Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please stop culling townies to make new ones!

I just can't keep up with the non stop deleting and recreating of townie sims.
Why not just pick and pull from the pool of sims already made!!!
Ahhhh!
Please, make it stop. Every -new- sim is wearing something totally inappropriate (CC wise) and it's super annoying. I have a few CC hairs and they all go for the same 1!
I have MCC and it does nothing to make the culling stop. I seriously can't play the game when I see a the same sailor moon haired newly generated townie walking around with cc skin and a name I cannot pronounce. (the same plumdamn name I've deleted 16x before!)
If I have sims ready to go to be bartenders, nannies, restaurant employees, butlers, ect.. Why delete them and make new ones?

giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

Comments

• TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited March 2017
    If you have sims that you like as bartenders, vendors, etc, move them into a house but keep them unplayed. Or just make a few unplayed and unemployed sims housed in your world. This way they won't be culled.

It won't stop townie generation but at least your NPCs won't look totally ridiculous.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I just can't keep up with the non stop deleting and recreating of townie sims.
    Why not just pick and pull from the pool of sims already made!!!
    Ahhhh!
    Please, make it stop. Every -new- sim is wearing something totally inappropriate (CC wise) and it's super annoying. I have a few CC hairs and they all go for the same 1!
    I have MCC and it does nothing to make the culling stop. I seriously can't play the game when I see a the same sailor moon haired newly generated townie walking around with cc skin and a name I cannot pronounce. (the same plumdamn name I've deleted 16x before!)
    If I have sims ready to go to be bartenders, nannies, restaurant employees, butlers, ect.. Why delete them and make new ones?

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mcpopulation

IF you have MCCC and culling is going on, that's a setting you need to change.

(actually more than one)

MCCC > MC Population > Use Custom Population false is default. Change it to true.

MCCC > MC Population > Other Settings > Bypass Sim Culling False <<< Change it to TRUE for No More Culling.

I'd like to suggest you look at the tumblr page I linked above, it's all about the Population module. There are links to ALL parts of MCCC on tumblr.

Just thinking, you might find some other settings you'd like to play with, when you change this one for culling. :)

For more, feel free to come chat on Discord or to visit my/our help thread here.

Download/Documentation is here:
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/post/158395789846/mc-command-center-release-330-is-out

"Normal" tumblr link is https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com (People aren't scrolling down to the 330 post, hence, the direct link to that.) :p

Support Chat is here: https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa

Local Help Thread:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    I know OP, it's so frustrating for me as well. Unfortunately I don't think this will ever be solved without mods. Ugly townies have always been a problem for me in the sim games but solving this never seemed to be a priority for the devs. Why can't the game just use the townies I create? ;_;

Outfit help/management from MCCC:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mcdresser

Sim appearance management from MCCC:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mccas

:wink:
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    For one thing, the reason the game culling townies is because of the maximum amount of population; the reason the game create new townies is because they need townies with some "requirements" for some situation. So if your townie created do not meet the standard of the situation, old ones will be culled and new ones will be created. So this cannot be solved without mods I guess
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    I'm not sure if anyone has recommended this to you or not but just incase I'll say it anyways~

I used Sims 4 Studio to disallow townies from using CC when they're being generated by the game.

Once you're done installing and what-not. Simply follow this ... (Tools > Batch Fixes > CAS > Disallow CC for random) and that should fix one of your problems. I remember before I did this... they would appear with even BROKEN CC (floating heads, missing torsos, stretched out etc) was just awful. >:

OH, and another cool thing is the studio allows you to see what the CC actually looks like! I found a bunch of broken stuff (and stuff I never even used) ...I got rid of like...300 files at least. >< Anyways, good luck to you..
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    Terra wrote: »
    If the game didn't have such a needlessly restrictive approach to NPC roles, this problem could easily be solved, I think! If we could just sign up our OWN Sims for NPC jobs, and the game would treat it as a rabbit hole career like they did with retail jobs in TS2:OFB, it would be a win-win situation: Our Sims would have WAY more careers open to them, including lots more mundane ones, AND it wouldn't need to constantly generate new Sims to fill those roles.

It sort of does that. When I created a new shop my Sim hired one of my other Sims in a different household and Alex Goth. They are always there when I go there as another Sim. I don't know when this changed but it's been going along like that the several times I visited the lot lately. So, it didn't generate 'new townies' to fill those roles when I visit as another Sim.

ETA: In the past the game would have generated new employees, but so far it's not.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions @taigoesrawr & @egwarhammer I will definitely be trying Sims Studio and tweeking with MCCommand. I actually removed the 'Population' part of MCC because if kept moving random townies into any & all empty houses I had, without me giving the go ahead.
    It REALLY just bothers me that possibly a simple patch could fix this problem but devs don't think it's worth a look into. In the mean time..
    I will keep trying to raise awareness about the ugly townie situation.
    giphy.gif

edited March 2017
    Thanks for the suggestions @taigoesrawr & @egwarhammer I will definitely be trying Sims Studio and tweeking with MCCommand. I actually removed the 'Population' part of MCC because if kept moving random townies into any & all empty houses I had, without me giving the go ahead.
    It REALLY just bothers me that possibly a simple patch could fix this problem but devs don't think it's worth a look into. In the mean time..

Why didn't you ask us about this? :)

Population, if you want homes not used, set your Open Houses number HIGH. Goes to 100, 50's plenty to keep sims OFF your maps.

MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Open Houses

OR, if you have SPECIFIC houses you don't want used, in Build Buy, set BEDROOMS to 0. That's the number MCCC uses to move people in. No bedroom=not valid lot.

• CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    If the game didn't have such a needlessly restrictive approach to NPC roles, this problem could easily be solved, I think! If we could just sign up our OWN Sims for NPC jobs, and the game would treat it as a rabbit hole career like they did with retail jobs in TS2:OFB, it would be a win-win situation: Our Sims would have WAY more careers open to them, including lots more mundane ones, AND it wouldn't need to constantly generate new Sims to fill those roles.
    I like that idea. That way if I played a house for a short second, the townies wouldn't lose their jobs.

One of my played sims has a sister who is a host in a cute bakery/restaurant. I never play as her sister because I'm afraid she'll lose that job if the household gets marked as played.

As some mentioned before, a townie/NPC job management skill would be great as well. That way we can decide which townies can be bartenders, waiters, etc and which cannot. I mean, "we rule"
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2017
    I like it.

I hate dealing with the same Sims over and over again. I like variety. I don't use CC so all my Sims look like regular people. Some are more attractive than others. If I want to keep the Sims, I move them in the house.

I treat townies like visitors. They don't live in the town, they are just passing through.

In the older games, it would get frustrating when it's all you'd mostly see is people that live in the town, and when they die, your left with very few.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member

Why didn't you ask us about this? :)

Population, if you want homes not used, set your Open Houses number HIGH. Goes to 100, 50's plenty to keep sims OFF your maps.

MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Open Houses

OR, if you have SPECIFIC houses you don't want used, in Build Buy, set BEDROOMS to 0. That's the number MCCC uses to move people in. No bedroom=not valid lot.

Mind Blown, Thanks so much for this!
    giphy.gif

• PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member

In a round about way you can do this. The trick is to edit what the game originally produced as townie with a services job. Save them to your library and add them to new games and they will spawn as a Townie you would want to see roaming around your world. Not all of the service jobs you can do this though. I haven't been successful with yoga instructors or massage therapists yet. But as far as Dj's, landlord, mail carrier, liberian and gym trainers I have. Hermit as well. Some of them you can only have ONE, so adding another on will not work unless you delete the first one before adding the new. I haven't played with gardeners in a while and I haven't yet bothered with butlers or nannies, I do not know how those work out yet.

You can also kind of manipulate who will be bartenders, cooks or entertainers on lots, which can be determined by their aspirations and traits when you create them. This don't mean that they will always have those jobs, but for the most part they will.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´