Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[SOLVED] Flash is Blocked on Chrome and Firefox

Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
I have been lacking ads lately and if I do get ads, it's a bad ad that plays but doesn't give me the points.

I suddenly saw the red red_x10.png at the top in the right corner of the address box. It pops up whenever I'm in the store. No matter what I do, it doesn't go away.

I found out from googling and coming across this video. So, if you're not getting ads, this is most likely why.

I'm pretty upset Chrome blocked flash, because now I may have to start paying for sp again, but whatevz. :neutral:
▼add/follow▼
●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
Post edited by Nomiko13 on

Comments

• Options
    GyreboxGyrebox Posts: 29 New Member
    I was wondering why i cant get any more ads. I have tried with chrome and firefox and internet explorer. Any other ideas? Safari?
  • Options
    taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    edited March 2017
    I think I've solved that issue in Chrome, at last it has been sticking for me for few days and I've been getting some ads. What I've done is I've Allowed Flash to play in chrome advanced settings (hostname pattern [*.]thesims3.com:80, Allow).
    However, what actually helped was changing two settings in chrome://flags:
    Prefer HTML over Flash DISABLED (you don't actually need this one)
    Run all flash content when Flash setting is set 'allow' ENABLED

Hope that helps you too!
    Post edited by taratownie on
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • Options
    siburyosiburyo Posts: 3 New Member
    @taratownie thank you so much!!! This problem has been driving me crazy for days. I probably got as many simpoints in the last ten minutes than I've gotten in the week before I read this. And I never would have figured this out on my own because I had no idea that page exists. Thank you thank you thank you!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    taratownie wrote: »
    I think I've solved that issue in Chrome, at last it has been sticking for me for few days and I've been getting some ads. What I've done is I've Allowed Flash to play in chrome advanced settings (hostname pattern [*.]thesims3.com:80, Allow).
    Prefer HTML over Flash DISABLED

Hope that helps you too!

@taratownie Hey, would mind telling me what tabs/categories to search under and/or provide images? I allow the exception "thesims3.com:80" but that red x still shows up :( I just don't know how to prefer flash over HTML.

Post edited by Nomiko13 on
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @siburyo you're welcome, I'm happy to help.

@Nomiko13 to find the flags you need to go to page chrome://flags
    b172a408-c6ac-4f83-a8fd-979d9e8513ad_zpsfd0eylv0.png

Please do allow the exception [*.]thesims3.com:80 (the brackets and the star are important)
    37ac84a8-a233-4e36-bd8a-50937fdef9ef_zpspsn0f9ty.png
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • Options
    @siburyo you're welcome, I'm happy to help.

@Nomiko13 to find the flags you need to go to page chrome://flags
    b172a408-c6ac-4f83-a8fd-979d9e8513ad_zpsfd0eylv0.png

Please do allow the exception [*.]thesims3.com:80 (the brackets and the star are important)
    37ac84a8-a233-4e36-bd8a-50937fdef9ef_zpspsn0f9ty.png

Thank you so much! I'm getting ads now immediately now! :D:love:

I'm bookmarking your post here <3

▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    @Ktarian friend, taratownie helped me start getting ads again. Just follow the instructions :)
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    OMG. This worked. I didn't even have to disable preferring HTML over flash, I just had to enable running all flash if it's set to allow. I already previously put in the whitelisting. Suddenly I get ads again! Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Ktarian wrote: »
    OMG. This worked. I didn't even have to disable preferring HTML over flash, I just had to enable running all flash if it's set to allow. I already previously put in the whitelisting. Suddenly I get ads again! Thank you so much!

@Ktarian I'm also getting tons of ads once again. Woot!
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    @Gyrebox read @taratownie's response :) I've been getting ads nonstop now.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited March 2017
    Prefer HTML over Flash DISABLED

Hope that helps you too!

Oh my gosh!!! Thank you! Don't take this the wrong way :D but I love you! This has been driving me mad! The other browsers would play one or two ads for me, then quit. You are a genius! <3

I am bookmarking this so if I see others that need help, I can point them in this direction. If I could give you an awesome and an insightful at the same time, I would!

• Options
    @Odonata68 I've been spreading this info like a wildfire xD

@taratownie is a literal savior.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh!!! Thank you! Don't take this the wrong way :D but I love you! This has been driving me mad! The other browsers would play one or two ads for me, then quit. You are a genius! <3

I am bookmarking this so if I see others that need help, I can point them in this direction. If I could give you an awesome and an insightful at the same time, I would!

Lol, thank you @Odonata68 . It was driving me mad, too, until I found a post in Chrome help forums where someone suggested disabling Prefer HTML over Flash flag, I just picked the other one along. The bad news are these flags are experimental things and may be gone in the next version of chrome but let's enjoy them while we can.
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    @Odonata68 I've been spreading this info like a wildfire xD

@taratownie is a literal savior.

Thanks @Nomiko13 :) Maybe adding to the title of this thread "Solved for now" or something like that.
  • Options
    LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    I've been reading this thread, as it says it's for firefox and chrome, but I see no mention of how to do this on Firefox. What's more, I have a Mac. Do these instructions apply to Firefox as well?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    LissieBess wrote: »
    I've been reading this thread, as it says it's for firefox and chrome, but I see no mention of how to do this on Firefox. What's more, I have a Mac. Do these instructions apply to Firefox as well?

Sorry @LissieBess , these instructions are for Chrome only.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I've been testing this with Prefer HTML over Flash flag enabled and yes, you don't actually need to disable it. Thanks for @Ktarian pointing it out. Obviously the problem is Chrome thinking ad content is not central to Sims 3 website.