Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ninnster's Showcase - New: Restaurante Del Mare

Comments

• CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    As a guy, I can tell I fully approve of your mancave @Laebeth ! :) All the various nooks are so beautifully designed and I loved reading your description of how you designed the room. Fantastic tv area, love the idea of multiple tv screens in case more than one game is on (and had to lolz at your comment you followed your boyfriend's suggestion here for the shelves, as the room's made for a guy :smiley: ). The trophy case with the mirrors looks super amazing too and the sitting area by the fire place is such a wonderful idea, love it! But the knock out in this room has to be that bar area! Wow, it looks spectacular, such a smart design and it looks so creative and original! B) And wonderful on the cluttering up the room, it does have that great lived in feel, giving it even more personality. Fantastic room! <3
  • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    I love love love your new room Regal Renaissance from Rose's challenge and nominated it on the Maxis thread. Thanks to @Rosemow I have the links for rooms, lots and households. And I clicked the star to follow this thread. I hope you get picked!
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Awww Jazz, look at you becoming the little forum expert! Thanks for the nomination, that's very kind of you :) And thanks for bookmarking my showcase too :blush: Big hug :heart:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    What a lovely showcase @Laebeth! You do a fabulous job recreating your homes from the inspiration pictures you've chosen. And your rooms are always so well put together. Love your color and decor choices for each of them.

Your man cave is awesome! Love the trophy display shelves you created! The glass shelves are genius! It's such a pretty man cave, that I think my guy would Definitely have to share with me, lol. :p
    How sweet of you to stop by @WrathofCath with such a wonderful kind comment :heart:

I am still a novice when it comes to building, so I find it easier to copy photos or plans to help me learn and get better. As I grow I can start building more free hand just from creativity! It's all a journey :)

You're a big inspiration, as I love your style :heart: I started a fresh game save a few weeks ago creating a suburb in Willow Creek filled with traditional homes, and I suddenly realized almost all of them were yours! hehe. I hadn't even noticed, as I had just picked homes I liked :)

*hugs*

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Laebeth wrote: »
    Awww Jazz, look at you becoming the little forum expert! Thanks for the nomination, that's very kind of you :) And thanks for bookmarking my showcase too :blush: Big hug :heart:

You're very welcome @Laebeth ♥.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @Laebeth! That is the nicest compliment ever! Thank you so very much! <3

I still start every build, using an inspiration photo. :) I don't know how some folks are able to just create something from their imaginations... I find I don't always stick to actual picture. A lot of times it's just something to get me going in a direction, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, thank you once again for your most awesome comment! :blush:
    edited April 2017
    @Laebeth that's such a cool room. Congrats!
    qxaeT50.gif
    edited May 2017
    Regal Renaissance

Gallery link

This is an entry for Rosemow's room challenge. The theme was "A royal bedroom". My entry can be found here.

When I first saw the topic for this challenge I thought about doing a replica of the Norwegian Royal Castle. I looked up images to get an idea, and had it all planed out. Later that day while eating dinner I was talking to my better half about the challenge, telling him what my plan was. He just looked at me and said: "You are thinking too small. There are so many kingdoms out there to take inspiration from, like Japanese royalty, or medieval.." As soon as he said medieval something just clicked in my head and my brain just started racing with ideas. I had a new theme, and I was excited about it!

I looked at photos for inspiration, and discussed with friends to make sure I was keeping it within the time. When I finally had it done and was ready to upload it, someone said "It's not really medieval, it's more renaissance". Wait, what? So I went and read pages up and pages down about both periods, and came to a conclusion. I somehow had ended up somewhere in between. The medieval time period was long, dreary and boring. It was followed by the renaissance which was a happier and richer time. The four post bed I created only started to be used in the 15th century, so I imagine my room as part of a castle which is rapidly moving from the medieval and into the renaissance era and getting with the times!

fhZHjTw.png
    IXqKyF3.png
    XdTgDnT.png
    9HHqSN8.png
    YfjxlCA.png
    JUuHraX.png
    Post edited by Ninnster on

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited May 2017
    Hospitably awaiting

Gallery link

This is an entry for Rosemow's room challenge. The theme was "A hospital waiting room". My entry can be found here.

This is the first week I really struggled with the theme. I just had no ideas, and no inspiration. I kept wrecking my brain to try to come up with an idea, but I just got nothing. As I was being honest about my struggles on the challenge thread, many of you kind Simmers out there gave me uplifting words and encouragement, but it was @lsnishi that really made me push to try to make this room happen. I decided to just sit down and stubbornly start with a box shell of a room and start doing something. Anything.

I had the idea for the reception/nurse station very early. I wanted to include that since that's what every single waiting room I have ever seen/been to has. So that was a must. The rest of the room happened slowly but surely. I had the kids area in a different place initially for example, but moving it to where it is now and then adding the coffee area, that was the moment I started to finally feel good about the build. At that point I thought that I could finish a half decent room.

I kept at it, trying different colored walls and floors (you will not believe how many I went through. It was blue for a long time). And then it was like a clog just disappeared and I got into the flow of things. I kept adding and removing things until I was happy with every single area. It was worth it, so very worth it, because I was really happy I persisted and managed to put it up!

5X4Ic5g.png
    LvyrcIN.png
    dYbFBRd.png
    nfSrEkU.png
    KPJDcgt.png
    ME78gtA.png
    v7y4eOn.png
    kpXu5sa.png
    Xgb4swc.png
    6IfkqoI.png
    Post edited by Ninnster on

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited May 2017
    A Fairy Princess

Gallery link
    Made to compliment with: A Vampire Heiress

This is an entry for Rosemow's room challenge. The theme was "A nursery". My entry can be found here.

The nursery for this weeks challenge was for a girl, and as a mum of two boys that is not something I am familiar with. So I thought I'd try something different. I was inspired by @Ainsleyf and her beautiful royal bedroom A Midsummer Night's Dream. So I had an idea to do a fairy princess type of theme. I also had another room in mind, a nursery I did earlier while building a vampire home, Spider Nursery. I did not want to just upload a room I made several months ago though, but I thought I could improve on it since I have learned so much since I made it.

This gave me an idea to do both, as they were opposites of sorts. Fairy and Vampire. Light and Dark. Sun and Moon. I wanted to play on that idea and make two rooms, but also two rooms that fit. That's also why I decided to name them the way I did, to play on the fact that they were a pair.

I really wanted it to have a magical garden feeling, but also have what you expect in a nursery. I mean, even a Fairy Princess will get a dirty diaper!

YYWkbll.png
    zCJZ5Z1.png
    BbqRomx.png
    K5905HT.png
    tWxEdZU.png
    zVDoc4i.png
    MWj8j9K.png
    eFu2syr.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited May 2017
    A Vampire Heiress

Gallery link
    Made to compliment with: A Fairy Princess

This is an entry for Rosemow's room challenge. The theme was "A nursery". My entry can be found here.

A room inspired by my earlier room: Spider Nursery. I wanted to take that room, and make it even better, using everything I have learned in the last few months. I still love Spider Nursery, for its simplicity, but it was fun to also do something more extravagant!

I decided to make the crib area a feature, with the curtains and large statue overlooking the baby. I also decided to add more to it, like the different toiletries and clutter, but also the fireplace. Things I would personally expect to find in a Vampire mansion, if they had a nursery.

2SdOPXU.png
    JFNJZ5v.png
    YjHJNGu.png
    UTnKA8G.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

@Laebeth
    I truly love your builds. Browsing your screen shots is like getting glimpses into this gorgeous alternate universe. Today is the first time I saw the new room. The baby room is so beautiful. <3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello :) I have been posting about each of your rooms on the Room Challenge thread, so I won't repost them here again, because it would be a lengthy post! It is always so very nice looking at the very creative rooms that you create for the themes!
    Congratulations again on Hospitably Awaiting being favourited by Maxis! :) That is exciting!
    Oh of course, no need to repost them here @rosemow <3

Thank you very much for the congrats, and for keeping the challenge going! It's lots of fun :blush:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    I must say, I'm really glad you went with the historic theme on the royal bedroom. It really gives the build character, and I love that sort of thing.

The hospital waiting room is pretty cool! The nurse's station is a definite must, of course, because that's how hospital waiting rooms work; the children's play area and the coffee counter are luxurious extras, but very welcome. Altogether, they show that you've given some thought to the experience of your space, and I seem to recall saying something like that to you once before....

The two nurseries ... ah, nice contrast. The gargoyle looming over the bassinet is really dramatic, and I think you've really captured the mood there. Even so, I'm not sure I can decide if I like one more than the other ... but I do think you should consider building a house to contain both of them!
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis fave @Laebeth very happy for you <3 I love your nursery room but my favorite is the The Vampire Heiress I love the eerie feeling to it I'll give you a little tip if you change the colour of the lights that is magic and makes it more eerie to it and spooky if you like that kind of look I have done a very haunted house it's very scary I dare you enter :D if you do the haunted house is my Fun And Thrills Park there is a fireplace you need to light it up with your sim to see the effect in the Haunted House :D:) have fun if you want to

A Fairy Princess is beautiful and pretty love the playpen I have never done a Fairy room before this looks very lovely <3 you just gave me some ideas just in case if I have to do one in my room challenge from cbear's rooms :)
    @Laebeth grats on Maxis fave for your Hospitality Waiting. Nifty! I didn't see the Vampire Heiress room when I was here last. I'm blown away. Wow. The gargoyle looking down is so darned perfect. Everything about this room is terrific. I think honestly this is my favorite room build I've seen since I've joined, not just of your builds which are all at the top but just overall. I love this so much.
    @Xinqun Thanks! You know, it was a lot of fun to try and keep the bedroom true to the time rather than "I just decorated my house to look medieval". haha! And regarding the hospital waiting room, I did in fact put some thought into it yes, and you did say the same thing about my bowling alley... :wink: Now, the nurseries, I don't actually know which one I prefer myself. I love them for different reasons. Ahh, I will definitely think about houses for them, I'd probably attempt the Fairy one first, as I have a Vampire house already. But you know, so many planned projects, so little time! I'll keep it on the list though :)

@chips46 Thank you so much sweetheart! You know, I do know it's possible to change the lights, but didn't think to do it for the Vampire room. I will definitely keep that in mind going forward, and try out more stuff with lighting :) You somewhat inspired that room actually, the gargoyle overlooking the crib was something I thought about because of your room with the gargoyle over the fireplace! :) I'll have to check your gallery out to have a look, sounds cool! And I'm glad you have some ideas for your next challenge. I get so many ideas from others, so it makes me happy others get ideas from me too <3

@Jazztizz Thank you sweets, yeah I think I posted the Vampire room at the same time you posted :p Thank you for the congrats! And I'm glad you like it, and wow, what a compliment that you love it more than anything you've seen so far! I'm honored :) Also, thank you very much for the extra nomination, that's so sweet of you!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    @Laebeth all your rooms are beautiful.
    I love how the royal bedroom looks like it came straight out of the medieval times.
    The hospital waiting room looks very realistic.
    The fairy princes nursery is just magical! So pretty!
    Love the vampire themes nursery. The statue over the crib looks creepy. Love it!

• onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    @Laebeth all of your rooms are beautiful! Really nice work on the "Hospitably awaiting" challenge! The attention to detail, particularly in the tea/concessions area... I know putting those mugs meticulously on the shelf was not easy! Great work. :smiley:
    @illusie Thank you sweetie <3 Appreciate you stopping by!

@onehummingbird Awww thank you <3 Yep, those mugs did take some time, that and trying to find the right mugs to. I tend to spend quite some time on small details, so for someone to take notice means a lot :blush:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    Whew, I haven't visited this showcase in a while, so many new and wonderful rooms!

I really like the dichotomy between the fairy and vampire nursery / bedrooms, certainly is an interesting concept to have different rooms that can both function independently and to complement each other.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    I loved your nurseries! What a fun idea to make lighter and darker that are related!