Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wetlands Aurora Skies

I'm building in Aurora Skies and after awhile it looks like my basement has a hazy water effect. I've since moved the lot and don't have the problem (so far!), but before, the lot was near the science centre.

Is this a glitch or something that happens?

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    So it happens that I've encountered it on a different lot. It's like I put a pool down (which I didn't)...WHAT IN THE SAM HILL IS HAPPENING?!

Screenshot-486_zps9z8zyjbc.jpg

The water level in AS is set high so the lakes automatically become saltwater

But why is it on my lot?
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I've had it happen when I placed a lot I made in one world into the world I made. The water levels for each world were different and when I placed the lot and paged down into the two level basement I found it was full of water. I just modified the building to remove the basement.

Yours looks a bit different though in that picture. The water ripples around some but not all of your sims looks like they were MOO'ed out of a pool or something. I don't actually see the water and the sim in the red shirt doesn't seem to be affected. Could just be the timing of the picture though. You may just have to forgo basements or deeper terrain sculpting in that world. I haven't played there enough to be familiar with this problem there.
    Thanks @Jessa_Dakkar - I'll try to place it in another world and see if the problem prevails.

I've got a two level basement that needs to be in this build.
    @Jessa_Dakkar - the basement that you got rid of in your build...was it using the basement tool or had you tried to build a walkout?
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    There is a glitch where sims that have been in a pool will appear to have the water effects around them as shown in your picture. Resetsim cheat will fix it. But if there is really water in your basement then yes, that has to do with the water level set for the world when it was made.

The only time I ran into having water in a basement was in a world I was testing for someone and the house was next to the beach.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    The first lot I placed it on wasn't near the water. The second one is.

No pool on the lot though. Hmmm! Thank you @HappySimmer3
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    @Jessa_Dakkar - the basement that you got rid of in your build...was it using the basement tool or had you tried to build a walkout?

It wasn't the basement tool, I use terrain sculpting to build almost all of my basements because I think it looks better and I can have basement windows if I like. So yeah, the basement I was talking about was one achieved using terrain sculpting rather than the basement tool.
    Yes I agree. I think it looks better.
    Shucks, what to do, what to do.

I may have to forgo the walkout basement and use the tool.
    I think the water glitch can happen anytime they go swimming, so swimming in the ocean might do it too. I have seen this issue multiple times lately because I have been testing stuff and always seem to wind up with my sims in a house with a pool. And then they drive me batty because all the want to do is to swim in the pool!

The other day I was testing a new mod in a new game and the neighbors came over to greet my sims and they stayed and swam in the pool too. Then one of them got out and went into the house and started swimming in the hallway.

34044848851_0aa07de011_c.jpg

:o

That's funny but annoying.

My Sims hadn't been swimming anywhere. It must be the water level. I'm going to place a double basement with the basement tool and see if water gets in.

If that works, happy days, if not, this Scandinavian build is going to a different world.
    I thought swimming might be the cause because in your screenshot several sims are in their bathing suits. Of course they might have just been throwing one of those parties where everyone wears a swimsuit for no reason. :D

If water actually is in your basement you can tell by shifting the camera around until you see the water level in there (not just the effects around them). I suspect you do have water in that basement because the effects are around the waist of that sim that's climbing the stairs.

If I'm not mistaken, in the world that I was testing years back, the one where that house on the beach had water in the basement, it was also not made with the basement tool but the old fashioned way we used to use for TS2. I don't remember if it was a walk-out with a door though.

Let us know how it goes!

@HappySimmer3 - yes, it was so weird. Usually a pool is the first thing a Sim goes for automatically on a lot. So they all switched into their suits and sort of wade around like they're in the ocean yet a couple of them pulled out their tablets and used them.

I'm thinking there definitely is water in there. It's happened on every lot where I've placed the house. Too bad there's no cliff lots in Aurora Skies.

This is making me scratch my head.
    Welp, I think it's walk out basements that don't work because when dug out; they're below water level.
    However, the basement tool seems to work perfectly ok.

I tested this by building a basement each way. I'll post pictures once photobucket stops playing up!
    Walk out basement in Aurora Skies

Screenshot-489_zpsqfddqmg9.jpg

vs

Basement Tool

Screenshot-490_zpsy8m3zr6j.jpg

@HappySimmer3 - so it seems the basement tool is fine to use!

aricarai wrote: »
    Walk out basement in Aurora Skies

Screenshot-489_zpsqfddqmg9.jpg

vs

Basement Tool

Screenshot-490_zpsy8m3zr6j.jpg

@HappySimmer3 - so it seems the basement tool is fine to use!

Walk outs do work in some worlds because I have seen some that weren't flooded. But yeah, apparently in that world they are not going to work unless you want an underground pool. ;)

• AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I had the same problem in aurora skies. I have had houses in sunset valley, bridgeport, lucky palms, lunar lakes, monte vista, roaring heights, and isla paradiso but none of them had problems with flooding basements. I like to build my basement by cutting out the foundation and digging in the ground. The water did not fill in when I was building the house, but when I put my sims in the house, the water was suddenly there and it rendered my basement useless. I wanted to put cars in there. Now I made some fountain thing.