Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems after installing bowling pack

I am having some issues since installing the bowling pack. After I enter the cheat, "testingcheats on" in the console panel and click on a Sim to take him or her into CAS, the family I am playing shows up instead of the Sim I clicked on. As a result, I cannot modify Sims in game, other than the current family I am playing. In addition, when I enter Game options and click on "Other" (I think this is the option), the game crashes. I have never had problems like this in the past. Has anyone else encountered these issues?

Comments

• lolatortlolatort Posts: 38 Member

It's has nothing to do with the bowling pack – it's a known issue the latest patch has caused (and it's not mac-specific). There's even a thread about it on Answers HQ Bug Reports (which I unfortunately can't link to).
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    Thank you so much for this information!

You're very welcome! Btw, I found editing townies from the Edit World menu easier than using the cas cheat. I burned myself using the cas cheat once (aged all my sims in CAS and they lost their extra traits), and learned to love the Edit World way – it used to be very limited, but now you can change almost everything (besides muscle/fat sliders).
    I do this occasionally. I guess I need to be more patient :-) I like to do the edits immediately rather than returning to the Edit world screen.

On another subject, I have also found that when I have a social event of any sort, the goal system is missing. There is just a timer available now. Has anyone experienced this too?
    There's been two types of social events for a while now, "goalless" one, which is now a default I think, and the other option (forgot the name) with goals. You have to tick the right one. Unless you're experiencing some bug?
    (I can't edit my post, but it's called prestige event)
    edited April 2017
    lolatort wrote: »
    There's been two types of social events for a while now, "goalless" one, which is now a default I think, and the other option (forgot the name) with goals. You have to tick the right one. Unless you're experiencing some bug?

There were always goals in the past for weddings and birthdays but they seem to have disappeared. I never had an option to tick something. Maybe this is a bug?