Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    @Erica87 I hope you have fun with your new matriarch! Lacie looks great and the house is nice too! :)

I haven't played in a while because I have two pairs of twins and no one is even close to moving out.. I can't wait for the next generation to be honest.. I think I just use the next pretty girl as the new matriarch :)
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    @XDJSIMMERX Rebecca is really pretty and I am curious to see how her children turn out!
    @Fizzstix I understand if you prefer not to share as many pictures as before. I think the most important thing here is that we all have fun and if restarting and changing the way we share pictures will make it more fun then that's what we should do. I learned that myself, the sharing made me mainly focused on that and much less on the actual challenge. I wonder what twist you are talking about though!
    @desirae333 I'll definitely share some pictures here and there and I'll still write short text updates (see below). I'm happy that you've got some variety in your genes again, that ginger curse sure is annoying.
    @lisalittlesimmer Thanks so much! If you wanna switch matriarchs faster you could alternatively also use mc command center and turn pregnancy aging on but if you're tired of your current matriarch you can also just switch now if you want. I see the rules more as guidelines, not as strict restrictions.

Update on Lacie:
    I uninstalled City Life so I had to restart. Lacie is still the same though, all I had to change were her shoes. She lives in the same house at the same place as well, however she hasn't yet found a man to have a baby with as they all had to go pretty much immediately after she introduced herself to them. Instead she spent most of the time painting and collecting a few things. In the evening she went to make dinner and of course set the stove on fire... Luckily she was able to get to the shower fast enough and the money from her paintings covered the repairs. Because she was feeling bad enough I made her order a pizza instead of attempting to cook a second time. The cost for that was covered by a plant fossil I sold for 70 simoleons. I think I should buy her a cooking skill book, what do you think? :smiley:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    @Fizzstix I understand if you prefer not to share as many pictures as before. I think the most important thing here is that we all have fun and if restarting and changing the way we share pictures will make it more fun then that's what we should do. I learned that myself, the sharing made me mainly focused on that and much less on the actual challenge. I wonder what twist you are talking about though!
    Update on Lacie:
    I uninstalled City Life so I had to restart. Lacie is still the same though, all I had to change were her shoes. She lives in the same house at the same place as well, however she hasn't yet found a man to have a baby with as they all had to go pretty much immediately after she introduced herself to them. Instead she spent most of the time painting and collecting a few things. In the evening she went to make dinner and of course set the stove on fire... Luckily she was able to get to the shower fast enough and the money from her paintings covered the repairs. Because she was feeling bad enough I made her order a pizza instead of attempting to cook a second time. The cost for that was covered by a plant fossil I sold for 70 simoleons. I think I should buy her a cooking skill book, what do you think? :smiley:

The twist I am going to play is start off my matriarch as a runaway teenager. I also have the MCCC mod that allows for teens to get pregnant and once she has a roof over her head, if she is still a teenager, I plan to start her family right away. Also, I don't plan to use the random trait generator. I plan to let the babies tell me what sort of traits they are. If they cried a lot as babies, they'd be clingy or fussy.. otherwise they'd be one of the other traits. As toddlers they also tend to tell me what sort of trait they will be as children, depending on what activities they gravitate towards... same goes for teenage.. etc. When it comes time for the next generation to take over, I don't plan to age to young adult, she will also become a runaway teenager, just as her mother was. She will round up a little cash, purchase a bedroll or tent, and a cooler and head out on her own. It will make each generation a little challenging to not lean on the previous matriarchs riches.

How did you uninstall just City Life? do you have the EP in disk form?
    edited April 2017
    @Fizzstix I actually uninstalled the whole game and then reinstalled everything except for city living and turned automatic updates off. It's the only way to get rid of an unwanted EP as far as I know. I'm much happier now though, mainly because the game doesn't generate 30 blonde japanese single sims as soon as I travel.

This twist sounds really interesting and especially after the most recent update I really think it will work well with the challenge. If you do feel like sharing a few pictures here and there I'd definitely be interested to see how you and your sims deal with the added difficulty. I wonder if there will be enough teens in the town for it but I suppose the same problem applies to men except that it takes a little longer untill there are no new baby daddies around.

Update on Lacie:
    Lacie is now pregnant with Myron Randall's baby. Guess three times who Myron Randall is! If you guessed that he's the guy who delivered her pizza, you'd be absolutely right. I don't know her baby's gender yet but since I don't have any traits that help with fertility it's safe to assume that it will be a single baby. Apart from that I found out that Lacie's painting specialty is surrealism, which I'm really happy about because Margo's painting was pop art and I can't stand pop art. On the other hand I love surrealism :smiley:
    @Erica87 I had no idea you could tell it to install certain packs. With that.. I can't wait to see what your matriarch's babies will look like! I thought the pink hair doesn't genetically pass down though.
    Here is my new matriarch.. Her name is Teagan Frey. Her aspiration is Friend of the World. Her traits are, Self-Assured and Kleptomaniac. I enjoy that aspect of the game trying to sneak around stealing .. LOL It will help her as a teenager try to make a little extra money too.
    33707890251_36a1b39067_z.jpg
    On her first day, she tried her hand at fishing and had zero luck.
    33837069785_cedd77f1e9_z.jpg
    Teagan spent some time at the humor and hijinx festival with Morgan Fyres. Yay! The pranksters won the challenge. That helped get a little extra money in her pocket, after she sold the fireworks and voodoo doll.
    33707890441_d89f82313b_z.jpg
    Teagan was asked to ditch school by her newest friend, Savanna, and they both headed straight to the bathroom. hahahah
    33837069495_9ff31e1d59_z.jpg
  • _cordialGargoyle__cordialGargoyle_ Posts: 18 Member
    So...my first sim is leaving the nest soon! Or well...first three sims
    I would age them up now but I challenged my friend to play against me in this challenge and learned he hasn't started...so I'm doing the Alien 100 baby challenge until he does.
    But here is Willow Matriarch's children so far
    F #01 Drei (Teen)
    F #02 Natasha (Twin)(Teen)
    F #03 Zarya (Twin) (Teen)
    M #04 Aldrich (Twin) (Child)
    M #05 Onfroi (Twin) (Child)
    #06 Unborn child
    Sorry for my rambling ^_^'
    Here are a couple more pictures as an update to my new challenge:
    Teagan is taking care of her expanding garden.
    33905468955_37d95c0b35_z.jpg
    Her newest friend, Darling Walsh, invited her out to dinner. It happens to be a restaurant that has a dress code of formal and all she has is to put her hair up into a nice up-do.
    33776074081_f508a9ceca_z.jpg
  • _cordialGargoyle__cordialGargoyle_ Posts: 18 Member
    So...I don't know if the stalker dad thing is a problem but a thing I observed was that if one of your other children and the father get to a disliked status the father will leave and not return for the rest of the toddlers toddlerhood...or at least that's what happened to me ^_^'
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Azerath Neptu'nea (Matriarch 1st Gen)
    #01: Demetrius Neptu'nea (Teen)(Hybrid)
    #02: Zathura Neptu'nea (Child)(Hybrid)
    #03: Esidisi Neptu'nea (Toddler)(Pure)
  • MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    Hello! I'm back on playing! It's bee awhile! :smile:

I also got the Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack and I really like it!!

I was thinking of getting a butler, is not against the rule right? Can I tell them to not look after the kids?
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
    Welcome back, @Mareviola. I can't answer your question, but I haven't found the butler to be much of any good use most of the time. Loving the names of your kids, @_cordialGargoyle_ .. interesting discovery about the baby daddy bug.
  • JDSimzJDSimz Posts: 791 Member
    @Mareviola I would assume the rules for the butler would be like the rules for the nanny. They can do anything around the house except tending to the children. You would have to ask Erica though.
    Origin ID: ducklansimming
    "I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me."
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • EllisReadsEllisReads Posts: 8 New Member
    @Erica87 I had major burnout too! I started with a new matriarch too! Mainly because I got sick of my old family. A lot of people I wanted to have babies with had died so I didn't really have good tactics haha!
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Started this a couple times before but didn't get far. Toddlers have added a new fun angle to this so I'm trying again. Here is my matriarch, Kimber
    hofDZEo.jpg

She's currently pregnant for the first time, by Mortimer Goth. I'm using the ley line lot trait to try to get multiples. Not bothering with fertility treatment, it's never worked for me. Trying to line up future daddies, I got Johnny Zest hot for me and I get visited a lot by a couple of vampires, so things could get interesting!

I think I'm going to put the toddler's room right off the kitchen, so I can be lazy and just leave a plate out for them to grab when they get hungry!
    Since they updated the game, my save file is full of teens.... which is not great 'cause they can't be the next fathers!!! At least not until they age up :neutral:

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Started this a couple times before but didn't get far. Toddlers have added a new fun angle to this so I'm trying again. Here is my matriarch, Kimber
    hofDZEo.jpg

She's currently pregnant for the first time, by Mortimer Goth. I'm using the ley line lot trait to try to get multiples. Not bothering with fertility treatment, it's never worked for me. Trying to line up future daddies, I got Johnny Zest hot for me and I get visited a lot by a couple of vampires, so things could get interesting!

I think I'm going to put the toddler's room right off the kitchen, so I can be lazy and just leave a plate out for them to grab when they get hungry!

She's beautiful.
  • marie29marie29 Posts: 200 Member
    @Erica87 Sorry you had to restart hope this one goes better. I miss being able to uninstall a ep without having to completely uninstall the whole game. You should be able to do that if you are no longer wanting a ep installed. I have not kept up with how every one is doing. Let just say I had a problem and all my game files got deleted and had to do a reinstall of the whole game. I lost my legacy family and everything. So been working on new file for that one plus had not had the time to start again plus a new story of season game came out and what time I did have was playing that. Been wanting to start another one so here soon I will.
    Welcome everyone who is new :smile: You're allowed to have a butler as long as you pay for him, @Mareviola. You can tell him to care for the kids too if you want to but it might make the challenge easier.

@marie29 This is why I keep daily backups of all of my savefiles. You have to find out which number your save has and then copy all savefiles with the number to a different place on your computer.

I'm sorry I'm not very active here right now but I'm on a tiny bit of a break from the sims in general, the only family I've been playing in the past few days has been the couple on my avatar. Luckily there's no rule changes due to the bowling pack, however I am anticipating changes with the family pack as that one is likely to influence the gameplay of this challenge in some way.
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    I am trying my hand at the 100 baby challenge! Toddlers definitely add an element that makes it uh more challenging. Especially when dad #1 is around and won't go home!
    This is my Matriarch Lexi Buchanan
    33333546483_c572d90633.jpg

She currently has 2 boys and is currently pregnant with her next baby(ies).

This is the oldest, Clint, who's father is Bjorne Bjergsen.
    33759898040_5db7f45f26.jpg

This is Rocco, who's father is Marcus Flex.
    33759888870_a80692f254.jpg
  • xoxoXDxoxoXD Posts: 215 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm on mobile so I don't have any pictures.
    My matriarchs name is Noah Langley and has had 6 kids and is pregnant with her 7th.
    Baby 1:
    Jasper Langley
    Dad: Marcus Flex
    YA
    Baby 2:
    Genevieve Langley
    YA
    Dad: Mortimer Goth
    Baby 3:
    Alaric Langley
    Dad: Caleb Vatore
    Teen
    Baby 4:
    Nathan Langley
    Dad: Paolo Rocca
    Child
    Baby 5:
    Evan Langley
    Jacques Villareal
    Toddler
    Baby 6:
    Nora Langley
    Dominic Fyres
    Toddler
    Baby 7:
    ? Langley
    Bjorn Bjergsen
    Post edited by xoxoXD on
    qCDeJ1I.gif
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Rawla wrote: »
    MocaJava wrote: »
    hofDZEo.jpg

She's beautiful.

Thanks!
  • StoneNumber7StoneNumber7 Posts: 199 Member
    How many gens do most ppl finish in? Has anyone tried this challenge only ageing at birthdays for every life state ... I really want to try this challenge but I don't like ageing early
    edited April 2017
    How many gens do most ppl finish in? Has anyone tried this challenge only ageing at birthdays for every life state ... I really want to try this challenge but I don't like ageing early

Hi! I only ever finished it once and managed to do it in only 1 generation with a bit of luck and always trying to get her pregnant the same day she give birth.

In this new gameplay I also expect to finish in 1 'cause at the moment I'm a baby 39 (pregnant with 40) and she has still 10 days left in her young adult life stage (my luck could change tho).

However your question got me quite curious and I wanted to see what would happen if you don't age them early.

Presupposing:

- life stage "normal" 2 days as a baby + 7 as a toddler + 13 as a child + 13 as a Teen (I looked it up in the sims wikia)
    - 40 days of fertility of the mother (young adult + adult)
    - not aging when pregnant (as the game setting) for 3 days
    - a household of max 8 sims (Mother + 7 children)
    - never having twins
    - the previous mother doesn't leave the household until there is a new YA matriarch to look after the kids (as teh rules of the challenge state)
    - getting pregnant the same day of giving birth and/or as soon as the Teen child age up and leaves the household
    - not worrying about the heir: an "ideal" (best case scenario) of either all women or at least the last baby of the previous matriarch is always a female

So according to my calculation (that do have a high chance of being wrong XD) it'll take:

EDIT: TURNS OUT THEY WERE INDEED WRONG. I mixed up the ages and long story short... I created something worse than Teen moms... CHILD MOMS!!! XD I'm redoing the calculations now. :tongue:NEW POST WITH (HOPEFULLY) CORRECT CALCULATIONS.

- 525 sims days
    - 7 generations
    - the First Mother can have 21 children
    - Mothers 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 could have 14 children
    - the last Mother (Generation 7) will need only 9 children to get to 100
    - Except the First Mother (which I assumed started as soon as she became a Young Adult), all the others got pregnant for the first time when they are 8 days in their YA life stage.

Gen 1: Babies 1 - 21
    Gen 2: Babies 22 - 35
    Gen 3: Babies 36 - 49
    Gen 4: Babies 50 - 63
    Gen 5: Babies 64 - 77
    Gen 6: Babies 78 - 91
    Gen 7: Babies 92 -100

Like I said this is a "best (quicker) case scenario". I have however two unknown variables. Male children and Twins.

- I'm pretty sure Male children will make the challenge last longer if they are the last child of the matriarch.
    For example the 2nd Mother (aka baby 21) has been a YA for 8 days when started so she had 32 days of fertility left.
    But if baby 21 was a male then baby 20 (assuming she was a girl) would have to take over but she would have been 11 days in YA so she would have only 29 days of fertility left.
    So to me that means the challenge would take more Generations. It is hard to check tho 'cause the possibilities are infinite.

- With Twins I'm less sure. I know they do make the challenge harder/longer when you play ageing them up early 'cause you usually always manage to age up the Teen in time for a 7th child to be born. Basically always having space for another child and/or a pregnant (who doesn't age) mother.
    Twins however makes it easier to max out the household and the mother cannot get pregnant and age.
    However in a scenario where the mother does have to age at some point, having twins might not make a difference.

I'm not sure. Maybe if later I have nothing to do I could try and see what happens when you always give birth to triplets! XD The other extreme case!
    Post edited by Mareviola on

• lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    Hey Guys! I'm a full member finally! I know, I should probably ask this somewhere else, but can someone explain how to post pictures? I really want to share my new house and my matriarch with you guys :)
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • StoneNumber7StoneNumber7 Posts: 199 Member
    @Mareviola
    Thanks... I forgot that the mom doesn't age :( ... I plan on starting my challenge as soon as I'm off work, but I think I will just do 10 gens of 10 so that I can age the mother's but to make the game harder I'm making 3.5 changes
    1) I'm going to age my Sims only on birthdays.
    1.5) going to age my matriarch so that she is always atleast 16 days older then her first born ( bothers me way too much if her child dies of old age first)
    2) so that I always keep close to a full house when my matriarch gets old and I'm waiting on the heir to age I will have older sisters have 2-3 kids each gen (and then move away leaving the kid) * I won't be counting then in the 100!
    3) any painting or craft made has to be sold by yard sale, teens will still get jobs but any ya living at home still won't have a job.