Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ninnster's Showcase - New: Restaurante Del Mare

NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
edited January 2019 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hi and welcome!

This is a showcase of my Sims 4 creations. I am still a novice builder, and I'm neither an architect nor an interior designer.
I am simply someone who, as of recently, loves to build.

I welcome any type of feedback or tips & tricks you may have to help me improve and learn.

OriginID: Ninnster
Ninnster's Gallery

There is a reason I have chosen to post all my house builds from the very first Cozy Cottage dream to the latest Modern Desert Oasis. Each of the houses represents a specific challenge I conquered, and another step in my development as a builder. I am exceptionally proud of each of them, despite the flaws. And yes, you will find flaws. Some of them I have already discovered myself. To me this matters little though. These houses are a journey, and I get a little bit better with each one.

Newest feature:

Restaurante Del Mare

RmXUdIc.png

Scroll down for an index of my other lots and rooms

My Sims 4 Twitter
My Sims 4 Showcase
My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
Post edited by Ninnster on

Comments

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited November 2017

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Reserved

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited March 2017
    Cozy Cottage dream

Lot size: 20x20
    Cost: $113,169
    2br, 2ba

Gallery link

Inspiration:
    This was my first residential build. Until I started on this I had been mainly focusing on decorating rooms and cared little for building the actual house. Because my knowledge of building is limited in many ways I looked for house plans to use for inspiration. This house was inspired by the house in the picture below. Link to plan can be found here.

g72EV8B.jpg

When I chose this lot I imagined it as a cabin or holiday home. It can also be used as a small house. I come from Norway and here having a cabin in the mountains is almost expected. Our cabins will be in a different style though (and most without running water), but it still has the same cozy feeling. NB! All of the rooms in this cottage have been uploaded to my gallery as separate rooms. I have provided the gallery links in the comments below.

Front view:
    qHBFKSc.png

Back view:
    38bYS1Q.png

At night:
    Kvo6olN.png

Floor plan:
    Wbxe3RY.png

I tried to keep the interior design fairly Victorian. I felt it was appropriate for this lot. The kitchen area is fairly open, but I added some half walls to define and separate the kitchen from the dining room area. This area have been uploaded as a room and can be found in my gallery here.
    BLDM4Qf.png
    W6kHXb7.png
    Iyesxn1.png
    2pEMLP5.png

This was designed as the Master Bedroom, and it has an en suite bathroom. These have been uploaded to my gallery. You can find the Master bedroom here, and the Master bathroom here.
    RG4I545.png
    tpz1eXz.png
    HW1P9ni.png
    8OmMbcl.png

The second bedroom/guestroom has been uploaded to my gallery and can be found here.
    2g9sjGX.png
    yfckdNa.png

The guest bathroom can be found in my gallery here.
    rGfCPWd.png
    7qKIusl.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited March 2017
    Glass Pavillion Home

Lot size: 30x30
    Cost: $95,527
    3br, 2ba

Gallery link

Inspiration:
    From one extreme to another. After making a cozy cottage I chose an ultra modern glass home for my next project. This is also based on a home plan, and when I saw the image I immediately loved the look of the house and wanted to recreate it. The link to the plan can be found here. With this build I also followed the floor plan pretty closely.
    dAXpl7t.jpg

Since the house is ultra modern, I tried to keep the interior as modern as possible. I imagine this home as a bachelor/bachelorette pad, as it's not really suited for a family. Maybe a home for a few good friends, a student from a rich family, or maybe a Sim who likes to have friends stay over. Notice that each bedroom has it's own door leading out to the garden. NB! Some of the rooms in this house have been uploaded as separate rooms in my gallery. For the rooms this applies to there will be a link provided in the comments below.

Front view:
    HDVn6dT.png

Back view:
    l7FQJlQ.png

Birds eye view:
    HOzYp14.png

Floor plan:
    oPDY37X.png

The open space kitchen, dining and living room are is my favorite in this house. I am really happy with the style and feel of it, and I love the kitchen basically only being an 'island'. This room can be found in my gallery here.
    NDfsi2v.png
    vMbyOrH.png
    dQZlxU1.png

The middle of the house has what the floor plan describes as a 'light room'. I decided to go a slightly different route. The purpose of this room is to provide a staircase to the roof, which is one huge terrace area.
    myko2Gr.png

The Master bedroom was done in mostly black & white. It has its own en suite. This en suite has no door into the shower/bath area, but it does have a separate toilet with a door, so that your Sim can have some privacy.
    riXkjRw.png
    de6u9kI.png
    bnjIuQz.png
    q2jsLsG.png

The second and third bedroom. The second bedroom can be found in my gallery here.
    IR0aeUx.png
    TDYqUny.png
    pRmyXqW.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited March 2017
    Coastal Mansion

Lot size: 40x30
    Cost: $299,096
    4br, 5ba

Gallery link

Inspiration:
    For this build I went quite ambitious. Why you ask? Roofs. That's why. They are the bane of my existence, and I just struggle with them. I really wanted a coastal/beach style house though, and I found the exact thing I wanted. The majority of this build was spent trying to get the roof right. Not sure if I got there, but I got far enough to be happy. The link to the home plan is here. I loved the roof and the patios, so I just had to try out this build. I did stray a bit from the floor plan. I got bored with all the bedrooms, so to fill the house I added a gym, a sauna, a large spa and an indoor jacuzzi.

ieIrRa9.jpg

This build taught me a lot. I was proud to finish it, and it is still quite a special lot to me. I imagine it as a home for a large wealthy family. It is big enough to use as a generation home to be honest. Also, if you do not like my floor plan you can easily add more bedrooms/baths by sacrificing the spa, sauna, and/or gym. NB! Some of the rooms in this house have been uploaded as separate rooms in my gallery. For the rooms this applies to there will be a link provided in the comments below.

Front view:
    YEYPbmP.png

Back view:
    sbsqVtc.png?1

Floor plan:
    iio9Ckn.png
    ua046gL.png
    sX4E30S.png

There is a large outdoor area, complete with an outdoor kitchen nook and seating. The door visible next to the floating ring connects to the indoor jacuzzi. From there you can continue on into a shower/toilet room, and then into a changing room. This to make it easier for your Sim to get ready to enjoy the outdoor areas, or get dressed when coming back in.
    CempCbl.png
    TqrR2UT.png

This is taken inside the jacuzzi room, where you can see through to the shower/toilet room, and even to the changing room at the end.
    4C6H0qg.png

The Master bedroom is built as its own suite. It has a his and hers walk in closet, and a his and hers bathroom, with a shared shower/bath area. The his and hers bathroom can be found in my gallery here.
    8wms5H8.png
    uHCNgpr.png
    MiGrkV8.png
    YnLUUAt.png

The kitchen, dining and downstairs living room area is a large open space in soft colors. This room can be found in my gallery here.
    gtHyXzZ.png
    tdRN9wH.png

On the second floor there is a TV room where the Sims can relax and enjoy watching their favorite show.
    xhIaSiZ.png

Because there were multiple bedrooms to decorate, I played around with different styles and colors. One has a dark wood and navy color scheme, and one has a soft pink color scheme with more of a shabby chic feeling.
    T7tt94U.png
    wTjl4tO.png

I also made a room for a teenage girl. Because each bedroom has it's own en suite, I also made a teenage bathroom.The bedroom can be found in my gallery here, and the bathroom here.
    5M2BuBF.png
    4RW34NU.png
    kzsYGZQ.png
    wOufB13.png

Here you can see the private gym
    F3cxTyM.png

This is the indoor spa where your Sim can get a relaxing massage, rest in the recliner or do calming exercises like yoga or meditate. This room is uploaded to my gallery here.
    PSpZmbO.png
    0NKAa1Y.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited March 2017
    Modern contemporary

Lot size: 30x20
    Cost: $118,666
    3br, 4ba

Gallery link

Inspiration:
    For this build I strangely decided to tackle my arch nemesis once again; roofing. I have also gone back to a more modern build. What really pushed me to want to try this build, was the second floor. From the second floor bedroom you can look down on the living room area through big glass windows. Although it did not work out completely as intended, I was satisfied with the result. The house plan for this build can be found here.

moiVnKs.gif

Although I am satisfied with how this house turned out in terms of exterior, my favorite part of this build was actually the interior decorating. I normally go for simple decoration and a single color. For this house I decided to be more bold, and I uncharacteristically created some very colorful rooms. Part of the reason I decorated in with more colors is that I imagined an artist or a musician living here, due to it having a music room and an art/study room.

Front view:
    DoObExK.png?1

Back view:
    PXuNyg9.png?1

Floor plan:
    SNXZzTe.png
    jKekWAY.png

The kitchen, dining and living area is very open, and there was not too much space to utilize. This area connects to a hallway that includes the staircase going to the second floor, and the entrance where there is a small walk in closet to hang up jackets etc.
    kb6Dmd1.png
    pr9CPjD.png
    VmgCJ8v.png

There is also a small music room, and a art/study room. For that reason this house can be perfect for someone musically or artistically inclined.
    P2XuG9c.png
    FTaVLFl.png
    3YcERk2.png

The Master bedroom has strong colors and a playful style. It has its own walk in closet, and its own en suite bathroom.
    4YOcKUi.png
    0enyKWe.png
    RAWMgHW.png
    ZVHT5Ur.png

The second bedroom has a little bit of a 'street' feel to it. It has plain walls but some colorful accents in bold patterns. It has its own en suite bathroom.
    0SApLHZ.png
    DK7iN3x.png
    f5PzRW3.png

On the second floor there is a small living room in a blue and white color scheme.
    qJ7wKmV.png
    B7aPZgT.png
    i3ZFvqD.png

The third bedroom is found on the second floor. A little more understated than the first two. This room also has its own en suite bathroom.
    bKARD68.png

The Master bedroom leads out to the outdoor enclosed patio.
    coYIB4M.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited March 2017
    Victorian Style Starter

Cost: $21,405
    1br, 1ba

Gallery link

Inspiration:
    To do something a little different, I decided to try and make a starter home. Not sure what possessed me to attempt this. The major flaw in this build for me is that I spent too much effort (and money) on the exterior. Because I spared no expense here, I had to go on the budget for the interior. Probably not the best plan in terms of a starter (and to be fair, it's still an expensive starter). I have played around with the idea of maybe coming back to this house one day, but we'll see. The house plan can be found here.
    UXXLZDQ.jpg

For this build I deviated a bit from the plan and decided to keep it on a single floor. I am happy with the outcome though, and I think it's a really charming little house.

Front view:
    aBhqFbW.png?1

Back view:
    pd1AWRN.png

Side views:
    7rYeQ18.png
    rHaWLCU.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Vampire Victorian Dream

Cost: $71,950
    1br, 1ba

Gallery link

Inspiration:
    As you may have noticed; this is the same house as my Victorian Style Starter found here, but renovated to fit a vampire. Because I loved the look of the house, I got inspired to try and make it for a vampire when the Vampire pack came out. I am really happy with the finished house, and I think I like it slightly better than the original.

Front view:
    jvWhHov.png?1

Back view:
    MKvyklg.png

Floor plan:
    3PbnU5U.png
    xahSnBm.png

For this build I wanted to include a secret basement for my vampire Sim.
    WMzooW7.png

The layout of the house has stayed the same, but rather than being on a budget, my Vampire Sim has gotten a nicely decorated home. Perfect for a Vampires first house. I imagine it as a starter home for a Vampire from a rich family.
    MICej5Q.png
    TDWKotM.png
    YJ35vFa.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited March 2017
    The Old Manor

Lot size: 30x30
    Cost: $274,582
    4br, 3ba

Gallery link

Inspiration:
    This build is my absolute favorite to date, and a very special build for me. Partly because I again had to tackle my arch nemesis; roofing, and partly because for the first time I did a build relying on a single picture. This time I had no plan to guide me. Since the picture only shows the front of the house, I had to get creative and do the back of the house myself.
    OGoWHBF.jpg

I deviated a little from the photo. I decided to add stone to the spire to more visually define the different indents of the facade. I also wanted to use ivy to really give the house a feeling of being overgrown and abandoned. NB! A few of the rooms in this house have been uploaded to my gallery as separate rooms. I have provided the gallery links in the comments below.

Front view:
    wFlSQJ5.png

Back view:
    IZhX4wb.png

Night view:
    2Womrjq.png
    8wRXhaH.png
    fwN2yVq.png

Floor plan:
    5d2zNqG.png
    bXpyelL.png
    NClWyuS.png
    TaCJG5W.png

I wanted the house to feel as old and abandoned as the facade. I also wanted a large staircase to be the first thing a Sim sees when they enter, and for this to be a feature of the house.
    8bVLQeo.png
    bC47aYq.png
    lZpbW1G.png

The kitchen and dining area are in separate rooms on the first floor.
    obOEMBV.png
    9RpuLvI.png

The living room can also be found on the first floor, and it includes an organ and a bar. A small hallway connects the dining and living room. Here you can find a small reading nook, with a secret door behind one of the bookshelves.
    E2UBibZ.png
    zYZ8lQd.png

The secret door leads to a basement where your Vampire Sim can rest.
    3vTbA5L.png

At the top of the spire you will find a small study.
    pFtZZOQ.png

The Master bedroom is on the second floor and decorated in red. It has an en suite bathroom in a similar color scheme. These can be found in my gallery. The Master bedroom here, and the bathroom here.
    8BXvJDf.png
    j1eKUXB.png

Two other bedrooms can be found on the second floor. One has a double bed, and the other two single beds.
    mZ36x5c.png
    BgG8VXI.png

For the last bedroom I wanted a nursery. It is in a purple and black color scheme and perfect for a little Vampire baby. This room can be found in my gallery here.
    ZxKeRqK.png
    efpdSJc.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited March 2017
    Modern Desert Oasis

Lot size: 40x30
    Cost: $151,668
    3br, 3ba

Gallery link

Inspiration:
    For this build I went back to using a plan, but I wanted something that would fit in Oasis Springs. As I was looking for inspiration I found this house, and I knew immediately that I wanted to try building it. The house plan can be found here.
    dJGlc3C.jpg

Because I am not the most experienced builder, I did deviate from the plan a little. I found I was being limited somewhat in what I was actually capable of doing. I wanted the emphasis to be on the outdoor space, the roofed patios and the balconies.

Front view:
    97SsDPb.png
    fe0Hb44.png

Back view:
    FrupZQF.png
    gg4TaGT.png

At night:
    rMAQqMP.png
    s8NQVZK.png
    7VIcaow.png

Floor plan:
    4nHnR8Z.png
    jAcIUSR.png

The Master bedroom can be found on the first floor, and it has a door leading directly outside to the pool area. It also has an en suite bathroom.
    95rnsny.png
    HIKG9Kq.png

The second floor has two bedrooms. One has a double bed, the other two single beds.
    CmvTMCg.png
    Izivyfq.png
    jkz9lvw.png

There is a small sitting area on the second floor where you can enjoy reading a book, or just admire the view.
    HhS7cuk.png

The kitchen and dining area is open spaced and modern.
    6d01kCr.png
    3tstSiU.png

The living room has a cozy nook to read a book or watch TV in front of the fireplace.
    PkLFTv6.png
    TSrvhjP.png

There are several balconies and patios for the sims to enjoy some peace and quiet. Some of these are roofed. There is also an outdoor kitchen.
    kGJaFWS.png
    wVYeDyw.png
    dLwbT8c.png
    wVJ6XaH.png
    kq5wPCL.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited March 2017
    Teen Girl Bathroom

Gallery link

This room was done while building the Coastal Mansion. I grew tired of making the same style of bathrooms (and bedrooms) after a few house builds, and I wanted to do something a little different. For this house every bedroom had an en suite. When I then decided to to a teenage girl room, it was natural to also make a bathroom fitting a teen. The bedroom can be found here.

9RsV61f.png
    ZFlMFO6.png
    fxXQjJr.png
    rlho8AN.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited March 2017
    Teen Girl Bedroom

Gallery link

This room was made for the Coastal Mansion. I decided to make a room for a teenage girl after making countless 'normal' bedrooms. I also made an en suite for this room which can be found here.

BoaPmUG.png
    WlVVFOB.png
    jyWuXJg.png
    UJkJxYQ.png
    4TFjwyD.png
    lgGENys.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Spider Nursery

Gallery link

This room was sort of an accident that occurred while building The Old Manor. After decorating 3 bedrooms I decided to make a room for a child or baby. I saw the bassinet that came with the Vampire pack and I immediately knew I wanted to use it and make a nursery. The rest of the room was designed around the bassinet, or crib.

CLfWL4E.png
    kOLhh5i.png
    myeH8zc.png
    SWz0BkI.png
    tWXDB7i.png
    NO5b5Lu.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited March 2017
    Colorful Boys Room

Gallery link

All the builds I do are special, but this one maybe a little bit more than the others. I created this after the toddlers were released in the game. I saw some amazing creations in the gallery, but sadly the majority of them were for girls. Being the mother of two boys myself I wanted to create something for them. To be fair I consider this a unisex room more than a boys room. It can be enjoyed by both girls and boys. I decided on bold colors and lots of them. Not sure what made me do this, but I think I wanted something fun. My oldest son who will turn 3 years old in not long would prefer a car room though. Lots and lots of cars. I did get him a car bed though, so I think he would approve.

JMmY9gO.png
    WOmPRQG.png
    Tg9VcOB.png
    SWusH0t.png
    khcnbv2.png
    C23TRUT.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Ice Blue Winter Bath

Gallery link

This room was my first entry into Rosemow's room challenge. The theme was "A seasonal bathroom". My entry can be found here.

When I saw this challenge I immediately knew I wanted to do it, and I immediately knew I wanted to do winter as my season. I come from Norway, the eternal land of winter. Although we do not have polar bears walking the streets, we do have snow. I love how snow makes even the oldest and most haggard neighborhoods look magical. I can do without the cold though.

When looking at getting inspiration for my winter themed room, I very quickly found the blue/white teals that had a sort of snowflake pattern on them. As soon as I saw this I knew I wanted to use it, and the rest of the room was designed around it. Because the floor is a feature, I decided to keep the walls clean and simple. I used white and ice blue on different walls to break up the monotony a little. I wanted the room to feel luxurious, and I tried to reflect this in the interior.

nclhsZm.png
    z3fT3RP.png
    KU1FswP.png
    efeEhHD.png
    nc5idxQ.png
    Y8UgzHR.png
    QjywhXw.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hello :) Your showcase thread is so very nice! You have set it up so very well! It is very enjoyable reading the introduction words and background details that you have written for each home and room, and reading your description of the builds and seeing the pictures. I have been enjoying reading what you have been writing about each of the builds and looking at the pictures as you were setting up the thread, Each of the homes and rooms are so very nice! It is great that you have posted all your homes, right from your first one that you built. It is an ongoing building journey. Your sons would like Colorful Boys bedroom :)
    The organisation of the thread is done so well! I will look forward to seeing your future builds that you create also :)
    @rosemow Thank you! <3

After I finished with everything I realized I could have just posted one or two homes and then just waited and done them little by little.. haha! But I like to organize. Either way, now that it's done it will be easy to post new things :)

I noticed someone was liking things as I was working on the thread! haha!

Thank you for the nice feedback though. I very much appreciate that you took the time to look through everything :) That means a lot to me!
    And thank you for adding me to the Showcase thread :*

I am currently working on your new challenge actually! I have an idea in my head, so I'll see if I manage to build it they way I envision it :)

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    I just bookmarked your showcase! So many great Buildings - I Need to check all of them ingame. Simple love your style and the gift to make every build seem like a real home to someone. :)
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    @jhgkjhgkjh Aww thank you <3 And congrats on being my first follower in the gallery! haha

I have actually bookmarked you as well, so now I can keep track of your new builds :)

I very much appreciate you taking the time to check out my builds! And hey, if you have any helpful tips or critique then I welcome that as well. I strive to learn and to get better!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited March 2017
    King's Head Pub

Gallery link

This is an entry for Rosemow's room challenge. The theme was "A dance room for the Annual Chess Dance Celebration". My entry can be found here.

This challenge seemed difficult at first, as I have no first hand experience with chess. As I was considering the challenge though and imagined a chess club, I imagined them at a pub. I might be stereotyping here, but seeing the 'run of the mill' chess player in a black and white suite in a ballroom or getting funky at the local nightclub seemed a little wrong to me. For that reason I decided to make my room a pub.

The pub has a large dance floor area and live music. It has a small bar and few seating areas. I tried to keep the focus on the dance area, since the challenge was all about the chess boys (and girls) getting their groove on.

(Note: I have included an extra photo that shows the chandelier over the dance floor. I didn't get that in the other photos posted in the entry)

XeRrilD.png
    jS5VkSM.png
    ikbg93P.png
    llcGqdE.png
    PCSL72N.png
    8JQiVuA.png
    yzqNOVM.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Nice spiffy new thread sweetie! Love how you set it up! Beautiful and amazing creation dear. Look forward to seeing more and more from you!