Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anybody else heart broken over these plant sims?

FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
I was all excited when I saw the update.. So after playing for close to two hours, I'm questioning what I got excited for..

Other than occasional leaves growing out of them, there isn't much to these plant sims at all.

No photosynthizing, absorbing puddles, trails of flowers, and least of all, no being able to grow plant sim babies out of the ground.. I'm crushed. :/

-not forgetting the way they could sprinkle seeds out of their heads to grow plant babies in Sims 2..

Comments

• FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    Let's hope you're right.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited April 2017
    Me. I'm upset because I love plantsims so much. They have so much potential to be great in this version, especially after seeing vampires.

Edit: And with them being free, I have no hopes of them being expanded on.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    I'm sure they won't be expanded on too, so I don't think I even care if they are temporary. *shrug*
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    If I'm going to be honest I don't think you really cared about PlantSims too much until EA patched in a half baked version.
    Not sure if that comment was at me or Dreamsinpixels. But either way, that's how I think too.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    To my understanding, they aren't really plant sims.

Yes, the need bars get changed to have water/sunlight. But the green skin and animation used are exactly the same as eating the ice cream. The ice cream is only a four hour buff, the seed gives a five day one and increases gardening.

I want real plant sims too.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    What would you all want out of fully fledged plant sims? I never played them much in the past cos they seemed kind of lame, so I don't understand what their full potential could be.

I could imagine a nice tropical kind of world, full of luscious plants and trees and plenty of lakes and rivers, for them to live in. But what would they do that was special?
  • Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    They can absorb puddles though
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I don't mind it being a temporary life state, but they could have added details or accessories like vines going up and down their arms, and legs or patches of bark appearing on their skin. Other than that I'm okay with it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    or a free update, it's as good as it gets. I liked it, but I'm really hoping for a improved version in the future (along with seasons maybe?). I loved plantsims in TS3, they used to go outside and turn into a plant , they were really well made. I always played with a plantsim/fairy hybrid with mods, such a funny combination.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I always felt like plant sims were a little over the top so I really like this version. But, who knows, keep providing feedback and let them know what you want in case they decide to make a whole new life state!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Not mine because I do not play these challenges and hope others that do, enjoy them. I find the challenges distracting getting in the way of what I want to accomplish so I ignore them.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yea I'm super bummed ... the whole idea around the challenge was a cute and I liked how we go about getting the forbidden fruit seed but the end result, the plant-sim itself, is soooooo oversimplified that it's quite sad :'( .

I wish they would have done something different for this challenge, like turn your sim into a social bunny (or freezer bunny). That way I'd be less salty with what they gave us, cause I'd have no expectations :(
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    If I'm going to be honest I don't think you really cared about PlantSims too much until EA patched in a half baked version.

6f5BTqa.jpg
    Post edited by xoJessi on
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I never cared for plant sims, so making them temporary with this event gave me a chance to test them. And to me they are fun because they are temporary. But a Sim Guru already tweeted that expanding on plant sims in the future could be an option, so why not start a petition and show how much you care about plant sims? I mean, I would not sign it, but so many people are complaining about this free addition that I am sure you guys could make some noise.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    I hope it's okay if I just quickly ask this question here...wasn't able to play the patch yet. So the Sims that turn into Plantsims will turn back into their old selves as soon as the event os over?
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I hope it's okay if I just quickly ask this question here...wasn't able to play the patch yet. So the Sims that turn into Plantsims will turn back into their old selves as soon as the event os over?

They are PlantSims for 5 days after they eat the forbidden fruit, then they turn back to normal. If you leave them without sun and water, they dehydrate and return to normal too, so you can have your Sim be a PlantSim for fewer than 5 days if you want. If you want to keep them as a PlantSim longer, just plant a forbidden fruit so you have an endless supply and can eat one every time you return to normal.

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    It's not something I care about. Don't want my game to look like "Face Off".
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    i wonder at what point would the devs realize we don't like half-done content
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I haven't even got one yet because I'm having trouble finding the last bean.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.