Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A build I would like to share

SandpitturtleSandpitturtle Posts: 171 Member
Hey there Simmers.

I just finished a skeleton (Unfurnished) build that I'd like to share with you and perhaps get your opinions / ideas. It's called Stoneheath Cottage.
It was done today in Dragon Valley, lot used was a 20x30 called 9 Mirtle Manor I think. I chose this area because it's surroundings and vicinity looked like such a perfect hideaway whilst being close enough to venues. To me on my first glance of Dragon Valley even though I haven't essentially played yet as I've just been creating, was that it is Medevil Fantasy themed and I began to gleefully fall for it. Which is very rare for me to feel in my given situation. I also intended to use more of Supernatural bringing magic and mystery haha.

So with bearing this in mind I thought of a certain theme and stuck with it. This was to create a compact build due to the lot size following a cottage sort of feel. My first thoughts were to make it out of wood but I felt that stone would be more pleasing to look at and quite quaint. I knew I also needed an old fashioned roof and couldn't go wrong with Thatch. I felt this pretty fitting for this time era.
I also wanted to use more CAW items like flowers, shrubs, tress as I made the mistake of ignoring these in previous creations, as few as they are, and realised the impact these items can actually have. My other reason was that the surrounding area had nice clusters of trees and I thought it would be great to try to build upon that nature.

Hopefully there is enough space for basic sim needs if players wish to use it. I added a basement to help add that much needed space without shrinking the lot and I think all in all I've finished it with around six rooms to customise to what ever you like. My intentions was a large kitchen come dining area, living quarters, basement for what ever my sim needed, a study / quiet area, two bedrooms and a washroom.

I'm pretty worn out at this time of writing, think I probably spent the majority of the day which was like 9 hours on this and I just got lost within it which might explain the price tag, oopsie.

But yeah, I think that's all that I'd like to say and I welcome any opinions or thoughts on the build. It would be nice hearing it so I can learn more etc.

Below is a link to the lot and there should be some photos to view as well. Thank you for your time reading :)

This was only my third ever build so don't hold back :D

The Unfurnished Lot (65k): http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9080776

The Furnished Lot (125k): http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9081544

Thank you @rosemow for kindly letting me know that simmers can't actually view other sims photos in studio. I'll figure something out now before I have dinner so you guys can actually get a better idea of this build.

Okay I managed to figure something out for images, I used tinypic. Here is all images in the album: http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=xDroBU9Q+PSy1wl6wudmM4h4l5k2TGxc&page=1

Scroll down in this thread for some teasers.
Post edited by Sandpitturtle on

Comments

• Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    Hey :)
    I can't believe this is only your third build! I really like it, it looks so cozy and warm and kind of close to nature :) I can't give you any detailed feedback because I can't be bothered to open the Sims 3 right now. But from what I can see on the picture looks great! The roof could use some work though(roofs are difficult xD) you should try to join the roof pieces. I can't really explain how you do it, but they all have to look connected somehow. The rest is great! I would really like to see your furnished version of this, as soon as you feel the inspiration to do that :)
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @Sandpitturtle that's a great build! keep going you really have the knack :)
  • Options
    @lisalittlesimmer haha yup only my third, I don't want to upload my first as it is a very large box house, I totally under estimated the size of stuff :D Thank you for your kind words, the roof was definitely a bit fiddly to do as I didn't want areas to over hang much and trying to get that all to blend is something I need to learn :p I'll be seeing what furniture I have at my disposal and adding them later today so watch this space if you're interested. Hopefully the price tag won't go over 100k simoleons haha

@imdragonit Thank you! :) I do enjoy creating and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    It will be fun to watch you develop as a builder and so far you seem to be off to a great start. I don't know if you know yet, but there is a tool to make foundations diagonal so they don't peek out at the corners. Get yourself an account at a picture sharing site like Photobucket so you can share close up, detailed pics with us. What are your next plans for building? It is addictive isn't it!?
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

@Sandpitturtle ... You'll do fine as a builder ... It's a continual learning experience.
    I am glad you enjoyed the experience.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    @lisalittlesimmer and anyone else who was curious about the finished, furnished lot. Check the newly added link. I may have broke the bank a bit on this build but I think it was worth it. Pleased with the end result, as always any ideas, suggestions, tips, criticism or compliments are welcome. I'll get round to images when I have time.

Price tags are around 65k unfurnished and 125k Furnished.
  • Options
    ChickenfingermmChickenfingermm Posts: 57 New Member
    I didn't even read all of that lol
  • Options
    @lisalittlesimmer and anyone else who was curious about the finished, furnished lot. Check the newly added link. I may have broke the bank a bit on this build but I think it was worth it. Pleased with the end result, as always any ideas, suggestions, tips, criticism or compliments are welcome. I'll get round to images when I have time.

Price tags are around 65k unfurnished and 125k Furnished.

There are some tools and processes that make your work easier to view.

I could give you a long list of options/suggestions ... But none of them are completely necessary.
    Instead ... You may want to visit the Creative Corner/Builders forums and see how others present.

There is also a UIC (Upload Image Changer) that you can use to change the images on your uploaded builds.
    Here is a link to a UIC from Zindasgoldensims ... It isn't necessary ... But it does help sometimes.

Anyway ... Just have fun and your build looks very good.

• Options
    Thank you for that @BlackSand I'll take a look when I can and I did not even know there was a creative corner :0 Hence why I posted here haha

Also fellow simmers, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. I have just finished taking photos for the furnished version of the lot and they should be in my gallery very shortly. Feel free take a look and I hope you enjoy :)
  • Options
    Thank you for that @BlackSand I'll take a look when I can and I did not even know there was a creative corner :0 Hence why I posted here haha

Also fellow simmers, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. I have just finished taking photos for the furnished version of the lot and they should be in my gallery very shortly. Feel free take a look and I hope you enjoy :)

@Sandpitturtle ... It is fine to post your stuff here as far as I am concerned.
    Share and share alike ... I don't know how busy the Creative Corner has been anyway.

• Options
    1zdyzvp.jpg

bf2nww.jpg

24pba5t.jpg

2gy8yvt.jpg

n7198w.jpg

2zycx1f.jpg

Teasers for the Unfurnished Lot Version.
  • Options
    25jl1ee.jpg

350l2sj.jpg

2vuwt9v.jpg

1z3cxo6.jpg

2nvs281.jpg

29e50sg.jpg

2w1sej6.jpg

2eyjixk.jpg

110caq1.jpg

2w4js44.jpg

24ctdub.jpg

ax0enl.jpg

k0oolw.jpg

2ywuvef.jpg

30tnlex.jpg

25h1kir.jpg

Teasers for Furnished Lot Version.
  • Options
    Very Nice ... I like the bathroom and dining rooms a lot.