Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Laundry come in an Update?

Back when Cool Kitchen Stuff was released we got dishwashers in a Patch and some Cool Kitchen-exclusive dishwashers in the Stuff Pack.
Will this also be the case with Eco Living Stuff? (Eco Friendly Stuff)
There could be washing machines in a Patch and there are new eco friendly machines in the Stuff Pack and a eco friendly Clothes line!

This would be the only possibility to build on the laundry feature later on. (e.g. Cats sleeping on top of a washing machine)
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Yes, please :) I agree!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    No we had to pay for laundry - it has never been a freebie. I think we only got the one dishwasher because all the Sims games always had a dishwasher - and in that case they were just replacing a missing item. Laundry on the other hand was new to sims in Sims 3 and not something we can ever expect for free. It was 20 bucks in Sims 3 for one set and even more expensive for the three sets in the Sims store.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TerrenceWorldTerrenceWorld Posts: 18 New Member
    I do think that we will receive laundry in the pack and not in a free update and this will allow us to finally use the hampers that have been in the game. I do however think that with the laundry they could try a new approach were they might try and make washing machines and a way to hand wash and dry the clothes so it is more eco friendly in that way.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Clothes lines
    ...are also very eco friendly. ;)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    We had the clothes line option in Sims 3 too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Back when Cool Kitchen Stuff was released we got dishwashers in a Patch and some Cool Kitchen-exclusive dishwashers in the Stuff Pack.
    Will this also be the case with Eco Living Stuff? (Eco Friendly Stuff)
    There could be washing machines in a Patch and there are new eco friendly machines in the Stuff Pack and a eco friendly Clothes line!

This would be the only possibility to build on the laundry feature later on. (e.g. Cats sleeping on top of a washing machine)

The work that's being done as part of this project that you're all voting on will be part of a Stuff Pack that's released, and will require a purchase to play with. Even though we sometimes release features at the same time, the team of people who work on a Stuff Pack is different from the Engagement team (that's what we call the group working on features that get released in free updates.)
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I refuse to pay for laundry in this game. If that's the pack that gets chosen, then that's $10 I get to keep from EA.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I refuse to pay for laundry in this game. If that's the pack that gets chosen, then that's $10 I get to keep from EA.

Why would you expect laundry for free. It is not a missing base game item and we never had laundry until Sims 3. There is no reason we should ever expect free laundry in the sims.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited April 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Why would you expect laundry for free. It is not a missing base game item and we never had laundry until Sims 3 store. There is no reason we should ever expect free laundry in the sims.

Ever since toddlers so many are expecting everything for free. When bowling was announced, I was disgusted by how many were posting on the blog. Is it free? Is it free? Pllllzzzzz be free! I have no moneh!!! It better be free!

I've seen people expecting pets and seasons for free. As if companies don't actually have to make MONEY and pay developers and artists. Like money and resources just rain down from the heavens.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Why would you expect laundry for free. It is not a missing base game item and we never had laundry until Sims 3 store. There is no reason we should ever expect free laundry in the sims.

Ever since toddlers so many are expecting everything for free. When bowling was announced, I was disgusted by how many were posting on the blog. Is it free? Is it free? Pllllzzzzz be free! I have no moneh!!! It better be free!

I've seen people expecting pets and seasons for free. As if companies don't actually have to make MONEY and pay developers and artists. Like money and resources just rain down from the heavens.

Wow - did not know that. I cannot believe they would think this about things not missing from base game. Granted who doesn't like free - but to expect it for all kinds of stuff outside of that base game missing items - is mind blowing to me.

Interesting to say the least.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    LaurenF98LaurenF98 Posts: 4 New Member
    I feel like frugal would be a good trait to bring in with this eco stuff pack, bills and other things you can purchase could be a lot cheaper, and if you have dine out there could be an option to "beg for discount" making the sims you are in a group with embarrassed
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    LaurenF98 wrote: »
    I feel like frugal would be a good trait to bring in with this eco stuff pack, bills and other things you can purchase could be a lot cheaper, and if you have dine out there could be an option to "beg for discount" making the sims you are in a group with embarrassed

Good ideas! New options for the haggle interaction. I like the idea of living off the grid with minimal bills. I used to love watching the show "Extreme Cheapskates" and the crazy levels they would go to in order to save a buck. It would be interesting to see how frugal our sims could be. bring back coupon clipping, but instead of the newspaper, it could be a computer interaction. Coupons could be for vendor foods, grocery stall items, books, etc.

Family flush with the chance of a clogged toilet more often? :D
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member

Frugal is already a trait - it lowers bills. Or would, if it wasn't bugged (all my sims have it, and without knowing what their bills would otherwise be, I can't tell it is bugged).
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    TriX0099 wrote: »

Frugal is already a trait - it lowers bills. Or would, if it wasn't bugged (all my sims have it, and without knowing what their bills would otherwise be, I can't tell it is bugged).

It's not bugged, at least for me. My Sim who had that trait died, and instead of paying around 7,500 for bills, I am now paying around 10,000.

I think people want a "Frugal" trait that will dictate more than just bill amounts. That's basically just a perk, not something that affects the Sim's personality. I think there was a trait in Sims 3 (was it called Frugal too?) where Sims who threw out food that wasn't spoiled would get a negative moodlet about wasting. And like others have said, there would be more unique interactions and wants associated with the trait.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    TriX0099 wrote: »

It's not bugged, at least for me. My Sim who had that trait died, and instead of paying around 7,500 for bills, I am now paying around 10,000.

I think people want a "Frugal" trait that will dictate more than just bill amounts. That's basically just a perk, not something that affects the Sim's personality. I think there was a trait in Sims 3 (was it called Frugal too?) where Sims who threw out food that wasn't spoiled would get a negative moodlet about wasting. And like others have said, there would be more unique interactions and wants associated with the trait.

I have seen bug reports about it not working. As I said, I wouldn't be able to tell if it is bugged for me :)

I understand wanting a lot of other things associated with being frugal. I was just pointing out that we already do have a trait, with that name, and what it does :)

So do they suggest adding more to the trait we already have, if you get the new pack? Or rename either the new, or the old one?

(My sims are already very frugal and eco-friendly, and use the nano-trashcan for spoiled food).