Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"You have posted 1 times within 240 seconds."

Full message reads: "You have posted 1 times within 240 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 600 seconds before attempting to post again."

Uh, what?

So we're only allowed to make one post every 5 minutes? That's news to me.

Maybe it's because my typing speed is 60+ wpm, but I've never seen this message before. Is this a new thing, or have I just gotten lucky over the years?

Wasn't quite sure where to post, since I didn't see a board for issues like this, but feel free to move it if this is in the wrong place.

Thanks,
-von
I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif

Comments

• SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    You've just been lucky over the years. I get this sometimes too, just don't reply to too many threads too quickly.
    giphy.gif
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Yeah I've gotten that several times- I think it's a bit overboard.
  • TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    YOLOSWAG420NOSCOPEFTW
    dgvibNQ.png
  • TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited April 2017
    YOLOSWAG420NOSCOPEFTW

Nope, it let me post twice in quick succession.

Luck of the draw I guess.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited April 2017
    WAIT, THIS IS A THING?!

How has it not happened to me? I'm a pretty fast typer, and have DEFINITELY posted within 240 seconds on more than one occasion. Maybe it's successive fast posting?
    YOLOSWAG420NOSCOPEFTW

@The_Dismal_Scientist That is now my go-to answer for EVERYTHING! xD

• ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    From what I have been given to understand from those in here who have undergone the "jail" process, they cannot post more than once in 240 seconds.. Or 5 minutes perhaps, but i those cases, the post button yields a aystem-based advisory to that effect.

Your situation sounds rather like a glitch. I have, in the past, replied swiftly to posts, such as in the "game" threads with no warnings of this nature.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    I saw that message once myself as well as others who have never been jailed for anything. I think it was something that was put in place to keep the spammers such as the spambots from posting too many posts or threads when we had the spambot attacks last year since that's when a lot of us had seen this message. The spambots would posts several threads within a few seconds of each other until this was put in place. But once this was put in place, the spambots would only be able to make 1 thread and then move on to another one of their spambot accounts to use that one to post with and so forth until they could go back to their first account and make another thread. And since the spambots could only make one thread at a time, it cut their threads down to 1-2 threads during their very short membership. So if the spambots had wanted to make more than 1 thread/post on one account, they had to wait 10 minutes in between each posting since 600 minutes equals out to 10 minutes.

I know that there was threads made about this already asking about it and I'm pretty sure that people that had put in the same explanation about it being a thing to deter spammers.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Park wrote: »
    From what I have been given to understand from those in here who have undergone the "jail" process, they cannot post more than once in 240 seconds.. Or 5 minutes perhaps, but i those cases, the post button yields a aystem-based advisory to that effect.

Your situation sounds rather like a glitch. I have, in the past, replied swiftly to posts, such as in the "game" threads with no warnings of this nature.

I've never been "jailed"- I remember getting the notice once when I was in a heated debate with someone and I was pretty furiously posting. It wasn't just a post followed by another quick post but like a post followed by a dozen quick posts- LOL. Another time I was launching (trying to launch) several posts at once on my build topic. I had them written out in word and was copying and pasting them into m topic- so A LOT of words in rapid succession. I think it's intended to help block "auto spamming." That way a software program would be halted before it filled the entire page with crap. But, it definitely doesn't have anything to do with being jailed imo and is not a glitch but rather something meant to counter the crazy spamming attacks that have happened in the past.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I get those messages all the time. I just can't help I have several problems and or ideas going on at once and nowhere actually to post a question etc. if something pops into my head when no one else has the same thought or subject. I'm often told to wait. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yeah I've gotten that several times- I think it's a bit overboard.

this website is way overboard.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    I just now got this message when I was trying to edit my own post. Not even generating a new post, just correcting the spelling in an already existing one.

I'm not aware of ever having been jailed, but perhaps it happened and I just didn't noticed (do you get a notification if it happens?)
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    edited April 2017
    @EnkiSchmidt,
    I just now got this message when I was trying to edit my own post. Not even generating a new post, just correcting the spelling in an already existing one.

I'm not aware of ever having been jailed, but perhaps it happened and I just didn't noticed (do you get a notification if it happens?)
    You would know if you were ever jailed for anything as you would have a set of jail bars showing up either over the picture or in the behind your profile picture for everyone to see plus you would get a warning by the Guru's on your jail time and how long it's suppose to last.

This link will show you what the jail bars look like when someone is jailed for something. This is a blog from the Vanilla site explaining the jailing process on the Vanilla forums.
    https://blog.vanillaforums.com/features/members-behaving-badly-warnings-reporting/

• IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Might it just be turned on automatically at times the board detects specially heavy loading, or while there is a spam attack ongoing?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It won't even let me edit my own replies or threads this week. :/ I thought it was reserved for making too many threads now it's spread to even editing our own words.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I'm appalled but not surprised.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    They won't even let you edit posts within 10 minutes? That is ridiculous, and going to make maintaining my Stories and Legacies Index complete and utter H-E-double hockey sticks, as I typically have a lot of new data to add to it (over several posts within it, because it is big!) every night to keep it up-to-date. >_<

Seriously, first the awful link "security" breaking the creative communities' works by ruining picture display (build showcase threads, Sim story threads, etc.) and now this? SimGurus, are you trying to get all of us to take our resources and creative works off the forums to external sites instead by making these forums as awful to use as possible?

@SimGuruDrake
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Something has been going on with this forum. I will post something, and then afterwards I will read over my post a few times, trying to catch any errors that I may have put in my post. But when I go into correct my errors, and then save, I will get a red warning saying I have posted too many post in such a short period of time, or something like that, and then I'm put on a, I think it's a 10 minute delay before I can post any thing new.

I get it if I made one post about something, and then right away make a second post about something completely different. But why am I getting this when I'm only editing my original post, and not adding any new post? Now I only need to wait 10 minutes before I can post this.
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I haven't noticed anything like that but I don't post a lot on here. I've gotten the spam warning on other forums however. And I do not think I have ever been jailed.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    It happened again tonight. Apparently you can't even edit your own posts... ugh.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    This really should be fixed. Users should be allowed to edit their own posts. How is it spam to edit out a typo you notice just after you happen to hit the "Post Comment" button? Why should anyone have to wait 10 whole minutes to edit out an error? It's just plain silly. Not to mention it makes those of us that moderate big threads like Showcase Threads, Indexes, story threads with table of contents, etc. that need to be updated frequently by editing the same front page posts of a thread *very* annoying. Please allow users the ability to edit their own posts again without being "blocked" by this spam filter that doesn't allow posting for a solid 10 minutes.

I really hope a Guru will address this issue.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    WAIT, THIS IS A THING?!

How has it not happened to me? I'm a pretty fast typer, and have DEFINITELY posted within 240 seconds on more than one occasion. Maybe it's successive fast posting?
    Update: I was EDITING A THREAD I made, and I got the notice. I was editing a thread that I had already posted too, so I have no clue why I got the message! xD That's making me think that the system is a bit glitchy to say the least! :P
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I got this message after posting on someone's wall post :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yes this seems to be the case, when you post several comments in a row, but I've found it happen when I am running a competition and you need to reserve several posts for scores, submissions and such and then I get the message. It seems to be only in that initial post of a "new discussion" because I've been able to edit many times in subsequent posts, but not the first one of the thread.

• pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    I'm not experiencing this :o Earlier today I posted some pictures on a thread. Within the minute I edited it 'cause I misspelled a word and right after that I edited again to center my post. So I posted a post and edited twice within a minute and a half with no warning.