Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Political Parties- Sims Style GT+CL

I'm creating political parties, using the club system from Get Together. Who would you vote for?

Holly Alto. Spouse: Johnny Zest Landgraab. Public Relations: BFF and plant sim, Summer Holiday.
Platform: Equal Rights for All Supernaturals
Financial Backing: Goths
This grass roots campaign is finally taking off. But with a long standing feud between the Goths and the Altos, how long will Holly and Johnny's parents support this young team.

Bjorn. Spouse: Clara. P.R. Eliza Pancakes. Platform: He believes what you believe! Financial Backing: Spencer-Kim-Lewis.
This long standing politican has quite a few skeletons in his closet... and they are costing him some money. How long can he keep his secrets buried?

Angela Pleasant Villarreal. Spouse: Hugo Villarreal. P.R. Lilith Pleasant Landgraab. Platform: Keep our land pure, no supernaturals. Financial support: Villarials and Landgraabs.
Bjorn has bothered Angela since she was a teen. He kept calling her to invite her to parties. Now she's ready to take this clown down. And nothing can stop her... wait, was that a kick? And what exactly is a lay line?

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I like what you have going on there. I'd vote Holly Alto. I began creating some sort of religious clubs/communities after GT, but before CL. Now I'm starting to think if I could mix some politics into them.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    How do the religious communities work? (I'm picturing worshiping the cow plant.)
    edited April 2017
    imhappy wrote: »
    How do the religious communities work? (I'm picturing worshiping the cow plant.)
    They're mainly part of the background story (not something I'd play very actively) and then there are community lots for weddings, club catherings etc. I've been working on these quite a long while, but I feel nowhere near done. Since religions can be a touchy subject please note that these are strictly sim-only and any real life resemblance is just me failing to be creative.

There's Founder Sim's Church in Oasis Springs. Generally they prefer simple lifestyle with not much technology (some might follow this rule closer than others). This reminds them of the life they assume the founder sim lived. They believe that all worthy sims get saved into the gallery and at some point may get a second chance to live their lives. They disapprove ghosts and vampires, because those represent souls that are unable to move on to the second life.

The more popular belief is that a higher power directs sim lives through a plumbob above their heads. They've got Holy Plumbob Cathedral in Windenburg and also Cathedral of Green Light in Willow Creek. They love to get involved with ghosts. Criminal sims often turn to this community seeking forgiveness. I've been thinking of creating a sub cult that would be fascinated by red light instead of green. I haven't used the cowplant yet, but I have a feeling it would be suitable for these sims.

In the beginning I tried to make 3-4 religions, but it didn't really work out so I dropped the ones that didn't naturally fit my game. I'm still thinking there should be an alternative religion in San Myshuno (placed a really nice temple at Myshuno Meadows). What else do sims believe in than founder sims and plumbobs? Jasmine Holiday the ambassador of Maxis...? Might go with it, because it would give certain families a good reason to do her challenges :D
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm voting Bjorn, just to see what exactly those skeletons are that he tries to hide!
    I'm still thinking there should be an alternative religion in San Myshuno (placed a really nice temple at Myshuno Meadows). What else do sims believe in than founder sims and plumbobs? Jasmine Holiday the ambassador of Maxis...? Might go with it, because it would give certain families a good reason to do her challenges :D

The biggest religions in my game come from what the game itself introduced:
    - The deified conquerer Jumbok IVth from Sims 2 bon voyage
    - Saint Grey Lady from the Sims 2 furniture catalogue
    - Poseidon from the Sims 2 oceanography career (which introduces the whole greek pantheon, but the rest have fallen out of public interest)
    - The Watcher from Sims 3 medieval (since this is supposed to be the player, the watcher refuses to be worshipped, but allows to be contemplated)
    - The Ancestors from the shrine in Sims 2 Bon Voyage
    - Nature, because it felt, hm, natural?
    - Ea and Maxis in Origin Beyond, of course. (Jasmine as High Priest or prophet is a great idea, b.t.w.!)
    I'm voting Bjorn, just to see what exactly those skeletons are that he tries to hide!

Well, since you asked...

Bjorn has a thing for girls who just became young adults. He talks to them a lot when they are a teen. Once they get old enough, he woo hoo's and leaves. This happened with Angela. She turned to her sister, her sister's boyfriend (Malcolm), and her now boyfriend (Hugo Villereal who is a low level thug for the mafia, he cooks on the side). Not the best of influences.

He was also with Morgan Fyers. Last seen in Forgotten Hallow, acting as vampire food.

Now he's got his eyes on Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis. The Spencer-Kim-Lewis consists of the daughter, Alice, Eric and Mitchell Kilani (the nanny). Mitchell's job is to nap on the couch, throw pizza parties, try to unsuccessfully flirt with Alice, and play with all the toys. He's a horrible nanny, but Eric keeps him around basically to keep Alice company.

Once Mitchell "accidently" walks in on Bjorn and Olivia on his last day (she will be a young adult) he can blackmail Bjorn to be the new nanny for Elsa. And of course, he'll clash with Clara, who's a bit more serious than Alice.

Eric's secret is that he's gay. He pays Bjorn to woo hoo with him. He does not know that Bjorn will be woo hooing with his daughter.

The daughter (who hates children) will not know that she is soon to be pregnant and give the child up for adoption.

Eliza Pancakes knows everything. And Bjorn has to keep paying her off.

Eliza also wants him to get more votes, by visiting vampires in Forgotten Hallow and allowing them to drink from him. Although Holly Alto is for equal rights of all supernaturals, she's a bit scared of vampires. So Eliza sees a weakness.

There are more storylines, but I won't bore you with them. :-)

• ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    I am far from bored....

I suddenly want to see this as a Let's Play or an actual story written up with the sims pictures and stuff acting it out. I used to do a storytelling blog like that. I totally want to know more!! You should consider actually making this a thing!!
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

I am far from bored....

I suddenly want to see this as a Let's Play or an actual story written up with the sims pictures and stuff acting it out. I used to do a storytelling blog like that. I totally want to know more!! You should consider actually making this a thing!!

That's so sweet! Thank you! I just like playing for fun. The whole storytelling and let's play thing sounds like work :-)
    I am far from bored....

That's so sweet! Thank you! I just like playing for fun. The whole storytelling and let's play thing sounds like work :-)

I deifnitely agree with @Elyssandariel, that was very entertaining to read :) But I kind of feel the same as you about storytelling... I try sometimes, but looking at my blog I've updated it once this year. It feels good to get a post published, but it requires quite a bit of extra effort compared to just playing the game and enjoying it myself. I might have the perfectionist trait when it comes to sharing content.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Lolol. I wouldn't vote for any of these but I'm glad that you have an exciting story going. I appreciate your creativity even though none of these politicians speak to me, personally. I guess I would vote for whoever was the most rational and competent but still capable of empathy.

It's funny to see what you've done with Bjorn. He is a fun character to work with. All the WC and OS pre-mades are dead by now in my game, so I never did much with them. Bjorn in my game is basically the opposite of yours. Younger women in my game think he is dreamy, but he does not pay attention to any of them other than his second wife who is not that young anymore. He is like a gloomy, intense, romantic character - like Daniel Craig as James Bond. Whenever I play him, I think of Adele's "Skyfall" as a soundtrack. It also kind of works for the scenario you've described. Lol.

He is what one of my friends refers to as a "silver fox" (older but aging well). One of my sims aggressively pursued him and wrecked his marriage. I have to say that it was ridiculously entertaining. He would go hot and cold around her. There was so much drama and their early relationship was such a lengthy process. It was like the drama from an old romantic novel. He's like a cross between James Bond and Mr. Darcy in my game. Lol, he is awesome.

Anyway, I came up with a whole back story for Clara and Bjorn. Now I've got back stories for basically all of Windenburg. Clara and Bjorn's marriage had gone stale in my game as well as yours, just without some of the darker tendencies. They loved each other but their personalities did not match well after many years of marriage. Clara along with Mila is one of the most independent women in my game. There's no judgement to that. I think she's great in her own way. She is pursuing what she really loves in her later life. Bjorn was a persuasive diversion in her youth.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.

Well, since you asked...

Bjorn has a thing for girls who just became young adults. He talks to them a lot when they are a teen. Once they get old enough, he woo hoo's and leaves. This happened with Angela. She turned to her sister, her sister's boyfriend (Malcolm), and her now boyfriend (Hugo Villereal who is a low level thug for the mafia, he cooks on the side). Not the best of influences.

He was also with Morgan Fyers. Last seen in Forgotten Hallow, acting as vampire food.

Now he's got his eyes on Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis. The Spencer-Kim-Lewis consists of the daughter, Alice, Eric and Mitchell Kilani (the nanny). Mitchell's job is to nap on the couch, throw pizza parties, try to unsuccessfully flirt with Alice, and play with all the toys. He's a horrible nanny, but Eric keeps him around basically to keep Alice company.

Once Mitchell "accidently" walks in on Bjorn and Olivia on his last day (she will be a young adult) he can blackmail Bjorn to be the new nanny for Elsa. And of course, he'll clash with Clara, who's a bit more serious than Alice.

Eric's secret is that he's gay. He pays Bjorn to woo hoo with him. He does not know that Bjorn will be woo hooing with his daughter.

The daughter (who hates children) will not know that she is soon to be pregnant and give the child up for adoption.

Eliza Pancakes knows everything. And Bjorn has to keep paying her off.

Eliza also wants him to get more votes, by visiting vampires in Forgotten Hallow and allowing them to drink from him. Although Holly Alto is for equal rights of all supernaturals, she's a bit scared of vampires. So Eliza sees a weakness.

There are more storylines, but I won't bore you with them. :-)

Sounds like you're having fun :) Now I want to play a journalist in your simsworld! (Or perhaps not. Though they'd never run out of stories, they probably live very dangerous).
  • randomrachel05randomrachel05 Posts: 31 Member
    I'd vote Bjorn because he cares for the people.
    edited April 2017
    Sounds like you're having fun :) Now I want to play a journalist in your simsworld! (Or perhaps not. Though they'd never run out of stories, they probably live very dangerous).[/quote]

Great idea! Meet the Willow Creek Journalist:

Trinity Packard is a gorgeous, self-assured blonde bombshell. But when you get to know her, you discover that she's a bit gloomy and loves music. She raised her son, Timothy Goth, (son of Gunther Goth), as as single parent. Tim turned out to be an awesome, gloomy, long haired, guitar player who closely resembles Kurt Cobain. He lives in a bohemian apartment in San Myshuno with his wife... Sofia Bjergsen (Bjorn's daughter). Sophia also has the "bro" trait now, and is the "cool girl" all the guys like.

Trinity loves Sofia like a daughter. So what happens when she digs up info about her dad, Bjorn? *dun dun dun* (imagining suspenseful theme music)

And will there every be romance for poor Trinity?

Find out later, on All My Sims.

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'm creating political parties, using the club system from Get Together. Who would you vote for?

Holly Alto. Spouse: Johnny Zest Landgraab. Public Relations: BFF and plant sim, Summer Holiday.
    Platform: Equal Rights for All Supernaturals
    Financial Backing: Goths
    This grass roots campaign is finally taking off. But with a long standing feud between the Goths and the Altos, how long will Holly and Johnny's parents support this young team.

Bjorn. Spouse: Clara. P.R. Eliza Pancakes. Platform: He believes what you believe! Financial Backing: Spencer-Kim-Lewis.
    This long standing politican has quite a few skeletons in his closet... and they are costing him some money. How long can he keep his secrets buried?

Angela Pleasant Villarreal. Spouse: Hugo Villarreal. P.R. Lilith Pleasant Landgraab. Platform: Keep our land pure, no supernaturals. Financial support: Villarials and Landgraabs.
    Bjorn has bothered Angela since she was a teen. He kept calling her to invite her to parties. Now she's ready to take this clown down. And nothing can stop her... wait, was that a kick? And what exactly is a lay line?

This sounds like great fun! I do that too, make political parties in the game with the club system, but it's not as involved as yours yet.
    My old voting system in case anyone wishes to play a mini challenge: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/907585/elections-in-willow-creek-mini-challenge-for-gt

Never really updated it for CL.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I always pick 'less mischief' but I wish that had a real effect on the Sims. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Thought I'd update you on who won the election.

It's been a long process, but the results are in!

Holly Alto couldn't manage handling the baby. Well, Johnny's and Summer's baby. Yup, her husband had a baby with her best friend, and campaign manager, Summer Holiday. She has no idea, just thought it was truly wonderful of Johnny to have the great idea of adopting a kid. She still volunteers a lot and donates a lot of her fortune to various charities.

Angela Pleasant, who was running against Bjorn. Because he seduced her and basically messed her up the second she turned young adult age. Well, they got back together. Bjorn hinted to his campaign manager, Eliza Pancakes, that he was thinking of leaving his wife. And Eliza, was hoping it would be for her! Eliza is head over hills in love with Bjorn.

When she saw Bjorn kiss Angela, she got super mad. Later on, she planned her revenge. By killing Angela, not only would she take out her romantic rival but her political rival as well. So she poisoned Angela.

Angela's husband, Hugo Villareal, is in the mob. He knew that Angela's sister, Lilith, who is also in the mod, would assume Hugo had something to do with the death. So he ran away to San Myshino to become a chef. Something he always wanted to be. He fell in love with his next door neighbor, Raj Rasoya. And even won over Raj's mom with an elaborate dinner party of some delicious meals.

So, with Eliza getting the vampire vote on her side. And everyone else dropping out of the race,

Bjorn Won!!