Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jazztizz Showcase

Comments

• CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Yay, so glad to hear your granddaughter loved the video as well! <3 And wow, thank you for the awesome compliment, glad to do my bit to keep your inspired! :smile: Wonderful videos made from the Sims 2 and love the Neutra house you built, never knew builds like that were possible in Sims 2. As for me, Sims 2 was all about the gameplay (same as Sims 1, though I did love Sims 2 more), I hardly spend any time in CAS or build mode, it was playing the game that kept me coming back for more. I also never got involved with the community back then, that only happened halfway through Sims 3. So I had no idea there was a forum for the game back then, let alone with building challenges, it's awesome to hear you're still in touch with people you met back then, very cool. B)
  • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    Corwim wrote: »
    Yay, so glad to hear your granddaughter loved the video as well! <3 And wow, thank you for the awesome compliment, glad to do my bit to keep your inspired! :smile: Wonderful videos made from the Sims 2 and love the Neutra house you built, never knew builds like that were possible in Sims 2. As for me, Sims 2 was all about the gameplay (same as Sims 1, though I did love Sims 2 more), I hardly spend any time in CAS or build mode, it was playing the game that kept me coming back for more. I also never got involved with the community back then, that only happened halfway through Sims 3. So I had no idea there was a forum for the game back then, let alone with building challenges, it's awesome to hear you're still in touch with people you met back then, very cool. B)

@Corwim thanks for your visit. Really happy you like the Neutra House. Can't wait to try building that in TS4. I loved the gameplay in TS1 and TS2 too. TS1 my first family I played for over 100 days straight and never moved (I mean sims days heh). Did you ever do that? Such a cool surprise. I had a huge crush (have) on Will Wright. ^_^ I almost always put his big stone statue in my neighborhood in TS2. I'm glad you got involved in the community! You are a BRIGHT light. *hugs*
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
    TS2 Videos

5. Boot Scootin' Boogie (Sims in TS2 dancing)

Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
    edited April 2017
    TS2 Videos

Made for some of my favorite folks on the GMC for the Time Travel Challenge. Installment 1 of 4: GMCollege Freshmen. Music "Friends" by Joe Satriani and "The Way You Look Tonight" by Elton John.
    ROOMS

Royal Rocket Room
    Queen J'xi and King Kan will soon be guests aboard my smuggler's rocket ship. She hollowed out a cargo bay and fixed it up. The royals are being smuggled from their planet to escape a time-jumping bounty hunter. Again. #oneroomoneweekonetheme challenge quick last-minute entry. ♥. #zevath

This really is a room from my Rocket House.

pmWfiaj.jpg
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Nice showcase @Jazztizz! Love the organization of your first page. It's kind of like a memory book, with your TS2 videos. :) Love Evanescence! I haven't listened to her in so long... Love the video with Grim playing the wicked guitar, for the chorus! Cool simmies too! I think my favorite is Grammy Miami. Love that name!

I'm so glad to hear that Evie enjoyed her video and had a nice birthday. :smile:
    Nice showcase @Jazztizz! Love the organization of your first page. It's kind of like a memory book, with your TS2 videos. :) Love Evanescence! I haven't listened to her in so long... Love the video with Grim playing the wicked guitar, for the chorus! Cool simmies too! I think my favorite is Grammy Miami. Love that name!

I'm so glad to hear that Evie enjoyed her video and had a nice birthday. :smile:

Aw thank you @WrathofCath for stopping by. I really appreciate it. I like that title - Memory Book. I still have pix from my TS1 Superstars created for friends there. So HMM! I might include those too. =) Thanks re Grammy. It rhymed then I realized: Mi Ami / Miami which works. I'm friends with her now but we were enemies for most of my life. Glad THAT's over. =)
    edited April 2017
    ROOMS

Sanctuary Alcove

Info
    #oneroomoneweekonetheme #waitingroom for #rosemow's #buildingchallenge #nocc #simtested - A room for families to rest while their loved ones are being healed. The children's alcove was inspired by a build for this challenge by an 11-yr old creator's daughter. She included space exactly right for kids. My youngest son & I spent a lot of time in hospitals for the first ten years of his life. We always took Clark (his teddy bear). Clark loved to listen and entertain my son/other kids. ♥ #zevath (INFO p2) This room is meant to go with an open porch. Landscaped grounds and lot coming soon.

PIX
    jBdB2Uf.png

q8r8sGk.png

cUbDRPy.png

ZhNrGHH.png

iohsh0b.png

Vn6QyN9.png

upNKDg3.png

fqzyF3a.png

_______
    This build was based on this beautiful space, a healing sanctuary in Melbourne.

dExZTG9.jpg
    Post edited by Jazztizz on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    I will repost here what I wrote on the room challenge thread.
    Sanctuary Alcove is such a very peaceful and soothing room! :) The white colour scheme is very restful.Very nice sofa seats sitting nook! It looks very nice how you have used the fireplace and placed the greenery where the fire usually is. The candles on the fireplace ledge,the doves of peace on the wall and the lit white trees are very pretty! Sims will enjoy just sitting resting on the sofas there. The patterned flooring looks nice, and the white flowers are a nice touch on the coffee table. The kids special reading nook is so very nice! The teddy themed chairs there look very cute! Kids will enjoy sitting on the chairs reading a book. The Clark m big teddy , looks cute between the bookshelves! The doll is very pretty! The baby shoes are a nice touch on the wall. It looks very nice how you have used the patterned wall dividers to separate off the room areas. Very nice refreshments nook! Sims will enjoy making themselves a cup of tea or coffee, and getting a snack from the fridge. Very nice windows dining table nook! Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in on to them as they drink and eat there. The type of seating used complements with the rest of the room so very well! The fish are a nice touch over the windows. The type of windows used looks very nice.The walls texture gives a nice feel to the room .
    It is such a calming restful waiting room! The name "Sanctuary" suits it well. Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)

I am sorry to hear that your son had health issues when young. It would have been a very concerning time for you, seeing your loved son unwell. It was very special that Clark the teddy helped him endure through the hospital visits <3
    @Rosemow I really appreciate your detailed reviews. As I read what you have written, I feel like you can magically also become a Sim to spend time in my room enjoying it. You notice everything. It's such a lovely gift. Thank you. <3

Re my son, thanks very much. My son's all grown up now and in good health. We're very close and he still thinks Clark is kinda cool. =)
    edited April 2017
    TS3 GAMEPLAY CHALLENGES

Big Brother Challenge
    wLMNKRQ.jpg
    This random awful sim was I think mean, childish and ambitious.

TS3 CAS CHALLENGE

Jet Li <3
    jetli2_zpsdce3828a.jpg

I think he was more a genetic sim discovery rather than an actual CAS.

TS3 PHOTOS

TS3 Lifetime Aspiration Icons

2. TS3 Screen Shots
    Fi6WXPo.jpg
    edited April 2017
    TS2 LINKS

I only have three really so I'll keep these all on one post.

TS2 Website
    Jazztizz Google TS2 Website & TS2 Youtube Playlist - Gallery Link
    Includes "Eluding Erebus" CAS and build invitation for Eluding Erebus.

TS2 Pinterest Page
    Jazztizz Pinterest Page - Gallery Link

TS2 Photobucket Pix
    Tizz_Simpix (includes TS3)

J4PMZRE.jpg
    Starring Bob Newbie. I <3 Jeff Bridges and, if he ever sees this, I hope he doesn't get offended. I made it just for fun. Kind of looks like good ole' Bob huh? =)
    edited May 2017
    TS1 CREATIONS

TS1 BUILDING CONTESTS

Unofficial Pick of the Week
    by UPotW (jazztizz). Weekly building contest. Winner included a walk-thru of their lot and detailed comments. I'd love to reprise this using video instead of text on the forum so that I can get better at making videos. I did this for TS2 on the GMC thread also. RSN especially appreciated how much I loved his creations Great fun. Miss him so much. Love shining a light on beautiful creations and still do!

TS1 CAS HOMAGE HOUSEHOLDS
    Pix/TS4 versions coming soon. With CAS/posing on TS1 I learned a lot from Skacey - miss that girl. My names were Jazztizz (I think that was one of my names). Others were Table_Dancing, UPotW and Henry Higgins
    • Superstars
    • Hot Dates

TS1 BUILDING CHALLENGES
    Coming soon for TS4

Minis Tirith

Gus and Cal’s House – Montana (for Lonesome Dove fanfic)

Starview Diner

O’Toole’s Billiard Hall

Sullivan House 1920 (for Meg Smith series stories)

TS1 STORIES
    Coming soon for TS4

Meg Smith and the Case of the Missing Spinning Wheel – Parts 1-7
    A time-travel adventure through the jazz age. Based on a true love story (my grandparents’)

Shelly Dova – My Life So Far
    College freshman falls in love for the first time, but her college has strict rules. Will the romance survive? (Based on a true story.)

MLSF6.jpg

The Fae Sisters
    Aka “The Malapropos Sisters.” Based on a true story.

Your Number One Fan
    A Story about a Clown and Stephen Kingsim (Fanfic)

semitrue.jpg

18a.jpg

edited April 2017
    TS2 Building Challenge

Priory of the Nine
    My Oblivion Fan Build - TS2. Best rogue quests ever.
    9.jpg
    Priory1.jpg
    p3.jpg
    priory2.jpg
    10.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    7.jpg

edited April 2017
    TS1 Tributes
    Everything I learned about TS1 Sim posing I learned from Skacey. Miss you girl wherever you are. <3
    Skacey NYC
    skaceybday.jpg
    skaceybdayhalf.jpg
    ilnyskacey.jpg

Skacey Anime
    skaceyhirucloseup.jpg
    skaceyhiru.jpg

Sara Cinderella (daughter)
    saraheadfullforalbum.jpg
    sarafullforalbum.jpg

Peggy Fire
    peggyhead.jpg
    peggybodyalbum.jpg

Violet Kitty
    violetkitty_large.jpg
    violetlarge2.jpg

Wacey
    waceybodyfull.jpg
    waceyhead.jpg

Trollie's Holiday
    trolliebdaylarge.jpg
    trollielargehead.jpg

SLS Paris
    slsbdayface.jpg
    SLSbody.jpg

Skacey Sunset
    skaceysunset.jpg

Summer Garden
    summerhead.jpg
    summer.jpg

Me and Miles
    micheleandmiles.jpg
    michelekindablue.jpg

Allie NYC
    allie_esb.jpg
    allie_rockefeller.jpg

Allie 2 Disco
    allie2_head.jpg

Caleb TR
    caleb_body.jpg
    caleb_body2.jpg

Ginger Sunset
    GINGERHEADALBUM.jpg
    gingeralbum.jpg

Joe (son)
    Maffordhead.jpg
    Mafford.jpg

Dude Astros
    dude.jpg

Kat Beach
    katheadalbum.jpg
    katbody.jpg

Lady Spanelli Florence
    ladyspanelli_for_album.jpg
    ladyspenelli_body.jpg
    ladyspanelli_albumsize.jpg

Jean Grey
    jeanbodyalbum.jpg
    jeanalbumhead.jpg

Hobbsee Cityscape
    hobbseeheadalbum.jpg
    hobbseebodyalbum.jpg
    edited April 2017
    1.jpg
    Sim Museum TS2
    Sanctuary Alcove is a beautiful and tranquil room! The pond off the porch is divine. Love the little niche you created for the kids to hang out and wait in. The RL healing sanctuary is Gorgeous! So tranquil and serene. Love that your son had Clark with him to help both himself and the other kids! So happy to hear he still thinks Clark is cool! B)

Nice to see you've added some more memories from TS2 and have a spot TS1! I've been playing since way back then too but I didn't get involved with the forums till late in S3, when I started building. Before that, I was strictly a player. But once I started to build, I became addicted to that aspect and it completely took over my game playing. Now I only play enough to test each build and make sure everything (hopefully) works. Hope you have a nice weekend! :blush:

Sanctuary Alcove is a beautiful and tranquil room! The pond off the porch is divine. Love the little niche you created for the kids to hang out and wait in. The RL healing sanctuary is Gorgeous! So tranquil and serene. Love that your son had Clark with him to help both himself and the other kids! So happy to hear he still thinks Clark is cool! B)

Nice to see you've added some more memories from TS2 and have a spot TS1! I've been playing since way back then too but I didn't get involved with the forums till late in S3, when I started building. Before that, I was strictly a player. But once I started to build, I became addicted to that aspect and it completely took over my game playing. Now I only play enough to test each build and make sure everything (hopefully) works. Hope you have a nice weekend! :blush:

Thanks so much for coming by my thread to comment on my new build. I really appreciate that @WrathofCath ! = ) That RL sanctuary photo oh! I know. I loved that beautiful place when I saw it. I want to live there. ^_^

Re Clark thanks hehe yeah. Clark is a family member.

I'm very glad you got into the forums. I love talking to other simmers, but all through TS3 I was disconnected from it because I felt I was overdoing it a little bit and trying to get my life in balance. So I played, and even joined the new forum way back then (Manfrengensenden) but never spoke here until late February of this year. It was a tough day and, you know, sometimes you just feel like you need to connect without RL stuff coming into it? So I signed up. I was nervous!

When I first joined, I tried a few threads but some moved so fast I couldn't keep up. Then I found @Rosemow 's room thread and was so touched by her detailed walkthroughs and how beautifully she hosts that thread. I felt her warm welcome and yours and several of the people there. I love love love seeing new builds on that thread, the theme. It really does feel like we show each other our hearts a little bit when we create together. Co-creators my mentor calls it. I'm a co-creator at ServiceSpace.org but taking a break until all healed up. This time of recovery is perfect and guilt free. I get to relax and heal through creativity and connection! =)

Sooo I have to ask, very curious since I saw your name, why is Cath filled with wrath? *smile*

I hope you have a great weekend too! = )
    Hahaha! I had to laugh about your wondering about the "wrath"! :D I chose it mostly because it rhymes with Cath, although I am the oldest of six kids, so.... maybe a little wrath? No seriously, I am a total whimp. I hate confrontations and people being upset with one another. Told ya... whimp. :p

As far as 'trying to keep up' with the forums, I sometimes have trouble with this one. I spend most of my free time building in game, and not too much over here. Sometimes when I've been away from the forum for too long, I find it totally overwhelming to I see how much catching up I have to do. Then I end up just putting it off some more and... well you get the picture. I'm especially bad during the winter. I turn into such a ground slug. But with Spring finally arriving here, I feel much better.

I Love Rose's challenges too! I love that there's no pressure and no "winner". It's just "fun". And Rose is an absolute delight! I swear I don't know how she manages all her comments! She's SO thorough in her look at everything too. She's definitely a marvel. :smile:

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you feel completely yourself, very soon. Enjoy every second of your recouping time, having fun! Take care Tizz! :)<3
    Hahaha! I had to laugh about your wondering about the "wrath"! :D I chose it mostly because it rhymes with Cath, although I am the oldest of six kids, so.... maybe a little wrath? No seriously, I am a total whimp. I hate confrontations and people being upset with one another. Told ya... whimp. :p

As far as 'trying to keep up' with the forums, I sometimes have trouble with this one. I spend most of my free time building in game, and not too much over here. Sometimes when I've been away from the forum for too long, I find it totally overwhelming to I see how much catching up I have to do. Then I end up just putting it off some more and... well you get the picture. I'm especially bad during the winter. I turn into such a ground slug. But with Spring finally arriving here, I feel much better.

I Love Rose's challenges too! I love that there's no pressure and no "winner". It's just "fun". And Rose is an absolute delight! I swear I don't know how she manages all her comments! She's SO thorough in her look at everything too. She's definitely a marvel. :smile:

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you feel completely yourself, very soon. Enjoy every second of your recouping time, having fun! Take care Tizz! :)<3

@WrathofCath

Hey!
    I awesomed your comment. = ) Me and Dean Winchester. <3 ^_^ Everything is awesome. For real though. <3

Me too re whimp. Give peace a chance. *begs* I told @laebth my Masters is in hiding but my Doctorate will be in kicking plum. (I wrote "plum" rather than wait for the filters to do so, and now I have an image of this entirely new way to make plum wine.).

Oh I miss wine making and all the fun things you could do in TS2 & 3. I loved the gameplay of Ts3 especially. Traveling. Do you have any travel packs (if they are such a thing?). If so what do you think?

I agree with you absolutely about our @Rosemow and appreciate her very much. Are we embarrassing you Rose? <3

Thank you Cath for your good wishes. I definitely will and have lots of love and support here. My mom's coming to stay directly after surgery and I have my husband and youngest son at home too. Very grateful every day.
    TS1 STORIES

The Fae Sisters
    N1fYLiG.jpg
    Based On a Series of True (Family) Stories

edited May 2017
    TS2 Sim Karaoke Song - Lyrics Rewrite

I love the TS2 karaoke songs. This is the one that started out

♪ Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
    ♪ Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
    ♪ mmm, mmm

I Was Alone, There You Found Me
    Starring Rowdy & Family
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Thank you so much for your kind words @Jazztizz ! :smile: I'm pretty sure I never actually moved my families around in Sims 1 lol, I always picked out one of the biggest available lots, started out very small, and then build up there house when the money came in. Again, wasn't much of a builder back then, mostly making boxy rooms with (when they were rich) the most luxurious furniture in there. :smiley:

It is so much fun you are sharing all your previous game and building experiences with us in your showcase, it really takes me back to my own memories of the earlier Sims games. Unfortunately I didn't keep any of the screenshots or families I made from back then. All I have left is what I've uploaded to the Sims 3 exchange, and then my screenshots from Sims 4 now. Looking at your creations, really wished I had the hindsight back then to preserve more. :smile:

Oh, and I totally understand about the keeping up with the forum issues hehe, I'm not very good at it, and yes, it's a bit overwhelming at times, but in the end we're all here to share and have fun and I think we're all managing that just fine. B)
    Wishing you the best of luck with your upcoming surgery @jazztizz. I wasn't sure if it had already taken place and you were in the recovery stage or not. I hope things go as smoothly as possible and you heal super quick. :blush:

I did have the destination venues from all the games and I too, enjoyed sending my sims on holiday. Back then, I mostly just played, till the building bug bit me. Now that seems to be a thing of the past. Maybe one of these days I really will set aside some time to really try playing. :smile:
    edited May 2017
    Thank you so much for your kind words @Jazztizz ! :smile: I'm pretty sure I never actually moved my families around in Sims 1 lol, I always picked out one of the biggest available lots, started out very small, and then build up there house when the money came in. Again, wasn't much of a builder back then, mostly making boxy rooms with (when they were rich) the most luxurious furniture in there. :smiley:

Hey @Corwim
    Oh I know what you mean! If my box (house) had a door and a window I was happy and sometimes I forgot about the window. Definitely best furniture. I remember saving and saving and saving for the one thing I wanted above all -- a dance cage! :lol:
    It is so much fun you are sharing all your previous game and building experiences with us in your showcase, it really takes me back to my own memories of the earlier Sims games. Unfortunately I didn't keep any of the screenshots or families I made from back then. All I have left is what I've uploaded to the Sims 3 exchange, and then my screenshots from Sims 4 now. Looking at your creations, really wished I had the hindsight back then to preserve more. :smile:

I lost a lot when they made the TS1 and TS2 sites unavailable. On TS1 for the first time I started sharing stories and had so many. TS2 as well a bit. These are a fraction of what I made.

I actually have a few reasons for posting old content on my showcase. First, I'm hoping to connect with friends from then. MacBraveheart kept a us connected through the GMC -- most of us -- but some I haven't seen since 2000 or so. Another reason for sharing is it's fun to talk about Sims no matter what expansion. Third reason is, I want to recreate these in TS4.

The CAS and architecture tools are so advanced and the creations I'm seeing all over the forums and in the gallery really inspire me. @Corwim I get such a kick of seeing your CAS folks, especially when I'm playing and get those notices. I love the little bios you do. (I'll put this on your page too.) One I remember is from the Italian CAS challenge, such a gorgeous interesting sim. I can so see him as the hero of a romance novel (and actually started writing it in my head lol except I can't do romance. I get too wigged out writing plum scenes heh). So I want to recreate these sims and builds, especially during these months of doc-enforced down time.

One other reason is it's nice to have a place to keep all my sim stuff in a place connected to others who love the Sims.
    Oh, and I totally understand about the keeping up with the forum issues hehe, I'm not very good at it, and yes, it's a bit overwhelming at times, but in the end we're all here to share and have fun and I think we're all managing that just fine. B)

Yes definitely having fun! =) *hugs* Thanks so much for stopping by. =)