Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What you think about living in nature?

Hi. SimsGuru said that all our ideas are going to be considered, so I made a list of some things I wish to have in the game. Maybe it is not possible to put all of them in the Eco pack, but who knows in the future it can be added in another, I have hopes.

- Sims can bathe in the waterfall.
- Sims can bathe in the river.
- Sims can drink water from the river or the waterfall
- Stone bathtub and Wooden Bathtub for them to bathe their babies
- Babies can play in the bathtub, with toy ducklings or soap bubbles.
- Obaoba under the waterfall
- Romantic Interactions inside the river
- Sims can have fun on the zipline that start on a tree and goes straight to the river.
- Children can be taught to swim.
- Sims feel good walking barefoot on the grass.
- Sims can climb trees and sleep on the Tree branch
- Tire swing on the tree.
- Sims can wash their clothes in the river
- Clothesline
- Children can practice yoga, accompanied by some adult.
- Children can meditate too and this helps them with their studies
- Sims can learn to climb and this will increase levels of climbing wall ability.
- Tepee (where childs can go inside to sleep with their parents)
- romantic boat in the river with interactions.
- Coconut tree and option to drink coconut water (babies too)
- Children play with paper boats at the river's edge.
- Water aerobic at home (Sims can do that alone)
- Water aerobic academy (In group and with instructor) - So they can practice exercises without machines and having fun
- Sims of any age can feed birds.
- Long hair (for man, woman, children etc)
- Dread Hair
- many option of Wall flowers, to inside and outside house.

These are my ideas, if you have more ideas that you would like to include, feel free and tell us
And also, ignore my mistakes, English is not my native language.
^ᴥ^
xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    sorry op but no i disagree with this idea i would much rather have my sims live in a nice home and use modern items like bath tub and has for male sims i much prefer short hair.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    It's okay for you to disagree, you do not have to apologize, lol. Feel free to post your ideas here.
    The Sims would still have a house, people choose where their Sims will live. In my case I would love a treehouse for them. My ideas are to have more options in nature, but would be options, since we already have many things opposed to this in the game. With these things and those already included in the game, it would have options for all tastes, those who want more modernity and those who want to have more contact with nature.
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I couldn't live a countryside/nature-based lifestyle in the real world but I love it when my sims do :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Samcharles74Samcharles74 Posts: 257 Member
    Drinking from the water they also bathe in... :/

River water is running water, with no standing water, so it's not the same as drinking water from the pool, for example.
    It is not possible to compare.
    xyIcMqt.png

• DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Would love to see some of these ideas added to the game at some point. We definitely need some longer hairs for both male & female, facial & body hair for males, and even more tattoo choices as well.
  • Hobbitmama75Hobbitmama75 Posts: 75 Member
    It would open up options for simmers to have neighbourhoods that don't rely on electricity so much - so settler/apocalyptical/historical challenges too.
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    I would like something like a tackle box that our sims can keep the fish they catch in to prevent spoiling. It seems odd that sims can cook with foul fish, yet doing so does not affect the meal quality. Also, you would think that foul fish would make sims sick with food poisoning.
    Would love to see some of these ideas added to the game at some point. We definitely need some longer hairs for both male & female, facial & body hair for males, and even more tattoo choices as well.

Yes, I miss long hair in the game, it would be great if they were added. ^ᴥ^
    Would be great several different styles of long hair, some more natural as well.
    xyIcMqt.png

It would open up options for simmers to have neighbourhoods that don't rely on electricity so much - so settler/apocalyptical/historical challenges too.

Yes, it would also be nice to have the option of using an oil lamp or candles, maybe even torches, all functional, not just as decoration.
    xyIcMqt.png

I would like something like a tackle box that our sims can keep the fish they catch in to prevent spoiling. It seems odd that sims can cook with foul fish, yet doing so does not affect the meal quality. Also, you would think that foul fish would make sims sick with food poisoning.

Food poisoning can be a good idea.. I wish there were some venomous plants that the Sims could eat by mistake or because they did not know it. And then they would have to take natural remedies, made with some medicinal herbs, so they could get better.
    xyIcMqt.png

• AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    These ideas seem to go beyond a stuff pack IMO. A lot of this would require new gameplay so that implies a game pack.
    These ideas seem to go beyond a stuff pack IMO. A lot of this would require new gameplay so that implies a game pack.

If only a few of them could be in this pack I would already be happy. But it may also be ideas to be included in a pack in the future, who knows.
    xyIcMqt.png

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member

Yes! It's frustrating to have sims who don't use technology because so much of the game relies upon it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • BlueJeans04989BlueJeans04989 Posts: 84 Member
    I would love more options for "living off grid" for my Sims. Things like:
    • Root cellar for food storage
    • Climbable ladders for rooftop recreation areas
    • Children could climb trees
    • Badmitton, volleyball, croquet -- for yard play
    • Composting toilets
    • Canning options (could use existing cooking animations)
    • Solar panels that actually reduce the bills
    • Water troughs where Sims could draw water for gardens

Those are just some of the things I can think of off the top of my head.
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member

Yes! It's frustrating to have sims who don't use technology because so much of the game relies upon it.

Especially the autonomous pulling out of the cell phones :|
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I like these ideas but we'll never get them in an SP.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    @szMermaid on your list you have "teach children to swim" - I know it's in a pool but you CAN teach children sims to swim!

If you have them in the pool and a teen or older sim also in the pool, and click the child sim to "swim here" then have the teen sim click on the child while they are swimming there is an option to "coach swimming" or something like that, I can't remember the exact name of the interaction. But it is in there! It's kind of like the "give toast" interaction where it is only available under very specific circumstances.

There is also a wooden tub in buy debug mode (you can craft it on the woodworking table at level 10). You can't bathe infant sims but toddlers can be bathed in it.

Just thought you would like to know that two of your wish list items are already fulfilled!

Your ideas are pretty interesting but a lot of them are very gameplay heavy. If you were building a treehouse or rustic cabin for your sims what kind of decor would you prefer to see? I assume you would like wooden/natural material constructed furniture for the most part but as far as decor items, what would interest you?

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

No different to getting a glass of water from the same tap you wash your dirty dishes under.
    szMermaid wrote: »
    Food poisoning can be a good idea.. I wish there were some venomous plants that the Sims could eat by mistake or because they did not know it. And then they would have to take natural remedies, made with some medicinal herbs, so they could get better.

Poisonous berries that give them tummy ache, and if they don't get a herbal cure within 2-3 days, they die.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    SkyeChimes wrote: »
    @szMermaid on your list you have "teach children to swim" - I know it's in a pool but you CAN teach children sims to swim!

If you have them in the pool and a teen or older sim also in the pool, and click the child sim to "swim here" then have the teen sim click on the child while they are swimming there is an option to "coach swimming" or something like that, I can't remember the exact name of the interaction. But it is in there! It's kind of like the "give toast" interaction where it is only available under very specific circumstances.

There is also a wooden tub in buy debug mode (you can craft it on the woodworking table at level 10). You can't bathe infant sims but toddlers can be bathed in it.

Just thought you would like to know that two of your wish list items are already fulfilled!

Your ideas are pretty interesting but a lot of them are very gameplay heavy. If you were building a treehouse or rustic cabin for your sims what kind of decor would you prefer to see? I assume you would like wooden/natural material constructed furniture for the most part but as far as decor items, what would interest you?

Sorry for not explaining this right, I meant teaching kids to swim in the river. I prefer the river than the pool .. Would be great to see the kids playing in the river with the others after they learned to swim. The river is more natural to me. And I feel sad for not having so many interactions with it. It's all about fishing. And I personally do not like fishing, so it just remains as decoration in my game. But even though I enjoyed it, it would still be much better to have more fun options with it. It could even have a shallower part in the river and a deeper one. About the other things and decorations, I plan to post some pics here later .. I am collecting some that I like in the internet first.
    xyIcMqt.png

Movotti wrote: »

No different to getting a glass of water from the same tap you wash your dirty dishes under.
    szMermaid wrote: »

Poisonous berries that give them tummy ache, and if they don't get a herbal cure within 2-3 days, they die.

They could learn how to make medical prescriptions over the internet or by reading a book. Or ask another Sim with whom they have a good relationship to make it for them. And if they do not take the medicine, then... will have a new ghost in the game! >.<
    xyIcMqt.png

edited June 2017

Hii, I've been looking for some pictures of what I would like to have as an object - decoration and here are some.
    I think those would look great in the game.

To the garden:

Beds or couch hanging from the tree.

WdTCNqP.jpg[/img]
    5ZeTpQp.jpg
    VYUDSTV.jpg
    epzJxFe.jpg
    WdTCNqP.jpg
    R2yph9s.jpg

Chairs, table and beds of bush - flowers, wood or stone.

FsomVxz.jpg
    Cm1S89a.jpg
    xAx5OmS.jpg
    AL7PfF4.jpg
    k44c843.jpg
    rcGrOov.jpg
    CMAuDHO.jpg
    q19r3em.jpg
    KuiPrzd.jpg
    XMuMm9p.jpg
    Uh3yebb.jpg
    nB5TCaA.jpg
    xBxyhR5.jpg
    TmIrfH6.jpg - Recyclable table

Toys made of wood or recycled for children.

5lrSV94.jpg
    OkQRYHy.jpg
    Go2KzRv.jpg
    CR9mNbf.jpg
    KBNUae6.jpg
    aoB9BTR.jpg
    GoW2Jt2.jpg
    3fD0hOI.jpg
    pwPRhn1.jpg
    cW6iPYk.jpg
    nT41jD6.jpg
    qzbMIzs.jpg

Wooden or recycled toys, for the kids gain some climbing or balance skills.

QD9t3TT.jpg
    SleE9dJ.jpg
    sNP9LZ6.jpg
    uryKTfz.jpg
    k4Kacyz.jpg
    Xl0Iuom.jpg
    bws5MiI.jpg
    LI4oKDg.jpg
    vm9kYD5.jpg

Fantasy objects (?) Lol

VqAXJyX.jpg
    TmVaCWo.jpg
    1vSkhzB.jpg
    KCD2tg4.jpg
    BfkZZef.jpg
    mBmnYcz.jpg
    kruQlo3.jpg (for children to play)
    VQHO65i.jpg (the table and the chairs)
    IwqiIq8.jpg
    kHKCBYN.jpg
    Bim6g9s.jpg
    M6ivQI0.jpg

Things totally surrounded by bush or flowers are beautiful.

qth3FFn.jpg
    hfbS1Dw.jpg

I like these tree:

xTZP7JP.jpg
    R24wSu4.jpg (Several trees that look alive, would be so cool.)
    5vDfyOh.jpg (that's cute)
    znng6WZ.jpg
    dMcweoL.jpg

Lighting:

BSjTSI6.jpg
    DJTvTZc.jpg
    LTRqPuE.jpg (This looks magical.)

Some bathtubs.

ZcpGIY5.jpg
    WWPNAZX.jpg
    S77nhmz.jpg

Other things

BBmTdOc.jpg (This wooden ladder)
    lCKz1R5.jpg ( Tepee surrounded by bush.)
    iSh3VRz.jpg
    yBH2Qqi.jpg (I love this swing with flowers.)
    t9uJemR.jpg (This one would look cute in any garden.)

Feel free to post pictures of something you want in the game, here too. And tell us if there is anything in these images that you would like to have in the game or what you would add.
    (✿◠‿◠)

Post edited by szMermaid on
    xyIcMqt.png

• SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    I can't say I'm really up for the living green beds - I would be terrified of insects (it's not unreasoning fear I have allergies to certain insect bites and bee stings) but the rest of the items look awesome! I would encourage you to post these in the stickied thread by sim guru kimmi about references for concept artists.
    SkyeChimes wrote: »
    I can't say I'm really up for the living green beds - I would be terrified of insects (it's not unreasoning fear I have allergies to certain insect bites and bee stings) but the rest of the items look awesome! I would encourage you to post these in the stickied thread by sim guru kimmi about references for concept artists.

Thanks!! Thanks also for suggesting to post there, I just did it. (≧◡≦)  
    xyIcMqt.png

• SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member

You can untick the 'female' option and all the long hairs are open to men :)
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7