Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @FoundMarbles - Absolutely love the little details that you've put in the house; like the robe on the back of the bathroom door and like I said above, the security cameras. The front room looks really pretty and very girly, perfect for Rosie! Super super cute! I do like to see the differences in the objects between TS3 and TS4. Awesome job for your first challenge! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @FoundMarbles Great first entry- LOL- I was looking at it at first thinking "huh, that looks a lot like Sims 4" Ha! It's okay by me though- I play both games and love them both. Plus it can be a bit confusing knowing what challenge is for what. You did very well for your first build with the budget. In the future- you can always figure your build price for challenges in the Sims 4 by whatever the cost of the build is when you go to save it to your library (you don't actually have to save it- just open the panel like you are going to) plus the cost of the lot you are building on- good going choosing the cheapest lot- ALWAYS CHOSE THE CHEAPEST LOT! LOL! Either that or don't move a sim onto the lot until after building- sims cause the lot to depreciate which is why you had "more money" after going back later.

If you decide to do any more challenge in the future and would like some tips on saving money let me know and I'll be happy to help.
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @FoundMarbles
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #187 - The Second Sister - Journye
    Super cute! I wish some of those decorations were available in Sims 3! :)

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @FoundMarbles - Ahh, you should have left it up! It was really cute :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited March 2017
    @FoundMarbles - the TS4 thread can be found here. We have already completed this challenge on the TS4 thread, but please feel free to pop over and take a look at the current challenge.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    edited March 2017

NAME: Linzlulubell

LINK TO LOT: not uploaded

LINK TO MEDIA: Vitual walk through plus extras. Click picture to view!
    https://youtu.be/cDuvqil1Q8E

Still shots: http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/lin-zlulubell/library/BnS 187

My pictures got all jumbled up, I swear it's the easiest things that get me most!

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: included in regular media, I put most my of my media of the girls into the video but did include what was asked for in still shots. This challenge was fun, fun, fun!! I love doing machinima's but rarely can come up with enough content for a whole song.

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: placed lot across from gunks. 20x15 $44,994

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: For Journye's home I wanted to build a skinny Florida beach house. To mesh Journye and Rosie's styles in the bedroom I went with a more modern look to please Journye but in a dark pink with girly touches to accommodate Rosie. I wanted to also carry over rock star appeal I did in Gunk's home and give them something unique so I did a custom wall to wall aquarium with neon coral, lights, pictures of Rosie's modeled looks she's created and with fog emitter fx. (Inspired by my RL bff's salt water reef tank she's been working at for years) The bathroom tub is situated to be visible from the bedroom through the fish tank, giving a great place to relax and watch the tank life. I wanted this room in particular to appeal to both styles so I put it and Journye's get away room in the basement to not staunch the flow of the rest house giving it the added security of no nosey neighbors peeking in the window. For Journye's get away room I made things simple, giving her a piano, table to write songs, bookcase to file away her written music and girly but retro artwork. This room is overlooked by the main foyer/livingroom where I continued the blue hue but added much girlier touches to the patterns and artwork, helping to combine to styles as best as possible and the alarm system. Almost all furnishings, doors, and windows are made from silver colored metals. On the second floor is the start of pinker things. Using light pastels on the walls and tile work but also maintaining a fresh, slightly modern appeal with the metal furnishings. There's a counter bar that can be upgraded with bar stools & the table has a great view, especially at sunset. Convenient matching bathroom. The 3rd floor is Rosie's (I made her last name Juarez bcuz I thought it sounded funny) design room. With waiting area for models/clients or for Rosie to get a nap, drafting table, bookcase, mannequins, mirrors, and artwork of her favorite created styles. Tiles matching the 2nd floor adorn the walls in some areas and the rest are multicolored pastels. I loooove how this room turned out! There's a small bedroom with the same style pastel wall coverings. Bunked bed with desk underneath to utilize space and a door leading to the porch. Rosie's prom queen crown and cheerleading picture can be found here. The outside of the home has wrapping porches, with the second floor having a staircase to the fenced backyard. Landscaping in pink and yellow with butterfly fog emitters and a bike on the front lawn for getting around town. I did another virtual walk through music video with some extra cuts of Rosie and Journye for this one I'll include.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: I made the custom pictures
    Post edited by linzlulubell on
  • Options
    @linzlulubell That whole video was fantastic, but I'm just blown away by your aquarium!! How did you get the fish in there??
  • Options
    @linzlulubell - your video is great, but would you be able to get us a slideshow for judging. We like to be able to flip from pic to pic to help with the process, finding a still you want in the middle of a video can be quite frustrating.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    @linzlulubell - your video is great, but would you be able to get us a slideshow for judging. We like to be able to flip from pic to pic to help with the process, finding a still you want in the middle of a video can be quite frustrating.

It's coming!! My baby woke up in the middle of submission, that was the last part for me to do. I figured out how to do everything off my phone internet now except post my videos so things are a little easier now!

• Options

They come from the fog emitter. You have to type in cheats, testingcheatsenabled true and then buydebug
    Now a question mark will pop up above your build buy menu. You unlock a bunch of stuff by your game by doing this and if you scroll down the misc. category you'll see a shiny blue ball that says fog emitter. Place the fog emitter where you want it and ctl+click on it and a box will come up you can type in. It's set up to have a fog effect but you can google codes for it to do just about anything! Fire, explosions, waterfalls, butterfly's, you name it, it can probably do it with the right code. Let me know if you have any questions. I also created the butterfly's and aquarium bubbles using the fog emitter.
  • Options
    @linzlulubell Oh! I knew about the fog emitter but didn't know it could do stuff like fish and bubbles and such! That's so awesome! Thank you :mrgreen:
  • Options
    @linzlulubell Oh! I knew about the fog emitter but didn't know it could do stuff like fish and bubbles and such! That's so awesome! Thank you :mrgreen:

Your welcome! There's soooo many codes for the fog emitter it's unreal!
  • Options

It's coming!! My baby woke up in the middle of submission, that was the last part for me to do. I figured out how to do everything off my phone internet now except post my videos so things are a little easier now!
    Oh no!! Sorry your baby disrupted your Sims time ;) Glad that you can do most things from your phone, should make things easier for your future submissions.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    @BuildnShare So this may seem like a silly question at this point, but for our build descriptions, were we meant to keep it to just describing what was done and why or can we give a bit of an invented story around it? Like with @aricarai's build where she had an old converted Fire Station - can we present it as if this was some older build and we renovated it for our client? 'I found this house and did this and that' in order to meet the requirements?
  • Options
    @creativemetaphor - completely up to you!!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    @BuildnShare I got everything completed. :)
  • Options
    @BuildnShare I got everything completed. :)
    Awesome, thanks for letting us know @linzlulubell :kissing_heart:

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017

NAME: JasonAnthonySterling (TonySterling on the Exchange)

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9066811

LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyWorldofSims/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1221186201330135

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x30, Custom placed lot in Bridgeport, $44,932

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I originally came at this build with a bit of a back story forming in my head spring from the original story from the first Sister challenge. At one ambitious moment I thought I was going to do a longer speed build with the story of woven through it. In the end I got the opening shot and the final shot-lol! I figured Journye’s name was a hint that she was going to undergo a transformation as she aged and complete a journey of self discovery. In my mind Journye for all that she’s a “hard rocker” has still fallen for a Girly-girl Fashion Designer and under that influence has moved more “pop music” and pop culture inclined. This suits their music producer just fine and he moves Journye to the lead vocals giving the band a new sound with a new image- for instance, my Journye has blue flowers in her hair as opposed to blue dye. The gold album on the wall in the dining room is a result of this new arrangement proving the formula is a success. As is Journye’s awakening to the high gloss of fame and a coming into her own. This has caused extreme discord within the group, mostly between Journye and Gunk. Gunk- “It’s not the sort of music we do!” Journye- “Maybe not but it is the sort of music that sells!” This rift has led to Journye deciding it’s time to move out into her own place to lessen the tension. So with that back image in my head I choose a flashy penthouse with dramatic lighting and a view of the arena where she sings to sold out crowds. Suitable for a newly minted Rock Star and Blossoming Fashion Designer hitting the world with all they’ve got. As well, you can’t get much more secure than being perched at the top of a skyscraper! As well, I've tried to blend the two favorite colors of the couple together through out the design.

When you do an apartment in the Sims 3 the hidden/public room markers throw off the cost of the build. As such I first built the penthouse on the ground, including the entire roof that the penthouse would sit on. In this way I could get an accurate cost. Then I simply rebuilt it on the skyscraper shell I had constructed. I’m only including pictures of the penthouse as that’s what I’m submitting for the challenge. However, if anyone reading this should download the build it will come with the tower underneath it which has a bit of landscaping and a furnished lobby.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None

There's a quick speed build on my Youtube channel: https://youtu.be/0fsc7YPpBzk

THKdSow.jpg

xbg0H9i.jpg
    Post edited by Renamed2002180839 on
  • Options
    @BuildnShare I've updated my entry with the link to the lot and a modified final cost (with Oops! explanation). :)
  • Options
    @JasonAnthonySterling I love your backstory, and that is a beautiful penthouse!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Here are some houses and structures from my county and 2 of our neighboring counties. They shoot Vampire Dairies and that old show In the heat of the night in Newton county. Right now they're shooting Netflix's Stranger things in Butts county, they shoot on the square a lot so I included one of their court house and one of ours. The shot the movie My cousin Vinny in my county of Jasper. The 'old rock house near smiths mill' doesn't have much left standing and you have to walk through some woods but the window cut outs that are left have angled insides so you could shoot out of but not be in the line of sight. I call them civil war windows though I'm sure they were used way before then. Anyway we have some really cool stuff around, enjoy!

http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/lin-zlulubell/library/localoldhomes
  • Options
    @linzlulubell Great pictures. Thanks for sharing them!
  • Options
    mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member

NAME: Mederouin

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9067666

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/mederouin/slideshow/Build and Share 187
    Password: Journye (Note: is case sensitive)

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30X30; 2200 Pinochle Point, Sunset Valley; Final Cost: 45,000

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: For this build I wanted to create something that was kind of arty without being obvious about it. I wanted this to be a place where inspiration was plentiful, but not so consuming that people couldn't turn it off somewhat and just enjoy the space as a house. Since both inhabitants are artists of sorts I thought this was important. To this effect I wanted to keep the main living areas uncluttered and cozy with just a few select pop pieces. Rosie's studio and Journye's get away room show the most personality because this is where they go all out in what they do. Hope you enjoy.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • Options
    @mederouin Oh my goodness! I love how you did those carpet patterns using the quarter floor tiles! That's genius! The whole build is beautiful :)
  • Options
    @linzlulubell Great pictures. Thanks for sharing them!

Thanks for checking them out! I loooove where I'm from!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top