Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IDK, Barbara? (We are bad at naming things) -- A United Reading Heptagon

Comments

• CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Disgusting food... I like all the food. :s
    Weird things I eat I guess, would probably be stuff like dinuguan? It's a filipino dish that looks like mud. I didn't like looking at it when I was little because it looked like mud, and I'm still a little mad at myself that I like it because the taste is better than it looks LOL
    There are more flattering pictures of it online, but here's one that isn't flattering so you can get a visual on why I think it looks like mud LOL

I'm filipino so I guess anything filipino would be considered more exotic?

I think I've had dodol before. It does look familiar, but I can't remember how it tastes to me. Never had brem! I'm not that much of a drinker. I usually opt for whatever beer when I have to. One of my favorites is Five Rabbit, totally not because I'm a low key rabbit maniac and there's a rabbit on it so I'm more inclined to keep drinking it

Cheese and Banana? Guava butter and Cheese?! What are these combinations?! :joy: That sounds wild on the taste buds :joy:
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Haha! I like all food except Spam. :s That has to be the most disgusting for me! However, I have never had or heard of most of the weird foods you guys are talking about!

Off to read some more!
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Ooh I got one thing that people think disgusting but I love them. I love canned Sardines. The thing is the one I have, have a good variety of sauce that is mostly spicy so it didn't smell fishy, well, it's still fishy but not too fishy.
    bigpic.png
    Balado Sauce is my favorite
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
    AkramA wrote: »
    Ooh I got one thing that people think disgusting but I love them. I love canned Sardines. The thing is the one I have, have a good variety of sauce that is mostly spicy so it didn't smell fishy, well, it's still fishy but not too fishy.
    bigpic.png
    Balado Sauce is my favorite

Yep - gross - lol - But my son loves them. I have no idea why.
  • SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    Huh, @Cement not going to lie, at first I really thought that photo was just a photo of mud with some leafs, then I saw that it was actually food! Is it spicy? Anyway, I'm not sure if I would enjoy it...I like sweets more! I even thought that I could eat a cricket if it was coverd in caramel! There's a drink made of rabbits? That sounds interresting! And the combinations may sound wild, but they actuallly very nice! :smiley:
    @AkramA I didn't know there wa sardine that came with sauce! Thought that was only ''sardine-sardine'' cane sardine!
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Haha, I know, right? It's not spicy, it's more... How to describe it... It's mild, and tastes more meaty? I guess? It's got that generic flavor of those bay leaves in it too. Even if it's the end of the world, I'll never eat a bug. Never. :sob:
    And no, no, it's not made of rabbits! That's just the brand name :joy: If it was made of rabbits, I'd cry! I love bunnies way too much :pensive:
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I've loved reading about everyone's different foods that they eat. I'm going to have to look some of those up once I'm home on my computer. If I had to think about foods that others find weird, I think I'll have to go straight to Soul Food. It's a type of American food that originated with slaves in the South. My family is from the south before moving to Chicago, so we've retained a lot of those recipes.

I find a lot of people don't like pigs feet, chittlerlings, succotash. Some don't even like collard greens, jumbalaya, or crawfish boil. Sorry I don't have the links to post, but I'm on my phone.

I used to love sardines before I stopped eating canned goods. Is eat them with saltine crackers and Frank's red Spot hot sauce. But I got one sardine once that was very pregnant and full of eggs, and the eggs did NOT look like caviar. I've kinda been off​ sardines since then.
    @Arrowleaf I am following your blog on wordpress, so I get e-mails whenever you post something new.

I just got this e-mail, but I can't figure out what post it leads to. Everything I click just says oops, page not found. What's the link for your post?

uBtWcpI.jpg
    I used to love sardines before I stopped eating canned goods. Is eat them with saltine crackers and Frank's red Spot hot sauce. But I got one sardine once that was very pregnant and full of eggs, and the eggs did NOT look like caviar. I've kinda been off​ sardines since then.

Huh, I'm pretty sure they need to debone the sardines first before canning it, so they must've seen the eggs inside. Eww. And then I went to google and found one that have the picture of it and it doesn't look good.
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited March 2017
    @cecerose0208 Hahaha, I was writing on my phone a few nights ago (I write directly into wordpress) and my dog hit my phone out of my hand and published it somehow. It wasn't done, so I just deleted it. I was hoping no one would notice xD

4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited March 2017
    Oh I hate when stuff like that happens @Arrowleaf ! Haha

Alright, working again today (booooo) but tonight I hope to continue reading. I'm trying to focus on catching up with 1-2 stories at a time so I don't get overwhelmed! So currently I'm flip-flopping between Cement's story and Mark's. I'm slowly getting there, guys :) (and CeCe, I'm debating going back and starting yours over because it's been so long! Or at least skimming the past chapters as a refresher first before I dive in and start catching up :) )
    snvAF3B.png
    Hey, hey!
    Just to say that unfortunatly, I will possibly have a 2 week hiatus starrting tomorrow here in the forums...Have to study for some important things, so, neeed full focus! But, as I'm doing like one content per day if I am able to finish the conten and have some free-time, I might come here, long story short, don't count on m being here the next too weeks, but don't be surprise if I appear here someday!
    See you in two weeks or less! :) *waves*
    Good luck with your studying, @Sourocha ! Thanks for letting us know you'll be absent for a bit. :) We'll miss you!
    snvAF3B.png
    @Sourocha - We will miss your random questions! :)
    Good luck studying @Sourocha

Hey, everybody, I'm all caught up!!!!!!! Happy dance!!!!

I know everyone else is still catching up, but I feel good. And I'm so engrossed in everyone's stories. I have so many comments and questions and whatnot, so I'm really looking forward to when we start having story-focused discussions.

And on the opposite note, Where is your favorite place you have ever travelled?

Mine is Brussels, Belgium. I freaking loved that city! I would move there tomorrow if I got a job offer, it just fit me so well. The culture, the food, the music, the people. I cannot wait until my next trip to Europe, I'm going to figure out a way to get back there for a visit.
    edited March 2017
    Where is your favorite place you have ever travelled?btw I'm going to start the study routine tomorrow, right now I have some time! :joy:
    I think I have ''the one'' place that I visited, so, I will only put he top 3 that I liked most, each one in their very diferent way. :)

Paris, France, for some reason, that place I liked very much, the food, the eiffel tower, the food, I can still remember when I ate a nutella crepe! Hum! So delicious! There was osme nice museons, and I stayied in a hotel that would serve crosaint and orange juice evryday! Delicious!

Orlando, U.S.A, In orlando there just so much to do, so many parks, so many...parks! :D There's disney, there's universal, there's not snow! Was there where I founded out a restaurant where you only paied one time and could eat how many pizza slices you wanted!

Gramado, Brazil, I enjoyed mostly because it looked like a little germany inside brazil, it had mostly it architecture, I remember the smell of fresh-made bread and others things from a local bakery, the trips in the wine factorys, how much nice it was to simply walk around the city, the show of lights, the little parade, the new-year party...very nice!
    Sourocha wrote: »
    Where is your favorite place you have ever travelled?btw I'm going to start the study routine tomorrow, right now I have some time! :joy:
    I think I have ''the one'' place that I visited, so, I will only put he top 3 that I liked most, each one in their very diferent way. :)

Paris, France, for some reason, that place I liked very much, the food, the eiffel tower, the food, I can still remember when I ate a nutella crepe! Hum! So delicious! There was osme nice museons, and I stayied in a hotel that would serve crosaint and orange juice evryday! Delicious!

Orlando, U.S.A, In orlando there just so much to do, so many parks, so many...parks! :D There's disney, there's universal, there's not snow! Was there where I founded out a restaurant where you only paied one time and could eat how many pizza slices you wanted!

Gramado, Brazil, I enjoyed mostly because it looked like a little germany inside brazil, it had mostly it architecture, I remember the smell of fresh-made bread and others things from a local bakery, the trips in the wine factorys, how much nice it was to simply walk around the city, the show of lights, the little parade, the new-year party...very nice!

I loved Paris too!! The only reason it isn't higher on my list is because it reminded me so much of New York City. I love NYC too, but it's hard to mark a place as favorite that feels just like home. It was like NYC with older architecture, more armed guard security officers, and much older plumbing, lol. And the pastry is sooo good in Paris, but then again, New York has it's bagels and pizza which are hard to match.

I love Orlando. I went to college in northern Florida, plus my family loves to vacation, so I've been a few times. I love Universal Studios and Disney World. Roller coasters are so great, even though I'm starting to have some motion sickness now with certain moving vehicles, I still love it. I have some friends who live there, so even the city away from the amusement parks is lovely.

I've never been to Brazil. But it is on my to do list. I would love to go to Rio for Carnivale. That's a bucket list level wish!
    @Sourocha - I love this question. I have a few too.

London I went for work so I didn't get the full experience. :( My husband went with me and he enjoyed it immensely. He drives me crazy to this day talking with a British accent and asking for tea and crackers. Of course I got teased for my southern accent by my work colleagues. Also, we actually got to go first class with the sleep pods. That was awesome!

Hawaii We have been to three of the islands but never just the two of us. We always had family with us. Kawaii was by far my favorite island. :) It's small, beautiful, intimate and just relaxing. We took a helicopter tour into one of the dead volcanoes that formed the island. It was breathtaking. They also have double rainbows all the time. It is a very close second to my favorite.

Aruba This is the favorite place I have ever been. My hubby and I went alone. Maybe it was that coupled with the gorgeous white sand beaches, the small intimate island and the friendliest people you will ever find. We want to go back. It was totally a second honeymoon. <3
    AudreyFld wrote: »

London I went for work so I didn't get the full experience. :( My husband went with me and he enjoyed it immensely. He drives me crazy to this day talking with a British accent and asking for tea and crackers. Of course I got teased for my southern accent by my work colleagues. Also, we actually got to go first class with the sleep pods. That was awesome!

Hawaii We have been to three of the islands but never just the two of us. We always had family with us. Kawaii was by far my favorite island. :) It's small, beautiful, intimate and just relaxing. We took a helicopter tour into one of the dead volcanoes that formed the island. It was breathtaking. They also have double rainbows all the time. It is a very close second to my favorite.

Aruba This is the favorite place I have ever been. My hubby and I went alone. Maybe it was that coupled with the gorgeous white sand beaches, the small intimate island and the friendliest people you will ever find. We want to go back. It was totally a second honeymoon. <3

Oooh, I love these answers. I'm going to London for the first time this fall. And I've never been to Hawaii even though my parents have gone multiple times (without me :'( ). And Aruba is another one on the to do list. I'll get there one day.

@AudreyFld Did you see my answer to my question? Have you ever been to Brussels?
    Sourocha wrote: »

I loved Paris too!! The only reason it isn't higher on my list is because it reminded me so much of New York City. I love NYC too, but it's hard to mark a place as favorite that feels just like home. It was like NYC with older architecture, more armed guard security officers, and much older plumbing, lol. And the pastry is sooo good in Paris, but then again, New York has it's bagels and pizza which are hard to match.

I love Orlando. I went to college in northern Florida, plus my family loves to vacation, so I've been a few times. I love Universal Studios and Disney World. Roller coasters are so great, even though I'm starting to have some motion sickness now with certain moving vehicles, I still love it. I have some friends who live there, so even the city away from the amusement parks is lovely.

I've never been to Brazil. But it is on my to do list. I would love to go to Rio for Carnivale. That's a bucket list level wish!

We almost went to Paris when we were in London. After what you said, I am not so sad I didn't go. I have been to several places in Mexico, Orlando, New York, California and many other U.S. Cities. But the ones I mentioned are by far my favorites. When we were in Aruba we could see South America in the distance. My husband wants to go to Brazil. You make it sound like something we should put on our bucket list too!

edited March 2017
    AudreyFld wrote: »

I actually have been to Aruba and London! londo was very nice, but I don't remember much :sweat_smile: I remember the big-ben clock, coming out of a metro when it started the ''belive it or not'' that was good, but I think it was mostly because of my age...Aruba was just as nice as you said! Went on a little island that was like ''exclusive'', you paid some amount of money, an they would drop you in the island, an in the isnland, you could do anything that was in there! Saw the fishes, ate a lot of really good foood...very nice!

Oh! And @cecerose0208 I haven't been on brussel, but may go someday, with the recomendation!

I think i will reply to most awnsers :sweat_smile: I loooooooooove traveling!
    I loved reading everyone's answers! :blush: I've been to London and Paris and loved both very much! :heart:

When I was in college, I studied abroad for a semester in Sevilla, Spain and I absolutely ADORED it. I haven't been back in seven years, but I still miss it. A part of my heart will always live there. It's so beautiful and the people are friendly and walking those streets every day was the most amazing experience. Being a part of that culture for a little while and experiencing the Fería (the April Fair -- music, dancing, food, beautiful traditional clothing. So amazing!) and Semana Santa (Easter week -- parades with beautiful floats portraying scenes from the Bible. Even if you aren't religious, it's just GORGEOUS) was an experience I'll never forget.

I hope to go back again someday and fall in love with the city again :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
    I've never been abroad, but I've been to Yogyakarta to view Borobudur and Bali. However Island hopping is the best thing to do in here, we had so many of them I couldn't possibly visit them all. We had enough vacation place here so spending money for a vacation abroad is just too expensive and to much hassle. I wanted to visit Europe though because it's very different from here.
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Sourocha Good luck with school! Also, I live in Tampa, which is only 45 minutes away from Orlando. ^_^

I loved hearing about the cities and countries everyone has been too! I've never been to most of them, but I do want to travel around Europe sometime soon!

As for me, I have been to:

London, England

Amsterdam, Netherlands

A few cities in Mexico and

The Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

I've also been some other places on cruises, but because you only dock for a day I don't really count them. :]
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
    Good afternoon - well good evening too! :) Just wanted to drop by and say I am all caught up on everyone's stories and so invested in all of them. Now it's just keeping up with updates and working on my own story. I feel less overwhelmed now. :)