Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That moment when you realize....

Bowling, Toddlers, Vampires, Apartments, Restaurants, Clubs, Businesses, load screens, Just realized i dont need #TheSims4, I got #TheSims2

-Wants a refund

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Ah, I don't mind having redux things from previous iterations. Sometimes they're actually better. Like the toddler in this game!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Dude where were you when TS3 came out? You know, the game that copy pasted a ton of it's animations from TS2?
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    That's nice, didn't really care but ok.

rude much
    giphy_1.gif
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    blame the community that keeps asking for the same stuff over and over in every sims game rather than letting EA try new things !
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »
    Bowling, Toddlers, Vampires, Apartments, Restaurants, Clubs, Businesses, load screens, Just realized i dont need #TheSims4, I got #TheSims2

-Wants a refund

That's what made me abandon Sims 3 (read load screens as lag) - why buy all the expansions again for a game that I liked half as much as the predecessor if I could just load said trusty old predecessor? But I quit Sims 3 in time, so no need for a refund.
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    edited April 2017
    Guys dont fall for the bait. Its going to escalate again.

Edit:Well its not EAs fault that old things got in the new game :wink:
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    Eh, I'm ok with it. It really does feel like they're redoing Sims 2 with this, which I'm not against, Sims 2 was great, but yeah. I'm sure they'll try other new things. It's just everyone is clamoring for all the stuff from the past interations. I honestly feel somethings are so intergal in the series that they should with the base game (Seasons, university.) but yeah I understand how you feel. I'll give sims 3 some credit, even though somethings were a flop, they did try new things (tomb raiding with WA, diffent life states like mermaids and fairies, into the future.)
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    blame the community that keeps asking for the same stuff over and over in every sims game rather than letting EA try new things !

Exactly...
    I'm actually more on the sims 3 bandwagon than 2 because of how far it took the game. though as i've been playing sims 2 recently i will definitely give it a whole lot more credit. its been a long time since i played and definitely comes from a time long lost and sadly forgotten.

being that i can hardly afford to buy anything for this game these days and upon revisiting the sims 2 after many years, i've realized everything i keep wishing i could afford to buy i already have.

why do i need to buy the same old 🐸🐸🐸🐸 again that i can barely afford? even better, when am i gonna see something new and different thats worth the struggle to buy?

(dont think of sims 4 as compared to other sims games... we cant have you doing that, think of it as its own game so we can sell you all that great stuff again that we always sell you and get you to like it.)

why do we need to waste a whole stuff pack just to get laundry? why not an update so we can get something more original and not the same old rehashed crap again and again and again.

I can only hope if this is a beautified sims 2 that the same will be done for the sims 3 next. yes, kinda contradicts my post, but if this is what the sims has to become, then make it fair, redo the sims 3 next, fix it, make it better and prettier and get it out of your system so you can plan a sims 6 intended to think outside the box and say it's time we move on to new ideas. or perhaps thinking outside the box is the problem. the comedy seems to have gotten lost. being bored and playing sims 2 lately i seem to have forgotten how silly that game can be at times. like the beavis and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 style pump your fist move with the mp3 player. and the occasional cut scenes were also a nice touch that seem to have also been abandoned. the game just feels like its come to a point where it is lacking thought and has become all about selling more stuff. more of the same stuff... and do it often. it's safe, people bought it before and they will buy it again. if they dont, they will buy it for their kids. its a win win.

The sims fan base isnt just new simmers, there are many of us here who been here longer than many of these new players have been alive. when you leave people with broken games they love and offer then new games that do nothing more than the old games, old timers will eventually start getting bored.

I finally became a sims 4 fan with the addition of toddlers and vampires, neither of which i even wanted, but was so impressed with those sims behaviors i thought we were finally getting somewhere, and decided I was finally a fan of the sims 4. now im not so sure. bowling? been there done that. looks at the new stuff pack ideas that were voted on... weddings? we already have them... do we really need to dump more money into this idea? starter homes? ok, i'll bite, Cyclonesue quit the business, that leaves a hole. i could see that being stuff we need. Arcade? Do i really need a video game where i play a video game character that i have to sit and watch play video games, rather just playing video games myself? maybe im looking at it wrong. i dont feel like playing video games today, so i'm gonna let my sim play while i sit and watch. Boring. but sure why not... wanna add this crap? people wanna buy this crap? sure go for it. but could we atleast have occasional opportunities to buy packs that think out of the box and do something totally new. ahh... laundry! thats just what i always... ... ... ... ... ... didnt have in mind. Where's will wright when you need him? has anyone tried to get him on the phone lately? maybe he's gotten bored with summer camp or whatever the hell he left to do. or was he just jumping ship before the plane crashes? I hope not the latter.
    and i hope theres a new will wright out there just waiting to be found.

It's sad that the only competition out there against the sims are the previous sims games themselves, and they still cant keep up. all i see are great features removed and nothing gained. Disappointing.

• ChalkyMalkyChalkyMalky Posts: 120 Member
    Quality over quantity,dear.
  • ChalkyMalkyChalkyMalky Posts: 120 Member
    Quality over quantity,dear.

sorry if i sound rude ;v;
    all good. ;)
    Dude where were you when TS3 came out? You know, the game that copy pasted a ton of it's animations from TS2?

I was too busy enjoying the sims 3

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Too late for a refund, bro.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    It's a beautiful day for fishing.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    @CyrusTheLoser Yeah. "Hey, you know what? We're giving you the ability to choose a pack that could greatly enhance death and everything about it for the first ti-- wait, what are you doing? Are you seriously... oh god, you aren't voting for the LAUNDRY, ARE YOU!?!?"
    I think some of the developers might have lost their faith in humanity there for a second :D
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Somethings I don't mind them repeating but others, yeah I get it.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Wants my University. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    ... You mean Sims 2 has just as good or better graphics (Sim design) as Sims 4? If things don't look as nice graphics wise, in my OWN opinion why go back to an older version for the same stuff but inferior looks to the game...?
    But hey, if it works or would work for you, more power to ya!
    The look of the game IS important to me so... Even if I had Sims 2 and I found/ find the look to the game and game play are somehow inferior, I'd find it hard to give up Sims 4 for it. But to each their own.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »

-Wants a refund
    I don't have bowling, but toddlers are much better, vampires are much better, apartments so-so, clubs much better, business well that's actually worse and load screens are worse too (hoping for an update there :D )
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    lol you knew well enough what you were buying. No refund!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Can you blame EA?
    When City Living was announced people were complaining that it was nothing like the previous Nightlife games. If you ask for the biggest requests its for games we've had before. People don't like change and will always gravitate to whats familiar because it worked well before. I haven't really had any issues with EA's changes like the redone EP's or the new way of selling SP's (which I don't understand why people have an issue with). Redoing content is really the safest option for them.
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    @CyrusTheLoser Yeah. "Hey, you know what? We're giving you the ability to choose a pack that could greatly enhance death and everything about it for the first ti-- wait, what are you doing? Are you seriously... oh god, you aren't voting for the LAUNDRY, ARE YOU!?!?"
    I think some of the developers might have lost their faith in humanity there for a second :D

Yeah. I was genuinely surprised that won. Like holy hell the death pack sounded more intresting. But whatever, I wouldn't mind the rehashing if they turn out like the toddlers and Vampires. As long as they add something new, a different spin, or flesh out the gameplay more i'd be happy.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Can you blame EA?
    When City Living was announced people were complaining that it was nothing like the previous Nightlife games. If you ask for the biggest requests its for games we've had before. People don't like change and will always gravitate to whats familiar because it worked well before. I haven't really had any issues with EA's changes like the redone EP's or the new way of selling SP's (which I don't understand why people have an issue with). Redoing content is really the safest option for them.
    @lovejess2 I wish that wasn't the case though. There is a whole list of things that weren't done in Sims 3, why not do those in Sims 4?
    Then again, by redoing previous features they can also greatly enhance them. See vampires and toddlers. That's why I'm genuinely excited for when the Pets EP gets released. I'm expecting it to be a large improvement too. And I'm excited for their new take on Into the Future too (if that ever happens... I hope so!).
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    That's nice, didn't really care but ok.

why commenting if you "really" don't care
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2