Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WE GOT OUR (ETA: SIMS 3) CREATIVE CORNER!!!

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited May 2017
    The thread is back!

(not good at linking) but its under sims3>creative corner then just click on builders (or whichever tab applies to you)
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited May 2017
    Glad that they're back! Now to clean the S3 section of the S4 threads. (And hope we eventually get a combined section for those who liked being in one.) I replied to @SimGuruDrake on Twitter to see if she needs help sorting through the threads. I can link them in a PM for her to look at and eventually move. I doubt she'll reply or even consider it, but worth a shot. Edit: Actually, she just said yes! If you guys want to help, please state that so we don't send them a mass wave of duplicated links.
    I'm super excited! (Yes, I know I'm weird. xD) I'm off to work on Sims 3 modeling first. I will let you guys know which section I do next.
    I don't think the missing posts have been deleted. Even though I can't find mine I don't think my post count has gone down and if they were deleted I should have noticed a huge drop in my post count. I think they are just moved right now to where we can't see them or access them, but not yet gone forever.
    From my experience, deleted threads still count toward the post count. I've seen several instances where this happened, but no drop in discussion or post count.
    I think if comments are individually deleted though, the post count goes down. I have seen deleted threads happen more than posts though.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

I'm willing to help out with the Sims 3 CC Builders section to flag those that need to be moved over to the Sims 4 section. What's the process?
    @soocoolsim I'm just collecting the links into a word document, then sending them to her in a PM when I'm finished.
    The old section was moved to the top around June/July 2016, so that would be your main starting/stopping point. You most likely have to go back a few pages though to make sure S4 threads weren't created before the move. Let me know how you do!
    @soocoolsim I'm also collecting mixed threads and irrelevant threads,
    Mixed threads = both (or more) games are posting in it due to the topic
    Irrelevant = threads that most likely belong in other categories, such as Ideas/Feedback and Technical help, etc.
    I'm hoping that with a list of mixed threads already presented, they'll be more open to creating a mixed category for those that need/want it.

If you find any, feel free to send them my way. Thanks for your help!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @MizoreYukii That's do great you're willing to do that!

There's another issue, what about all of us who have Sims 3 YouTube threads that are now in the Sims 4 Video Haven section? Could those threads be moved? Should we now post our vids under stories in our BRAND NEW SIMS 3 CREATIVE CORNER?! Yes I'm still so happy.

Hi @MizoreYukii , I've went through the Sims 3 CC Builders section backwards to Jan 2016 and captured the build thread links that were clearly Sims 4 only with reference to the game title or gallery for potential move over to the Sims 4 CC Lots section.

I didn't flag the mixed threads or showcases within this section since it would be more appropriate and more respectful IMHO for the OP to determine where they want to be now there is clearer definition between the two creative sections.

Have sent a PM to @SimGuruDrake with the links for her consideration / use. Best wishes with the other sections :smiley:
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    ZeeGee wrote: »

There's another issue, what about all of us who have Sims 3 YouTube threads that are now in the Sims 4 Video Haven section? Could those threads be moved? Should we now post our vids under stories in our BRAND NEW SIMS 3 CREATIVE CORNER?! Yes I'm still so happy.

I can create a video section. If someone is willing to go through and make a list of threads that need to be moved from the TS4 to the TS3 creative corner it will help me move things over much faster :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims

I can create a video section. If someone is willing to go through and make a list of threads that need to be moved from the TS4 to the TS3 creative corner it will help me move things over much faster :)

I will! And thank you so much for giving us a Sims 3 creative corner.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @SimGuruDrake -Thanks for the TS3 creative corner.I saw a world builders section there and might need to post a thread there for a new world I started in CAW.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @SimGuruDrake , thank you so much for the Sims 3 Creative Corner!

A suggestion: could the Create-a-Pattern and Create-a-World subforums be moved from the Game Tools section to the Creative Corner (and CAW could be merged with World Builders)? I think it would make sense, because making patterns and worlds is a form of TS3 creativity too!
    @soocoolsim Can you send me that list as well? Thank you!

Can you also do a CC section for us, like S4? If it is not too much?
    And if not that, or also that, maybe a merged section of the games as well? It doesn't have to be all the sections that we currently have in the S4/S3 sections, but a merged section for Sims (not modeling) and Stories/Legacies would help quite a few people out.
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited May 2017
    @SimGuruDrake : A "merged" Creative Corner, even if it had no sub-directeries/sections would be huge!

As someone who spends a ton of time in the Stories and Legacies section, I know for a fact there are tons of story threads that have never been "game-specific" in that community. We've been a very open, unified bunch. The Beginner's Guide to Simlit by @Julyvee94 is designed to help out anyone getting started in Simlit. The Reading Circles run by @CathyTea accept anyone; the Simlit Short Story Challenge every month by @Pegasus143 and @SilentWolf101 takes submissions no matter what Sim game you use to compose your story, and each month we typically have submissions from both Sims 3 and Sims 4 authors. And I run a Simlit/Let's Play link directory that you even Stickied that has 352 links covering from The Sims, Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and even spin-offs like Sims Medieval, Sims Freeplay, Sims Life Stories, Sims Castaway Stories, The Urbz! It's amazing the amount of creative content listed in this virtual library! But since the new organization of the forums, it just... has no place to go. It doesn't belong in Sims 2 Creative Corner, Sims 3 Creative Corner, or Sims 4 Creative Corner. A little shared space for such threads would really be amazing.

I know I'd really appreciate it, and those 352 people who have their creative works listed in my index would too... not to mention all the Simmers who love using it to find new stories to read and LPs to watch!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    @soocoolsim Can you send me that list as well? Thank you!

Hi @MizoreYukii , they should now show up under Sims 4 CC Lots. I've sent you a PM with the list for your reference.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    Like to add my thank you here concerning the creative corner as well! For the first time I feel like starting a topic there and visit it more often (instead of bookmarking a few topics and miss out on others).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I can help sorting out threads too if anyone needs it...just point me in the right direction!
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited May 2017
    You know...my RL wife says I'm a bit "slow"... but can someone explain to me what is allowed in Creative Corner? :) Yeah...age gets to me...

@Nikkei_Simmer Your house, your sims 3 creations, your sims , your videos -perhaps- well everything that is not gameplay pictures. I asked this in the sims 2 section because I was confused myself. I posted my interiors in the general thread, apparently I had the right for.
    A creative corner is made for showing everything that is the creative part of the game.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    @aricarai Hi! Thank you for the offer, but I think we're mostly covered/done now. :D I've already begun a list for Stories/Legacies, and Sims/Modeling and Building is complete.
    I think they are working on gathering Sims 3 videos for our new Video Haven section though, so if you know any, feel free to link them for @ZeeGee! I currently can't think of anything else that needs gathering, but I'm sure something else will pop up while I'm offline for some sleep.

@soocoolsim Thank you!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I want to offer a BIG thank you to all who helped split up the merged forums. It will be SO WONDERFUL to know which game the lot, sims, and stories threads are about without having to open each thread! Awesome job, everyone involved!
    @aricarai Thanks for the offer! Videos are sorted too.
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    A suggestion: could the Create-a-Pattern and Create-a-World subforums be moved from the Game Tools section to the Creative Corner (and CAW could be merged with World Builders)? I think it would make sense, because making patterns and worlds is a form of TS3 creativity too!

The two different world subforums of CAW and World Builders could get confusing. Aren't these the same category really? Or is there something different there that I'm missing. So maybe delete World Builders and leave CAW the way it is, or move CAW and CAP into the creative corner? That could simplify. Not that I'm complaining cause I'm not! Just brain storming.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »

The two different world subforums of CAW and World Builders could get confusing. Aren't these the same category really? Or is there something different there that I'm missing. So maybe delete World Builders and leave CAW the way it is, or move CAW and CAP into the creative corner? That could simplify. Not that I'm complaining cause I'm not! Just brain storming.
    I was wondering the same thing unless the World Builders section is for players who like to take existing EA worlds and removing every single lot to build the world the way that they want without to using CAW. I wish @SimGuruDrake could come and explain what's the difference between the 2 so that we will know if they mean the same thing or if they're suppose to be 2 different things... :)
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited May 2017
    I have a question, for recolourists (I do sims 3 recolours) and meshers (I don't mesh but people here can do) there will be a special section for us?
    I only make sims and recolours most of the time. I am not a huge decorator and I don't build.
    Thank you <3
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)