Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ninnster's Showcase - New: Restaurante Del Mare

Comments

• masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Wow, this is such a fabulous showcase, I have thoroughly enjoyed browsing through your beautiful creations. It's great to see how your inspiration pics transform into S4 reality, truly amazing work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Wowzers, you knocked it completely out of the park with the King's Head pub, it's amazing!!! The exterior is so perfect for an English pub, and love that the dormers are asymmetrical, perfect design. Also loving the outdoors terrace, beautiful space to enjoy a drink when the weather is noce (and it always is in Sims 4, until they add Seasons lolz :wink: ). Gorgeous interiors! You added so well to your existing music/dance room! The colours are beautiful and together with a spot on decorating job, this build just breathes English pub, fantastic job! B) And wonderful job on the landscaping, the overgrown elements fit this build to a T, great work!

Haha, did have to laugh looking over your screenshot and seeing an alien sim there casually enjoying a drink! :smiley: Not exactly what you'd expect in an classic English pub, love it! :)
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @masajo Oh you sweet sweet thing :heart: Thank you so much for stopping by my thread, and for taking the time to go through it! I'm glad you like that I include the images that inspire me to build :) It's comments like yours that boosts my confidence and pushes me to continue! :blush:

@Corwim You amazingly kind person you :heart: That comment made my whole day, because for all the kind and warm comments I have gotten today, yours really tops it :) It makes so happy that you like the interior, because I really did too, and I kept trying to think through the whole build "What would I see in an English pub". I think that helped keep me on the right track, and this is probably the most consistent I have been through all my builds, when it comes to both interior and exterior. Thank you so much! :blush:

How funny that you mention that alien chick! haha! I was playtesting and suddenly saw her sitting there as if she was trying to blend in, but was in fact sticking out like a sore thumb :D I guess this upscale English pub attracts all kinds of people.. or maybe she's stalking someone :p
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Laebeth I love the interior of your pub also. Your latest build really is fantastic.

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited September 2017
    Rock'n Bowl

Lot size: 30x30
    Cost: $94,232
    Lot type: Bar

Gallery link

Inspiration:

So, the new stuff pack is here, and it's bowling! I have always enjoyed bowling, as it is something my dad, me and my siblings did often. So when this pack came out, I had to make a bowling alley. I decided to go with a retro theme. I had several ideas, but this is the one I had the clearest vision for. I also made the layout of the building quite similar to what I am used to when bowling. When trying to decide on the style of the interior though I did struggle a little. Then I found this photo that inspired the color scheme.

fgZrGnA.jpg

I have no regrets about the color scheme or the style, but the office and the lounge are question marks though. Oh well. The good thing is, people can always change that themselves if they want to. I am a perfectionist, so I am not, and will probably never be, 100% happy with anything I build, but in this case I was (surprisingly to me) extremely pleased with the exterior. So much so I was wondering if I should also use it to make a proper diner :tongue: Maybe one day.

Front view:
    pzK3Xhm.png

Back view:
    5S7d3j5.png

Floor plan:
    yofAPD1.png

Night view:
    a4Td5If.png

As you enter the building there is an office to the left that belongs to the owner/manager. Here he/she can check financials, go through the archives or have talks with the employees... or just play computer games and slack off.
    Wi66ftr.png

As you enter the bowling alley there is a counter where you can pay for your shoe and lane rentals. There is also a snack bar at the same counter, where you can fetch a drink or some food if needed. There is plenty of seating available to Sims that wish to eat, or just hang out.
    GKvUUAx.png
    elCPMT8.png

The arrow indicates where to access the bowling lanes, and makes it easier for customers to get oriented.
    WtxUGCm.png

There are three lanes and they each have a cubicle where Sims can relax while waiting on their turn while playing. Here you can also find the bowling rack. (I did notice that the lights have changed colors in the photos. This happened while playtesting, since the game automatically changes the lighting to dark/blue. In the downloaded version the lights are colored, but I do think they look just as striking on the wall as a feature in just their normal light... but that's me).
    sb07ZOW.png
    iYGH8EL.png
    sRianiX.png
    wxtNtwM.png

The restrooms can easily be found behind the main counter in the bowling alley.
    dRxb44h.png
    BCZOk5b.png

There is also a small TV/Lounge area where Sims can enjoy relaxing in a slightly more quiet environment, and maybe even watch some TV.
    lGUfhb2.png
    Mfmes7d.png

This lounge area also has a small coffee shop where you can get some espresso, a cupcake or even some ice cream (50s style). This is only open during normal daytime opening hours, and not at night.
    AywSZWa.png
    Post edited by Ninnster on

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Sounds like you've thought out your design pretty thoroughly! Good job! Half of architectural planning is thinking about how people use their space.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Rock n Bowl is a very nice bowling venue for sims to enjoy visiting! :) The name of the venue is great! Very nice exterior design of the venue! The slanted roofing looks great! The large neon bowling sign outside the venue looks great! The red and white awnings looks nice over the front windows, and the bowling pictures look great on the front exterior wall!
    The retro theme of the venue looks very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior ! The office nook is great for the manager to use the computer at the desk table there. Very nice brown and green colour scheme of the build ! It looks very effective how you have used the colours in the venue! The brown chequered flooring looks nice, with touches of green tiles there as well. It looks very nice how the tables and chairs have been set up in the room. Sims will enjoy sitting there having a drink from the bar. The combination of both green and brown coloured chairs looks very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables having a drink from the bar. The bar counter nook looks great! The retro pictures on the wall looks great, and the bowling pins and bowling trophies and rosettes are nice touches on the shelves and wall. Sims will enjoy listening to the juke box music whilst having a drink. The counter area where sims can go to collect their bowling shoes looks great! The cash register and bowling pins on the counter is a great touch there. The bowling themed shelf looks nice on the entrance nook wall. The big arrow sign on the other wall looks great! Very nice bowling lanes area! It looks very nice how the wall dividers separate the area off, as well as separating off each the lane nooks near the back wall. The bowling ball racks look great there, and the stool and lamp for each nook is a nice touch.The star clock looks nice on the wall.The patterned wall lights on the side wall look great! Nice green and white colour scheme of the bathroom. The lounge area is a very nice place for sims to rest in the armchairs , chat and watch tv. It is nice that there is a coffee shop nook there for sims to get coffee and food from.
    Sims will have lots of fun visiting and bowling in your venue! :)
    @Xinqun I try, I really do! haha. I spend a lot of time thinking about what rooms make sense to have in a build. In this particular build I considered many options for that lounge area, and for the office. I considered a bar/dance area, I considered a karaoke area, I considered a full on American diner in the back there with more seating, I considered a private room for functions.. to make these function and look well I would need more space though, so it would feel a bit "I just crammed this in here". For that reason I chose a lounge, since I needed the TV for the bar anyway, and the whole bakery thing was a bit of a whim but... haha! The office too just made sense. You'd have an office in most community buildings so.. :)

I guess this is all part of that journey of becoming a better and smarter builder :tongue: I'm getting there!

@rosemow Thank you for the feedback! I very much appreciate you taking the time to do such an in depth review :) I'm glad you liked it!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Rock 'n Bowl looks amazing! I love the exterior design, very tasteful and immediately would draw the attention of anyone passing by. And love the colour scheme of your interior rooms! It's one you might think wouldn't work together, but then seeing what you did with it, it works absolutely perfect in each and every room. B) Also loving the retro vibe throughout the entire build and fun decorating details.

And totally agreeing with Xinqun here, your design is not only very beautiful, it is also very functional with everything placed logically so both players and their simmies will have a wonderful time hanging out here. Fantastic design!
    edited March 2017
    Oh stop you! You're gonna make me blush! :blush:

Thanks @Corwim , I can always count on you to give me such awesome feedback, just like Rosemow :heart:
    Be careful though, my ego might inflate to unhealthy proportions! :D

I think I have been building so much lately I need a break though. I have plans to start a whole new game and populate it with houses and people and really create a fun world to play in, and then actually play. I haven't done that in so long. And now I have so many awesome builds that needs a world to be placed in! I am saving a spot for your coffee shop... because I need a coffee shop!

I say this and then I bet you anything that tomorrow I am going to get another idea for a build, and away I go again.... :tongue:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Hehe, when it's good it deserves to be said! ;) Sounds like a very fun plan redesigning an entire new save game, and all the builds and sims in them! B) Will look forward to your builds and sims for it! So kind of you to save a spot for my coffee shop, it's still pretty far away from being finished, so don't hold your breath for it. ;) And too many ideas for builds, sounds very familiar! Trying to build a bowling room, but I have too many directions I want to go, so many possibilities, help haha! :)
    @Corwim Don't worry about the coffee shop, it's done when it's done :tongue: No pressure at all!

Too many ideas for the bowling room hey? Mmmm, I know how that is. Like I told Rosemow, when I started thinking about the challenge I had 3 ideas: 1. An upper class high society bowling alley (since rich people don't want to mingle with common folk). 2. A teenage hangout type bowling alley. 3. The retro vibe bowling alley. The teenage one I just didn't manage to get a clear vision for, and as for the other two... an upper class venue I think would be fun, but I just liked the retro idea better.

I am sure you think of something. Vampire bowling? Alien bowling? Pretty princess kids bowling? haha. The possibilities are endless!

@BreeMiles Thanks sweets :kissing_heart:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Hi @Laebeth I just went through your amazing showcase and Wow your builds are so amazing very beautiful and I just bookmarked your showcase :)
    @chips46 Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment! :) I very much appreciate it. I am glad you liked my builds! I am still learning, but it's a lot of fun :smiley:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Hehe, three great ideas for bowling venues, and yes, the possibilities are endless! :smile: But you executed the idea you landed on perfectly, so I'm glad you went for the retro themed one. B) Actually played around with the idea of building a bowling venue for vamps, I kid you not haha, but I have another idea now that I'll be working on over the weekend. Although that alien bowling idea sounds intriguing as well, I must say. :smiley:
    So my dear friends..

I wanted to post a few photos of my latest WIP, because I am a bit stuck, and I could need some feedback.

I got this idea to create a kids bowling alley after suggestion it to Corwim on a complete whim. haha! :tongue:
    Now, the issue I have is that I think I have something pretty good going on... but I don't know if it's necessarily screaming "kids bowling".

I was going for a sort of rainbow theme, since that is a fairly easy theme and leaves me with a lot of freedom to do the interior in many ways.

What do you guys think? Is it enough "kids"? What is missing? What I am I not seeing?
    Any suggestions on what I can try? Keep fountains? Take them away? More lights? Less lights? I just need a different angle to try out I think :sweat:

This is the 3rd rebuild, so I am getting closer and closer, but I feel I am just around the corner from getting it where I want.

Heeeelp!

3CnD6m8.png?1
    vYTZvVM.png?1

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    The WIP is looking so very great! :) The rainbow coloured walls on both sides of the entrance looks very nice! The coloured walls and the water fountains look very effective! The enlarged toys placed between the bowling pins look great! Very nice roofing! The curved roofing, the zig zag lights,the large bowling pins and the sign all look great there! It is a nice touch how the lights have been placed on the edges of the curved roof area.
    I think that it does look kids themed :) The build is looking very great!
    Looking good. I like the multi-layered thing with the coloured walls and enlarged superhero figures.

I don't do fountains in my builds very often, so I wonder ... is it possible to put those fountain jets on the floor without an actual fountain basin for water? Would they work, and how would sims deal with them? Because when I think "kids" and "fountain" together, I think of those urban park instalments where the fountain is just a jet in the bare concrete/tile, and kids can play in them.
    edited April 2017
    @rosemow Thank you for the feedback! I am glad you think it looks kids themed!

@Xinqun I know what you mean, I've seen those fountains yes :) Uhm, it is possible to place them straight on the ground (i think I have moo on so that's probably it) but they will sort of sit on top of the ground, not sunk into the ground. I took some photos when I tested it in live mode. Just to see how they are placed.

I asked my boyfriend, and he thought the bowling sign was disconnected with the two superheroes. Not sure if he even knows what he means, but he didn't like the "boomerang". haha. So I tried to change it to a more discreet option and chose the black/pink version. I kept the left roof top green, and changed the right to pink, to kind of match the bowling sign.

I also removed the bowling pins next to the superheroes, just so that the focus is more on them. They pop out more now I think. I *will* find the perfect exterior in there! haha. I just have to tweak it I think.

R8hAhKh.png?1
    bYmTWxf.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Lolz, I see now what you mean when you said you were going to start a new save and repopulate it with houses and sims and then playing it, UNLESS another building idea came along! :smiley:

I really like the WIP you've got going on, love the rainbow theme, that is perfect for a kids' bowling alley! Those rescaled dolls also fit the theme beautifully and go together well with the rainbow colours too. The fountains are another fun, fitting addition. The only thing that doesn't scream kids to me (and bare in mind, this is coming from a person with exactly ONE finished lot in his gallery :wink: ) is the dark/black colour of the rest of the building. I think black looks great with the rainbow colours, especially in the night pictures, but kids would bowl during the day and maybe a lighter coloured building would appeal to them more. Have you tried switching it to a white colour, or maybe a soft coloured brick wall pattern (like sand coloured, if that excists in the game, not sure)? I'm probably completely wrong lol, but maybe it'll get you going again. :smile: Will be looking forward to the finished build, it's looking super promising already! B)
    @Corwim Yeah.... I *knew* it would happen!.. but hey, I *did* get on my way populating the new game! I started in Newcrest. I am making a suburban area. Not building it all myself, but using other peoples wonderful creations! hehe. Too much building... :tongue:

Uhm, funny you mention the black, because it HAS been on my mind! I actually did try a few other options, but always went back to black. That might be the last tweak I need though, because like you mentioned, when it's for kids it's designed for daytime, and not really night. So it *should* be lighter.. I think I will have to do more testing, and also try out having different walls and textures. Maybe that last tweak I need for it to be perfect is in there somewhere!

Thanks for the tip!

I'll save it as is in the library and start testing wall textures :smiley:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited April 2017
    Hehe, I understand, building is a lot of fun and must say I haven't really played the game much either in the last two months. :smile: Newcrest would look great as a suburban world, that sounds like such a fun project!

Black does look good against those rainbow colours, but like you said with the roofing in my coffee shop build, if something doesn't quite work for this particular build, remove, try a different approach and see where you end up. I'm absolutely certain you'll figure it out! B) And can't wait to see what you'll do with the rainbow colours on the interiors, such a cool idea!
    @Laebeth , under "Fountain Decorations", check out the Spitfire Fountain. It looks like a little black disk that you can just put on the floor without any water basin, and it says it's supposed to emit "unpredictable bursts of water". It looks like a pretty playful option!