Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch? And Free Update Content?

Are we expecting a patch this month? Just came on to check if there is one, and are we expecting a free content patch this month (March)?
Not being greedy, just wondering.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    We get at least one patch every month. Especially if there's a pack being released. According to some sources, the upcoming Bowling pack is supposed to be announced and released within the next couple weeks, so we'll probably get a patch before then.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    We get at least one patch every month. Especially if there's a pack being released. According to some sources, the upcoming Bowling pack is supposed to be announced and released within the next couple weeks, so we'll probably get a patch before then.

In a couple of weeks it will be April. :) Two weeks from today is March 31st.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I'm crossing my fingers for next week. I swear though, I'm going to be a little salty if there are very few bug fixes listed. TS4 sorely needs a bug squashing.
    I'm crossing my fingers for next week. I swear though, I'm going to be a little salty if there are very few bug fixes listed. TS4 sorely needs a bug squashing.

Agree, there is a whole lot wrong on top of performance issues for many.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    My predictions are that we get the Bowling Night teaser on Monday (20th) and then the announcement trailer and the patch on the 21st and then the SP on the 28th.
    1FKDfKj.png
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    My predictions are that we get the Bowling Night teaser on Monday (20th) and then the announcement trailer and the patch on the 21st and then the SP on the 28th.

When do we usually get patches since I have noticed a few times we have actually gotten one on a Friday.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Simfan923 wrote: »

When do we usually get patches since I have noticed a few times we have actually gotten one on a Friday.

They might be releasing it next Friday. Honestly I never really pay attention to when we get patches cause they seem to change the day so many times I can't keep track. I just feel like next week we'll get a patch in preparation for Bowling Night.
    1FKDfKj.png
    I hope so. Need a lot of bug fixes before they add more content.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,585 Member
    imo I think it's gonna be March 28 cuz right now EA's big money maker series is about to pop out their newest cash baby so it'd make a lot more sense for them to wait and focus on the release of the next SP until the week after.

While I feel like they should've released at least some patches that fix some of the issues we've been having a little earlier, whatever works as long as it gets done.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I was just playing the game, and a notification (the one we get when playing sims) came up saying "online will shut down in 10 minutes for maintenance" then when it popped up again, it said 5 minutes, so I logged out.

My Sim just got engaged so I didn't want to chance loosing anything.

Even though its maintenance, is it the Gallery?
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    I think it'll be at least a week. I'm not expecting any new content, except maybe a new cas item promoting EA's new game...
  • Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    I was just playing the game, and a notification (the one we get when playing sims) came up saying "online will shut down in 10 minutes for maintenance" then when it popped up again, it said 5 minutes, so I logged out.

It will just be to do with the gallery. It happens fairly often.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member

It will just be to do with the gallery. It happens fairly often.

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I was hoping for a patch *sigh*
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Can we get something this time I will actually like and use because the gender patch has gone haywire and I see male sims in dresses and bathing suits in CAS I completely disabled the tragic clown from ever setting foot in my neighborhoods and I kind of wish I had a choice over toddlers because I personally hate them even though my avy shows one. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Are we expecting a patch this month? Just came on to check if there is one, and are we expecting a free content patch this month (March)?
    Not being greedy, just wondering.

Most likely Next Week Thursday in prep for Bowling Night on the 28th.
  • simlishtrsimlishtr Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited March 2017
    and don't forget the challenge (grow fruit again i guess)
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    From what I have noticed is that we generally get a patch towards the beginning of the month. Within the first two weeks. Unless a new pack is coming out. Then we will get one within the week prior to the new pack.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    edited March 2017
    I'm hoping we get body peircings and in bed animations with this patch. I wouldn't be suprised though if we get urinals and toilet stalls in this patch. I think that will be patched into the base game at some point. If not now later.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm sure we will get more animations in the bed. Because i saw, my sims leaving in the bed and she was in position ''relax'' like TS3.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    I'm sure we will get more animations in the bed. Because i saw, my sims leaving in the bed and she was in position ''relax'' like TS3.

I hope so but this has been in the gamefile since the base game.
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited March 2017
    Can we get something this time I will actually like and use because the gender patch has gone haywire and I see male sims in dresses and bathing suits in CAS ...

Fascinating ... I almost never see crossdressing in my game ... and in CAS the male/female filter is on per default
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I just hope the patch comes soon. I'm having the same bugs since the toddlers update, and I feel like I can't deal with them any longer.
    If this next patch doesn't fix them I'll probably flip a table o:)
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I've been wondering where that patch has been...I really hope there are a lot of bug fixes this time around because my game desperately needs them
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I like how things have gotten so bad that people are hyped for an actual friggin' patch. The last patch that fixed a sizeable amount of bugs had to be in December or November...
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Proteus42 wrote: »
    Can we get something this time I will actually like and use because the gender patch has gone haywire and I see male sims in dresses and bathing suits in CAS ...

Fascinating ... I almost never see crossdressing in my game ... and in CAS the male/female filter is on per default

same and i'm playing 3 save files, 12 families