Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IDK, Barbara? (We are bad at naming things) -- A United Reading Heptagon

Comments

• SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    Did I say that I dislike people that are men? I mean people that are mean! :D
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I hoped and assumed that was what you meant, @Sourocha ! :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
    And to answer your question about what's next, I think is a good idea to give some time to catch up with the stories, and in the mean time, talk, reallly! That way, if there is any criticism, people will more likely not take it personally, as they know the other person more! @CitizenErased14
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @CitizenErased14 - Yes. Let's give everyone a little time to catch up. Some of us have several stories. Is there already a list of which one we should focus on?

And let's continue to chat here. I love reading everyone's replies. As @Sourocha said, get to know each other and maybe ask questions as we have them.
    @AudreyFld that's a great question, actually! About people with multiple stories... what story would you like our circle to focus on?
    snvAF3B.png
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I only have one active story. Starting Over. That's all I can really manage.

@CitizenErased14 Maybe you can post the links on the first page so we can find them easily. :)
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    what story would you like our circle to focus on?
    It's the Castellon Legacy One.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I like having a nice chat first too. :) I'm also only working on one story, that one being White Lies and Half Truths.
    Okay! I also have one story that's The life of the Majolentes.
    And now, a very serious question...

Sweet or Salty?

I like sweet, but not too sweet, like eclair, alfajor, lemon cream... :yum:
    Awesome, I'll put all these links in the first post when I'm home tonight! :)

And @Sourocha I love both... together! I adore chcoclste covered pretzels... and chocolate covered potato chips! Mm...
    snvAF3B.png
    I like salty, but I always have cravings for sweet things :)
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    The Landon Legacy is the only story I have right now :)

I like both! If I have sweet things in the house I tend to crave savoury and if I have savoury I crave sweets. Cant win :P

4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I don't know how I missed that this thread had started! I have so much to say, responses to the questions, responses to all of your responses to the questions, and of course general randomness. I'm prolly gonna smoosh it all into two big responses. Y'all get ready it's gonna be so many words, like at least 500 words, like a class essay, the topic being why it took me so long to get that Ann is actually a really clever nickname for Barbara. ;)
    This is my response to all your responses!

@AkramA: Pinstar's legacy was also where I got my start really digging into the Sims's lifestories in an organized way. I never turned my legacy into a SimLit story, but I still have the complicated multi-sheet spreadsheet on Google Sheets calculating my carefully compiled legacy score! You must do some pretty heavy woodworking if you often use an axe and saw. What do you usually make?

@Arrowleaf: I feel you on the fried plantains! My husband's family is from Honduras, so I have a lot more knowledge of Caribbean foods than I did 8 years ago. No seafood for you either? Are you allergic too?

@AudreyFld: I'm imagining you travelling with a suitcase. In this suitcase is one suit, one pair of jeans, one pair of shoes, and 20 John Grisham novels. To correct this ridiculousness, what type of paperback books did you carry with you before digital books? And yes, food is definitely a wine group. I mean, wine is a food group. Actually, food is a wine group too. Since any food tastes even better when paired with the proper wine. Except maybe Vienna sausages, I have no idea what they taste good with, lol.

@Sourocha: Grilled cheese aspiration? That's brilliant. What's your favorite kind? Mine is home-made with sliced wheat bread, sharp cheddar and provolone (or mozarella if no provolone), then add thick-sliced bacon and thin sliced tomatoes. The whole thing is made on a griddle with butter of course, and you must toast both sides of each slice in the butter, of course. Also, do you make your own mango juice or do you get it from the store? I imagine when it's out of season, that can cost more than fair trade fancy coffee!

@CitizenErased14 sooooo, I had to Google RPGs. Does the Game of Life count? These games sounds like a lot of fun, I wonder if they have online versions that are as good to play as the in person board versions. And who turns you into a fangirl? Living in New York, you basically have to play it cool when you meet celebrities/famous/infamous people, but I occasionally fail, sometimes quite epically.

@Cement: It sounds like you did a lot with screenshots before you started writing, do you regularly do wordless posts (I guess I'll find out soon enough once I start reading your story)? Also, do you ever do builds that aren't just for your own stories?

I haven't seen stranger things, but if that chick in the picture is named Barbara, I'd be fine with her as our mascot.

Having that list of everyone's stories on the first page will be really useful. I must admit I had a bit of trouble finding everyone's stories on my own last night. But I'm bookmarking the links and subscribing where I can. You guys are getting your own folder in my bookmarks. The bookmark, is of course, titled Barbarites. :#
    @cecerose0208 I turn into a fangirl mainly for the band Muse. :smiley: They are my faves!!!!

(Btw, true story, I'm gonna be in NYC in April for a few days. You should find me to say hi :smiley:)
    snvAF3B.png
    @cecerose0208 there's some irony in the line "do you do wordless posts" in comparison to what my story looks like... :joy: It's very wordy, especially in the beginning. I started offsetting the monster text vomit I had with more screenshots in chapter 3.
    I do love taking screenshots though, and I enjoy editing them a lot too. On my blog I have "narratives" which definitely have more screenshots than my actual story and the shorts I did for the Short Story challenge thing here.

For builds, yes. Most of my houses are for townies I liked in my main save, and I have tons of houses and venues I built for fun that aren't on the gallery, too. (I have some posts around my blog that are on some of my builds, but I'm not impressive as a builder, I just build whatever I'm in the mood for.)
    First post has been updated with everyone's story links! :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
    @cecerose0208 I make my grilled chees at home, so I guess is home'made style? :D Put some olive oil on sides, some cheese in it, sometimes a slice of tomato, and than put in the grilled cheese maker! I like it very crunchy, so I leave it for a while...and the mangos, I live ina tropical area, so, no problem with the mango situations, the mango juice is actually home-made, as I most of my family has mango trees in their houses, and as most don't like mango juice, guess for who all that goes to? :yum:
    edited June 2017
    This is my responses to all the questions!

What has brought you to simlist? What is your story, from since you began to write, to now?
    Is it bad that I really don't remember? I think I have Google to thank. I have had an Android phone for years, so I have that super extensive Google Now app. Once you Google something like twice, they constantly refer you to related content. Right after the Sims 4 came out, I found thesims.com and that led me to the Community page which led me to the forums.

No wait, that's not quite it. I think I found CathyTea's blog somehow (maybe through a random quirky comment she put on a random forum thread and I commented on it about how I liked the stories and always forced my husband to hear the made up drama I overlayed onto the Sims' behavior. She responded that there was a whole writer's section of the forums and suggested I visit the Writer's Lounge.

Or maybe that suggestion didn't happen until after I started writing? Ugh, I don't know. I'm no good at origin stories. However, I can describe in perfect detail any recipe I have never written down, go figure.

Either way, I found the Writer's Lounge, and then decided my first full blown written story was gonna be a neighborhood rotation where I played through multiple generations. I used to write when I was younger. Terribly cliched stories as a child and long-winded emotional poetry as a teen. I also have my own personal blog, but I don't update it regularly.

For a question to start it off... I don't know, hobbies? What are you guys' likes and dislikes? :o
    Hobbies: Yoga, reading, watching a ton of TV and movies, playing the Sims, spending a ton of time all by myself, and spending a ton of time in jazz clubs.
    Likes: Food! I love great food. For instance, if you say to me, "this isn't bad, try this," I'd like say no. "Not bad" isn't good enough. That's like a 5 out of 10, and I need great food, you know? And I love to cook. I'm definitely the domestic one in my house, and I get it from my momma and grandmother and grandma. And I like music, almost all types (nothing that goes dunsh dunsh dunsh and immediately gives me a headache though).

If you're a sims, what's your traits and aspiration?
    Aspiration would be Nerd Brain or Renaissance Sim. Traits, I'd just go with what I used for my simself recently, but I don't remember, lol. Y'all sensing a trend here? I'll go with Foodie, Music Lover, Geek, Good, Snob, Self-Assured. Wait, that's six. Um... if I had to pick three... I can cut Good because I fit the trait description, but I enjoy a good petty moment. I can cut Music Lover because sometimes a desire for silence wins over a desire for music, though live music gives me life. And I will cut Snob only because while I'm definitely one by almost anyone's definition, I don't expect other people to follow my standards. So, Foodie, Geek, Self-Assured! I should probably update my Simself if that doesn't match.

What is your first sims games to play?
    The Sims. Way back before there were elders or toddlers. Just these boring little stick figures that were still somehow the best thing ever. Anyone else remember the revelation that was Sims 2 Seasons and Sims 2 Generations? Mind blown, and I still feel that strongly when I think back to those moments.

What is your favorite games other than sims?
    Anything I can watch someone else play. I like watching my husband play 2K basketball on the playstation.

Right, left, or both handed?
    Right, apparently we all are

Favorite time of the day?
    late night. I'm such a night owl. Even if I've been up for 20 hours, I'm good to go once midnight hits.

Coffee or Tea?
    Both. I love a nice french press coffee or a hot toddy, made at home by me, of course.

What's a nickname for Barbara? Barbie, Barbs, Barry, etc?
    Barbie!!!! I loved those dolls, hell I still do! I buy the holiday edition one for my mom as part of her Christmas present every year!

For more plot driven stories, do you guys build your 'sets'? Or do you download them from the gallery?
    My stories are game-driven, but the location still matters. I like to get downloads or use the existing structures, then I re-decorate. One of my Sims in my story, who recently came into some money, spends a lot of time redecorating her home.

And now, a very serious question... Sweet or Salty?
    Salty. I will eat all the salt & vinegar potato chips. All of them. I do like sweet, but not too sweet. And I loooooooove them together. A payday bar is manna from heaven.

OMG, this is so long. Kudos to anyone who reads through my whole answer in one sitting.
    Post edited by cecerose0208 on
    @cecerose0208 I turn into a fangirl mainly for the band Muse. :smiley: They are my faves!!!!

(Btw, true story, I'm gonna be in NYC in April for a few days. You should find me to say hi :smiley:)

As long as it's not the last weekend, when I'll be in Chicago for a bachelorette party, that would be great!
    Sourocha wrote: »
    @cecerose0208 I make my grilled chees at home, so I guess is home'made style? :D Put some olive oil on sides, some cheese in it, sometimes a slice of tomato, and than put in the grilled cheese maker! I like it very crunchy, so I leave it for a while...and the mangos, I live ina tropical area, so, no problem with the mango situations, the mango juice is actually home-made, as I most of my family has mango trees in their houses, and as most don't like mango juice, guess for who all that goes to? :yum:
    You have a grilled cheese maker? Sweet!
    I loved your answers @cecerose0208 :smiley: Your mention of Sims 2 brought back so much nostalgia :'(
    snvAF3B.png
    Caught up on @Arrowleaf 's story! :smiley: I'm hooked already! Your descriptions are fantastic. I am still in love with this line: "Pure terror blossomed in my stomach, tendrils of fear slinking their chilled claws across my skin." :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
    Since you are talking about the sims 2, I will talk about it too! Sometimes I still play it, as my grandparents computer can actually run the sims 2...it's very fun!
    That's cool @Sourocha ! I haven't played it in years :( So many fond memories though! I still remember flipping out in joy seeing the trailers that showed the new life stages :smiley:

Hope everyone is doing well today! I tried writing a chapter last night and only made it halfway through... hoping to finish today! :smiley: Also hoping to continue my reading catch-up (slowly but surely!)
    snvAF3B.png