March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

cursor glitch in cas on mac

when i enter cas i'll hover over the sim and it starts freaking out and highlighting all over the body and then it won't let me stop highlighting the body so i can rotate the sim. i'm not sure if i'm explaining it that well ? but i've looked for solutions and none of them worked. (playing with no mods, repairing the game, resetting the sims 4 folder, tried a different mouse, etc) and i'm pretty sure this is just a mac issue because i've searched and searched and found like 4 other people who have this problem and they were all on mac lol. this issue was really all of a sudden, too; my game had worked a while ago and now its glitching out, but i assume it has something to do with the update because i just updated the sims hahah. hopefully someone finds a solution or ea fixes the bug :)

here are my specs:

macOS Sierra
version 10.12.4
MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
tumblr_nsyr7fdhfz1qeekseo1_500.gif

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    A couple of others have reported this too over at AHQ - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Sims-4-CAS-cursor-glitch/td-p/6006322/highlight/false

I'm going to copy your specs. over to that thread and hope others post too :)
    apple-signature.png
    edited April 2017
    when i enter cas i'll hover over the sim and it starts freaking out and highlighting all over the body and then it won't let me stop highlighting the body so i can rotate the sim. i'm not sure if i'm explaining it that well ? but i've looked for solutions and none of them worked. (playing with no mods, repairing the game, resetting the sims 4 folder, tried a different mouse, etc) and i'm pretty sure this is just a mac issue because i've searched and searched and found like 4 other people who have this problem and they were all on mac lol. this issue was really all of a sudden, too; my game had worked a while ago and now its glitching out, but i assume it has something to do with the update because i just updated the sims hahah. hopefully someone finds a solution or ea fixes the bug :)

here are my specs:

macOS Sierra
    version 10.12.4

Did this happen after you updated Sierra to 12.4? What add on packs do you have installed?

apple-signature.png
  • PoooksterLOVEPoooksterLOVE Posts: 161 Member

here are my specs:

macOS Sierra
    version 10.12.4

Did this happen after you updated Sierra to 12.4? What add on packs do you have installed?

Thank you ! And I'm not sure if after updating that's when the problem started because I hadn't played in a long time before updating, but a few days after updating I decided to go back on and play and that's when I noticed it so it could have been after the update or in the time between me not playing and updating to 12.4
  • PoooksterLOVEPoooksterLOVE Posts: 161 Member

here are my specs:

macOS Sierra
    version 10.12.4

ahh just realized I didn't tell you the packs I have:

Game Packs:
    Vampires
    Dine Out
    Spa Day
    Outdoor Retreat

Expansion Packs:
    City Live
    Get Together
    & Get to Work

Stuff Packs:
    Cool Kitchen Stuff
    Perfect Patio Stuff
  • AilovepandasAilovepandas Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm not able to make my own thread yet, but I can second this glitch. No matter where my mouse is while in CAS, it will always light up a section of my sim (relative to where the mouse is vertically) unless I'm actively hovering over swatches.

I have macOS Sierra, tried both with and without mods/CC. I have all of the pack minus luxury path stuff and spooky stuff. My issue started around April, as well.
    I'm not able to make my own thread yet, but I can second this glitch. No matter where my mouse is while in CAS, it will always light up a section of my sim (relative to where the mouse is vertically) unless I'm actively hovering over swatches.

I have macOS Sierra, tried both with and without mods/CC. I have all of the pack minus luxury path stuff and spooky stuff. My issue started around April, as well.

Are you running 10.12.5?
    apple-signature.png
  • barley57barley57 Posts: 131 Member
    This is exact same thing is happening to me as well, here are my specs and packs.

macOS Sierra
    version 10.12.4
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13 inch, late 2013)
    Processor 2.6 GHz intel Core i5
    Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB

Expansions:
    City Living
    Get Together
    Get to Work

Game Packs:
    Parenthood
    Dine Out
    Spa Day
    Outdoor Retreat

Stuff Packs:
    All except for bowling, fitness, and luxury party
    origin id - barley57

kale is more than a vegetable :o

@thatSimmerHootowl 10.12.6 is the current version of macOS, you're running 10.12.4. Can you upgrade and see if it makes a difference?
    apple-signature.png
  • BlouPiesangBlouPiesang Posts: 1 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > @thatSimmerHootowl 10.12.6 is the current version of macOS, you're running 10.12.4. Can you upgrade and see if it makes a difference?

This fixed my game - thanks!
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    I upgraded my MacBook Pro to OS High Sierra (previously Yosemite) right before the big November patch. CAS has been acting funky for me too with highlighting stuff since I downloaded High Sierra. Is this still an issue for people? I see most of these responses were in July, but I thought I’d ask anyway.
  • flintylime59flintylime59 Posts: 70 Member
    > @Lyoufln said:
    > I upgraded my MacBook Pro to OS High Sierra (previously Yosemite) right before the big November patch. CAS has been acting funky for me too with highlighting stuff since I downloaded High Sierra. Is this still an issue for people? I see most of these responses were in July, but I thought I’d ask anyway.

I too just upgraded my MacBook Air to High Sierra yesterday, opened up CAS today and am having this issue. I have already been to this thread before because I was having the same issue. What fixed it for me the first time it happened was updating my OS. But because we're both completely up to date, I don't know what to do... :neutral:
    "Embrace your flaws, work on your flaws, and don't be ashamed of having any flaws."

-Felix Kjellberg
    Sorry, I typed that weird. I had this glitch a few months ago and saw this thread at the time and did the upgrade and it was fixed. But now it's back and I don't know what to do.
    "Embrace your flaws, work on your flaws, and don't be ashamed of having any flaws."

-Felix Kjellberg
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Have you tried repairing your game in Origin?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • bumb1ebeebumb1ebee Posts: 28 Member
    Mine is doing the same thing! At first I kind of ignored it but now it's becoming annoying.
    Again, have you tried to repair your game?
    edited January 2018
    I’ve repaired my game twice now and nothing has changed. I think we’ll have to wait for either another MacOS update or a Sims update to fix the issue.

This seems to be a reoccurring problem every time one or the other updates, so I hope the team sees this thread.

-Felix Kjellberg
    Do you have any CC or Mods in your game? This also could be causing the issues. Please make sure that all the CC or Mods are up to date before patching.