Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thank you Forum Gurus for the new layout of the categories!

cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
What the title says. The new layout is logical and makes it easier to find the right area. I especially appreciate the addition of the Sims 3 creative corner (although I haven't posted there yet).

Thank you!

Comments

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited May 2017
    I posted too soon. The new layout is great but until the old Sims 4 content threads are shifted down the page by current Sims 3 threads it will still be hard to find the Sims 3 content. So Sims 3 creators start some new threads :) .

ETA: Sorry to keep posting to my own post but the new categories didn't really fix the problem. That will require the gurus to remove the Sims 4 content from the Sims 3 creative corner and visa versa.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I couldn't agree more with you... :) I am so happy that we have our own Creative Corner section now. I have found myself visiting it a lot more now than when it was in the General Creative Corner section even though I did make a thread up there for my simself story and her adventures. It is so much easier to look at now and not have to go through all of the threads just to find TS3 stories or builds... :)
    cwaddell wrote: »
    I posted too soon. The new layout is great but until the old Sims 4 content threads are shifted down the page by current Sims 3 threads it will still be hard to find the Sims 3 content. So Sims 3 creators start some new threads :) .

I believe that there was a few people going through this section looking for TS4 threads and even the mixed games threads to give to SimGuruDrake so that she can have them removed. And then I think that some are suppose to be going through the Video Haven in TS4 to gather up TS3 videos so that Drake can give us our own Video Haven for our videos... :)
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more with you... :) I am so happy that we have our own Creative Corner section now. I have found myself visiting it a lot more now than when it was in the General Creative Corner section even though I did make a thread up there for my simself story and her adventures. It is so much easier to look at now and not have to go through all of the threads just to find TS3 stories or builds... :)

Actually I think there is still a problem. No new Sims 4 threads should appear in the Sims 3 forum or Sims 3 threads to appear in the Sims 4 forums but the old threads that are still being responded to bump up to the top of the list.
    edited May 2017

I believe that there was a few people going through this section looking for TS4 threads and even the mixed games threads to give to SimGuruDrake so that she can have them removed. And then I think that some are suppose to be going through the Video Haven in TS4 to gather up TS3 videos so that Drake can give us our own Video Haven for our videos... :)

Oh, thanks for the info. That should make it easier for both Sims 3 and Sims 4 players.
  • MMitchell93MMitchell93 Posts: 108 Member
    Why isn't the creative corner divided into sub-folders? One for Sims 3, one for Sims 2, one for Sims 4, etc??

But yes @cwaddell Sims 3 story writers need to write some new stuff. I'm thinking of starting my first story for Sims 3....

@zeegee just informed some of us in another thread that they got the videos all sorted out and have given the links to Drake... :) Now I'm not sure if they're done going through the TS3 Creative Corner section for any other links that don't belong, so maybe ZeeGee can tell us if they are... :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917648/can-we-have-a-sims-3-video-haven-please#latest
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Ah-ha! Just spotted the mention of it in one of the "WE GOT OUR (ETA: SIMS 3) CREATIVE CORNER!!!" thread.

As @lisasc360 noted, the awesome @ZeeGee is helping identify all the TS3 video threads in the old general Creative Corner forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15745647/#Comment_15745647

:smiley:

Got them all sorted and sent to Simgurudrake yesterday so hopefully we will have a video section soon!

I have seen someone even suggest about having a section for mods and custom content for our section but I don't if anyone has asked @SimGuruDrake if she could do that for us. It would be nice for us to have a mods and custom content section as well as TS4 has... :)
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Poor, @SimGuruDrake She'll be even more busy. :cookie:
    Isn't that truth but she's awesome though... :smiley:
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    While I'm no big fan of layout changes, I do appreciate that TS4 and TS3 are now presented as equal. It not only makes sense considering TS4 is the more relevant game, but it also makes sense considering TS3 is the only one of the two I have any interest in.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @zeegee just informed some of us in another thread that they got the videos all sorted out and have given the links to Drake... :) Now I'm not sure if they're done going through the TS3 Creative Corner section for any other links that don't belong, so maybe ZeeGee can tell us if they are... :)

Yes, MizoreYukii and soocoolsim have gone through the S3 categories and listed all the threads that need to be moved to S4. And I've gone through the Video Haven in S4 and linked threads that need to be moved back to S3 Video Haven, which SGD said she is going to create for us. :smiley:
    Thank you again @ZeeGee, you are and the rest the helped go through the sections to gather up the links are awesome... :)
    Thank you again @ZeeGee, you are and the rest the helped go through the sections to gather up the links are awesome... :)

I just gathered the links. SGDrake has to do all the heavy lifting! But you're welcome. Happy to help.
    edited May 2017
    ZeeGee wrote: »

I just gathered the links. SGDrake has to do all the heavy lifting! But you're welcome. Happy to help.

Still, it probably was a bit tedious to go through all of the threads to find TS3 videos and then copy and paste them to word document to send to Drake... ;)
    @lisasc360 Yes it was. Thanks for recognizing that. :)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I must say, after the process of getting used to it, I prefer it the way it is now. It's less scrolling and searching. So good job, afaic.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Yes thank you very much SimGuru's! You are awesome! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • AsunaSama10AsunaSama10 Posts: 30 New Member
    Thanks