Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆ OneHummingbird's Showcase ☆ NEW: San Francisco Inn ☆

onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
RHyET6u.png

Hello fellow Simmers, and thanks for stopping by! I've been playing the Sims for over a decade, and building has always been my favorite activity. I'm now slowly building a showcase to share some of my recent creations with all of you. Stay tuned!

Click the photos for quick navigation.

FRjj23X.png
OaHK2oY.png

Post edited by onehummingbird on

Comments

• onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    edited May 2017
    Residential Lots

eAivVLM.png
    An Oasis in the Spring
    | 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Bathrooms

AIMyhnI.png
    Tidewater Abode
    | 4 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms

pUMmQ7y.png
    Mallory's Modern Starter
    | 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom

8Iw7W5w.png
    Casa del Rey
    | 6 Bedrooms, 6 Bathrooms

JzIZzyP.png
    Marine Minimalism
    | 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Bathrooms

s9vD5jw.png
    Eco Family Earthship | 2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms
    edited April 2017
    Rooms by onehummingbird - Coming Soon!
    edited April 2017
    Waterside Marketplace
    View Slideshow
    View Lot in the TS4 Gallery

Waterside Marketplace is a carefully-curated collection of community venues. It was meticulously designed to match the architectural style of the Spice District in San Myshuno. When placed on the Waterside Warble lot, its nearly seamless integration with the surrounding scenery provides a really fun game experience.

This lot includes four types of venues:
    • Cafe: Driftwood Cafe
    • Gym: Club Carbon
    • Daycare: City Sprouts
    • Restaurant: Edison Pizza
    I worked so hard designing this lot and tried to put many thoughtful touches throughout. But, it doesn't look great in the gallery photo and doesn't have many downloads at all. If you add this lot to your world, I'd love to know what fun your sims get into at Waterside Marketplace!

jGOYghl.png
    y5wAPhH.png

edited April 2017
    West Myshuno Rec Center
    View Slideshow

Located in the Spice District, West Myshuno Rec Center is one of San Myshuno's oldest buildings. Originally a peppercorn factory, the building now provides cheap but fun activities for the locals.

The outdoor area features both a pool and a full basketball court, while the interior has plenty of space for an impromptu dance party or casual get-together. Grab a taco from the mexican food stand downstairs, then head upstairs for the flea market or a quick game of chess.

Not everyone can afford an apartment in San Myshuno these days. The homeless shelters are full, so a few families of sims have built a temporary sanctuary behind West Myshuno Rec Center. Please be kind to the sims without homes!

yNKIerr.png
    jQKmLRF.png
    edited April 2017
    Astral Sugar Pop!
    View Slideshow

Sugar is the new honey. Astral Sugar Pop! Karaoke Bar is San Myshuno's newest karaoke bar, replacing Planet Honey Pop! in the Fashion District. Karaoke goers can enjoy 4 private karaoke rooms, each decorated in a unique candy color. Or, head to the rooftop for a karaoke contest! Hungry sims can enjoy bites at the bar, or venture to the 3rd floor cupcake bar.

xkGSXMz.png
    vhWsbBX.png
    edited April 2017
    The Stargazer Hotel
    View Slideshow

Visiting San Myshuno on a business trip? You won't find better accommodations than the Stargazer Hotel!

With nine rooms and a penthouse suite, this hotel can sleep up to 26 sims. One of the rooms has a toddler bed, perfect for families. Top spenders can book the Galileo Suite, which boasts two bedrooms, a balcony, and a private living/dining area.

Your luxury stay awaits... We look forward to seeing you soon at The Stargazer!

uD6Ol8d.jpg

edited April 2017
    An Oasis in the Spring
    View Slideshow

"An Oasis in the Spring" is a bit of a play on words. My inspiration for this build was the Okavango, a river delta in Africa that floods the desert with water once every year. For a short time, the desert becomes a lush grassland that sustains all life. I wanted to give the home owners the same feeling. They may be in an arid climate, but their backyard is a perpetual oasis.

This lot was built for Build n' Share Challenge 67: A Footprint in the Sand.

bO46luo.png
    w8XIjlp.png
    edited April 2017
    Tidewater Abode
    View Slideshow

Tidewater Abode is a spacious yet cozy family home with everything you expect from a coastal Southern home - and more. The house sits atop a foundation to allow water to flow underneath, a feature typical of traditional lowcountry/tidewater homes. The space beneath the home also serves as a carport and provides a shaded area for a small pool and outdoor shower.

The exterior of the home features a wraparound porch and screened-in back porch, both perfect for enjoying hot days. The split front stairway and fishing pond add curb appeal, and the view from the front porch is absolutely unbeatable.

Tidewater Abode is the perfect place for any sim looking for great views, charming Southern decor in soft colors, and a lot of bang for their buck!

lQkqS1Q.png
    PTJHZLW.png
    edited April 2017
    Mallory's Modern Starter
    View Slideshow

This is a charming, modern industrial starter home with brick accents and an urban/bohemian feel. For exactly $20k, you get 2 bedrooms AND a home office! Perfect for a sim in a social media or journalism career!

Y3AWCKv.png
    QG0LTNG.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    I am not sure if it okay to post here as you are in the midst of setting up your showcase thread. I will remove the post if you would prefer. I just wanted to say that it is very great that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds! :) Each of the builds are so very nice! Very nice designs of the exteriors and the furnishing of the interiors look so very nice! Very nice presentation of the builds both in the thread and with the descriptions of the photos in the slideshow! You have built, furnished, landscaped and showcased the builds so well! :)
    Happy building! :)
    @rosemow thank you so much! I am still working on the showcase but I really appreciate your comment, no need to remove it! :smiley:
    edited April 2017
    Casa del Rey
    View Slideshow

Casa del Rey is a massive Mediterranean mansion that features 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a pool, hedge maze, gym, theater, and more. This is a nice party venue, and a great lot for Sims looking for a little luxury in Oasis Springs.

This was one of my first TS4 builds. I believe that my building has improved since the original build! You'll find two versions of this lot in my gallery. The updated version features an upgraded home theater, better bedrooms, and improved landscaping.

NkpNskW.png
    2QMkLpY.png
    edited April 2017
    Marine Minimalism
    View Slideshow

This lot was built for Build n' Share Challenge 66: Somewhere. The challenge was to create an ultramodern, minimalist home for a family of artists with twins.

When I think of minimalism in architecture, I'm reminded of the philosophy that "the best design is invisible." With that in mind, I set out to create an ultramodern home that would almost disappear into the landscape. Being inside this home would very much feel like you're one with the elements. The placement of windows, furnishings, and floor and wall treatments were selected accordingly. Even the chosen artwork intends to be in harmony with the surrounding seascape. For further details, please read the captions in my slideshow!

2VKGGcz.jpg
    fIABzSj.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @onehummingbird congrats on the showcase thread! You have such an array of great lots which cover so many different types of architectural styles; it's quite an accomplishment to be able to do such variety well. It's wonderful to be see all of them in one place. I also wanted to say that I love your latest An Oasis in the Spring. It is a great creative concept well executed. You can see the influence of the Okavango with the deserty colors contrasted with the lush greenery and pond. Love it!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yay! I already bookmarked this while you were setting it up last night :blush:

So great that you have (finally! haha) set up your own showcase, as you have so many wonderful builds! I've loved your style since I saw Waterside Marketplace, and that is still a really special build to me, so clever! <3

Look forward to seeing many more creative lots coming in the future! You have so much talent :)

(tihiii, glad my nagging got you to finally set it up!)

Edit: Btw, I love how you have done your introduction and index page! It looks so great! I'm taking notes, maybe I'll have to sprinkle some pezazz on my own showcase in the future... :wink:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello :) I have added your showcase thread link to the Showcase links thread links
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793638/showcase-links-thread#latest

Just a very little thing. The slideshow link for Waterside Marketplace doesn't link to imgur

Thank you for catching this, @rosemow. I will update it this morning!
    lsnishi wrote: »
    @onehummingbird congrats on the showcase thread! You have such an array of great lots which cover so many different types of architectural styles; it's quite an accomplishment to be able to do such variety well. It's wonderful to be see all of them in one place. I also wanted to say that I love your latest An Oasis in the Spring. It is a great creative concept well executed. You can see the influence of the Okavango with the deserty colors contrasted with the lush greenery and pond. Love it!

@lsnishi many thanks for stopping by and for your kind words!
    Laebeth wrote: »
    Yay! I already bookmarked this while you were setting it up last night :blush:

So great that you have (finally! haha) set up your own showcase, as you have so many wonderful builds! I've loved your style since I saw Waterside Marketplace, and that is still a really special build to me, so clever! <3

Look forward to seeing many more creative lots coming in the future! You have so much talent :)

(tihiii, glad my nagging got you to finally set it up!)

Edit: Btw, I love how you have done your introduction and index page! It looks so great! I'm taking notes, maybe I'll have to sprinkle some pezazz on my own showcase in the future... :wink:

@Laebeth thanks again for your gentle but persistent encouragement! :wink: Really glad you got me to do this!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Fantastic new showcase, really enjoyed browsing through your beautiful builds. Absolutely love the décor of The Stargazer Hotel, the history behind An Oasis in the Spring has transpired into this stunning build and Marine Minimalism takes me right into Summer with this superb design :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Gorgeous showcase! You have such a wonderful variety of styles and I Love each of them. I am especially taken with Tidewater Abode. So Pretty! I wish I could reserve a week or two there. :blush:
    masajo wrote: »
    Fantastic new showcase, really enjoyed browsing through your beautiful builds. Absolutely love the décor of The Stargazer Hotel, the history behind An Oasis in the Spring has transpired into this stunning build and Marine Minimalism takes me right into Summer with this superb design :)

@masajo Thank you stopping by and for your kind words!
    Gorgeous showcase! You have such a wonderful variety of styles and I Love each of them. I am especially taken with Tidewater Abode. So Pretty! I wish I could reserve a week or two there. :blush:

@WrathofCath I so appreciate you taking a look at my builds, and for your kind feedback! Tidewater Abode is one of my favorites, too. :smiley:
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Hey sweets :)

I saw in the recommendations thread that you were having some issues with the links to the gallery? Maybe you can try this:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=onehummingbird&max=50&maxis=false

That should put you in the gallery with all your uploads. Hope it works for you!

You can also use that as a link to your gallery and for example use it in your signature :) You can do the same and post a link to your showcase in your signature to if you like. Then people can very easily find your showcase and gallery if they see something they like that you posted :)

Hope you get those links sorted!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"