Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointed with daycare update

Before learning anything about this update other than that it was about daycare's, I assumed that we would be getting a daycare lot with daycare features.

But we didn't. We just got an event where we have to try to unlock toddler/baby items before the time runs out. That's not daycare imo. The ot you unlock if you unlock all other parts of the event is just a home lot, not an actual daycare.

I'm especially not happy about this because I never am able to unlock all the items during events. Not unless I was to pay money, which I won't do.
banner_3.jpg?w=1200

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I have never been unable to unlock everything in the events. You just have to enter the game often to do that and you don't need to use any money on this game unless you want to.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    If you devote enough time to the events you can unlock them all. Unfortunate for those with full time jobs and other demanding commitments. I wasn't able to unlock all the Tropical Romance prizes the first time but finished it the second time. It would really help if you were able to keep any extra constructor coins instead of having them converted into simoleans.
  • DeeDee Posts: 11 New Member
    Yeah constructor coins accumulation would be good even if they roll over to the next event
  • YvonneMcDermidYvonneMcDermid Posts: 51 Member
    This is the last update for me on windows, so I am going all out to get all the prizes and unlock the playground.

It is not a proper daycare centre, but it is something to put on one of the empty housing lots that we don't need since there are more lots than sims.

I have unlocked the little bookworms and am now heading towards the dreams and diapers. Seems to be going well and the coin spin plants seem to be yielding better this time than in the last event.

I think the one most important change I made this time is to use my SP to do the early restocks, so all the craft stations get unlocked and working quickly. I am now saving the SP I have left to restock candle and glassware, the others will be done the long way unless I am short on either.

Hope you are all getting on well and enjoying the event.
    Just a tip that worked well for me on the last challenge. Wait until you've unlocked all the prizes before selecting the ones you really want. I also wait until the end to use the coin flower patch for constructor coins. The odds of getting a larger amount of coins seems to increase the more you spin at one time. So wait until the end to use those extra candle points for spinning.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    tip if you have max of each thig and have a sim on them it goes faster
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • TamBell93TamBell93 Posts: 17 Member
    Well, I have never finished one so I am grateful they come back in the future.
    I've unlocked all the prizes. I'll just keep collecting until the end, hope I get enough coins and resources to purchase them all and unlock the playground. If not, there's always next time. :)
    How did you all get on with the event?

I made way more than enough of the pottery, jewellery and glassware, but in the end was short of 225 constructor coins.

I used my 40 remaining SP and used the SP flower to get the rest, which cost 540 LP, I thought this not so bad. I thought I would have to use all my LP, and have to make more in the remaining days after the live event ended, but surprisingly still have plenty left. I had been farming them every day throughout the event and could easily make 50 in a few hours with diving and cooking.

Thanks @simgirl1010 for the tip about leaving spins till the end, I did seem to get better returns late on. Didn't manage to get the three grasshoppers jackpot though, did anybody get this at all?

I was able to unlock all the prizes but didn't have enough collector coins to purchase them all. I got everything except the Cozy Reader, the Foreverland Beds, and the Contemporary Changer. And of course I didn't unlock the Toddler Playground. Guess I'll just have to wait til it comes around again. :)

I did manage to spin the triple grasshoppers for 125 constructor coins. Just once though.
  • DeeDee Posts: 11 New Member
    Yeah I spun it up once also didn't finish the last 2 parts so have to wait till next time
    As I don't know if I will get another chance, I worked my sims full out on this event.

Now it's all done, I gave them all a well earned break, to sleep through the alarm, watch a movie marathon and have a nice slice of rainbow cake.

Some tropical island visits are planned too :)
  • ragefire88ragefire88 Posts: 11 New Member
    I finished this event and was sad to see the lot looks empty in map mode, you go in and then its a empty lot attached with a play place for children ...no abilty to build in that empty space ..

Um.. really..
    I still can't even figure how to build on the lot .. I don't think its actually possible ..
    What a WASTE of space!!! I could of put building next to this Toddler PARK, call it what you want but i'm calling it a park .. we have something like this in the Sim mall but this one has a couple recolored & new objects ..
    I think they ran out of ideas ...
    Hi @ragefire88 ,

I am able to build on the empty lot next to the playground.

I don't think you can select a house to build from the 'real estate' or 'architect' homes, but if you go into the home store and select 'rooms' you should be able to design and build your own house to go in this space.

I find it entertaining to design my own houses, but hard not to make mistakes, however, if you make a mistake and need to delete a room or more, just tap on the offending room whilst in 'rooms' mode and tap the simoleons button to get rid of it.

I am using the lot to build a little child friendly house with the daycare items in it from the other prizes and a big pool.

Hope this helps :)