Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IDK, Barbara? (We are bad at naming things) -- A United Reading Heptagon

Comments

• AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    This is my response to all your responses!

@AkramA: Pinstar's legacy was also where I got my start really digging into the Sims's lifestories in an organized way. I never turned my legacy into a SimLit story, but I still have the complicated multi-sheet spreadsheet on Google Sheets calculating my carefully compiled legacy score! You must do some pretty heavy woodworking if you often use an axe and saw. What do you usually make?

@cecerose0208 I don't use axe for woodworking but for gardening. I had a mango tree that need trimming because it's a grafted mango. I probably exagerated the woodworking as a hobby part but I've only made a stool and two mini table to used for reciting quran. I also fix broken stuff, but now most of the thing had been change to a metal and plastic one and the last time I dabbled with saw was for making a fence for my chili plantation like 2 years ago. Now, most of my hobby are probably watching youtube video and playing games. Dang you technology!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Aahh, last day of Jury duty today so I can finally relax and read everything in one sitting once I get home... Hopefully.

For some reason, I woke up thinking about dinosaurs since I'm a huge Power Rangers fan. As another "getting to know you" question, do you guys have a favorite dinosaur? Or dinosaurs?
    I love plesiosaurs and how trilobites look.

wow do I sound 5 years old or what :joy:
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Best question, @Cement :joy:

I fear I haven't really given dinosaurs a lot of thought... is a dragon close enough? :lol:
    snvAF3B.png
    I'd like to believe dragons were what people called dinosaurs back then, so yes! Probably! :joy:
    I'm fond of Hydras--is that plural? If we're talking about dragons, though. Hehe :D
  • SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    @Cement I think I like the one with that long neck and that is herbivory...don't remember the name thought! I think there's a marine version, too.... :D
    I am gonna try to be a reading machine the rest of this week and next! :smiley: I'm so excited for us to start talking about our stories! (Both serious writing talk and random silliness ;) hehe)
    snvAF3B.png
    @Sourocha apatosaurus! Brachiosaurus? And the marine version is probably the plesiosaur I mentioned. :) I also liked the triceratops a lot when I was a younger, mostly because my favorite ranger was Blue (Red was my favorite power ranger when I was a kid-kid, but I thought the T-Rex was overrated... :joy:) The whole scare about them not being a "real" dinosaur but another version of a dinosaur hurt my tender teenage heart back then :pensive: it's like pluto all over again :sob:
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited March 2017
    Caught up on @Arrowleaf 's story! :smiley: I'm hooked already! Your descriptions are fantastic. I am still in love with this line: "Pure terror blossomed in my stomach, tendrils of fear slinking their chilled claws across my skin." :heart:

Oh wow, thank you! I haven't written in a long time and I was worried I might be getting too wordy. It's always been hard for me to find a balance. :]
    Cement wrote: »
    Aahh, last day of Jury duty today so I can finally relax and read everything in one sitting once I get home... Hopefully.

For some reason, I woke up thinking about dinosaurs since I'm a huge Power Rangers fan. As another "getting to know you" question, do you guys have a favorite dinosaur? Or dinosaurs?

!!! This is funny, because my boyfriend and I went yard sale shopping the other day and this lady had dinosaur books and he bought them all. He still love dinosaurs. :]

My favorite would be the Velociraptor.

Post edited by Arrowleaf on
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
    I am also binge reading stories! I'm hoping I will be caught up after this weekend but we will see. :]
    4s8gctV.png
    Oh guys! My real name is Kursty, so anyone who hosts their story on blogspot and gets a comment from that name... it's me! :]
    4s8gctV.png
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member

Lurker commenting here, but those are LITERALLY my favorites. Dinosaurs were my THING when I was a kid.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)

Lurker commenting here, but those are LITERALLY my favorites. Dinosaurs were my THING when I was a kid.

@SeaDragonSong Lurkers are welcome here! Who knew dinosaurs were so popular? :tongue: Hehehehehe
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    Oh guys! My real name is Kursty, so anyone who hosts their story on blogspot and gets a comment from that name... it's me! :]

@Arrowleaf Do you prefer Arrowleaf, or Kursty? :)

Oh! Great question idea for everyone that I can't believe we didn't think of :tongue:What do you prefer we call you? Personally, I prefer being called Amanda :) (It's okay if you stick to Citizen though :lol:)
    snvAF3B.png
    edited March 2017
    Finally caught up with the forum, been busy with RL. Yesterday I just came here to answer question that had my mention on it, hehe. Here's some of my answer to some of the question and response.

Sweet or Salty?
    I'd say salty but sometimes sweet when I'm getting a little bit naughty.

Favorite Dinosaurs
    Anybody watch land before time? I like whatever little foot is. But actually, chicken is my most favorite dinosaurs because you can eat it.

Prefered Call
    Akram is my real nick name but Mark is my gamer tag also for those who can't speak arabic name, so yeah call whatever you feel easier.

Also been reading everyone's answer on their favorite games and
    @Arrowleaf
    I love final fantasy also, FFIX is technically my first game that I finished.

@CitizenErased14
    I've not played any of the mass effect series but I've been viewing all the funny memes about andromeda. Also love watching the telltale series.

@cecerose0208
    Do you watch let's play? Because I also love someone playing games. When I was a little, I didn't have a playstation 2 so I used to go to my shoolmates house after school just to watch him play games.

RE: SIms 2

I love sims 2 but I have no Idea how to take good screenshot. And without screenshot, I don't think I can remember what happened to my games.

Still need to response more but I gotta go to work, hehe. Also haven't been able to response to my wordpress notification either so if anywone starts binging (call @Sourocha) I'll reply to the comment later today hehe. I never really had somone binge comment before, I never knew how overwhelming it was. I don't even had hundreds of chapter yet hehe (nudge @CitizenErased14 ).
    What do you prefer we call you?
    Ocha is fine by me! Sour just makes me sound bitter! :D
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    edited March 2017
    AkramA wrote: »
    This is my response to all your responses!

@AkramA: Pinstar's legacy was also where I got my start really digging into the Sims's lifestories in an organized way. I never turned my legacy into a SimLit story, but I still have the complicated multi-sheet spreadsheet on Google Sheets calculating my carefully compiled legacy score! You must do some pretty heavy woodworking if you often use an axe and saw. What do you usually make?

@cecerose0208 I don't use axe for woodworking but for gardening. I had a mango tree that need trimming because it's a grafted mango. I probably exagerated the woodworking as a hobby part but I've only made a stool and two mini table to used for reciting quran. I also fix broken stuff, but now most of the thing had been change to a metal and plastic one and the last time I dabbled with saw was for making a fence for my chili plantation like 2 years ago. Now, most of my hobby are probably watching youtube video and playing games. Dang you technology!
    Chili plantation?! Do tell. I'm fascinated to hear about it

@Cement is the dinosaur from Jurassic Park that was tiny and had like a hood thing that opened up in a fanning pattern when he got mad a real dinosaur? If so, that one is my favorite.

@Arrowleaf I don't think you're too wordy, for the record.

@CitizenErased14 I don't know how I missed that you preferred to be called Amanda. Hopefully I can remember that going forward.

My comments on blogspot end up under the name Cece. My comments on WordPress end up under the name Chicago-style girl. And my comments on here, as you know, end up under the name cecerose0208. I really have no consistency in my use of usernames, LOL. But if I were to have a preference on how I'd like to be called, you can just call me CeCe.

I'm about halfway through on the binge reading. I'm completely caught up on three out of six stories. I am so glad we formed this circle, even though we haven't actually started talking about each other stories yet. I just want to say, the stories I've read so far are fantastic! I love the characters, even the ones I don't particularly like their choices or personality. And those of you who are following challenges as the basic plot line for your story, you chose some really interesting ones. I'm super excited for everyone to catch up as soon as they can.
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    @AkramA I just realize I didn't answer your other question. Yes, I do like watching let's plays, but I don't like them as much as I like reading Simlit. I can't help feeling that whenever I'm watching a YouTube video, that's time of my life I'm losing never to get back. It has to be a really interesting let's play for me to watch it.
    @Arrowleaf Man, I would buy all the dinosaur books too. I love reading about animals! :joy: And nice choice! Velociraptors are cool!
    @SeaDragonSong Gasp
    We have the same favorite dinosaurs??? :oYassss -fistbumps-
    @AkramA Ayeee Land Before Time was my cousin's favorite movie, she'd watch it religiously when we were kids :joy: Little Foot was an apatosaurus, I think. He was my cousin's fave dinosaur too. :)
    @cecerose0208 I remember reading somewhere that Jurassic Park fabricated the whole frilled part of that dinosaur to make it look like Frilled Lizards... But Frilled Lizards in general are really cute, so they're a dinosaur in my book :smiley: Also, your wordpress name--Are you from Chicago? :o
    What if we're neighbors and I never knew

As for names, Cement is fine. I don't really use my real name too often online, so whenever I see it I think I have to be adult and do adult things like taxes :/ I prefer either "Cement" or just... Just name me whatever you want. Baptize me with a new name. LOL
    inb4 group panics because it's another name they have to think of and we're all bad with names

I was also going to type something else for nicknames, but it's a low key overused dirty joke though most of my friends call me by it anyway and well
    we're not all too buddy-buddy yet and I don't wanna weird you guys out until I kinda get what you guys think is okay to say LOL. I'm a little self conscious about these kinds of things because I said something around that degree once and ohh my god it was so awkward for the rest of the year holy heck
    Chili plantation?! Do tell. I'm fascinated to hear about it

My grandfather is a farmer so me and my dad used to went to my dad's hometown to help out. Chili is just one of them. I do have chilli in the my house garden so I don't have to buy them anytime I want something spicy.
    edited March 2017
    @Cement It'll be a lot easier when we know each other better, yeah! :) (I'll tell you now though -- I personally have NO problems with dirty jokes/innuendo... just wait until we're talking about ships and hot guys from these stories :joy:)
    snvAF3B.png
    edited March 2017
    @CitizenErased14 I don't really care either way. :] Since my S/N is Arrowleaf here, it'll probably be easier to remember Arrow. However, I do not mind being called Kursty online, so really it's which ever you guys prefer!

@AkramA !!That's awesome! I didn't start playing the FF games until X, but I watched my step-father play FFVII and VIII! I've since gone back and played some of the older ones (III and IV).

@Cement I'm pretty easy going when it comes to sexual jokes, as well! I don't get offended easily, actually. But I have been in similar situations as you described where I thought a joke would be well received and then.... it wasn't. Awk. I understand the reluctance.

@cecerose0208 Thank you! If you ever feel like I get too wordy or not wordy enough, feel free to tell me. It really is something I struggle with whenever I sit down to write.

I finished @AudreyFld story last night and thought it was fantastic. I am so glad you went in a more story driven direction, and I really enjoy the challenge you chose! I want to try it sometime in the sims 4 now, it seems like a lot of fun.

Is everyone here open to constructive critiques? If you are just let me know. Otherwise, I will just keep my comments focused on what you do well! :smiley:
    Post edited by Arrowleaf on
    4s8gctV.png
    @Arrowleaf I'm definitely open even if it's mean. I'm hard as nail B) . I actually made a rant about not receiving enough criticism. Also I finished Final Fantasy games from I-X also played XII and XIII but I'm lost on the new genres.
    Whew, nice to know at least a couple of you guys are pretty chill. :)

...Also on dinosaurs, I found this on my twitter feed this morning. Yaaay, new dinosaur classification :joy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRlktNwTRjE

I have to pick up a few things today, but I should be able to continue reading later. :)
    @Cement Also got no problem with dirty jokes! Should be easier when we know each other thought...
    Likening everyone's stories! There are some hidden jewels in here! Not much to comment in here, as I comment on the story itself... :D And about criticism, @Arrowleaf , I'm A okay! That's the way you grow! :D

And now, how about we do some...

Pizza talk! that's if you like pizza...
    I like pineapple pizza, I think is a very nice flavor, (at least for me!) I also like cpizza with chicken, but not the one with the cubes of chicken, the one we're the chicken is frayed! Sometimes, I take the pepperoni from the pizza, and eat it like a snack! Before I eat the pizza, that's it, I put ketchup on my pizza, ( that's a thing.) and most times eat the crust, besides, when the crust looks like a pede of bread, AKA too much.

Fun fact: My maximum numbers of slices of pizza eaten is 7, that's a pizza and one piece. :)
    Ooh pizza, pizza is kind of overpriced food here so I don't eat it that much. I usually just had the regular mushroom, cheese, and sausage pizza. I've eaten the pineaple ones and it's definitely good but I prefer just eating the fruit alone.