Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kingson Fam Gen 2 Update 8/12

1235...Next

Comments

• RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    edited August 2015
    btst.png

CAUTION: possible spoilers ahead if you read the story
    Rivie wrote: »

Just a quick post to address something before tomorrow's announcement of the short story.
    The farmers' market lot is by SimMyLife.
    07-29-15_12-08%25C2%25A0PM.png
    I was looking for a Greenhouse but they had too many items from the packs, that I kept looking until I found this one. Even though is a legacy challenge, I'm making it more of a family story using the Disney princess and regular legacy rules as a base. I already play on long life span which I think would be an advantage so I won't use points to see how I'm doing compared to others. Even so, I won't use the market as a way to get all the plants the family is missing, I'll give them two from there but the others they'll have to find around town. I'll still be keeping track but it's just to see what skills my sims have and how many items they've collected.

About Jack Frost, while I went to take screenshots for the short story that will come Aug 1, I had to go into the Frost's household and saw that he was no longer sad but he had another love interest. Elsa still had two and they still had a pretty high romantic relationship and autonomously they'll kiss. If they're okay with their new marriage, I guess it's fine by me.
    Post edited by Rivie on
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
    August's Monthly Short Story Writing Challenge: Firsts

I'm writing these short stories so I can give the other Kingson family members a voice since the Disney Princess challenge story, The Abandoned Lot - the Kingson family is told through the heirs' POV.

The First Child
    07-25-15_1-12%25C2%25A0AM.png

*This picture I'm using to represent the short story was taken previously but it wasn't used in the Kingson legacy. All the screenshots taken for The First Child are new and taken entirely for the purpose of it.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    The short story was so sweet! I must say I have a soft spot for Rosie - probably because she was the first. I hope she and Harry make their family life all she dreams of!

Also, I just wanted to point out that you somehow always manage to find the best lots - the Venice one, Rosie's house, the farmers' market... I have no idea how you do it! :)
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    The short story was so sweet! I must say I have a soft spot for Rosie - probably because she was the first. I hope she and Harry make their family life all she dreams of!

Also, I just wanted to point out that you somehow always manage to find the best lots - the Venice one, Rosie's house, the farmers' market... I have no idea how you do it! :)

Well, the people we need to compliment on the amazing lots is the creators. I just run across them, I don't even know how. When I first wanted to find awesome but not ordinary houses and venues, I didn't know how to look for them or where to start and I saw an LP that had awesome lots and I wondered how she found them. I think the first ones I found, I looked for the hashtag disney, princess, fantasy and things I could come up with until I found several I really liked, I saved them to use later on. The venice one I saw it on twitter and then had to go look for it because I figured it'd be the next best thing since I couldn't take them to Granite Falls.

Thank you about the short story, I felt that way at first because she was the first kid born in game ever for me. It was so hard to let her go with the Frosts but I felt it was something I had to do. After they all grew up and became teens, even though I kept inviting her over and including her as much as I could, I felt like I neglected her more but I didn't really mind. I felt bad, I was glad when I heard the theme was firsts, it was perfect for Rosie's POV.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Special
    btst.png

I chose Rosie to make the first Writing Challenge after hearing about the theme.
    After she went to live with the Frosts because I needed the space so the Kingsons could have their seventh child - I wanted them all kids at the same time - I didn't create a story for Rosie about how her life turned out.
    07-28-15_10-12%25C2%25A0PM.png
    I still imagined as if she lived with them and besides what she'd tell her siblings whenever she was around - I just made up stuff for her as I needed - there wasn't much going on with her.
    07-28-15_10-41%25C2%25A0PM-2.png
    When I started writing The First Child, I got to thinking about what her life would have been after moving away from home. Why she accepted to go on 'vacation' with them and how the gloomy first child felt when she had no friends her age and living in a roofless home. She had an A in grade school and finished her kid aspiration before leaving the household but I couldn't get to help her with high school or her teen/YA/A/E aspiration.
    07-28-15_11-02%25C2%25A0PM.png
    The screenshots: I went into the game and opened Harry and Rosie's household, took the screenshots I needed of them as young adults and cas.fulleditmode them to make them into teens and then kids to get new screenshots.
    07-29-15_12-17%25C2%25A0AM-2.png
    It was fun going back and see them as kids again, I know it hasn't been that long but in game it seems like it. This actually was more work than if I would have gone and reload an old save like I did for one of the screenshots were I needed the castle before it had a roof and walls.
    07-29-15_2-35%25C2%25A0AM-2.png
    I exited without saving.
    *Fun fact: Rosie's not even pregnant in these screenshots, I edited her and gave her a fake baby bump.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Oh how fun, a nice bit of nostalgia for you! :) I would have never guessed the baby bump was fake!
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Harmony went through it seven times and she has a lot of experience to pass down to her kids. Harmony and Rosie
    02-25-15_10-43%C2%A0PM.png07-29-15_1-07%25C2%25A0PM-2.png

Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    So much has happened in this update! I love how they all share their achievements together, so sweet! And it was cool to see the black and white party in action, I don't have the limited version so it's always interesting to see! Lovely wedding too, and can't believe Rosie is expecting again! (her first daughter is cute as a button by the way)

And Jaxen, yay! He seems to be doing well :)
    So much has happened in this update! I love how they all share their achievements together, so sweet! And it was cool to see the black and white party in action, I don't have the limited version so it's always interesting to see! Lovely wedding too, and can't believe Rosie is expecting again! (her first daughter is cute as a button by the way)

And Jaxen, yay! He seems to be doing well :)

It's the second time I think that I use the black and white, I usually go for the house or dinner parties. She is cute, she got Harry's eye and hair color. I'm excited for the rest of the grandkids to come.
    Here are more screenshots from it, their choice of outfits. They have to talk about black and white things with guests and lack of newspapers come to topic lol. Jaxen seems to be doing great, other than that time he came angry I've seen him happy. He comes over by the house a lot, he even came the day of the party. Rylan doesn't know him so he couldn't invite him.
    08-06-15_3-38%25C2%25A0PM.png
    08-06-15_3-39%25C2%25A0PM-2.png
    08-06-15_3-39%25C2%25A0PM.png
    08-06-15_3-40%25C2%25A0PM-2.png
    08-06-15_3-40%25C2%25A0PM-3.png
    08-06-15_3-40%25C2%25A0PM.png
    08-06-15_3-53%25C2%25A0PM-3.png

Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    edited August 2015
    btst.png

Forest's Wedding

I finally chose the wedding option because I wanted Tia to chose her own dress (game generated of course). I didn't do much, I'm still waiting to use it on Ash's wedding, but I got a silver medal on it. This time there wasn't food, just the cake that they didn't eat or anything. It was there for decoration but it didn't even make it into the final screenshot. With everyone having different schedules there was no perfect day so I picked a Thursday, (three already had the day off, the others luckily don't have a job yet) got vacations for Rylan, Pearl and Forest and waited for Susie to get home from school.
    Fun fact: Forest didn't have a relationship with Tia's brother and he couldn't invite him to the wedding. The good thing is it was at her house and he was there the whole time.
    Wedding time:
    Tia and her mom
    08-06-15_6-06%25C2%25A0PM.png

Grace doesn't seem too happy to be at her wedding.
    08-06-15_6-09%25C2%25A0PM.png

Grandpa Rylan is excited
    08-06-15_6-10%25C2%25A0PM.png
    08-06-15_6-11%25C2%25A0PM.png

Getting ready to start the ceremony
    08-06-15_6-20%25C2%25A0PM-2.png

Time to take the place of the minister
    08-06-15_6-22%25C2%25A0PM.png

"I do"
    08-06-15_6-23%25C2%25A0PM-2.png

It was a normal screenshot and I was too close, there's a tree behind the wedding arch but it faded away.
    08-06-15_6-24%25C2%25A0PM.png

Welcome to the family!
    08-06-15_6-29%25C2%25A0PM.png

After the wedding I moved them into their house, I took note of all the rewards he had earned from the tech guru career he had in the Kingson's castle's inventory because I couldn't find a way to take it with him. I had to go 'buy' it for Forest so he could have it in his own home. I went back to the castle, sold everything and decided to use a cheat to remove the money that came from Forest's items. I checked online and found the cheat Money -$$$ and I tried it. BIG MISTAKE! :fearful: - I might have done something wrong - It removed all the money, I couldn't remember how much it was, just knew that it was somewhere around 400,000. After freaking out for about ten minutes and trying to find a way to undo it - I couldn't quit without saving because I hadn't saved before doing that and who knows how much I would have had to do over - I left it at 430,000, finished what I was doing, saved and quit the game. I went back to the old save (it took me about four tries to find the one I needed) where it was the day of the wedding and let it run until everyone had earned the money for the day so I could see how much money they had. $406,628 I went and changed it in game to what it should be. :relieved:
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Ooh the black and white parties sound cool!

With the money cheat you need to type in the amount you want them to have rather than deducting it - I made the same mistake at first too!

You're such a pro at weddings. They all looked great!
    Ooh the black and white parties sound cool!

With the money cheat you need to type in the amount you want them to have rather than deducting it - I made the same mistake at first too!

You're such a pro at weddings. They all looked great!

I figured that now about the cheat. Thank you. Actually, I give the family the same outfits because I don't have many different dresses. I'm looking forward to Ash's wedding because I feel it will be a real one, I hope.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    edited August 2015
    Post edited by Rivie on
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    btst.png

Rosie's Labor:
    It looks like Sims not in your household can't give birth if you're in their house. Harmony and Ash got to Rosie's place and she seemed to be in labor, there was an empty crib in the house so I assumed she'd have the baby soon.
    08-08-15_3-33%25C2%25A0PM.png
    I waited there for a long time and she would just complain but no baby. I went to check upstairs and there was a second crib (which at first made me think of twins). I was there the whole night, she slept and got up to eat and pee many times but no baby. By morning a third crib appeared, she got close to it like they do when they're going to have the baby but changed her mind and went on to eat or something. Since no baby was coming, I decided to leave the lot.
    08-08-15_4-04%25C2%25A0PM.png
    This time I came back to find the baby had been born, only one and the other two cribs were still there empty.
    08-08-15_4-44%25C2%25A0PM-2.png

Forest's Family Problems:
    Residential lot: Cenagal Consagrado Reform by gaston2611
    08-08-15_4-17%25C2%25A0PM.png
    After the wedding I took the couple to their new home.
    08-11-15_5-30%25C2%25A0PM.png
    That's when I noticed Tia had two sims in the romantic relationships panel: Forest and Wayne. Last time I went into her relationships panel only Forest was there so this has to be recent. I now regret inviting him to the wedding. He was in the front row the whole time and I didn't know. I might have called off the wedding.
    08-06-15_6-22%25C2%25A0PM-3.png
    After getting mad and thinking she had ruined my happy family I decided to include it in the story. Since she chose Wayne out of all the others, this included Ebony's plan as well. I'm not too upset because she has the same aspiration as Bijou and since she already completed it, I don't mind that Ebony moved out before finishing it. She was so close though, she needed one more level of the fitness skill, maybe even half the level.
    I won't actually be playing the households where the heir doesn't live, except at nights just to have them try for baby. I removed the relationship Tia had with Wayne and can only hope she won't go back to him.

On another note, I love the Frost family. So cool that the little girl turned out like Harry and the boy has Rosie's hair and eye color.
    08-10-15_12-47%25C2%25A0AM-2.png
    08-11-15_5-36%25C2%25A0PM-2.png
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    I have a lot of reading to do to catch up! I'll find a nice quiet evening or afternoon or two and immerse myself in your story! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Pregnant bellies and babies everywhere! Rosie's daughter is too adorable, so funny what she said about Tia's belly! You always make me want to have a huge family (then I remember I'm plum at huge families :D)
    @CathyTea thank you for taking the time :smile:
    @ThePlumbob lol the Bloomer family is not so small anymore, well it'll grow again (I read the latest chapter and I'm taking about the twins, I don't want to seem harsh because of Ruby, that is really sad)
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    The Kingson family is going to the THE DISNEY PRINCESS 10 GEN CHALLENGE! thread. Sort of, it's this week's story up for discussion on Wednesday, September 2nd. :smile:
    08-15-15_12-34%2525C2%2525A0AM.png
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    edited March 2017
    updatekinsgonfam.png

Wow, I've been away for a long time. I'm really starting to miss the Kingson family.
    Post edited by Rivie on
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png