Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New thread for @jesslordd

rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
@jesslordd has asked to have a new thread opened because they are a new member. I will quote what they wrote on another post. They have also tried resetting the Sims 4 folder
jesslordd wrote: »
Hi,
wondering if anyone can help me I've had a massive issue for the past few weeks and i don't know what to do anymore!!

My sims will not get past the loading screen of when it just says the sims, the music sometimes plays but I've waited up to 20mins for it to load and then my mac says its not responding? I've gone through this process about 30 times and i don't know what to do anymore I'm getting really upset as i love the game and always have but its not working at all!
This is what i have done to try and fix the game but nothing has worked. ( i haven't got any mods )

I have uninstalled the game, and origin and threw the old tiles into the bin.
I then reinstalled origin and then the game.
I have tried the repair game and nothing happens.
I tried deleted a file that was recommend to delete as few others were having this problem, but unable to remember the name.
tried using it offline
tried signing out and back in
resting my computer over and over again.

I really do not know what to do anymore and I'm really gutted i can't play it.
I have a Macbook pro retina 2015
processor - 2.5 GHz intel core i7
graphics - AMD radeon R9 m370x 2048 MB intel iris pro 1536

Please can someone help me,
thank you in advance

Comments

• Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @jesslordd

How did you uninstall Sims 4 and Origin?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    jesslorddjesslordd Posts: 4 New Member
    i uninstalled it by following online instructions, go to applications and do it that way
  • Options
    jesslorddjesslordd Posts: 4 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > @jesslordd
    >
    > How did you uninstall Sims 4 and Origin?

Im really confused can someone please help me, I now don't have a electronic arts folder anywhere on my mac I've gone through secret folders and its not there, i know that you can only get the folder once you open the game but my game won't open!! so confused and getting really upset about it if someone knows what to do please @jesslordd
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @jesslordd

Let's start at the beginning :)

Please check you have no residual files left behind by following these instructions.

Next, run the Origin reset tool.

Now open Origin and download and install the game again.

Please bear in mind that your Mac's AMD graphics are NOT supported so there is no guarantee that the game will work for you.
    apple-signature.png