! It looks great how the columns have been used for the wraparound covered porch! The awnings are a nice touch in the build. Very nice texture of the exterior walls. The furnishing of the interior is very nice! It is great that there is a basement in the build. Very nice design of the kitchen! The island sink and bar stool counter is very nice.Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools eating a meal. The teapot wall clock is a homely touch. The wal tiling in the stove area looks great! Very nice cabinets and workbench nook where the cookbooks are. Very nice laundry nook for sims to use the washer and dryer. The dining room is very nice! The colour of the walls gives a stylishly nice look to the room, and the plants are nice touches of green to complement with it. The fireplace will keep sims warm whilst enjoying eating there meals at the table. The reading room is very nice! It looks very nice how the armchairs and sofas have been placed there, around the coffee table.Sims will enjoy resting there reading a book or chatting, with sunshine coming in through the windows. Very nice master bedbroom! The fireplace lounger sittng nook is very nice there.
    It is a very nice home! :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited May 2017
    Thanks @aricarai! This was the home I used for inspiration. In reality it is a much bigger home and includes a garage but I didn't have a need for a garage because of the houses location in my game, and it was just soooo big!
    https://www.houzz.com/projects/342939/a-new-home-in-the-new-york-suburbs
    Obviously I took a lot of liberties on the inside, the original is really close to my usual style of decorating anyhow so it worked out ok in the end.

@rosemow, it's all good! :)

edit* Thanks, @rosemow :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

A very lovely build. Great work on the roof... very striking. Well done :smiley:
    @soocoolsim, thank you so much! If I can't get the roof right, I will rebuild the whole house so the roof will work, haha. The roof has to be right.

I do have the lot ready for upload, it is a 20 x 30. Right now I am working on making it suit a particular sim in my game who really needs his own house. In my game there are twin brother lobster fishermen/scuba divers and neither are going to get very far if they don't get their own places to raise families. I'll share pictures of how I change the house for this sim a little later. I will be using some CC in my personal version.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Very beautiful! I want to live there!
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited May 2017
    Gorgeous! I love the kitchen, especially, but also the use of walls, if you get what I'm saying. It looks so, so lifelike! It's pretty sad that I haven't even thought of making a wall to to block the stairs to the basement. :D Thank you for the idea. B) I do have a question. You know the little "seating" in the entryway right below the hooks? I was wondering what you used for that and where to find it? Coffee table, perhaps? I've always wanted to do the same thing, but didn't know how. It looks great!
    edited May 2017
    Thanks @RedShoe7 & @60smusicluvr ! That little seating area is indeed a coffee table, it came with Generations. I have switched up that area already in my game, just a little to personalize it. I will post updates tomorrow, tonight I am caught up in building a small Craftsman inspired bungalow. I'm not going to be up much later this evening, what an exhausting week.

Editing to add the entry pictures I made a little more personal to the person living there.

Screenshot_zpsgtri7kje.jpg
    Screenshot-2_zpsb1p8mlle.jpg
    Post edited by Jessa_Dakkar on
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Oh Jessa, that's gorgeous ! I would love to download that, it looks so beautiful and very welcoming :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Thanks @Pary! If I get to uploading it I will let you know! I hope to upload that, and several other lots. It feels good to be back into house building. When I made my world and moved sims in I was too excited to play to have to build both the community lots and the residential lots so I stuck some things I already built in and tried to work with those. Some are so out of place it bothers me to see them in the game every time I play. I'm nearing 100 weeks of game playing in my save so it is probably time to change some things for the next 100. One of those things is finishing their homes so they don't live in copy pasted homes from other worlds.