Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They're leaving it to the last minute..

So no announcement today. They're really leaving it until the last minute. They need to have a week for promotion before release, so since it's going to be released in March, that leaves next week to be the last week that it can be announced before it gets pushed to April.

Boo.

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    yep, again :D I don't mind that though I am pretty excited
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Has America already summer time? Here in Germany I wouldn't expect an announcement yet.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I can't think that they'd have wanted to release a stuff pack the same day as Mass Effect: Andromeda anyway. If it wasn't going to release last week or today (neither of which is technically "spring," though Vintage Glamour didn't technically release in "winter" either), the 28th was always most likely.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Has America already summer time? Here in Germany I wouldn't expect an announcement yet.

We are just about to enter Spring here in the US. The "official" calendar date for Spring is March 20th this year. I think the Quarterly Teaser is in April, but Bowling Stuff is coming out in March.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited March 2017

We are just about to enter Spring here in the US. The "official" calendar date for Spring is March 20th this year. I think the Quarterly Teaser is in April, but Bowling Stuff is coming out in March.

By summer time I presume he means the clocks going forward. We call it 'British Summer Time' in the UK. They go forward at the end of this month.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    I don't really get why you guys keep going on about when its winter and spring. The quarter teaser were released in January and according to the SimsGuru (not a calendar) a quarter teaser counts for 3 months. In that time the content that's in the teaser must be released. Doesn't matter of one of the month suddenly changes to spring, summer, autumn, or winter. 3 months from the teaser is released.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited March 2017
    Zafireria wrote: »
    I don't really get why you guys keep going on about when its winter and spring. The quarter teaser were released in January and according to the SimsGuru (not a calendar) a quarter teaser counts for 3 months. In that time the content that's in the teaser must be released. Doesn't matter of one of the month suddenly changes to spring, summer, autumn, or winter. 3 months from the teaser is released.

The teaser said the vampires would come in winter, bowling in spring (which starts during the quarter).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Um yeah it does...
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    It's typical within TS4; a pack gets released pretty late, and then fails to wow us. :disappointed:
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm still exploring toddlers, then need to get back to my vampire save, so I can hold off on anything new (though I would like to be able to send my about to be teen Sim and her best friend on bowling dates).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    So no announcement today. They're really leaving it until the last minute. They need to have a week for promotion before release, so since it's going to be released in March, that leaves next week to be the last week that it can be announced before it gets pushed to April.

Boo.

Pre Announcement Tease is coming Monday with Announcement and Trailer Tuesday.
    aaronjc123 wrote: »

By summer time I presume he means the clocks going forward. We call it 'British Summer Time' in the UK. They go forward at the end of this month.

Yes time changed this Sunday.

Actually the teaser came early in Late Dec because of the holidays.
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member

Ah, I see! I didn't know that, you learn something new every day
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Honestly at this point for The Sims 4 is basically it's here when it gets here. Why wait when The Sims team will stretch it as far as they possibly can. True this is useful because at least they are actually taking there time but still it becomes nerve wrecking when they don't say a word for weeks and weeks and weeks at a time. We don't know anything except there's a bowling theme. As far as we know we won't get an actual bowling lot just a ball ten pins with a message at the top right of the screen in a blue box telling you to "DO IT OUTSIDE!" and the message was so angry my goodness!

Exactly this. I was surprised that everyone was complaining about no announcement at 6 pm Central European Time while announcements are never made before 7 pm.

Thanks for the info - then we Europeans will have to look out for teasers one hour earlier until 25 March.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    It's not really that surprising is it? Seems pretty typical of Sims releases so far. They can announce it next week and release the final week of March! There is still time. Although personally I'm just excited for the new quarterly teaser in April. :)
    edited March 2017

The teaser said the vampires would come in winter, bowling in spring (which starts during the quarter).
    oooh that one i missed. That would explain it better. Tho i just keep to the 3 month xD
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Um yeah it does...
    um how?

Didn't know 6th of January was counted as late December. My bad o.O

(Teaser trailer was released on twitter the 6th of jan)

Edit: i am not being sarcastic or anything i actually didn't know. Thought late was around 27th+
    Honestly at this point for The Sims 4 is basically it's here when it gets here. Why wait when The Sims team will stretch it as far as they possibly can. True this is useful because at least they are actually taking there time but still it becomes nerve wrecking when they don't say a word for weeks and weeks and weeks at a time. We don't know anything except there's a bowling theme. As far as we know we won't get an actual bowling lot just a ball ten pins with a message at the top right of the screen in a blue box telling you to "DO IT OUTSIDE!" and the message was so angry my goodness!

I would say with 99% certainty were going to get a bowling lot type and venues. I 'll be surprised if we don't.

oooh that one i missed. That would explain it better. Tho i just keep to the 3 month xD

Um yeah it does...
    um how?

Edit: i am not being sarcastic or anything i actually didn't know. Thought late was around 27th+

No it was released in Late December.

Um yeah it does...
    um how?

No it was released in Late December.
    Is this not the offical twitter? It says 6th of January.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thesims/status/817430645664260096?lang=en
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

Thanks for the info - then we Europeans will have to look out for teasers one hour earlier until 25 March.
    In Europe Daylight Saving Time (DST) (aka "summertime") always starts on the last Sunday in March while it in the US always starts on the second Sunday in March :)
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited March 2017

Exactly this. I was surprised that everyone was complaining about no announcement at 6 pm Central European Time while announcements are never made before 7 pm.
    I haven't noticed this. But if you are right then announcements are usually done at 10 am Californian time (because we are 9 hours ahead of California where EA's headquarter is).
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Honestly, I'm not even that "edge of my seat" on this pack, mostly because I still have so much left to do with the other packs- lol. We received three pretty good to great packs in a row. I haven't even touched the Keyboard from CL yet or maxed out my Vampire. I'm still going to buy the Bowling Pack- I know famous last words, but the SPs have been by and large really well done in my opinion so not too much of a risk. I guess I could take my Vampire bowling...