Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we ll get cars with the Family GP coming out?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
Cars can be family related eg teach teen to drive.

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't know, but i don't think. I think rather the PNC police. :smile:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I think that if they were bringing us cars they'd be the central focus of a pack and we'd have seen that in the trailer. The market for that would have some overlap with family players but be much broader.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    I think this pack is more school themed from what I could see but I'm not sure I just hope we get the police NPC back I want my sims to have a curfew again XD.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    No I don't
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    No.
    Just no.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Most likely no
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I don't think we'll get cars- unless it's 'Get in, Fade to lot, Get out' type of cars. :(

Maybe Subways? Maybe Train depots? Oh, those would be fun to travel. :)

I was thinking earlier that it would be cool to see trains in The Sims one day but as of yet the best we have seen is neighbourhood décor in TS2, a subway rabbit hole in TS3 and apparently the inaccessible monorail in TS4.

In TS5 I want to build my own rail network like in classic games such as Transport Tycoon. Has anyone ever played that game before? It was awesome! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Yubell wrote: »
    I think this pack is more school themed from what I could see but I'm not sure I just hope we get the police NPC back I want my sims to have a curfew again XD.

SimGuruNinja on twitter says Family.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't consider cars to be family play.
  • jbestxoxojbestxoxo Posts: 271 Member
    Nope, I don't think so :(
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Doubtful. Not to burst anyone else bubble but the "traveling" in this game make the need for cars obsolete. The only thing that they could do when adding cars is for animations only that's it. There's no real use or purpose for cars in this game.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    As stated by @Simfan923 cars would be obsolete in TS4. I must admit that I found them obsolete also when playing TS2. It was just a way to have a game much closer to reality but you could just sit in, have a trip, listen to music and other things. Developing cars would just take time from researching and experimenting on new things.
    See, I really miss the taxi or the car that would come to pick you up and get you at work but I would love to see maybe a SIM that can decide to travel a world with a bycicle rather than a car.

Also, I really think that the Family GP will be more about family time: new interactions between the parents and childs, new activities for the childs and teens to level up on skills that a SIM generally performs from YA, A, or E life state.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Reminds me of my teen years. In school, you took a driving class where the room was filled with Arcade looking machines. You sat in the chair, grabbed the steering wheel, and the screen moved along while you steered. You were graded on those!

With my kids, they don't teach it in school anymore, you have to pay to send them to driving school and teach them yourself.

Anyway, no, I don't see cars coming to S4. We have the illusion though :|
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Cant see how cars would relate to family play. Hopefully they will include strollers and trikes for toddlers.
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    As stated by @Simfan923 cars would be obsolete in TS4. I must admit that I found them obsolete also when playing TS2. It was just a way to have a game much closer to reality but you could just sit in, have a trip, listen to music and other things. Developing cars would just take time from researching and experimenting on new things.
    See, I really miss the taxi or the car that would come to pick you up and get you at work but I would love to see maybe a SIM that can decide to travel a world with a bycicle rather than a car.

Also, I really think that the Family GP will be more about family time: new interactions between the parents and childs, new activities for the childs and teens to level up on skills that a SIM generally performs from YA, A, or E life state.

I agree. I would rather have the carpool back. Bicycles would be nice to have back also.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    I hope not, in an open world I could understand why people want cars, but right now it would be useless, it would pretty much be clicking on the car, then select travel, your sim get in the car, and then loading screen, so what's the point? Beside wasting time on animation we can't even enjoy. To me if they judged elevators wasn't worth the time, I doubt they would waste time on cars cause it's pretty much the same thing, get in something then loading screen.

But yea I don't think they wasted time on cars in this pack, and I hope they won't waste time on cars on any pack, unless maybe they put that in a SP or as a free update.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Is it just me that feels like the game is missing something without cars? I get that it's not open world but we had cars in sims 2 and I definitely felt like it added something. I suppose it just breaks the immersion for me when my sims just disappear rather than actually driving off to work. I also like having my poor starter sims start off with a rubbish car and then getting a better one later on as a reflection of their new success. I think it would also be cool to have cars that can be worked on again, maybe have a mechanical skill/ career. Also it adds to gameplay when my teen sims can make out with their boyfriend/ girlfriend in the car where parents can't see ;) Would love to teach teens to drive again but not sure that would really work given the way the worlds are set up. However I don't feel they would add them back in this pack, feel like they would either have to come back in an expansion pack or be a game pack of their own given their size.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I doubt that honestly.
    They would have shown cars in the teaser if they were actually included.

I could see cars being their own stuff pack, just like Fast Lane for The Sims 3 that added a whole bunch of new cars.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I doubt it, to be honest.
  • joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    I would be happy with EA and cars if:
    • They put an animation for jumping in/out of the car
    • The trunk works
    • Toddlers get their little seats and adults are able to put them in
    • 8 people don't fit in a car for 4 people
    • Car accidents (doesn't have to be actually shown)
    • When traveling far, time will pass by while the loading screen goes by
    • NPC's riding motorcyles, bikes, skateboards around town, (hoverboards as well?)
    If they do this, I'd be fairly happy with loading screens.
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I don't think we will get cars in the upcoming game pack. It would be nice to see them return at some point, but I think it will be quite pointless since there is no open world. Unless we can see an animation of the sims actually getting into the car and driving away, like in The Sims 2, but judging from the way elevators were handled in City Living I think we won't get that.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Klthf wrote: »
    I don't think we will get cars in the upcoming game pack. It would be nice to see them return at some point, but I think it will be quite pointless since there is no open world. Unless we can see an animation of the sims actually getting into the car and driving away, like in The Sims 2, but judging from the way elevators were handled in City Living I think we won't get that.

Sims 2 was a closed world and it had cars.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    No I think this family GP will focus more with family and gameplay with family, so I'm hoping for more play equipment like swings and seesaws and possibly picnics with families. I think if EA were to make cars in the game, it''ll be a completely separate pack and maybe call it ''transport GP'' or something. EA could however give us a pram for the toddlers to travel in like in TS3 had-but that's a far fetched idea on my behalf! :blush: