Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New bed sizes

I believe that we need new sizes of beds.

here are my ideas

1. keep the Twin/Single size.
2. Keep the double size
3. Introduce queen size beds
4. Introduce King size beds
5. maybe let us select the colour of the bed and the sheets separately, and introduce 2 new bed colours and 5 new sheet colours.

Ideas?

Comments

• lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited March 2017
    The ability to chose/or upgrade thanks to the handiness skill the bed's quality.
    If i want my sims to have a good bed, i always end up to pick up the same bed, which doesn't fit the the room's atmosphere.
    I would love the queen/king beds size, and futon :)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't see any need at all for Queen and King size beds. The sims won't know any difference. What we need is a way to use our handiness skill to upgrade the beds so any of them can be a 9 or 10 comfort level. The best sleeping bed is only one bed that, if you want your sims to have a good nights sleep, must be used everywhere, even if the style doesn't fit.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I don't think we need new sizes, except it would be great to have a toddler bed that will also be used for children. and they get a new bed when their teens. and of course bunk beds.
  • GlacierGlacier Posts: 193 Member
    I would like more flexibility with the bed: size, style, color and its use. We can do a lot of things in the bed, like eating and reading. And I would like to put 3 people in the bed, maybe even more...
  • eksynneksynn Posts: 26 Member
    +1 to bunk beds! o/
    also an option to edit our own posts lol

edit^
    about bunk beds, maybe make it modular? there used to be a bed in sims3 that was a really tall bed with a ladder that you could put certain desk types under it, with a chair and everything. or another bed.
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    You can edit your posts @eksynn but you need to be a member first to do it(:

i.. thought i was? i signed up and signed in and everything o- o what did i miss? lol

that might also explain why i can't create new posts xD....
    eksynn wrote: »

i.. thought i was? i signed up and signed in and everything o- o what did i miss? lol

New members have a trial period. You must achieve certain goals to become a member. This helps ensures that banned people can't just create a new persona and post plum.
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    @eksynn if you look under your name when you post you see posts and rank, the rank is only new member. To become a member you need 50 points and 30 posts(:
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    eksynn wrote: »

New members have a trial period. You must achieve certain goals to become a member. This helps ensures that banned people can't just create a new persona and post plum.

oh! ok - yea that makes sense then. and safer ^^
    i'll just hang around until then, then

i actually wanted to ask why cakes can't be baked and must be cooked instead. xD
    @eksynn if you look under your name when you post you see posts and rank, the rank is only new member. To become a member you need 50 points and 30 posts(:

understood ^^ thank you for letting me know lol
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I agree with their being a way to upgrade comfort level. I get sick of using the same beds all the time, but I don't want to use the cheap ones with lower comfort levels.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    edited March 2017
    I don't see any need at all for Queen and King size beds. The sims won't know any difference. What we need is a way to use our handiness skill to upgrade the beds so any of them can be a 9 or 10 comfort level. The best sleeping bed is only one bed that, if you want your sims to have a good nights sleep, must be used everywhere, even if the style doesn't fit.
    I don't think we need new sizes, except it would be great to have a toddler bed that will also be used for children. and they get a new bed when their teens. and of course bunk beds.

New sizes because bigger beds would just look nicer, and would show luxury, and some people give their sims massive rooms
    But sims dont move about that much in bed, I don't think I've even seen mine roll over, most of the bed wouldn't be used. I'd rather see, no I cant think of anything I would rather see in an adult bedroom. But most if not all my adult bedrooms is just big enough for a double bed, a wardrobe and a crib, and sometimes a toddler bed. That's it. and even then sometimes I have one chest of drawers for a whole family and that sits else where in the house.
    If people really want really big beds I hope they get them.
    DcD2510 wrote: »

New sizes because bigger beds would just look nicer, and would show luxury, and some people give their sims massive rooms

If you're just trying to fill space, use the "larger" button to make it gigantic and fill the room. Just making the beds a little bigger won't make any huge difference and just be a waste of time and effort. Try using MOO and make two beds into one (although this seems silly like wanting a King and Queen size in the first place).
  • SoccerLuv51SoccerLuv51 Posts: 11 New Member
    I think they should also introduce bunk beds (that work)
    Bunk beds YES,
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Being able to upgrade furniture would be a nice addition. Some of the lower end furniture looks nice, but it's not practical due to having lower statistics so I never use them.
    @Jestina I used to do the same. I use the cheaper cookers and fridges because these can be upgraded. I wish they could upgrade the beds and sofas to.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

We might need bigger sizes so we can get in bed animations. I read a guru said double beds are just 2 single beds put together. That s why we don't have the in bed animations.
  • shedeviledeggshedeviledegg Posts: 39 Member
    King-sized beds would be great for my polyamorous Sims who are dating more than one. It'd be nice to have 3 sleeping in one bed. 4 is too much for one bed though, IRL and in-game.

I hope I stand corrected about my latter statement.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Jestina wrote: »
    Being able to upgrade furniture would be a nice addition. Some of the lower end furniture looks nice, but it's not practical due to having lower statistics so I never use them.

Me too. For example with single bed, some of them totally fits in my kid/teens/single sims bedroom but most of them are low level, so i must take the expensive one if i want them to sleep well. While my music addict sims would love the bed with the guitar, and don't mind paying/learning handiness to be able to upgrade it ^^