Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Pets - Animals that I would like to see.

Sims4Obsessed55Sims4Obsessed55 Posts: 93 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
We all know that the Sims 4 Pets will be an upcoming EP. From surveys to game codes, there is so much evidence. So what animals do we want to see in this EP?

Dogs
Your sim can buy a cute companion who just loves to play! Pick a breed and then train your dog to do whatever you please, from biting the postman to helping blind sims, your dog can do anything! Teach it tricks to impress your friends or take it for a walk. Dogs love to play and will fetch balls for you. Make sure to play with your dog every day and you will have a firm friend.

Cats
Meet your new feline friend! Choose from lots of cat breeds before setting up that litter tray! Cats just adore playing but make sure that they don't catch that mouse... Cats will always stick by your side and will love it when you pet them. Is a cat right for your sim? The answer is probably yes!

Horses
Ride your beautiful horse down country lanes and feed it fresh apples. Your horse will live in a stable and will just love being ridden. Check out the new horse riding skill and take your horse for a ride. Is a horse right for you? Well it neigh be! (please excuse my terrible, cringy jokes. I'm weird as you have guessed)

Hamsters
Pick a hamster and set up their cage. Experience sleepless nights as your rodent runs on the wheel and top up the food and water each day. Oh, don't forget to shut the cage, you don't want a runaway pet!

Rabbits
Set up a home for your new rabbit! Feed it veg and play with it in the new rabbit run. Let your friends hold it but don't make it angry, rabbits can nip if they get annoyed.

Guinea Pigs
Hold your new pet with care as you pet it before putting it safely back in it's cage. Guinea pigs are SO cute and funny!

Snakes and reptiles
Some people don't like cute, fluffy pets so they choose a reptile. Scare your friends with a snake or make them shiver with a spider. These pets may seem horrible but they are sweet once you get to know them!

Rats and other rodents
Rats are another pet people often misjudge. Keep your rodents happy with food and love.

Fish
Yeah. Fish. Some people think they are boring but fish need care. Feed your fish and change the water in its tank once it gets filthy.

Triops or 'sea monkeys'
Did you know about triops? They are funny looking prehistoric creatures that grow from a powder which is the eggs, google them. Triops are strange but fun. My sibling got some a while back but for some reason they failed to grow. We think that the temperature was wrong, at least we have some eggs left.

Stick insects
What is there to say?

So that's all of my ideas. The reason there are so many pets listed is because it's realistic. Some people who play the sims might like snakes more than dogs and that's fine but if there are no snakes in the game that person will get upset. I think a pack with all of these animals would be great, imagine having hamsters and rabbits instead of ONLY dogs, cats and horses?

I hope that if you read this far you like my idea. Please comment down below what pets YOU would like to see in The Sims 4 Pets EP.

Thank you and happy simming :)

Comments

• simellesimelle Posts: 149 Member
    I fully agree with everything you said and it would be great if there were different places we could buy our pets from or if e.g. There was stray dogs and we could shelter them and keep as pets.
    “Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up”
    tenor.gif
    Check out my youtube channel!
  • Sims4Obsessed55Sims4Obsessed55 Posts: 93 Member
    simelle wrote: »
    I fully agree with everything you said and it would be great if there were different places we could buy our pets from or if e.g. There was stray dogs and we could shelter them and keep as pets.

Great idea! :)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited April 2017
    Feral dogs and cats...

How about pet shelters that you can actively go into and pick your pet that way rather than just ordering one online. It sounds like pet shops, but your pets would be grown up as well as babies.

Not just hamsters, but all kinds of small rodents.

And how about mythical pets? We had a few in Sims 3, but not awesome enough.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    Feral dogs and cats...

How about pet shelters that you can actively go into and pick your pet that way rather than just ordering one online. It sounds like pet shops, but your pets would be grown up as well as babies.

Yeah, that would be good and realistic :)
  • bleedin9mascarableedin9mascara Posts: 100 Member
    Feral dogs and cats...

THIS!

• FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    I definitely want bunnies, ferrets and pygmy goats. Then it would be awesome if you could fill a glasshouse with different butterfly types.
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    I just want Cats, Dogs and Small Pets (like Hamsters, Birds, Snakes, etc...) :) But I really love your ideas! I don't mind at all if we get that! <3<3
    he/him
    I definitely want bunnies, ferrets and pygmy goats. Then it would be awesome if you could fill a glasshouse with different butterfly types.

It would be awesome! :)
    FlpAmaral wrote: »
    I just want Cats, Dogs and Small Pets (like Hamsters, Birds, Snakes, etc...) :) But I really love your ideas! I don't mind at all if we get that! <3<3

I REALLY want small pets too, like SO bad! :)
  • MagicPiggyPiggMagicPiggyPigg Posts: 62 Member
    What?! No birds?

Fine, I'll do this myself.

Birds
    Instead of fluffiness, why not choose feathers instead? Some sims don't like cats or dogs, and instead would want a sweet white parakeet! Choose from different species, and teach your parakeet how to mimic your sim! But be patient, they can get a little noisy...
    tumblr_o06vtpmqXy1uxy6lvo1_500.gif
    "Who wants to live forever?" - Freddie Mercury, my queen
  • AriaSaeryenAriaSaeryen Posts: 70 Member
    My favorite animals are cats and rabbits, so I really want both of them.

I also would like dogs, horses and birds.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want to see more things to do with the small pets in game I want your pet bird to be able to fly
    I want your bunny to be able to follow you
    I want your ferret to climb in to your sims bed at at night and scare the plum out of them >:)
    but most of all I want them to be able to show more love o:)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • roxiehartroxiehart Posts: 6 New Member
    what about monkeys? not big monkeys, but little monkeys that could walk around the house and your sim could put it on their shoulder and do normal tasks with it there. they'd either have a bed similar to a dog/cat bed, or a cage with food and water in it.

and for babies, your sim would have to bottle feed it!
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited April 2017
    Definitely amazingly well-fleshed out cats and dogs. Horses would be amazing. And bunnies, as well as birds.

Also, I really hope that they work on the pets appearances. I mean, yes, they were cute in Sims 3, but within one hour of playing, all pets that were up for adoption were completely misshaped mutts (I love mutts, so it's not about that). They honestly looked disturbing sometimes and far from cute.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Rabbits & ferrets.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Definitely amazingly well-fleshed out cats and dogs. Horses would be amazing. And bunnies, as well as birds.

Also, I really hope that they work on the pets appearances. I mean, yes, they were cute in Sims 3, but within one hour of playing, all pets that were up for adoption were completely misshaped mutts (I love mutts, so it's not about that). They honestly looked disturbing sometimes and far from cute.

Yeah, I got really tired of all those microcephalic mutts running around, Horses too, the just had the front of one parent & the back of another. But then, genetics in 3 were overall pretty bad for sims & pets alike.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
    What?! No birds?

Fine, I'll do this myself.

Birds
    Instead of fluffiness, why not choose feathers instead? Some sims don't like cats or dogs, and instead would want a sweet white parakeet! Choose from different species, and teach your parakeet how to mimic your sim! But be patient, they can get a little noisy...

OMG I totally forgot those, I knew I forgot something, thanks! :)
  • ceegee1028ceegee1028 Posts: 5 New Member
    Feral dogs and cats...

Not just hamsters, but all kinds of small rodents.

And how about mythical pets? We had a few in Sims 3, but not awesome enough.

THIS. And as for the types of animals: dogs, cats, horses, and then the usual smaller pets like ferrets, rabbits, birds, etc.

I think the theme shouldn't be ranch/farm though - I'd like to see a more modern theme.
  • BollywoodLover12BollywoodLover12 Posts: 6 New Member
    I like the traditional animals: dog, cat, gerbil, fish, ect. I like the farm themed idea.

The pet shelter idea is very good. I like the idea of adding a Vet career or pet shelter volunteer/job.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    A vet to spay and neuter is what I would like. There was so much uncontrolled breeding I had to uninstall it.
    catitude5 wrote: »
    A vet to spay and neuter is what I would like. There was so much uncontrolled breeding I had to uninstall it.

That would be great!
  • AdanethAdaneth Posts: 45 Member
    Hamsters
    Pick a hamster and set up their cage. Experience sleepless nights as your rodent runs on the wheel and top up the food and water each day. Oh, don't forget to shut the cage, you don't want a runaway pet!

Rabbits
    Set up a home for your new rabbit! Feed it veg and play with it in the new rabbit run. Let your friends hold it but don't make it angry, rabbits can plum if they get annoyed.

Guinea Pigs
    Hold your new pet with care as you pet it before putting it safely back in it's cage. Guinea pigs are SO cute and funny!

Fish
    Yeah. Fish. Some people think they are boring but fish need care. Feed your fish and change the water in its tank once it gets filthy.

Yes, please! I would like especially those!
    (Of course cats and dogs, but they will come anyways. Also others, but these are some that need to be in the Sims!)

I would be really excited to have bunnys and hamsters, since I had those as a child :love:
    It would be especially great, when you could feed your cute pets vegetables that you grow in your sims garden, like you said! More use for harvestables! Please! :smile:
    And if they can run freely in the garden, which would be nice, maybe they can feed on your Sims' plants and eat the carrots for example? That would be quite funny, too, imo.

Also, fish... Quite important, since they are kind of simple in the main game. I would like to see new, different kinds of tanks and also garden ponds in different styles for different styled gardens (e.g. Japanese, wild, neat, full of flowers, etc.).
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    bats I would name mine fred
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I would so be down for mini farm animals, even if they were like the tiny apartment dogs from TS2. It would be cute to set up a "petting zoo" on your "farm" with all the little animals; bunnies (duh!), pygmy goats (as someone suggested), teacup pigs, baby llamas (would be great to actually have them in a game for once!), lambs... geez, idk what else xD
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • JamesMarieJamesMarie Posts: 11 New Member
    I love your list of pets! (The bird addition a welcomed pet!) The mice in apartments could be caught and made into pets instead of just killing/landlording them! This is the first time ive heard pets are coming round ( havent been on here before haha) love the vet idea as irl colds and flus can be given to dogs/cats (and for puppy making/non-making purposes). Online store maybe to order fun pet collars or specialty treats, if making a whole store is too much/not possible... be able to create organic treats/food if your sim is gourmet-y/herbal-y, maybe can learn how to train animals and open a training shop (like a restaurant type deal with customers paying for a service and getting reviews from how well you/your trainers train the animals, sometimes the parent of the pet will stay and watch which can be an opportunity to sell your special treats or better training. Will have a training show at the end of the lessons when there's no more training to be learned and it can be like a social gathering or something. Haha) can also have a groomers there where the animals get pampered if they're stressed out.
    I hope they are added to the family and we can see their hunger, energy etc. And emotions etc. But maybe not count against the family count.. like if I have a cat lady who has 7 cats plus her makes 8, she can't have a child or a room mate then, ya know? Doggy doors in walls or custom doors with them already inside em, so when the mail man comes by the dog or cat will attack/chase/scare! Oh so much fun! Haha