Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creating a new world. Suggestions Appreciated!

MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
I was thinking of trying my hand at CAW . But I'm not sure what kind of world to try and make . What features people would like to see in it and all .
Of course I'd release the world once I'm done and will post updates in the process
Happy Simming!♥
Post edited by MemoriiValentine on

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I would love to see a smaller world. So many of the worlds that are player created are just too big, but my computer can't handle them.
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    I love when worlds have little "district" type layouts. Like how real world towns usually have an industrial side, a suburb, a business district, that sort of thing.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I prefer medium to small worlds. Large worlds tend to get me into trouble. I also prefer compact worlds, not worlds where everything is spread out all over the place. Also, plenty of large lots for Store venues and perhaps a homeworld university.
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    @LaBlue0314 @TreyNutz do you mean the lots and stuff you like them being small in number or the world itself small? I was thinking of making a small island type of world
    Happy Simming!♥
    I meant the world itself. But I do like a decent number of lots to work with. And by homeworld university I meant a lot large enough to put a premade one onto (like the ones on mysimrealty).

A small island type world would be nice, particularly with some dive lots. I use Suvadiva quite frequently as a vacation spot, but it's really small. I larger island world with more rabbit holes and some LN clubs and lounges would be nice.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I agree with TreyNutz.
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

This is your first world? I would suggest just finding your way with it, enjoying the trip and then your Second can be the one you share. :)

There will always be so many different wants by just a few people, I find it best to go with what you Love about the game. That always shows in what you create- (you as in 3rd person, anyone).

I found my way while trying to revamp lucky palms until it corrupted on me in CAW . I know a lot more of what I'm doing now . But , the toughest part? My guess is the trees :s
    Happy Simming!♥
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I meant the world itself. But I do like a decent number of lots to work with. And by homeworld university I meant a lot large enough to put a premade one onto (like the ones on mysimrealty).

A small island type world would be nice, particularly with some dive lots. I use Suvadiva quite frequently as a vacation spot, but it's really small. I larger island world with more rabbit holes and some LN clubs and lounges would be nice.

I have a vision for it already. LN ,city hall ,ect on the middle of the island . The festival , beaches , suburban houses near the water .

Should I worry with house boats ?
    Happy Simming!♥
    I personally don't use houseboats, but maybe other people would like them.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Oh, i appologize. I thought you were trying it for the first time. Enjoy! :mrgreen:
    Oh, i appologize. I thought you were trying it for the first time. Enjoy! :mrgreen:

any tips a master could give though,would be much appreciated!

@TreyNutz I could put ports in and let them add their own houseboat?
    Happy Simming!♥
    That would work, but it's really up to you. It's your world.
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    That would work, but it's really up to you. It's your world.

I'm open to suggestions though
    Happy Simming!♥
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Candy Land!!!

Seriously, though, if I had any kind of asthetic/buildery-type talent, I would totally build a world based on Candy Land. Frostine Memorial Academy, Molasses Swamp Fishing Hole, Peppermint Forest Park, pink sand beaches, lots of KPS decor. Alas, that's just me. You'll have to keep us informed of your progress.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
    Candy Land!!!

Seriously, though, if I had any kind of asthetic/buildery-type talent, I would totally build a world based on Candy Land. Frostine Memorial Academy, Molasses Swamp Fishing Hole, Peppermint Forest Park, pink sand beaches, lots of KPS decor. Alas, that's just me. You'll have to keep us informed of your progress.

That would be something lol

I'm just sculpting and painting the land for now and will start on roads later on
    Happy Simming!♥
    So far this is what I have.
    Screenshot_zpspw0kt7gk.jpg

Not sure how I am with terrain paint yet
    Screenshot-2_zpsd3tykf9l.jpg
    Happy Simming!♥
    I've made alot of progress with the shape of the world. I was thinking of grabbing the community lots from sunlit tides and Isla Paridiso such as city hall. I'll post more later today though
    Happy Simming!♥
    edited April 2017

I don't know...about the layout or the tool?
    Don't do what everyone else has done. Maybe put your City along the Seaside- like on a cliff with the country winding down to the township. Or .. Oops- I just looked up on this and you already have a plan.

Have fun- put in what you like and others will love it, too. :)

And Show your work on the forums. :lol:

**now I'm picturing a Cliff side City with waves crashing. O.o

I don't know...about the layout or the tool?
    Don't do what everyone else has done. Maybe put your City along the Seaside- like on a cliff with the country winding down to the township. Or .. Oops- I just looked up on this and you already have a plan.

Have fun- put in what you like and others will love it, too. :)

And Show your work on the forums. :lol:

**now I'm picturing a Cliff side City with waves crashing. O.o

I have nothing set in stone yet. I've made much progress and shall post more pictures soon c:
    Happy Simming!♥
    Are you planning dive lots~ What's your water level?
    I am planning dive lots o-o but how do i check water level?
    Happy Simming!♥
    edited April 2017
    I believe IP world is set around 28... I can't remember but you can check.

Place a plant or object on the water and check its height on the world map. Let me get a picture since I don't remember X,Y,Zs but just where/what they do. :blush:

*Or you can lift the object placed and see which number changes in the Property Browser.
    **PositionY -is the height of the placed objects. :)
    I believe IP world is set around 28... I can't remember but you can check.

Place a plant or object on the water and check its height on the world map. Let me get a picture since I don't remember X,Y,Zs but just where/what they do. :blush:

*Or you can lift the object placed and see which number changes in the Property Browser.

I did move the water higher but i'll check it too thanks c:
    Happy Simming!♥
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    ....But , the toughest part? My guess is the trees :s

My suggestion would be to not have too many varieties of trees and to not crowd them up close to the lots. I've played in some user made worlds where the trees stick through any buildings placed on the lots. If I remove the trees then I get stuck sims because of routing problems. It's like the creator used the trees to try to camouflage flaws in their terrain.